• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Jigolo

You know, I forgot where I got the pictures in the OP of the manga volumes that were all a nice size like that. I do remember they were all from the same website. Volume 33 picture that size is gonna be a bitch to find now lol

And here my little brother was asking all week. "I wonder if he'll do it, I wonder if he'll release a chapter this week too" lol glad to see there's a new chapter again and with......him.....muahahha

Jigolo

Welcome to Chrollo Neo. Upgradeseverywhere and no more joking around.

Now this has me curious on the timeline from the point to where Hisoka disappeared with the exorcist to find Chrollo to now with a fight commencing on Heavens Arena. Like what happened to the other spiders? Was Chrollo running away after Hisoka freed from Kurapika's trap? And that's how he learned some new stuff. The fight is probably taking place after the Chairman election arc but for some reason I thought Hisoka would be heading out to DC due to his interests powerful people...

kirblar

Chrollo'sapparently a floor master and had to track down Hisoka to issue the Arena challenge. They both mention having had a hard time tracking down the other.

Definitely has Shalnark's power, would assume we'll eventually learn if that was voluntary on Shalnark's part to help w/ this fight.

This taking place *now* almost reads as a "thank you for waiting" to the fans.

vypek

Just read in the comments about it being Golden Week in Japan next week so I guess that means at least a week hiatus

smurfx

get some go again
oh god please don't kill hisoka off togashi. i like chrollo but not as much as hisoka. plus i want both of them to go to the dark continent. i'm hoping if hisoka "dies" it's just a magician trick he has up his sleeve and comes back later on. i wonder if this is top 3 most shocking scenes that fans have been waiting for the editor of hxh mentioned before the last hiatus. it could definitely be it since the editor might have known of his plans to have these two fight finally.

woopWOOP

Welcome to Chrollo Neo. Upgradeseverywhere and no more joking around.

Now this has me curious on the timeline from the point to where Hisoka disappeared with the exorcist to find Chrollo to now with a fight commencing on Heavens Arena. Like what happened to the other spiders? Was Chrollo running away after Hisoka freed from Kurapika's trap? And that's how he learned some new stuff. The fight is probably taking place after the Chairman election arc but for some reason I thought Hisoka would be heading out to DC due to his interests powerful people...
Wasn't there an 11-month 'timeskip' of sorts before the black whale actually sets off? I suppose this happened somewhere between that.

Chrollo having Shalnark's phone is interesting tho. I'm guessing he (and maybe others) willingly gave up their nen abilities (temporarily?) so Chrollo could pull some crazy shit fighting Hisoka.

Ohyeah, and I definitely hope the 'shocking' moment isn't taking place in this fight. Chrollo still needs to give Kurapika a heart attack and Hisoka is more or less one of HxH's main cast by this point...

Yonafunu

I think it's a testament to Togashi as a writer that I found this chapter less interesting than a chapter with just dialogue, like the previous one.

On the other hand, it might also be because this chapter feels awkwardly placed and very sudden in the middle of the very interesting Black Whale preparations going on right now. That was obviously the intention, for this be a "wait, what?!" chapter, but I don't feel like tha'ts a good thing here.

smurfx

get some go again
Wasn't there an 11-month 'timeskip' of sorts before the black whale actually sets off? I suppose this happened somewhere between that.

Chrollo having Shalnark's phone is interesting tho. I'm guessing he (and maybe others) willingly gave up their nen abilities (temporarily?) so Chrollo could pull some crazy shit fighting Hisoka.

Ohyeah, and I definitely hope the 'shocking' moment isn't taking place in this fight. Chrollo still needs to give Kurapika a heart attack and Hisoka is more or less one of HxH's main cast by this point...
i think the shocking scene is these two fighting. it's definitely something fans have been waiting for the longest. i wonder if chrollo can swap abilities he steals with other people. like he borrowed shalnark's ability and gave him another one from the book. i can definitely see somebody in the hxh world developing something like that and chrollo stealing it.

Jigolo

Funnily enough this just arrived and my collection is now complete besides Volume 0...

By the way did Togashi write Volume 0 too?

TdiotqV.jpg

QOsghYZ.jpg

Wow, that was almost fan-servicey. After so much time, it returns with Hisoka vs Chrollo, and without even a setup chapter, directly to a deathmatch.

It's a bit silly having Chrollo explaining all his powers to him/the audience, but it's a minor point, after waiting a decade for this fight.

Mael

This chapter was certainly worth the wait,
kubo should look at Togashi, that's how you do battle chapters!

The year of dreams continue!
I can't believe we had to sacrifice Prince too T_T.

Maffis

lol, amazing that it is finally happening.

but did they seriously kill the referee? they don't seem to give a single fuck, but that will probably not be okay for some people.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Was not expecting this chapter at all! Amazing stuff. It was pretty surreal. ItsHappening.gif

One of them is totally dying. I think it's going to be Hisoka.
At least if these are the chapters leading to the real series ending.

Hyun Sai

lol, amazing that it is finally happening.

but did they seriously kill the referee? they don't seem to give a single fuck, but that will probably not be okay for some people.

Well, in Gon VS Hisoka fight, people in the public definitely died from the paving stone Hisoka threw at them.

No fuck was given.

I can't believe this fight is finally happening!

If this ends up being an actual death match, I think Chrollo is going to be the loser. I think the ramifications of Hisoka killing Chrollo would be a lot more interesting, and considering Feitan is technically the de facto leader of the Phantom Troupe right now there is not a ton lost if Chrollo exits the story. I'd certainly be interested to see how Nobunaga would react to such a thing happening and whether this would effect Kurapika's story at all or if he's still just dead set on eliminating the Troupe as a whole.

cLOUDo

is weird that they do their fight in the heavens arena

yep, Togashi is in Full FanServiceMode

this arc is madness, we just need Gyro and the remaining ants (the zoldyck family and the phantom troupe is already a fact to me )
LOL

btw is shalnark ok? if chrollo have shalnark's hatsu, that means he cannot use his ability anymore (or even worse)

yami4ct

is weird that they do their fight in the heavens arena

yep, Togashi is in Full FanServiceMode

this arc is madness, we just need Gyro and the remaining ants (the zoldyck family and the phantom troupe is already a fact to me )
LOL

btw is shalnark ok? if chrollo have shalnark's hatsu, that means he cannot use his ability anymore (or even worse)

Doesn't Chrollo's power only stop the others' use while Chrollo is using it? I thought that was the case. Also, the person has to be alive or it disappears from the book, so we at least know he isn't dead.

I also wouldn't really call this fanservice as much as pay off. He's built certain aspects up so much that he really needs to start closing some threads up. You wouldn't call Gon meeting Ging finally fanservice.

smurfx

get some go again
the way togashi did gon meeting ging i wouldn't be surprised if he really killed either chrollo or hisoka. from the beginning i thought gon would only meet ging at the end of the series but that didn't happen and it was kinda anti climatic. i want to see hisoka in the dark continent so i hope he wins. if he is going to die then let him be killed in the dark continent in some horrible way.

I going to guess that this is all a pretense for Chrollo to steal Hisoka's ability. We'll see Hisoka slowly fulfill the conditions over the next few chapters until bloop bungee gum gone.

smurfx

get some go again
I going to guess that this is all a pretense for Chrollo to steal Hisoka's ability. We'll see Hisoka slowly fulfill the conditions over the next few chapters until bloop bungee gum gone.
hisoka then pulls out his hidden technique and kills chrollo.

This is Hunter Hunter after all, I wouldn't be too surprised if one of them actually does die here.

This is the same series that built up Gon vs Pitou for so long as some epic going blow for blow fight in a Shounen esque way and it resulted in a one-sided slaughter

This is the same series where the main character didn't even get the main fight in what's considered the two best arcs

There is one thing I don't like, and it's that Chrollo got his powers back... and we never heard of Kurapica. He said he would know if Chrollo would get back his nen someday, Gon called it warning him. It happened, a some time ago, but he totally forgot about it?

He is recovering the eyes, but most of the assassins that killed his entire village are all alive.

I have been waiting for well over a DECADE to read that chapter. damn

I can't see either of these two dying. Hisoka is probably less needed in the story but losing either of these bastards would be a massive loss.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Doesn't Chrollo's power only stop the others' use while Chrollo is using it? I thought that was the case. Also, the person has to be alive or it disappears from the book, so we at least know he isn't dead.

I also wouldn't really call this fanservice as much as pay off. He's built certain aspects up so much that he really needs to start closing some threads up. You wouldn't call Gon meeting Ging finally fanservice.
Pretty sure he "steals" the ability, ie they can't use it period. Example being the fortune teller losing her ability for good after Chrollo steals it.

I can't see either of these two dying. Hisoka is probably less needed in the story but losing either of these bastards would be a massive loss.

Yeah I'm torn. Hisoka is one of the "mainstay" characters of the series, let's remember he appeared all the way in the start of the Hunter exam! And he has continued all the way to the Election Arc. Chrollo on the other hand isn't really as important, but having him again would tie with the new arc, acting against Kurapica (Hisoka doesn't have a reason for that).

cLOUDo

I do not know if this will have been discussed in the databook, but in the manga girl who predicts the future could not use his ability i suppose Chrollo is the cause

the story can continue without them, that for sure
Togashi can do some arcs with this charcaters (phantom troupe's revenge on Kurapika or Hizoka(if this killed chrollo) but probably he doesn't care that much xd

There is one thing I don't like, and it's that Chrollo got his powers back... and we never heard of Kurapica. He said he would know if Chrollo would get back his nen someday, Gon called it warning him. It happened, a some time ago, but he totally forgot about it?

He is recovering the eyes, but most of the assassins that killed his entire village are all alive.

Also This

Mael

If Kuroro steals an ability, the original user cannot use it as long as the page is still in the book.
If the page is torn, the ability reverts to its original user.
Also if the original user die, the page is burnt and the ability cannot be used anymore.
That's why the troupe didn't attack the ambulance the girl with the prophecy was left alone and why the owl of the 10 mafia beasts was tortured in the Troupe's base during the York Shin ark.

Sharnalk is alive but between the ant arc and now his ability has been stolen by the leader.
Also K's 2nd needle wasn't to stick it into Hisoka but for himself.
Sharnalk explains it during the ant ark, it was a feint that K never planned to use as it may be powerful but if Hisoka survives he's toast.
Deceptively deep chapter actually.

vypek

If Kuroro steals an ability, the original user cannot use it as long as the page is still in the book.
If the page is torn, the ability reverts to its original user.
Also if the original user die, the page is burnt and the ability cannot be used anymore.
That's why the troupe didn't attack the ambulance the girl with the prophecy was left alone and why the owl of the 10 mafia beasts was tortured in the Troupe's base during the York Shin ark.

Sharnalk is alive but between the ant arc and now his ability has been stolen by the leader.
Also K's 2nd needle wasn't to stick it into Hisoka but for himself.
Sharnalk explains it during the ant ark, it was a feint that K never planned to use as it may be powerful but if Hisoka survives he's toast.
Deceptively deep chapter actually.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the needle feint that it used.

Philippo

Finally got to read it.

On one side WHOA, can't believe this is happening, we've been waiting so long for this.
Chrollo starting to show his true skills, and while Hisoka is playing it safely for now i can't wait for him to jump at his throat.
But the level is already great, and the mind games are already at full force.
Also Heavens Arena, yay! I was wondering about the other Floor Masters just the other day.

On the other hand, it's so out of the blue it feels quite anti-climatic, like, this was worthy of a much better build up.

Still, i trust Togashi as a writer like no one, i'm sure he know what he's doing.

Does he want them dead though? IIRC, he spared Chrollo and Pakunoda and was going to spare Uvogin. I honestly forgot what he wanted to do to the Troupe, it's been so long. He doesn't seem to want them dead and it doesn't appear he has much interest in turning them in to authorities.

What is going on?

How did Chrollo get his powers back?

Waaaah Hisoka vs Chrollo in the heavens arena is SO hype though. I was always hoping for a return to see what awaits at the top.

Edit - Hmm I always thought Hisoka-Chrollo would be part of the HxH endgame. I wish this fight had more build up and anticipation towards it; being out of the blue is rather unfitting. However Togashi is one to go against normal convention; I really hope this isn't a case of him rushing to finish the series a la YuYu Hakusho.

Top Bottom