• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

smurfx

get some go again
I honestly think Kurapika is going to burn himself out long before reaching his full potential. Vengeance may be his undoing unfortunately.
what if kurapikas future is being skinned and hanged on a wall by that serial killer prince he is after? or maybe he has his eyes removed. i don't think he is going to survive in the dark continent. either he gets killed by the prince or the spiders or one of the calamities gets him.

Daingurse

what if kurapikas future is being skinned and hanged on a wall by that serial killer prince he is after?

That would be pretty fucked, so I can see Togashi doing it lol. I just see something horrible happening to him in the near future. Which sucks because I really like Kurapika, and love that he's once again in the focus of the story. I just can't see Kurapika's path of vengeance ending well, at all.

SoulUnison

Banned
"Ponzu'd"

Having her get shot out of nowhere and then having the Ant stand over her and unload the gun into her face was the moment I realized that I probably shouldn't bother getting attached to any non-obviously-main characters.

Absolutely brutal.

Oh, yeah. And then he eats her. I didn't even remember that part.

Is that advancement not just cause of his nen chain at his heart? Or did that only strengthen the one technique?

It's not so much about the ability itself but the fact that he was already taking his Nen prowess to the next level. They started learning around the same time and while Gon and Killua were merely getting then hand of the basics, Kurapika had already did that and was already developing his Hatsu and several high level techniques. The Nen vow/restriction is for one ability and irrelevant anyway, he still had to train himself to use the ability.

He also completely overshadowed Gon and Killua when it came down to using more of the advanced Nen techniques such as En.

He's consistently been ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if Kurapika right now is significantly ahead compared to Gon/Killua in the Chimera Ant arc.

Shinriji

It's not so much about the ability itself but the fact that he was already taking his Nen prowess to the next level. They started learning around the same time and while Gon and Killua were merely getting then hand of the basics, Kurapika had already did that and was already developing his Hatsu and several high level techniques. The Nen vow/restriction is for one ability and irrelevant anyway, he still had to train himself to use the ability.

He also completely overshadowed Gon and Killua when it came down to using more of the advanced Nen techniques such as En.

He's consistently been ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if Kurapika right now is significantly ahead compared to Gon/Killua in the Chimera Ant arc.

Emperor time really is one of the most broken hatsu in HxH, but it was his abilities can truly excel when facing members of Ryodan. It was made for that purpose alone. Gon and Killua hatsu are much more versatile, physically strong and have so much more battle experience than Kurapika .

There is so much that Kurapika can do with binding chain and drowsing chain without emperor time.

Yonafunu

Emperor time really is one of the most broken hatsu in HxH, but it was his abilities can truly excel when facing members of Ryodan. It was made for that purpose alone. Gon and Killua hatsu are much more versatile, physically strong and have so much more battle experience than Kurapika .

There is so much that Kurapika can do with binding chain and drowsing chain without emperor time.

Chain Jail is the only ability he can only use on the Troupe, IIRC. He can freely use the rest, including Emperor Time, on anyone.

Shinriji

Chain Jail is the only ability he can only use on the Troupe, IIRC. He can freely use the rest, including Emperor Time, on anyone.

If people think that he Kurapika can do everything to non ryodan members that he did to Ubo, including the binding chain with en, fixing broken arms like it was nothing, are in to a rude awakening.

He himself admited that he is pretty vulnerable against a strong enemy non-ryodan when explaing his abilities to Gon and the others in Yorkshin.

vypek

Okay, I see what you mean. yeah he is pretty advanced in that regard. He does have fast development

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
If people think that he Kurapika can do everything to non ryodan members that he did to Ubo, including the binding chain with en, fixing broken arms like it was nothing, are in to a rude awakening.

He himself admited that he is pretty vulnerable against a strong enemy non-ryodan when explaing his abilities to Gon and the others in Yorkshin.

I mean, if his eyes go red, he can use Emperor Time, which maxes out his potential for all the fields of nen, which means he can heal himself like it was nothing. The only difference is that he can't chain jail non-spiders. He can still give them a max enhancer punch in the face. He's pretty OP.

Yonafunu

Aside from the binding chain, there's no reason to assume he couldn't.

Moaradin

Caught up. Hisoka vs Chrollo came out of nowhere but I can't complain. Shit is hype as fuck. Wonder if this will tie into DC at all or if this is just Togashi giving us a bone? lol

Hisoka Morow huh?

ElFly

The best part of the Hisoka / Chrollo fight is that they agree to fight to the death.

Then immediately they both kill the referee.

The only ability that is restricted to the troupe is Chain Jail. He can use anything else against anyone else, including his broken as fuck eyeballs.

Kieli

Makes no sense for Kurapika to be still ahead of Gon and Killua considering the latter were fighting to the death against grossly overpowered enemies while Kurapika has been dicking around with low-level mobsters.

And Gon and Killua are 1 in a million geniuses. I'd like to think Kurapika is a talented person, but not a genius.

I dislike Kurapika a lot. Hope he gets ponzu'd.

Crapika won't do anything this arc. All his action will happen off-screen because Togashi wants to close this series ASAP and you will like it.

Makes no sense for Kurapika to be still ahead of Gon and Killua considering the latter were fighting to the death against grossly overpowered enemies while Kurapika has been dicking around with low-level mobsters.

And Gon and Killua are 1 in a million geniuses. I'd like to think Kurapika is a talented person, but not a genius.

Gon and Kil are 1 in 10 million talents... maybe Kurapika is 1 in 100 million? :p

Imo? Stop trying to rationalize Kurapica. It was just a failure in Togashi's planning. At that point he just invented nen, and while he had the basic categories and ideas done, he didn't have very clear in his mind how skills (hatsus) would work, how powerful should be, how many skills should a hunter have, etc.
So he just gave Kurapica too many skills, and pretty good, in a too short time. It was later in the Greed Island arc where he defined the subtleties, he had a better mind to judge how many and how powerful should be the abilities of a single nen user, etc.
It never made any sense how Gon and Killua were 1 in a million kids, and Killua being a genius with previous training, needed a magnitude more of time to reach the same level.

It never made any sense how Gon and Killua were 1 in a million kids, and Killua being a genius with previous training, needed a magnitude more of time to reach the same level.

Maybe the time it took Gon/Kil is normal/good for 1 in ten million talents. However, it could make sense as Kurapika may be even more talented thus learning things faster.

Daingurse

Maybe the time it took Gon/Kil is normal/good for 1 in ten million talents. However, it could make sense as Kurapika may be even more talented thus learning things faster.

Kurapika started the series with way more drive than either Killua or Gon. I attribute a lot of Kurapika's development toward his immense desire to avenge his people. I still think Gon and Killua have more raw potential, but Kurapika is no slouch whatsoever. He is a supremely talented individual in combat, and very intelligent overall.

Philippo

I can see Kurapika having developed new chains for the other free hand, with a whole new set of skills.

But yeah, his desire of vengeance is too high, it's going to backfire so bad he's going to get GOT'd.

He's like Sasuke but beyond salvation, but still much more clever/reasonable.

Sure but he's definitely more motivated.
Gon and Killua developed Nen skills as a consequence of their journey, Kurapika on the other hand needs Nen for his goals.

vypek

Hxh 2011 Dub episode is out today though, right?

Episode 3, prepare for endless complaints of Killua's voice acting !

Yep. Airing tonight. Is it that bad when he talks for a while? I'm just starting the anime with the tv broadcast that is happening now. On the commercial it seemed perfectly fine for a kid. Is it a widely disliked voice in the community?

Hyun Sai

I don't see why Gon and Killua should be the only 1 in a million talented nen users in the planet, unless you're saying there are only 2 millions persons in HxH world.

Kurapika may be as or more talented as those two, with a severe plus in motivation, AND may have found a TOP TIERS master sooner than them.

Moaradin

Yep. Airing tonight. Is it that bad when he talks for a while? I'm just starting the anime with the tv broadcast that is happening now. On the commercial it seemed perfectly fine for a kid. Is it a widely disliked voice in the community?

We don't have a good idea for how Killua sounds yet. He only had 1 line in the promo.

Rutger

Banned
I'm really surprised to see that some think Kurapika might die.

I don't know, sure Togashi likes to shock us, but I don't think he's given me any reason to think he would kill any of the main four. Hell, even the darkest arc so far didn't kill of any of its main heroes(Unless you really want to count Netero, but he was a side character imo)

He's like Sasuke but beyond salvation, but still much more clever/reasonable.

You sure? I've always thought Kurapika letting Chrollo live in order to save Gon and Killua was to show that his quest for revenge hasn't completely consumed him.

People didn't like that 5 sec we saw from him in the promo, thought the voice wasn't deep enough. I agree with you, I thought the voice sounded fine since he's like 12 year old boy.

However, in the actual episode his voice was deeper. Not to deep but deeper. Hopefully it pleases both sides when we get more of Kil.

Philippo

I see Bleach/OP chapters are already out, HxH should come soon too right?

You sure? I've always thought Kurapika letting Chrollo live in order to save Gon and Killua was to show that his quest for revenge hasn't completely consumed him.

Yeah, i actually might backtrack on this, especially with the scene of him holding the baby prince last week. But idk, i feel like he still has a long way down deep into revenge, especially when he'll get closer to Tserrednich. And i fear he'll lose some of his cool and risk his life pretty badly.

woopWOOP

I'll admit, the double ability thing clicked with me when he used the stamp. Kind of want to see more possible combos.

I can still see Chrollo getting a last hit in and walking away victorious

That explained why Chrollo would have wanted the fight at Heavens Arena. Though I'm rooting for Hisoka to get the upper hand in this battle!

Kyuur

Damn, what a set of abilities. This kind of stuff is why I enjoy HxH so much in the first place. Chrollo is really confident in his abilities; I can't imagine that explaining the rules is part of his bookmark requirement (unless he explained Sun & Moon to the ref before, and he can use others while he explains) so he's not bluffing with his 100% win rate prediction. Hell, he could know for sure if he fulfilled Lovely Ghostwriter's conditions on Hisoka somehow!

I want Hisoka's comment about his favorite ending line to be true, but it's hard to see how he'll get out of this. Even if he wins he could be permanently handicapped due to Sun & Moon.

Edit: Oh shit, I just thought.. when the Sun and Moon seals are affixed, do they actually show up on the target? I wonder if Hisoka could pull some shenanigans with Deceitful Texture to trick Chrollo into thinking he has a checkmate.

Top Bottom