• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

vypek

Yes, Killua has the most potential in the history of his family. This includes Maha [Zeno's Grampa] - it's been stated that the only person to ever survive against Maha in battle is Netero and keep in mind this is likely a Prime Netero. The statement from Zeno can be interpreted that Maha was at least on par with Netero.

His current level is unknown as his best feats are against the Royal Guards. The problem is that while he was unable to significantly damage them, would that be the same for non-Royal guards? We just don't know how well Godspeed Kilua would fare in a fight against non-ant opponents because the guards have OP durability.

I like him too.

Hopefully in the current arc he can really step up and show what he's learned in the medical field. Perhaps there's a scenario where some major characters are severely injured and the only one around to help them is him.

You're right. Its hard to tell where his skills are right now. Yupi was the one he used the attack on right? It seems like an attack that most people would really feel but those opponents were so overpowered compared to them.

And this arc probably really is where we will see more stuff for Leorio since he gets to show up again. I'm glad he got development at least in becoming a zodiac. I'd like to see more of his nen powers as well. He was the slowest to develop them but it looks like by now he has a lot more than he did in the past.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I couldn't help but wonder this during the original Heavens Arena arc and I'm reminded again of it now.

Just who the hell is the audience for that shit? Down the lower levels you've got a ton of completely mismatched, boring fights that are literally just dudes pushing people and instawinning. Can you imagine people paying for boxing matches that were constantly decided by a single punch?

Then at the top levels, the vast majority of the crowd must have no idea what's going on, right? Since it's always implied that the general public have no idea about Nen, so it's just fighters using inexplicable magic powers, which they can't see fully without being able to use Nen themselves. And then most fights are constantly interrupted by the fighters stopping to have long, drawn out conversations about random shit. To use the boxing analogy again, imagine if Tyson Fury stopped a fight for ten minutes to discuss how he's insane? And finally, there is the constant threat of just being brutally murdered during the contest.

How is there enough of a market to support not just nen fights, but a whole 250 story superstructure dedicated to mind numbing blood sport?

Yeah, not sure how to explain the Nen aspect, I'd imagine the people think it's a spectacle. I imagine waivers are signed and like they show in the earlier stages, the spectators are allowed to bet on the winner, so I'm assuming gambling is a huge part of it's popularity.

Kyuur

How is there enough of a market to support not just nen fights, but a whole 250 story superstructure dedicated to mind numbing blood sport?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Nen floors don't actually award any prize money -- they're just for sport. So at least from a monetary standpoint, the Nen fights probably bring in the dough to pay for the lower floors.

Kieli

Godspeed Killua is probably already upper-tier as far as combat ability goes. How many people can keep up with that speed (besides Netero/Maha)? And no human has the durability that the Royal Guards do.

Godspeed Killua is probably already upper-tier as far as combat ability goes. How many people can keep up with that speed (besides Netero/Maha)? And no human has the durability that the Royal Guards do.

Keep in mind that Godspeed doesn't actually make Killua faster per se. All it really is, is these two relatively simple abilities.

Speed of Lightning: Which allows him to optimize his movement to where he's at his top physical speed for at all times.

Whirlwind: Which gives his aura the ability to read and instantly react(at the speed of lightning) to hostile intent. It's also the same ability he used to catch the dart against the ortho siblings.

「 Over HEAVEN 」;202838237 said:
Keep in mind that Godspeed doesn't actually make Killua faster per se. All it really is, is these two relatively simple abilities.

I think it does and it doesn't

Like you said, the "Speed of Lightning" ability allows him to not only move at the absolute peak-speed his body at the time but also for extended periods of time. However, the technique in a round-about way actually does make Killua faster because he can't actually produce Godspeed level speeds without the technique. It's the electricity going through his body that makes it possible for him to use the absolute peak his body is capable of.

As for Whirlwind? That ability is so good! This is the most fearsome ability of Godspeed for sure. With this ability he probably has the fastest reactions in the entire series with the possible exception of Post-Rose Meruem. Killua was able to stop a dart that materialised instantly as soon as it makes contact with the target.

Mael

Denko Sekka : Allows Killua to move at an incredible speed for an extended time.
He was able to cover the distance between King palace to wherever the hell
Shinpu Jinrai : basically instant reflex, he is basically untouchable and will counter to avoid damages. Basically it's a combination of En to sense where your enemy aura is and instantly counter at peak speed. You probably can't even touch him when this ability is activated.

Killua used this against the Royal guards who are something like top 5 strongest fighter shown so far and they were completely outmatched. From their reactions they would have won but not before Kanmaru was deactivated.

I'd say if you're not at least RG level you can't do shit and you're going to get killed if you don't have a serious ace up your sleeve.
Chances are if he wanted to kill Illumi there's nothing Illumi could have done to stop him.
He still can't do anything against a well trained enhancer like Palm who could concentrate her aura on attack while having an armor that could weather all attacks launched at her.

Of course all of this is nothing against the reborn King, that guy's normal speed is close to teleportation.

Denko Sekka : Allows Killua to move at an incredible speed for an extended time.
He was able to cover the distance between King palace to wherever the hell
Shinpu Jinrai : basically instant reflex, he is basically untouchable and will counter to avoid damages. Basically it's a combination of En to sense where your enemy aura is and instantly counter at peak speed. You probably can't even touch him when this ability is activated.

Killua used this against the Royal guards who are something like top 5 strongest fighter shown so far and they were completely outmatched. From their reactions they would have won but not before Kanmaru was deactivated.

I'd say if you're not at least RG level you can't do shit and you're going to get killed if you don't have a serious ace up your sleeve.
Chances are if he wanted to kill Illumi there's nothing Illumi could have done to stop him.
He still can't do anything against a well trained enhancer like Palm who could concentrate her aura on attack while having an armor that could weather all attacks launched at her.

Of course all of this is nothing against the reborn King, that guy's normal speed is close to teleportation.

Wouldn't that translate to all nen users with more experience using defensive abilities like ten and ken though?

As far as I know Godspeed doesn't make him physically stronger in anyway so all the opponent would have to do is "skip a few turns" while focusing on defense and in a minute or two it should run out.

And even then what about characters who just far outclass him in speed by several times like Phinks or Feitan(assuming killua hasn't gotten that much faster since yorknew)

If were to use a race as an analogy, The main advantage Godspeed gives killua is an early lead and constant rate of speed.
That won't help him in the long run against the guy who's just twice as fast overall.

If anything It serves better as a defensive tool to keep an enemy at bay rather than finishing them off quick especially if they are already aware of his presence and not caught off guard like Youpi

Lirlond

Don't forget the restriction that Killua needs to have a store of Electricity. Unless he straps a car battery to his back he's gonna be limited on the DC for using Godspeed.

Also, its worth noting that Killua can use Godspeed for longer now. At least for 20 mins.

I feel like that's just for running though. Otherwise he went from only being able to do it for a minute to 20 the very next day.

I think when you factor in the toll of an ongoing battle and using abilities like lightning palm and thunderbolt the actual practical usage time in a fight is much lower.

I'd guess about 5 minutes.

Don't forget the restriction that Killua needs to have a store of Electricity. Unless he straps a car battery to his back he's gonna be limited on the DC for using Godspeed.

Although he'll probably reach a point in mastery with his Hatsu eventually where he'll be able to Transmute enough electricity on his own for Godspeed.

「 Over HEAVEN 」;202845885 said:
I feel like that's just for running though. Otherwise he went from only being able to do it for a minute to 20 the very next day.

I think when you factor in the toll of an ongoing battle and using abilities like lightning palm and thunderbolt the actual practical usage time in a fight is much lower.

I'd guess about 5 minutes.

Well, the first time we saw Godspeed in its full was the first time he actually used it in its full. Killua is a genius, perhaps one time was enough for him to be able to optimize it and make it last longer. For example, the second time he used Godspeed [against Pouf] he said he lets play a game of tag and that he could keep going all night.

smurfx

get some go again
i definitely think hisoka isn't showing all of his abilities. he's a magician so he likely has other abilities to help him deceive his opponents. i think he at some point will fake his death and then come back and defeat chrollo.

Also, its worth noting that Killua can use Godspeed for longer now. At least for 20 mins.

Although he'll probably reach a point in mastery with his Hatsu eventually where he'll be able to Transmute enough electricity on his own for Godspeed.

Well, the first time we saw Godspeed in its full was the first time he actually used it in its full. Killua is a genius, perhaps one time was enough for him to be able to optimize it and make it last longer. For example, the second time he used Godspeed [against Pouf] he said he lets play a game of tag and that he could keep going all night.

Yea but that just comes back down to running away.

From the evidence we see it's reasonable to conclude that if he's fully charged he definately can run for all night but if he and pouf were to square off and fight it'd be the same as what happened against youpi.

Which kinda strengthens my earlier point about it mainly being an evasive ability primarily rather than a "rush you down and finish you quick" type thing. So basically

Godspeed+running= 20 minutes
Godspeed+fighting bare handed+abilities =about 5 minutes

Daingurse

I really need to see Killua fight some Hunters with his God Speed abilities. It was really hard to measure how strong he was in the Chimera Ant Arc, because the Royal Guard were ridiculous. Youpi was incredibly durable, probably far tougher physically than any human character we've seen. I think Killua is a pretty big threat with his skill-set now. His reaction times are just insane, Youpi couldn't even comprehend what the fuck was happening to him. I can't see most characters being able to deal with a God Speed Killua.

smurfx

get some go again
I really need to see Killua fight some Hunters with his God Speed abilities. It was really hard to measure how strong he was in the Chimera Ant Arc, because the Royal Guard were ridiculous. Youpi was incredibly durable, probably far tougher physically than any human character we've seen. I think Killua is a pretty big threat with his skill-set now. His reaction times are just insane, Youpi couldn't even comprehend what the fuck was happening to him. I can't see most characters being able to deal with a God Speed Killua.
imagine killua has that one poison knife chrollo had when he fought against silva. dude would easily kill a ton of people. killua needs some kind of knife or other weapon to make god speed complete.

「 Over HEAVEN 」;202847121 said:
Yea but that just comes back down to running away.

From the evidence we see it's reasonable to conclude that if he's fully charged he definately can run for all night but if he and pouf were to square off and fight it'd be the same as what happened against youpi.

Which kinda strengthens my earlier point about it mainly being an evasive ability primarily rather than a "rush you down and finish you quick" type thing. So basically

Godspeed+running= 20 minutes
Godspeed+fighting bare handed+abilities =about 5 minutes

He wasn't just running away against Pouf though.

f6e77288be3d2fff74c379daa08e983c.jpg

Komougi was unconscious so she wouldn't start fidgeting like she did before. Killua would of been fine carrying her and running away all night like he said he could. However, instead of the safe option he decides to confront Pouf and use some his lightning attacks, it looked like Whirlwind in combination with Lightning Palm/shock.

My point is if he's doing this instead of running away for a significant amount of time [Pouf even admitted that even at full power it'd be extremely hard to catch him] then logically he should have optimized the ability to where he can use it aggressively for more than 5 mins.

He wasn't just running away against Pouf though.

f6e77288be3d2fff74c379daa08e983c.jpg

Komougi was unconscious so she wouldn't start fidgeting like she did before. Killua would of been fine carrying her and running away all night like he said he could. However, instead of the safe option he decides to confront Pouf and use some his lightning attacks, it looked like Whirlwind in combination with Lightning Palm/shock.

My point is if he's doing this instead of running away for a significant amount of time [Pouf even admitted that even at full power it'd be extremely hard to catch him] then logically he should have optimized the ability to where he can use it aggressively for more than 5 mins.

oh shit that's right I forgot about the ring thing he did against pouf. That's a really good point.

However I had a slightly different interpretation of their exchange, First off Killua was aware that he was fighting a clone(assuming he was told by knuckle)

Second; I'm gonna infer that he also knew that the clone pouf was weaker than the main from what he says here "You may be a clone, but you were formed from the originals cells, if i burn those cells they die"

Third I found the way he choose to engage pouf actually helps my argument. He stood still, kept unnecessary movement(and aura) to a minimum, waited for pouf to come his way, then used lightning palm(probably his least intensive ability) to burn him.

I don't think Killua has ever used that tactic of standing perfectly still while waiting for the enemy to come to him in a fight prior to this moment. "Come on, I'll whittle you down" to me that implies that in order to make the fight and Godspeed last that long the whole ring scenario was more of a necessity.

Earlier when he used Godspeed against youpi he went all out and basically did every ability he had and understandably he burned out super quick but here he does the exact opposite.

Now the question is, how viable is standing still and using lightning palm in a typical battle? I don't know we haven't seen enough godspeed to get a conclusion on that

If anything this is more of Killua experimenting with his ability which is something he's been shown to do(yo-yo's) I think the idea that he optimized Godspeed literally the second time he did it be kind of a stretch, tbh.

「 Over HEAVEN 」;202852953 said:
However I had a slightly different interpretation of their exchange, First off Killua was aware that he was fighting a clone(assuming he was told by knuckle)

Fair enough. I interpreted it as Killua being the prodigy genius that he is was able to tell that it was a clone when Killua took out Pouf's arm and eye.

Second; I'm gonna infer that he also knew that the clone pouf was weaker than the main from what he says here "You may be a clone, but you were formed from the originals cells, if i burn those cells they die"

Even still, this is Killua we're talking about. He's cautious on top of cautious. He wouldn't risk using up his Godspeed juice unless he actually has a lot more juice than initially thought. Against Youpi it was different since it was his first time, was learning the ins and outs of the power.

Third I found the way he choose to engage pouf actually helps my argument. He stood still, kept unnecessary movement(and aura) to a minimum, waited for pouf to come his way, then used lightning palm(probably his least intensive ability) to burn him.

I don't think Killua has ever used that tactic of standing perfectly still while waiting for the enemy to come to him in a fight prior to this moment. "Come on, I'll whittle you down" to me that implies that in order to make the fight and Godspeed last that long the whole ring scenario was more of a necessity.

I thought the reason Killua was relatively mobile/still is obvious: he was protecting Komougi. It'd be hard to fight aggressively like he did against Youpi while protecting her. Not to mention that being cautious is in Killua's blood, even after removing the needle.

If anything this is more of Killua experimenting with his ability which is something he's been shown to do(yo-yo's) I think the idea that he optimized Godspeed literally the second time he did it be kind of a stretch, tbh.

Killua has shown a level of Nen mastery/control that even Bisky said she didn't reach until her mid twenties. While Gon was impressing Razor and Bisky with his raw-power/aura, Killua was leaving them speechless with his amazing prestigious talent and control. He's always been about the finesse and finer details, he knows how to get the most out of something. I don't think its too big of a stretch, its Killua. Furthermore, surely its possible that he just charged himself up for longer?

I think what it ultimately comes down to is that Killua was clearly confident fighting while using Godspeed against Pouf when he had a much safer alternative. This tells me that he can use the mode for fighting much longer than 5-10 minutes, if not he'd just take that safer alternative and run away all night. He did it for a reason, he's not an idiot. Even against a clone. The technique he used looked like Whirlwind to me, one of his most intensive techniques. To instantly react to anyone that steps in his aura or in this case, the ring. Combine that with the actual attack and it doesn't look like he's worried about running out of juice any time soon.

He was also using Godspeed for attacks sparingly such as this. Even against a little imp-Pouf, why bother wasting juice unless it wasn't as much of a problem as it was for his first time against Youpi?

tumblr_n6943qy8UU1t5muapo3_500.gif

Kieli

I think, at this point, God-speed Killua is faster than Feitan. I mean, Feitan was duking with a mid-tier Queen. Surely the Royal Guards are much, much faster than a Queen?

Jigolo

I think, at this point, God-speed Killua is faster than Feitan. I mean, Feitan was duking with a mid-tier Queen. Surely the Royal Guards are much, much faster than a Queen?

Well, that't not exactly known for sure. Just because Zaran is mid-tier doesn't mean she's slower than the higher ups. Cheetu is a good example who is probably the fastest ant besides Meruem even though he's pretty much bottom of the barrel. I personally wouldn't know where to put Killua in the speed tier. To me he was facing two of the slower ants in Youpi and Pouf (not to mention Pouf was weakened when he faced Killua)

ampere

I've been thinking about rereading the series to refresh myself, but maybe I'll watch the anime instead. I tend to prefer comics because I set the pace, but it does look like a pretty well done show.

I've been thinking about rereading the series to refresh myself, but maybe I'll watch the anime instead. I tend to prefer comics because I set the pace, but it does look like a pretty well done show.

Since I have both series I watch the first anime up until York is over then I switch and switch and watch the new greed island on.

I'd go with the anime personally, it has some pacing issues but overall its an amazing experience - especially if its your first time watching it.

Daingurse

If you've never watched it before then definitely check it out. I think it's a fantastic adaptation. And hell, reread the manga anyway lol. I've been collecting and rereading the series over past several months, and It has just been a joy I tell you. Really reinforced my opinion that this is the best shonen battle manga series ever.

Fair enough. I interpreted it as Killua being the prodigy genius that he is was able to tell that it was a clone when Killua took out Pouf's arm and eye.

Even still, this is Killua we're talking about. He's cautious on top of cautious. He wouldn't risk using up his Godspeed juice unless he actually has a lot more juice than initially thought. Against Youpi it was different since it was his first time, was learning the ins and outs of the power.

I thought the reason Killua was relatively mobile/still is obvious: he was protecting Komougi. It'd be hard to fight aggressively like he did against Youpi while protecting her. Not to mention that being cautious is in Killua's blood, even after removing the needle.

Killua has shown a level of Nen mastery/control that even Bisky said she didn't reach until her mid twenties. While Gon was impressing Razor and Bisky with his raw-power/aura, Killua was leaving them speechless with his amazing prestigious talent and control. He's always been about the finesse and finer details, he knows how to get the most out of something. I don't think its too big of a stretch, its Killua. Furthermore, surely its possible that he just charged himself up for longer?

I think what it ultimately comes down to is that Killua was clearly confident fighting while using Godspeed against Pouf when he had a much safer alternative. This tells me that he can use the mode for fighting much longer than 5-10 minutes, if not he'd just take that safer alternative and run away all night. He did it for a reason, he's not an idiot. Even against a clone. The technique he used looked like Whirlwind to me, one of his most intensive techniques. To instantly react to anyone that steps in his aura or in this case, the ring. Combine that with the actual attack and it doesn't look like he's worried about running out of juice any time soon.

He was also using Godspeed for attacks sparingly such as this. Even against a little imp-Pouf, why bother wasting juice unless it wasn't as much of a problem as it was for his first time against Youpi?

tumblr_n6943qy8UU1t5muapo3_500.gif

Although I did overlook the fact that Killua would need to be in one spot to defend Komugi, I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree as far as Killua's growth rate goes

I think at the end of the day we just need to see more of Godspeed in action to get a definitive answer on how good it is in a traditional fight.
If you had to put a number on it, how long do you think he can fight at full force in Godspeed?

daveo42

Banned
Based on that ending, it's becoming clearer who will come out on top in all of this.

Speaking of, I look forward to seeing this fight animated in like 10 years.

ampere

Keeping things interesting. I really hope Hisoka doesn't get killed off because that's a very... weird and unique character.

vypek

Regarding the new chapter:

I thought for sure that when Chrollo was coming from above that Hisoka was using a deceitful texture on the person who he was shoving into the ground at the moment. Thought we would see him using deceitful texture to blend in and make others look like him instead.

How long do we wait before posting about the current chapter without spoilers?

ryan13ts

It's so awesome to see Hisoka completely on the defensive. No one in the series has made him work like this before, even though he looks like he's about to bust a nut from pure enjoyment.

As much as I love Chrollo, I'm postive he's going to be the one to die, since he series wouldn't be the same without Hisoka creeping it up every once in awhile and Chrollo's storyline has seemed to come as far as it can. It doesn't help that the fight is from Hisoka's perspective, which is telling. I wish there was some way that both of them could survive, but it looks like only one of them will be walking away from this.

I thought for sure that when Chrollo was coming from above that Hisoka was using a deceitful texture on the person who he was shoving into the ground at the moment. Thought we would see him using deceitful texture to blend in and make others look like him instead.

deceitful texture only works on 2d surfaces. He could use it on a person, but it'd be obvious that it's not him since it can't replicate his shape

I expect deceitful texture to be used, chrollo to reveal he figured out that ability after the events in York shin, and then Hisoka to bust out a third ability

smurfx

get some go again
i think hisoka is going to live because chrollo isn't the match that should end his life. he needs to fight somebody so overwhelming hisoka won't even have time to orgasm from excitement. maybe hisoka goes to the dark continent and fights one of the calamity's and gets wrecked. that or he fights either don freecs or ging.

Kyuur

I personally don't think Hisoka will ever be defeated (killed) during the span of HxH. I'm prepared to eat my words though.

The standard in the general manga thread is that as soon as the chapter is translated, there is no need for spoilers. Etiquette applies with super big spoilers like
OMG! Netero returned from the heavens and killed Hisoka/Chrollo in 1-shot!!!11!!

vypek

deceitful texture only works on 2d surfaces. He could use it on a person, but it'd be obvious that it's not him since it can't replicate his shape

I expect deceitful texture to be used, chrollo to reveal he figured out that ability after the events in York shin, and then Hisoka to bust out a third ability

Ah, I see. Thanks. I wasn't sure if it worked on anything besides 2D. I do expect he has another ability but I guess 3D deceitful texture is too tame for it to be a specially revealed ability.

I personally don't think Hisoka will ever be defeated (killed) during the span of HxH. I'm prepared to eat my words though.

The standard in the general manga thread is that as soon as the chapter is translated, there is no need for spoilers. Etiquette applies with super big spoilers like
OMG! Netero returned from the heavens and killed Hisoka/Chrollo in 1-shot!!!11!!

Ah, gotcha. Cool. I'll keep that in mind

It's not very clear with what he hit Chrollo finally, maybe it was a second head he hided with the help of deceitful texture.

It's not very clear with what he hit Chrollo finally, maybe it was a second head he hided with the help of deceitful texture.
Hisoka doesn't need to hide bungee gum beyond using In. Chrollo would have to use Gyo to see Gum stands which would make him vulnerable. I think Hisoka just used a good ole fashioned double-bluff.

Malo

Banned
Got damn Hisoka is getting worked, I've never seen him on the defensive like this. I think he'll win out in the end, but it's nice to see hisoka get his ass handed to him for a bit.

I suppose it shows how capable hisoka is physically...Chrollo has far more interesting and developed powers than he has. I don't really think Hisoka should win this, even though he is a very interesting character. This fight is very well choreographed, but I am a little disappointed in the scale of the powers they have shown so far...I mean this is way below the power shown by say the Royal Gaurds, especially the King. If Hisoka had gone to NCL he could have got wrecked the way he always wanted to. The King would probably even have blown his socks off.

Top Bottom