• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Fandangox

I wonder on the likely possibility that Hisoka survives is he gonna be missing fingers and a leg from now on? Last time he was able to re-attach his arm because they were pretty much intact, but they got blown the fuck out now.

I wonder on the likely possibility that Hisoka survives is he gonna be missing fingers and a leg from now on? Last time he was able to re-attach his arm because they were pretty much intact, but they got blown the fuck out now.
I think so. I remember thinking at the end of the last chapter that it wasn't a big deal that Hisoka lost his hand as it wasn't like this had never happened to him before, but then I remembered he has no hand to reattach back!

But geez, Hisoka got his ass kicked this chapter. It looks like he has one last trick up his sleeve but I don't know what he could do to make a difference. He seems resigned to the fact that he's dying so he's probably going to make one last try to take Chrollo with him.

smurfx

get some go again
nanika is the cure to any missing limbs though. that's how gon got his arm back. which is maybe how killua will end up tied up to the dark continent arc.

Radec

nanika is the cure to any missing limbs though. that's how gon got his arm back. which is maybe how killua will end up tied up to the dark continent arc.

Hisoka miraculously kills Chrollo or cowardly escaped the arena. Goes to Illumi for a favor (Alluka).

Alluka wished for the next King's head.

Illumi and Hisoka joins the dark continent.

Fandangox

Man that's what I don't like about Nanika :/ its really very close to a "Get out of jail free" card. Didn't have much trouble with it until Killua revealed "healing" wishes had no drawback.

ZPs

I think it's going to come out that Hisoka has been pulling deception on everyone since the very beginning of the manga. What we've believed to be Hisoka's main body is probably just a surrogate body that Hisoka controls from a distance. In a sense, he's probably the HxH equivalent of Nagato (Pain) from Naruto.

I could see this ending with Chrollo getting backstabbed from Hisoka's real body.

Anteater

A3vmPoS.jpg

bLDuRK4.gif

obviously this is what happened

ElFly

I think it's going to come out that Hisoka has been pulling deception on everyone since the very beginning of the manga. What we've believed to be Hisoka's main body is probably just a surrogate body that Hisoka controls from a distance. In a sense, he's probably the HxH equivalent of Nagato (Pain) from Naruto.

I could see this ending with Chrollo getting backstabbed from Hisoka's real body.

Would have been difficult to pull off in Greed Island

smurfx

get some go again
if hisoka changed his appearance would the puppets know to go after him? what if he somehow changed a dead body's appearance to match his? would they flock to it?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man that's what I don't like about Nanika :/ its really very close to a "Get out of jail free" card. Didn't have much trouble with it until Killua revealed "healing" wishes had no drawback.

This is Togashi though, he's not the kind of author that would rely on that without putting quite the price tag on it.

ampere

Biscuit's the same class he is, right? He's probably about to alter his body.

Both of these seem plausible. I think Hisoka has some plot armor here, he's a much more interesting character than Chrollo. Unless Chrollo living means the spiders come back in full force I suppose

Actually going through with Hisoka's death would be the classy way to handle this.

Having Hisoka come back over all the odds is so Shounen-trope'y that it hurts... and that's why I like Hunter x Hunter. You have shit like Kurapika vs Uvogin and now this... completely one sided fights with the right preparation and no amount of power-up/bullshit will stop it.

The only way this could be better is if Hisoka does have some final trump card and Chrollo still wins.

Random ass back story chapter...
His birthday is next week...
What's next? We're going to find out Hisoka retired off the force to spend more time with his pregnant wife?

Chrollo needs to win. The guy has thoroughly planned for this fight and I'd be upset if he lost because Hisoka was holding back on some had to make the fight "more interesting" for himself. Typical response from op characters.

Lulubop

This is dumb. Hisoka turning this around and winning would be really bad writing.

if hisoka dies then i want him to take down chrollo with him.

why?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is there a translation of that Hisoka backstory? I had never actually heard of that till now. Is it cannon?

vypek

Because I feel like its written that Hisoka will die even while pulling out a trump card, it seems more likely that he will somehow survive. And even more so, he might win this fight. If he does, I feel like Togashi will be able to handle it properly. The thought he put into just Chrollo's powers for this fight makes me think he has the ability to write a comeback very well.

smurfx

get some go again
because op characters like chrollo make stories boring. if he comes after kurapika again expect a whole new set of powers and who knows what other ass pull abilities the spiders can come up with. mostly it's just me being salty about my fav character dying and not being involved in the story any longer. i'll be so pissed if togashi goes on another multi year hiatus at the conclusion of the fight. like he only came back to kill off hisoka and then went away.

because op characters like chrollo make stories boring. if he comes after kurapika again expect a whole new set of powers and who knows what other ass pull abilities the spiders can come up with. mostly it's just me being salty about my fav character dying and not being involved in the story any longer.
Nah Chrollo is getting boring. Dude seemingly has no weaknesses, and unless I'm missing something, but doesn't he have like 50+ more abilities in his book? He can basically have a plan for anyone he faces? That's kinda weak. Would have been much more interesting if he just had a total number of 5-10 abilities or something and he just replaces things with stronger ones when he beats elite hunters.

He was cool when I watched the anime and especially when he fought the assassins. This explanation though I felt was kinda corny and "hack" like. He is a scary dude tho and great villain.

Lulubop

because op characters like chrollo make stories boring. if he comes after kurapika again expect a whole new set of powers and who knows what other ass pull abilities the spiders can come up with. mostly it's just me being salty about my fav character dying and not being involved in the story any longer. i'll be so pissed if togashi goes on another multi year hiatus at the conclusion of the fight. like he only came back to kill off hisoka and then went away.

How is Chrollo OP? He planned this whole scenario out specifically because Hisoka was the one pursuing him. He said it himself he wanted to ensuring 100 percent victory and he knew Hisoka would follow him where ever, so he set the situation up perfectly. Hisoka was the one who wanted this fight.

kirblar

People just mad because Chrollo playing lame like Morridoom- chucking projectiles, spamming the arena, and running away.

Nah Chrollo is getting boring. Dude seemingly has no weaknesses, and unless I'm missing something, but doesn't he have like 50+ more abilities in his book? He can basically have a plan for anyone he faces? That's kinda weak. Would have been much more interesting if he just had a total number of 5-10 abilities or something and he just replaces things with stronger ones when he beats elite hunters.

He was cool when I watched the anime and especially when he fought the assassins. This explanation though I felt was kinda corny and "hack" like. He is a scary dude tho and great villain.
I feel like you haven't fully explain why Chrollo is op. He has stated that he fought Hisoka because he has prepared himself for it. He has tatics in mind and he is sticking to it. Since he collects abilities he is op?

smurfx

get some go again
I feel like you haven't fully explain why Chrollo is op. He has stated that he fought Hisoka because he has prepared himself for it. He has tatics in mind and he is sticking to it. Since he collects abilities he is op?
yes? dude is basically yami from yu gi oh. no matter what you do expect him to pull something out that will neutralize your advantage or beat it. at least blackbeard from one piece seems limited to only a few abilities and he is likely to keep them.

Lulubop

yes? dude is basically yami from yu gi oh. no matter what you do expect him to pull something out that will neutralize your advantage or beat it. at least blackbeard from one piece seems limited to only a few abilities and he is likely to keep them.

When did that happen? Hisoka was on the ropes from the get go. Using the power set he already detailed to Hisoka. The salt

yes? dude is basically yami from yu gi oh. no matter what you do expect him to pull something out that will neutralize your advantage or beat it.

Chrollo's had tough battles before despite his ability. For this battle he's had since probably even pre Yorknew to plan out how to trump Hisoka. If it was a spontaneous battle like with the Zoldyks he might have had some trouble since his ability is not completely hands free yet but he's had months upon months to plan against Hisoka. It was always gonna turn out like this.

Lulubop

Yea, he would have lost to the Zoldycks had the fight progressed any further. Though to be fair, his ability has been upgraded since.

Some comments

Woah this is bad for Hisoka. He keeps losing more and more, and it isn't like he is doing mindgames, the chapter is from his perspective and we don't have evidence he is secretly planning a hidden strategy. He wanted to retreat using the ceiling and he couldn't.

Hell, the only part where I still see a sliver for hope for him is the fact that the fight was so one-sided in favor of Chrollo. If they had been more in equal, and then finally Chrollo got the best of him, then ok, Hisoka dies. But it is so suspicious when it has been done like this. Hell my prediction of Hisoka using texture surprise in a important way still hasn't been successful, which similarly, it's suspicious.

About the nen remover, I also thought at first the nen beast would have to be with the 'victim' of the removed Nen, Chrollo in this case, but I suppose it stayed with the Nen remover. I don't think the nen beast has be neutered with a Chrollo's ability, the beast is supposed to be more like a nen condition: to disappear only when the nen is nullified.

I also misunderstood how Sun & Moon worked. So the signs aren't the ones that explore, the entire body marked by the sign blows up, even separate parts. That's so OP.

You know, I'm starting to appreciate how smart has been Chrollo explaining his abilities at the start of the fight. At first it seemed so dumb we believed maybe it was a nen condition, but the fact he told what he told made him have control of how the fight occurred. First, there were some half-truths and some "omissions" so he truly didn't gave all the information, but in between truth and truth the missing parts were harder to see, and second feeding that information to Hisoka made him predictable. Chrollo predicted Hisoka's tactics because he know what he would do knowing A, B and C powers. For example, it was normal for Hisoka to remove heads from the puppets because it's the only way to stop them, and once they are removed, and because he has to be careful with nearby puppets that can explode, it also could be predicted for the heads to be used as projectile. So it seems Hisoka's played in Chrollo's hand.

In summary, this fight gives me the feeling of what happened was Hisoka went to a duel, and Chrollo doesn't, Chrollo went to kill Hisoka with whatever method is best as otherwise he won't stop trying kill him. And that includes planting a pair of hundreds puppets with charged up sun and moon symbols in the audience and even nearby areas.

This fight doesn't make him op...I just think collecting abilities is kinda op in itself yeah. The weakness was he needs to be holding the book so maybe hand to hand combat he's not that amazing but now even that handicap is gone.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Hisoka totally didn't plan either. He's just strong.

Maybe him being a giant perv is like a condition to keep his nen under control.

I'm just going to quote what Turambar has said since he basically nailed it.
You know, I'm starting to appreciate how smart has been Chrollo explaining his abilities at the start of the fight. At first it seemed so dumb we believed maybe it was a nen condition, but the fact he told what he told made him have control of how the fight occurred. First, there were some half-truths and some "omissions" so he truly didn't gave all the information, but in between truth and truth the missing parts were harder to see, and second feeding that information to Hisoka made him predictable. Chrollo predicted Hisoka's tactics because he know what he would do knowing A, B and C powers. For example, it was normal for Hisoka to remove heads from the puppets because it's the only way to stop them, and once they are removed, and because he has to be careful with nearby puppets that can explode, it also could be predicted for the heads to be used as projectile. So it seems Hisoka's played in Chrollo's hand.

In summary, this fight gives me the feeling of what happened was Hisoka went to a duel, and Chrollo doesn't, Chrollo went to kill Hisoka with whatever method is best as otherwise he won't stop trying kill him. And that includes planting a pair of hundreds puppets with charged up sun and moon symbols in the audience and even nearby areas.
Chrollo's planning has been phenomenal up to this point. Giving Hisoka information about his men ability is making Hisoka make mistakes because he does not know the entirety of his abilities. So he is making moves that Chrollo can predict. I don't understand why people are getting upset over the use of tactics. Besides, I expect Hisoka to reveal his plans as well.
With enough prep time, Chrollo can beat anyone
The Batman of HunterxHunter.

With enough prep time, Chrollo can beat anyone

Yep, with his damn book, he is Batman (edit: damnit WhiskerFrisker!!). Don't give himprep time, don't give him the choice of time and place for the fight.
Speaking of the book, we still don't know what's the drawback of the boomark ability.

Slaythe

1) EVERYONE has told Hisoka not to fight Chrollo

2) The spiders said they'd track him down and kill him if he hurts Chrollo, he has incredible intellect, talent, abilities... He prepared exclusively for that fight, even borrowed abilities from his fellow spiders

3) Hisoka has been acting like a cocky asshole forever

4) Hisoka's arc has been revealed to be entirely focused on Chrollo for the past 10 years, so for it to conclude his story is not that bad

5) I believe the conditions for Chrollo's bookmark limit him to the 3 abilities he explains. Which makes him a bit weaker and less able to adapt to unexpected situations. ( otherwise the teleport ability alone makes him virtually unbeatable )

6) Hisoka can't die during that explosion, because he is using a desperation move. He wants to suicide and take Chrollo down with him.

7) I believe the only way Chrollo can lose, is if he gets greedy. If he decides to either steal Hisoka's power, OR humiliate Hisoka by stabbing him with an antenna, Chrollo is dead. If he sticks to the plan, I don't think there is anything Hisoka can do that would one shot Chrollo, that has taken no damage so far.

8) Deus ex machigum, Chrollo is done no matter what. Which is awful. Chrollo has been so smart, for him to get taken by surprise by what is gonna be a new completely arbitrary ass pull new use of that shitty bungee gum, is gonna be painful.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
On a random note, and its probably already been discussed in this thread, I wonder if Chrollo took his nen abilities by force when it comes to the Spiders. They all seem to revere him and are in awe of him, even scared so I could see Shalnark just giving it to him but I wonder if the Spiders was almost a ruse to gather powerful Nen users together to take their abilities.

Top Bottom