• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Burbeting

Banned
I wonder when we'll see Gon again.

I won't be surprised if he is completely absent from the Dark Continent arc altogether. He and Killua have had plenty of focus, while Kurapika and Leorio were shown the door more or less after Yorknew until now. I wouldn't be surprised if Gon and Killua get that treatment for this arc.

I won't be surprised if he is completely absent from the Dark Continent arc altogether. He and Killua have had plenty of focus, while Kurapika and Leorio were shown the door more or less after Yorknew until now. I wouldn't be surprised if Gon and Killua get that treatment for this arc.

I think this is going to be the longest arc so far. In fact, this arc feels much closer to end game than anything they have done. At the very least, they will establish new goals for Gon in this Arc. I don't think there is any way Killua is totally left out given the suspected origins of his Alluka/Nanaki (name?)

I agree with Killua, I think he has been legitimately "Kurapika/Leorio'd" and we won't see him for multiple arcs,, just like with the other two.

Gon is the main character though. Although its hxh and it does reverse some tropes... I'm not sure if Gon isn't going to get in on what's looking to be by far the biggest arc in the series. At the absolute least I think we'll get occasional updates on his status.

Slaythe

The DC arc is pretty much gonna end the manga.

Togashi has concluded almost all of the other story arcs for that reason.

Chrollo vs Hisoka was probably one of the biggest remaining one if not the biggest. The result of that fight can also lead to the conclusion of a few other stories.

Gon is absolutely gonna be a part of the DC arc, IMO. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

The DC arc is pretty much gonna end the manga.

Togashi has concluded almost all of the other story arcs for that reason.

Chrollo vs Hisoka was probably one of the biggest remaining one if not the biggest. The result of that fight can also lead to the conclusion of a few other stories.

Gon is absolutely gonna be a part of the DC arc, IMO. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

I guess it depends on what we say the "DC Arc" is... anything and everything that has relation to DC?

Here's how I see it going down

This Dark Continent story/saga will be explored over multiple arcs, just like Greed Island was. Although the main meat of the Greed Island story was during the Greed Island arc, it did have some exploration during Yorknew,

I can see something similar here

Arc 1: Issue 341 - up until they reach Dark Continent. This is basically all the prep and the journey itself. The whole Prince hunger games on the boat with all the body guards looking to be its own arc in itself. The Dark Continent is looming in the future during this period, much like Greed Island was during Yorknew.

Arc 2: Dark Continent itself. They arrive to this new "land" much like Gon and Killua arrived @ Greed Island. Definitely the meat of the story will be here

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I feel the DC arc is going to make the Chimera Ant Arc seem small. Its most likely going to be made up of several smaller arcs and we're only really seeing the first one and just getting to the DC is taking a while but actually getting there and dealing with all the crazy shit and learning about what the hell is going on. I could see Gon and Killua getting side lined for a while, I actually joked about it in another thread on HxH that I wouldn't mind seeing Togashi's take on a time skip. He's not let us down yet.

Kieli

Agreed, Dark Continent will be explored over several small arcs (the Prince ascension boat ride will be one of them).

I have a feeling Gon and/or Killua will be pulled in due to some calamity, possibly after a time-skip.

Still wonder how Togashi is going to resolve Gon being nenless. Though it seems the humans in DC are doing fine without nen, judging by how the Chimera ants are only B-rank.

HStallion

Agreed, Dark Continent will be explored over several small arcs (the Prince ascension boat ride will be one of them).

I have a feeling Gon and/or Killua will be pulled in due to some calamity, possibly after a time-skip.

Still wonder how Togashi is going to resolve Gon being nenless. Though it seems the humans in DC are doing fine without nen, judging by how the Chimera ants are only B-rank.

Obviously he discovers Super Nen while training in the wilds!

smurfx

get some go again
Obviously he discovers Super Nen while training in the wilds!
don't be surprised if he learns super nen or a higher version of it in the dark continent. the calamities are most likely getting their power from nen manipulation or a higher power not known to humans yet. nanika is using nen to grant wishes but it might also be using another part of nen nobody knows about yet. don freecs may have mastered this and might be the one to teach gon and ging everything he knows.

HStallion

don't be surprised if he learns super nen or a higher version of it in the dark continent. the calamities are most likely getting their power from nen manipulation or a higher power not known to humans yet. nanika is using nen to grant wishes but it might also be using another part of nen nobody knows about yet. don freecs may have mastered this and might be the one to teach gon and ging everything he knows.

After seeing Ging copy Leorio's abilities one of my hopes later on in the series in some dire moment Ging has to use JaJankan to win some decisive battle or defeat some great enemy.

Lulubop

If Gon is a nonfactor this arc than there's still the Gyro arc to look forward too.

I havent been this hyped for a chapter in a while.

remz

I seriously have no fucking idea what's going to happen next week. the last chapter blew my socks off. I'm sockless.

Fairly sure The King and Royal Guards would be ranked higher especially the King

smurfx

get some go again
Fairly sure The King and Royal Guards would be ranked higher especially the King
well the king was able to be killed by the bomb so that's why maybe he was b class. definitely a crazy danger to the world but he can be handled. what if the calamities wont be able to be killed by the miniature rose and they are just as deadly as the king?

remz

wasn't the B ranking for ants in general rather than the king specifically?

I think the whole thing with the king that the ant population got waaaaaaaaaaaay out of control because the Queen started eating aggressive humans, in isolation on NGL, some of which could use nen, which allowed the problem to get much more out of hand than it would be normally. so although ants are normally around B rank, the ones that were in NGL/east gortau were probably above that

Daingurse

I've heard a theory that I like, where the Chimera Ant Queen is herself a Calamity. A Calamity caused by Ging secretly going to the Dark Continent. The Calamities were stated to be B rank and above, and the Chimera Ants definitely had the potential to wipe out mankind. Also, it just sounds like something Ging would do.

MCD

Speaking of the Chimera arc, my only disappointment in it is how Gon and the King never met. Same goes for that mysterious NGL leader.

smurfx

get some go again
wasn't the B ranking for ants in general rather than the king specifically?

I think the whole thing with the king that the ant population got waaaaaaaaaaaay out of control because the Queen started eating aggressive humans, in isolation on NGL, some of which could use nen, which allowed the problem to get much more out of hand than it would be normally. so although ants are normally around B rank, the ones that were in NGL/east gortau were probably above that
i think they took into account the possibility for ants to eat humans with nen and grow far more powerful. yes the ants are a threat to mankind but they are still biological creatures that can be killed by human weapons. if the calamities are basically nen creatures then how can you kill them with human weapons?

SoulUnison

Banned
Speaking of the Chimera arc, my only disappointment in it is how Gon and the King never met. Same goes for that mysterious NGL leader.

Gyro is fodder for the Dark Continent arc.

Or, I guess, I mean, maybe even further beyond, but I'm assuming DC will be really long and sort of an ending point.

I'm pretty sure the new volume has information on the whole "B" and other rankings.

I read something like how a B ranking is for threats that don't require world-wide cooperation and the solution is known. A ranking is for threats where world-wide cooperation is needed and the solution isn't known.

Lulubop

i think they took into account the possibility for ants to eat humans with nen and grow far more powerful. yes the ants are a threat to mankind but they are still biological creatures that can be killed by human weapons. if the calamities are basically nen creatures then how can you kill them with human weapons?

I'm pretty sure the new volume has information on the whole "B" and other rankings.

I read something like how a B ranking is for threats that don't require world-wide cooperation and the solution is known. A ranking is for threats where world-wide cooperation is needed and the solution isn't known.

Right. These make sense.

remz

ohhhhh yeah that totally makes sense. scary. Dark continent is definitely a horror arc

Apparently there's other "spoilers" floating about from 2ch for next chapter

Here it is with google translate lol

disaster ... the sky a large number of emergency services and the TV crew outside the arena are gathered , "right now I'm at a point away several hundred m from the sky arena a large-scale explosion happened !!" "numerous of fire truck and the surrounding ambulance fill the vicinity of the site is just like the battlefield of like !! " " explosion at the time had been performed only Ferris-viewable floor master warfare member !! " is" player in combat appeared to use the bomb! " " it is a design that has been carried out research in parallel with the current rescue !! " " it is like a number of the dead, including the secretly players are opponents in this game came out !! " " the detailed report is still likely to take a long time !! " somewhere in the hotel room? Machi-Sharunaku-Korutopi surrounding the corpse of secretly secretly own lying in a posture that hug the chest , "I'm not damaged than I thought," gore had received instructions to break before the Sharunaku "of blasting role doll approach 200 dolls is it looks like had to play the role of cushioning material flocking " " the cause of death seems suffocation become a wall and lack of oxygen in the explosion of the flesh " will to Sharunaku and Korutopi pull up Korutopi"? does not return Machi " Sharunaku" enough confirmed probably was, " I because had gotten got gore" ... upfront ...'ll go from sew little guy " (there not? not get the kind of gore to fight headed?) Korutopi Sharunaku (well I because gore is friendly to say Somehow ...) Sharunaku "then I have done earlier," Machi "..." gore (it is still severe pain around the neck) "I face and I'll leave it clean," "Thank you dividing sense of Grandmaster" the moment the town was the first to start a precaution yarn suture, the body of secretly is wrapped in aura gore (aura!? stupid ... !!) (secretly after the dead !! dead to ensure ...) (... posthumously just in case stronger ... !!?) go for some reason suddenly began heart massage in the body secretly. [Recalls] (or try if ... try anyway die ... &#9829;) Gul Innovation rounded to go secretly (just in case (rubber) good ... !!!) (resurrection after the death of me !!!) (heart and lung !! the !!!) (expansion and contraction (caress) case !!!) [recollection end] secretly "Goboa'" get up and Gabatsu secretly secretly "Hey gore ... &#9829;" "I ... was dead properly now?" Machi "ah ... surely died I was in " secretly" so ... &#9829; " " Kukuku " " Kukukuku Kuku Kuku Kukuku " " well ... I thought chloro-class (class) and the&#38360;Ru and partner do not is hard to win enough of the conditions ... &#9827; " " reality severe I "is gore" or partner and place to fight from now Once you learn by experience to this is that I I "choose properly " Tageru sewed by seating " secretly" No okay ... &#9830; " stop the blood ...! in the gum has been destroyed! ! !! part "flimsy lie (Shot in texture)" N reproduced in !!! left hand !!! Katadori rubber !! !!! in "flimsy lie (Shot in texture)" right foot also !!! appearance revival !!! secretly "&#9834;" Machi "enough to made" "Atashi I go home Well I'm no use is" secretly "...... &#9834; because gore reverse" "&#9827; decided to not choose the opponent and location when you fight," Machi "Aso I like to be such by " creeping secretly behind the gore secretly" Brigade (spider) is ... &#9834; I " to restrain the hands feet to use as it is gum hugged gore from behind me tell secretly" Brigade (spider) all ......... ? " "&#38360;Ru and I &#9829; "to kill anyone and was also in the place where from now butyrate expires gore gore" cursory ... Ken Ja Hey !!! now Atashi is'll kill! " I gonna be secretly" Jesus &#9834; " Tachisaro you to secretly Machi" wait !! return the hell !!! This solved kill'll Goraaa !! " secretly" graces are you doing that? I Do not try to stop solving on their own &#9829; " chloro has been talking to Sharunaku a mobile -chloro "Oh royal family's has recruited travelers now the general population of poultry," "the king and the prince I aim to the New World, but seems to bring on board was like considerable important treasure," "it if" it is killing two birds with one stone Sharunaku "to travel can also I " chloro" Yeah " " to do with mobile phones? I antenna no " to Sharunaku" do not plan to use all right in particular, " I pass chloro" so? 's ship " Sharunaku" OK you're all set in a long time " conversation finished Sharunaku public toilet before there of Sharunaku "Korutopi slow Do not shit either?" Sharunaku mobile phone to call the coming show up from almost at the same time the toilet secretly, have Namakubi of Korutopi Sharunaku toward the secretly threw a mobile situ Namakubi of Korutopi abscond by leaving a moment to secretly Sharunaku (Korutopi !!) from behind the Sharunaku secretly blow to lift the Namakubi of Korutopi crow to the bodies of constrained Sharunaku hands are sitting on top of the swing of the park in the swing of the chain They are flocking secretly (10 people after &#9834; ......) &#65517; magician, to the march of slaughter (parade). Sailing eve ... !! each of speculation cross each other ... !! loosen the diet add exercise. Brisk walking 50m also kept without shock. <Yoshihiro> Continued to Hunter Hunter 358 episodes spoilers !!

http://onepiece-naruto.com/blog-entry-1259.html

Hard to make out much but if accurate it looks like some Troupe members are dying and Hisoka trolled everyone

1) What is even happening in that text?
2)I feel like every shady spoiler has been about Hisoka's miracle victory
3)I don't even want to read the word 'gore' again

smurfx

get some go again
damn why didn't i realize that gallery fake was another spider ability chrollo borrowed. for some reason i thought chrollo had only borrowed shalnarks ability. well kortopi only showed gallery fake twice and he hasn't had much of the story focus on him. makes me wonder what other spider abilities he borrowed for this fight.

ryan13ts

Just read Hisoka's backstory chapter. It was really good and gives some insight into his character, while still keeping some mystery about him. It's pretty cool to see him learning nen and see how skilled he was even at a young age. Seeing the beginning of his psychopathy is pretty interesting too, although from what was shown, it looked like he had a pre-disposition for it already. It was also nice to see where he got the idea of Texture Surprise (Flimsy Lies) from

That said, getting a backstory that you've been lacking for nearly 15 years in the middle of a life or death battle is not a good sign at all for Hisoka. Hopefully we'll get a conclusion in the next chapter and see if it's going to be him or Chrollo who bites the dust (or both!)

Snakeyes

I don't really like the sound of these spoilers. Hisoka reviving himself with Bungee Gum is pretty far-fetched and targeting Troupe members to spite Chrollo after losing the fight seems very out of character. Having a Kakin family treasure on the boat is also too convenient of an excuse to get the Spiders involved.

HStallion

I don't really like the sound of these spoilers. Hisoka reviving himself with Bungee Gum is pretty far-fetched and targeting Troupe members to spite Chrollo after losing the fight seems very out of character. Having a Kakin family treasure on the boat is also too convenient of an excuse to get the Spiders involved.

I fell for fake spoilers last time, never again!

Yeah, these spoilers sound off to me. Hope they're fake.

Slaythe

So if people want to know the spoilers :

Chrollo kills Hisoka.

Hisoka uses bungee gum to keep his vitals going despite "dying".

Somehow they decide to bring him to some hotel room.

He wakes up.

He attacks Machi and escapes.

Shalnack has Chrollo on the phone, he learns about some treasure on board of the ships going to the DC. Chrollo intends to steal them all and demands that the troupe meets there.

Hisoka is mad and decides to fuck Chrollo, so he wants to kill every spider so that he doesn't have more abilities.

He proceeds to kill Kortopi and Shalnack.

Bleh.

Top Bottom