• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

yami4ct

How did people react to Adult Gon?

That was just as big if not bigger an asspull, but it worked because of context and repercussions. I don't have too many issues with the spoilers as is and most of the ones there could be fixed with context.

I also like the idea of Hisoka reviving himself with his Nen powers. His Bungee Gum is stupidly broken in theory, but he rarely shows just how broken it is. Using it to revive himself makes enough sense to me.

Snakeyes

That was just as big if not bigger an asspull, but it worked because of context and repercussions. I don't have too many issues with the spoilers as is and most of the ones there could be fixed with context.

I also like the idea of Hisoka reviving himself with his Nen powers. His Bungee Gum is stupidly broken in theory, but he rarely shows just how broken it is. Using it to revive himself makes enough sense to me.

I honestly don't mind Hisoka restarting his heart and lungs with Bungee Gum that much (even though it opens the door for several other characters getting cheap revivals like this later down the line), or even the Spiders bringing his body back to their hotel room because reasons. What doesn't sit well with me is his sudden decision to target the Troupe members. Hisoka may be an unstable, creepy psycho, but he was also consistently portrayed as a dude who just wants to get off on challenging fights. Killing the Troupe to get back at Chrollo for orchestrating a fight that's lopsided in his favor is not something I see Hisoka doing based on how his character was written so far, especially when he chose to continue fighting after Chrollo's explanations and seemed to be enjoying himself throughout the battle.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I honestly don't mind Hisoka restarting his heart and lungs with Bungee Gum that much (even though it opens the door for several other characters getting cheap revivals like this later down the line), or even the Spiders bringing his body back to their hotel room because reasons. What doesn't sit well with me is his sudden decision to target the Troupe members. Hisoka may be an unstable, creepy psycho, but he was also consistently portrayed as a dude who just wants to get off on challenging fights. Killing the Troupe to get back at Chrollo for orchestrating a fight that's lopsided in his favor is not something I see Hisoka doing based on how his character was written so far, especially when he chose to continue fighting after Chrollo's explanations and seemed to be enjoying himself throughout the battle.

Don't worry the Chimera Ant King will resurrect again after absorbing Komugi and becoming Perfect Meruem and take them both out!

Kyuur

My problem with these spoilers is that they don't mesh at all with the last line of the last chapter. 'If I'm going to die anyways... I might as well resurrect myself?' It just doesn't match at all.

Also I don't see how keeping his vitals going would even matter. He's had parts of his body blown off, with this blast he would definitely not even have vitals left to keep running.

yami4ct

This is the part where I need to see how it's presented. If it's done right, I will have no issue.

If this is Hisoka's way of trying to beat Chrollo by chipping away at his power set, that seems like a very Hisoka move. He cares about being the strongest fighter, yes, but taking out Chrollo's powers separately is still part of that fight.

My problem with these spoilers is that they don't mesh at all with the last line of the last chapter. 'If I'm going to die anyways... I might as well resurrect myself?' It just doesn't match at all.

Also I don't see how keeping his vitals going would even matter. He's had parts of his body blown off, with this blast he would definitely not even have vitals left to keep running.

We don't know how much of his body was blown up. Last we saw him, he had only lost a hand. Him crouching into the fetal position might've been a move to allow him to coat himself in Kyo to mitigate the damage.

smurfx

get some go again
i think it makes sense for hisoka to kill off troupe members because in a way it's not a 1vs1 fight as they will always back chrollo by letting him borrow their powers or interfering in any future rematch. hisoka might want a rematch but i don't think he will ever get one with the troupe being in the way and it will always be to chrollo's advantage if he does fight him at some point. anyway it's to early for spoilers so i don't think they are real. :(

Moaradin

We don't know how much of his body was blown up. Last we saw him, he had only lost a hand. Him crouching into the fetal position might've been a move to allow him to coat himself in Kyo to mitigate the damage.

He lost a leg in the last chapter lol

yami4ct

i think it makes sense for hisoka to kill off troupe members because in a way it's not a 1vs1 fight as they will always back chrollo by letting him borrow their powers or interfering in any future rematch. hisoka might want a rematch but i don't think he will ever get one with the troupe being in the way and it will always be to chrollo's advantage if he does fight him at some point. anyway it's to early for spoilers so i don't think they are real. :(

Hisoka's a guy who loves to fight the strongest, but that doesn't mean he has to fight them in a traditional fair 1v1 fight. In fact, with Chrollo, his power means you have to fight him with unconventional means.
Disassembling his Nen book is just part of the larger battle.

He lost a leg in the last chapter lol

Given time, I would not be shocked if he could bungee gum it back on, but I forgot about the leg.

None of the injuries he's gotten so far are life threatening in themselves is my point.

From the perspective of wanting to eliminate pages from the book, I could understand that but it sounds really bad. I don't think I've hated anything Togashi has done so far so I doubt I''ll hate the actual chapter.

Lulubop

Those spoilers don't even make sense. From the immediate possible outcomes of the end of the last chapter, Hisoka is either vaporized to the point where he's obviously dead or he's doing some big elaborate Gum shield thing that makes it obviously he's alive. He's not coming out of that explosion intact and going lol jk. Man fuck this.

I would love to see Feitan bodybag this clown tho.

yami4ct

Those spoilers don't even make sense. From the immediate possible outcomes of the end of the last chapter, Hisoka is either vaporized to the point where he's obviously dead or he's doing some big elaborate Gum shield thing that makes it obviously he's alive. He's not coming out of that explosion intact and going lol jk. Man fuck this.

He has texture surprise for one.
If he had a gum shield, it's pretty easy to fake his injuries.

There's also the possibility that his gum shield didn't perfectly defend the attack. He could mitigate the damage to the point he could revive himself, but couldn't fully prevent it.
We know practically nothing of what went down from the vague spoilers.

yami4ct

That doesn't make sense. From his internally dialogue we know those are real injuries, we know he fears death.

The hand and leg are, but we don't know what injuries he gets from the last explosion. He could very easily fake people into thinking he took more damage from that than he did.

There's also the fact he might have a good enough defense to not get vaporized, but not a perfect defense. That's really not that big a stretch. Nen is variable. It's not all or nothing.

Hisoka is mad and decides to fuck Chrollo, so he wants to kill every spider so that he doesn't have more abilities.

Why would Hisoka be mad though? Quwrof only has one ability and that's to steal other people's abilities. Hisoka knew this and let Wrlccywrlir globetrot for new hatsu to steal. Were PT abilities supposed to be offlimits?

Kyuur

Did you guys see the spoiler image of
Gon watching the match on TV? If not fake he's relearned Nen already.
Not sure if that matches up with the text spoilers we have and it looks sort of off too.

Snakeyes

But this is the same guy who said Chrollo got him "sooo excited" after he used Shalnark's Black Voice and said "whatever it takes for you to fight well" after he revealed his new bookmark ability. He was also popping a boner while getting swarmed by Chrollo and his Gallery Fake puppets.

Why is using other Troupe members' abilities suddenly not okay?

Lulubop

But this is the same guy who said Chrollo got him "sooo excited" after he used Shalnark's Black Voice and said "whatever it takes for you to fight well" after he revealed his new bookmark ability. He was also popping a boner while getting swarmed by Chrollo and his Gallery Fake puppets.

Why is using other Troupe members suddenly not okay?

Word. The bones don't lie

Snakeyes

Hisoka's a guy who loves to fight the strongest, but that doesn't mean he has to fight them in a traditional fair 1v1 fight. In fact, with Chrollo, his power means you have to fight him with unconventional means.
Disassembling his Nen book is just part of the larger battle.
There's no guarantee that the abilities won't remain in Chrollo's book and possibly get stronger though, especially when Shalnark and Kortopi let him borrow theirs willingly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon was also loaned to Chrollo, as the Troupe is held in high regard in Meteor City, and I don't see him stealing from the elder.

yami4ct

There's no guarantee that the abilities won't remain in Chrollo's book and possibly get stronger though, especially when Shalnark and Kortopi let him borrow theirs willingly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon was also loaned to Chrollo, as the Troupe is held in high regard in Meteor City, and I don't see him stealing from the elder.

I thought the abilities leaving Chrollo's book after death was 100% confirmed. That's a big part of the condition of that ability. Unless he comes up with a new cheat ability like the bookmark, that's the way it works.

Snakeyes

I thought the abilities leaving Chrollo's book after death was 100% confirmed. That's a big part of the condition of that ability. Unless he comes up with a new cheat ability like the bookmark, that's the way it works.

Yeah, but the Sun and Moon's owner died and the ability remained in the book. It was mentioned before how someone holding a grudge would make their Nen persist after their death, so strong emotions are seemingly one of the factors that can make this happen. Given how loyal some of the Spiders are to Chrollo, it wouldn't surprise me if their abilities stayed in his book even after they died.

vareon

"Spoilers" seems weird and sounds like it tacked DC to the fight just because. I'll wait.

Knowing Togashi, he could skip the conclusion of the fight if liked it lol.

Lemaitre

Banned
Can we just stop posting faux or real spoilers for chapters that are a day away?

WpR4D_s-200x150.gif

What else is there to do besides wait?

Jigolo

"Spoilers" seems weird and sounds like it tacked DC to the fight just because. I'll wait.

Knowing Togashi, he could skip the conclusion of the fight if liked it lol.

lol that's true

Haven't read the spoilers but for all we know Togashi might just make the next chapter where we just see Hisoka sitting criss cross with Chrollo's head on his lap saying "Maybe I am a little strong ❤︎ "

balgajo

I can see this working out great and next time Hisoka won't give Chrollo time to elaborate a plan. Really hope for another epic fight in the future and great fights against troupe members. Hisoka vs Feitan would be great.

Another thing.
Hisoka now has motivation enough to go to dark continent

Kyuur

Shiiieeetttt. Guess I'll eat crow for doubting.

I'm going to need some detailed info on whatever ability he used stat. It can't be BG can it?

remz

Chapter 357-

Man I cannot get over the imagery in this chapter. Zombie Hisoka is straight up fucked looking, and shalnark sitting on that swing with crows eating his guts, holy shit

HxH now becoming a slasher manga for it's next arc?

yami4ct

Shiiieeetttt. Guess I'll eat crow for doubting.

I'm going to need some detailed info on whatever ability he used stat. It can't be BG can it?

From what I've understood, he used Bungee Gum to massage his internal organs back into function. If you think about the properties of it, it does sort of make sense. He can alter the form and consistency of his aura externally, so why wouldn't he be able to do the same internally?

Dio

Banned
From what I've understood, he used Bungee Gum to massage his internal organs back into function. If you think about the properties of it, it does sort of make sense. He can alter the form and consistency of his aura externally, so why wouldn't he be able to do the same internally?

Right, and Nen happens to persist after death sometimes (see Pitou), so it kept doing what it needed to do even after his internal organs stopped. Makes sense. He made a gamble and it paid off.

Wow...Chrollo actually totally destroyed Hisoka...not exactly what I expected, but confirms Chrollo as one of the absolute top guys in my opinion. Hisoka is obviously a talented fighter, but overall he was dominated.

remz

Judging on the spoilers, pretty sure this was that "top 5 most shocking moments in hxh that the editor was talking about

Slaythe

Ok here's what I hate.

Nobody forced Hisoka to fight Chrollo.

He's acting like a brat.

Seriously hope Chrollo kills him for murdering his whole troupe because we all know nothing is gonna stop Hisoka.

Ok here's what I hate.

Nobody forced Hisoka to fight Chrollo.

He's acting like a brat.

Seriously hope Chrollo kills him for murdering his whole troupe because we all know nothing is gonna stop Hisoka.

He was always brat who liked to plays with toys until they break. With toys being people, and break meaning killing them.

Slaythe

He was always brat who liked to plays with toys until they break. With toys being people, and break meaning killing them.

Yeah except here I meant brat as in He got exactly what he asked for, and didn't like the outcome, so now he's all mad and throws a tantrum and seeks revenge.

But HE CAUSED THIS to happen. Every single person he met told him NOT TO FIGHT CHROLLO. He did. He lost, got completely outsmarted and outpowered.

And now what ? He's mad ? What did he expect ?

So the opponent has to be strong but not too much ?

What happened to strong opponents on their knees ? His plan is now to render Chrollo powerless.

Which is pathetic because he just spent an awful amount of time GIVING HIM HIS POWERS BACK.

I just hate it. Wish he would just move on, because nothing is gonna save the troupe from his plot armor, and it's a waste of great characters just for Hisoka, that is showing absolutely no growth in character and is getting pretty old.

Yeah except here I meant brat as in He got exactly what he asked for, and didn't like the outcome, so now he's all mad and throws a tantrum and seeks revenge.

But HE CAUSED THIS to happen. Every single person he met told him NOT TO FIGHT CHROLLO. He did. He lost, got completely outsmarted and outpowered.

And now what ? He's mad ? What did he expect ?

So the opponent has to be strong but not too much ?

What happened to strong opponents on their knees ? His plan is now to render Chrollo powerless.

Which is pathetic because he just spent an awful amount of time GIVING HIM HIS POWERS BACK.

I just hate it. Wish he would just move on, because nothing is gonna save the troupe from his plot armor, and it's a waste of great characters just for Hisoka, that is showing absolutely no growth in character and is getting pretty old.

Dat salt.

It's true Hisoka did lost the fight but it looks like he is gonna win the war.

He figured out the best way to kill a spider is to sever it's limbs.

Things are not looking good for Chrollo for this arc.

Slaythe

Dat salt.

It's true Hisoka did lost the fight but it looks like he is gonna win the war.

He figured out the best way to kill a spider is to sever it's limbs.

Things are not looking good for Chrollo for this arc.

So you've seen how mad the troupe was at Kurapika.

There's no way they let Hisoka slash them all for free.

We're to expect Hisoka can kill all of them alone without them ever being able to kill him.

Oh nevermind, he can't be killed. If an explosion that destroyed him isn't enough because he can recreate limbs and what not now with bungee gum, I guess there is nothing they can do.

Top Bottom