• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

zero_suit

Hisoka is an ex-spider and also a generally terrible person, but we'll want to root for him because he's essentially the fifth main character.

His crusade against the Spiders isn't righteous or understandable like Kurapika, he's just pissed now. I wonder if Hisoka will get cocky that he killed two of the physically weakest members in a surprise attack, because that's not going to work on Phinks, Feitan and Nobunaga - especially if they vow revenge and team up.

He's fucked if that happens.

Well yea, Phinks and Fetian should be in the same tier as Hisoka in any case.

Uvo would have matched up well vs Hisoka.

Uvo would have destroyed Hisoka. If he was able to physically overpower his bungee gums strength there's nothing Hisoka could do to him. He was strong enough to take enhanced swords and rocket launchers so slamming heads into him wouldn't do anything

Uvogin would've destroyed Hisoka. He couldn't physically fight him and Bungee Gum wouldn't do much.

I think Kotopi was killed because his Nen ability had too much potential for fuckery, like the guy in Chimaera Ants that got PTSD. Forget his name, started with an S

Hyun Sai

Uvo took bites and bled from the mafia beasts, Hisoka would have anihilated him. I don't even talk about the weakling of Kurapika clan and his "enhanced" sword lol. If we compare combat prowess and on the spot decision and improvisation, the guy is basically a genius whereas Uvo is the dumb type.

Hisoka can take every member of the brigade 1V1, PERHAPS Feitan will give him some trouble.

The Ryodan will meet their end on this boat, mark my words. Those assholes lived long enough.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to make this a poll. Who here is rooting for who? There is also an indifferent option if you don't care either way.

The rubber clown of course !

smurfx

get some go again
i think hisoka knows how to deal with guys like uvo. why would he be trying to encourage gon then? gon was going to be a similar type of fighter. you guys think ging can copy hisoka's gum/rubber ability? would be funny if he beat hisoka with his own version and never showed him his hatsu.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Do we even know what Nobunaga's Nen ability is? I know he has the sword but I don't I remember him ever actually getting to do anything since Uvogin did the majority of the fighting in the Yorknew arc and he wasn't around in Meteor City.

Daingurse

The only thing we know about Nobunaga is that his En is the range of blade, and I assume he can strike extremely fast. He's also an Enhancer, so I'm assuming he's going to be very strong by putting his Nen in his Katana. I am very interested in seeing Hisoka take on Nobunaga, Phinks, Franklin, and of course Feitan. I think Feitan is the most formidable Spider we've seen sans Chrollo. Hisoka is going to get extremely fucked up trying to kill him. Guess this is what Togashi meant when he said he's going to keep "Hurting Hisoka nicely" lol. No way he's leaving a fight with Feitan in-tact. Not with Pain Packer.

Fandangox

For sure. Hisoka may be strong but he is not winning against Feitan, Phinks and Nobunaga together.

Wasn't Nobunaga one of the weaker Spiders physically according to the arm wrestling rankings?

Actually we have never seen Nobunaga on an actual fight, its kind of a running joke that he gets interrupted when is about to really fight. We don't know his Hatsu do we?

Edit: the 2 posts above where wondering the same thing lol

I'm honestly wondering what some of you think Hisoka could do to Uvo. Look at every one of his fights. He wins them through physical attacks and none of his attacks could hurt Uvo whatsoever. It doesn't matter if they're nen enforced cards, launching things at him through stretched bungee gum. He can't hurt him with anything physical.

You mention the the mafia beast, and the only ones who could (barely) hurt Uvo were the ones whose abilities were essentially enhancement-based, which Hisoka's aren't

Daingurse

I'm honestly wondering what some of you think Hisoka could do to Uvo. Look at every one of his fights. He wins them through physical attacks and none of his attacks could hurt Uvo whatsoever. It doesn't matter if they're nen enforced cards, launching things at him through stretched bungee gum. He can't hurt him with anything physical.

You mention the the mafia beast, and the only ones who could (barely) hurt Uvo were the ones whose abilities were essentially enhancement-based, which Hisoka's aren't

I can't see someone like Uvogin killing Hisoka. Uvo seemed to be too straight forward in his fighting style, while Hisoka is all about trickery, misdirection and agility. I think Uvogin would struggle to land blows on Hisoka. I think Hisoka would be able to injure Uvogin with a Ko, by putting all his Nen in a playing card to cut him. Despite being a Transmuter, Hisoka seems to be well-versed in Enhancement, and was physically the 3rd strongest member in the Troupe (arm-wrestling).That Sonic Scream attack is his best chance against Hisoka IMO, because that is a devastating attack that moves at the speed of sound. But I that could probably be blocked with Bungee Gum in the ears lol.

I hope Uvo got replaced by another beastly Enhancer, so I can see Hisoka dismantle them lol.

Hyun Sai

Do we even know what Nobunaga's Nen ability is? I know he has the sword but I don't I remember him ever actually getting to do anything since Uvogin did the majority of the fighting in the Yorknew arc and he wasn't around in Meteor City.

Well, he is an enhancer, but we don't know much else about any special abilities. When we think of it, Gon is the enhancer with the most "subtile" technique lol.

The arm wrestle rankings are pure strength. So Uvogin is #1 obviously, while Chrollo is around the middle.

Nobunaga's Nen ability is unknown, but he's an Enhancer with a sword.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wasn't Nobunaga one of the weaker Spiders physically according to the arm wrestling rankings?

Actually we have never seen Nobunaga on an actual fight, its kind of a running joke that he gets interrupted when is about to really fight. We don't know his Hatsu do we?

Edit: the 2 posts above where wondering the same thing lol

Wasn't it kind of alluded to that Kalluto was one of the weaker Spiders as he was pretty impressed with the other members various abilities and powers in Meteor City? Honestly one of the strongest seems to be Bonolenov, that dude was throwing planets at people like it was nothing. I was always wondering what his abilities were since he had that goofy mummy with boxing gloves look for the longest time. I'd put him up there with Feitan in terms of power.

The arm wrestle rankings are pure strength. So Uvogin is #1 obviously, while Chrollo is around the middle.

Nobunaga's Nen ability is unknown, but he's an Enhancer with a sword.
well being an enhancer he doesn't necessarily have to have anything besides his nen enhanced sword, like a sword version of Uvo.

I can't see someone like Uvogin killing Hisoka. Uvo seemed to be too straight forward in his fighting style, while Hisoka is all about trickery, misdirection and agility. I think Uvogin would struggle to land blows on Hisoka. I think Hisoka would be able to injure Uvogin with a Ko, by putting all his Nen in a playing card to cut him. Despite being a Transmuter, Hisoka seems to be well-versed in Enhancement, and was physically the 3rd strongest member in the Troupe (arm-wrestling).That Sonic Scream attack is his best chance against Hisoka IMO, because that is a devastating attack that moves at the speed of sound. But I that could probably be blocked with Bungee Gum in the ears lol.

I hope Uvo got replaced by another beastly Enhancer, so I can see Hisoka dismantle them lol.

Every time he fought this was proven wrong though. Everything from how he took out the Shadow Beasts by exploiting each one's weakness to catching Kurapica off guard during their fight with the dust and en, which even had Kurapica commenting on how he had mistaken him for a dumb brute, shows he likes putting himself in danger, but he's by no means a simple minded fighter

smurfx

get some go again
you think illumi can create a puppet soldier army that looks like hisoka? we know he can do it to himself and it was good enough to fool the spiders. wonder if that might be a strategy hisoka uses to separate the spiders.

Daingurse

Every time he fought this was proven wrong though. Everything from how he took out the Shadow Beasts by exploiting each one's weakness to catching Kurapica off guard during their fight with the dust and en, which even had Kurapica commenting on how he had mistaken him for a dumb brute, shows he likes putting himself in danger, but he's by no means a simple minded fighter

Yeah, I recall that. He isn't a simple minded fighter, that is true, but I still don't think he showed anything that would suggest he's going to be able to compete on a level higher than Hisoka. I just can't see him outmaneuvering or getting the drop on him to the extent he did with Kurapica and the Shadow Beasts. Relative to Hisoka, Uvo's tactics do feel a bit more conventional, albeit effective. Hisoka's way of fighting is very unconventional. I just see Uvogin struggling with a whole lot of Bungee Gum bullshit. And while I assume Uvogin could break the stuff, I can see it really gumming up the works, quite literally. Uvogin's mobility would definitely be diminished somewhat, which could lead to Hisoka running circles around him. The only real obstacle I can see is what you brought up, can Hisoka even really damage him? I think it's possible, but I can't say for sure. He had extremely impressive durability. And while Hisoka is quite strong, he is not an Enhancer. And that damn Sonic Scream! That is a lethal attack.

Kyuur

Completely late realization on this but: When they revealed Kurapika's allies for the expedition, I was a bit confused on how he got a hold of Hanzo in the first place. Rewatching the anime, I noticed that Hanzo gave Gon, Leorio and Kurapika all his card with contact information! Nice little detail.

Chrollo is insane

At this point I think based on hype, only a few characters that are probably better when it comes to combat.

Ging, Beyond, Botobai and Maha

Lulubop

Uvo is considered a battle genius and his durability is and strength are on a higher tier from that of Hisoka and Phinks. Maybe even Razor too and we seen how he mangled Hisoka.

Uvo is considered a battle genius and his durability is and strength are on a higher tier from that of Hisoka and Phinks. Maybe even Razor too and we seen how he mangled Hisoka.

I consider Razor very different as it was a game. Yes, if Hiso-chan stands there and tries to catch a ball, his fingers get messed up. A real fight would be very different.

saher

Banned
I was hoping for him to die to be honest,by the end of this arc im hoping either the phantom troupe is finished or hisoka.

Get done with this shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So basically Hisoka has infinite revives unless you destroy his organs?

Well, Hisoka died of suffocation that time so there was very little real damage. Yea he lost some limbs and got fucked up, but no fatal blow was dealt. So all Hisoka needed to do was restart his heart and he was fine. Had he taken a fatal blow it would have killed him and his trick wouldn't have helped. Basically he bet everything on the mind controlled dudes cushioning him from the blast and him taking very little damage from it. Had he taken the full force of that blast he'd be dead for sure.

EDIT: Even now I'm not sure how much time he's got. He's using his nen just to stand up and walk around. That's got to be exhausting. Seems like he's living on borrowed time for now.

Kieli

As threatening as Chrollo has demonstrated himself to be, I still don't think he can take on the RG.

Assuming he has even more broken abilities than the ones he demonstrated in Hisoka's fight is kind of silly.

Kieli

Hisoka had his Nen give him CPR.

He's clearly come out of the situation more unhinged

I thought he wanted to have a good fight with strong enemies. Either he abandoned that in his quest to off the Spiders, or he simply doesn't think Shalnark and Kortopi rank high enough to be worthy of his time like Chrollo and other 90+s are.

Let us not forget all his healing was just cosmetic cover-up. No hand, no foot and now he doesn't even have a nose and no fucks given.

His nen started his heart and lungs and that's about it.

I feel like alot of people are kinda overthinking what Hisoka did to bring himself back to life.

Literally all he did was have bungee gum act as a defibrillator and CPR using expand and contract.

It's very within the realm of possibility of Bungee Gum. As far as healing himself goes; he's still majorly fucked up, he basically only put on makeup.

kirblar

I thought he wanted to have a good fight with strong enemies. Either he abandoned that in his quest to off the Spiders, or he simply doesn't think Shalnark and Kortopi rank high enough to be worthy of his time like Chrollo and other 90+s are.
The spiders helped out Chrollo in the fight. So they're all on his shit list now.

「 Over HEAVEN 」;206833845 said:
I feel like alot of people are kinda overthinking what Hisoka did to bring himself back to life.

Literally all he did was have bungee gum act as a defibrillator and CPR using expand and contract.

It's very within the realm of possibility of Bungee Gum. As far as healing himself goes; he's still majorly fucked up, he basically only put on makeup.

I think the main issue that a lot have isn't so much the whole CPR thing but that Hisoka literally told his Nen to come back stronger.

Could be wrong on this as early stuff is a bit fuzzy, but isn't that a first for this series? It's one thing for ones will and resolve to be so strong that Nen remains and strengthens after death, its another thing entirely to literally talk to your Nen.

Daingurse

「 Over HEAVEN 」;206833845 said:
As far as healing himself goes; he's still majorly fucked up, he basically only put on makeup.

He's majorly deformed, but all his wounds should be closed at-least lol. Bungee Gum would be good for that. Hisoka honestly should drop the Texture Surprise on his face. He looked hauntingly creepy, it was pretty awesome.

I think the main issue that a lot have isn't so much the whole CPR thing but that Hisoka literally told his Nen to come back stronger.

Could be wrong on this as early stuff is a bit fuzzy, but isn't that a first for this series? It's one thing for ones will and resolve to be so strong that Nen remains and strengthens after death, its another thing entirely to literally talk to your Nen.

Did he tho? To me it just seems like all he did was set a condition on his Bungee Gum to activate around his organs after he died.

Like if his head was blown off the condition still would have been met but obviously he would have stayed dead, but only because he died of suffocation did it also happen have the result of CPR.

This is mostly speculation on my part but I think Machi came to the wrong conclusion about his Nen supposedly "becoming stronger after death" and the revival just so happened to be the cause of him setting his condition seeing as how he doesn't really fit any of the criteria for the whole Nen after death thing we've seen so far

Daingurse

「 Over HEAVEN 」;206860101 said:
Did he tho? To me it just seems like all he did was set a condition on his Bungee Gum to activate around his organs after he died.

Like if his head was blown off the condition still would have been met but obviously he would have stayed dead, but only because he died of suffocation did it also happen have the result of CPR.

This is mostly speculation on my part but I think Machi came to the wrong conclusion about his Nen supposedly "becoming stronger after death" and the revival just so happened to be the cause of him setting his condition seeing as how he doesn't really fit any of the criteria for the whole Nen after death thing we've seen so far

I think we already know that his Nen is stronger though. I really don't think Hisoka was able to make those Bungee Gum limbs before his resurrection. I believe what we are seeing with Hisoka is brand new. He may have had such great compatibility with his Nen, that he was able to implant such a suggestion/condition. Hell, it almost did feel like he was speaking or "praying" to his Nen. I think this is unlike anything we've seen before. The one common denominator though is the concept of "Nen becoming stronger after death", which I believe did occur here.

Kyuur

Bd132au.jpg

The reason he never made limbs out of Bungee Gum before was because he never had to. He wouldn't make them in battle because it's frail.

Togashi isn't going to make everyone into Saiyans. Nen after death is a way of implementing curse-like abilities, not permanent power ups.

Daingurse

Bd132au.jpg

The reason he never made limbs out of Bungee Gum before was because he never had to. He wouldn't make them in battle because it's frail.

Togashi isn't going to make everyone into Saiyans. Nen after death is a way of implementing curse-like abilities, not permanent power ups.

Pretty sure I'm going to be right about this one. But we'll see. Also, there will most likely be some unseen consequences to this revival/Nen boost, so not really like DBZ at all. Hisoka probably already has some kind of brain damage.

Kyuur

Pretty sure I'm going to be right about this one. But we'll see. Also, there will most likely be some unseen consequences to this revival/Nen boost, so not really like DBZ at all. Hisoka probably already has some kind of brain damage.

Indeed.

Unless it goes on hiatus. ;_;

I think you're over reading it. It's more like using death as a condition is the ultimate restriction so his nen is stronger as a result. He didn't "tell" it to come back stronger, and there was no guarantee his body would still be in a good enough condition that simply pumping his heart would revive him (even though it appeared he also had his nen primarily protect his vital organs)

Top Bottom