• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Permanently A

That casual "rumor has it a criminal ring slipped onto the ship"

I desperately want there to be a boring ass chapter with Kurapika just walking around the boat checking things out and then right at the end he turns the corner and he's face to face with Chrollo.

How fuckin hype would that be.

So I take it no Gon this arc?
I'm fine with it. From this point forward I think the story can work well with a rotating cast of characters. I imagine after the Dark Continent we'll get an arc involving Gon and Ant Kite anyway.

Though I wonder what happens once they actually get to the Dark Continent? I figure shit is going to hit the fan as soon as they make landing their and most people will find themselves hopelessly outclassed and wanting to get the hell out of Dodge. Other than Ging, Beyond, Biscuit, Chrollo, and maybe some of the Zodiac, I don't think anyone will be able to do much of anything, and I don't imagine Biscuit and Chrollo wanting to stick around considering that their motivations don't lie in reaching the Dark Continent in the first place.

Lulubop

The set up for this black whale arc is ridiculous. I can only imagine how intricate the killings of the princes, hunting season of the Spiders and all the other political drama is going to be. GOAT arc pontiental here. Togodshi

Daingurse

I'm fine with it. From this point forward I think the story can work well with a rotating cast of characters. I imagine after the Dark Continent we'll get an arc involving Gon and Ant Kite anyway.

Though I wonder what happens once they actually get to the Dark Continent? I figure shit is going to hit the fan as soon as they make landing their and most people will find themselves hopelessly outclassed and wanting to get the hell out of Dodge. Other than Ging, Beyond, Biscuit, Chrollo, and maybe some of the Zodiac, I don't think anyone will be able to do much of anything, and I don't imagine Biscuit and Chrollo wanting to stick around considering that their motivations don't lie in reaching the Dark Continent in the first place.

Yeah, the actual Dark Continent is going be an absolute slaughter. I don't think anyone is truly prepared outside Beyond (unless Ging went in secret). I can just see all the careful, and meticulous preparation done by the different factions involved going to complete shit. Once they encounter some of these organisms . . . I shiver to think about it. I have obsessed over that double page spread showing the Dark Continent in Chapter 344. I really cannot wait, because it looks absolutely chaotic. And that's not taking the Calamities into account at all!

Lulubop

Curious what Beyond has up his sleeve to deal with the Dark Continent. He must have been prepping for a return ever since Issac barred him.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Knowing Togashi the boat will get halfway and turn around and the DC will never be mentioned again or they get there and it was all a giant lie about the crazy monsters and incredible resources. I could just see them sailing out to the DC and just coming back around to the other side of the "known" world. Maybe believing in the Dark Continent is like being a Flat Earther or Hollow Earth believer in the HxH world haha

Permanently A

Knowing Togashi the boat will get halfway and turn around and the DC will never be mentioned again or they get there and it was all a giant lie about the crazy monsters and incredible resources. I could just see them sailing out to the DC and just coming back around to the other side of the "known" world. Maybe believing in the Dark Continent is like being a Flat Earther or Hollow Earth believer in the HxH world haha

the whale was the dark continent all along

smurfx

get some go again
if we go with my time skip theory then maybe kite, gon and killua end up going to the dark continent together. this time around they all go as equals and we find out what happened to all the hunters. i don't see togashi sending killua or gon back to the dark continent if he shows it all off with ging and the others. the fun part about the dark continent will be finding all these horrors for the first time and seeing how people handle them.

Lulubop

But people have already been there, including Beyond

HStallion

But people have already been there, including Beyond

Well I was being mostly facetious but I do like how Togashi sets things up only to have them not turn out at all like you expect. Maybe Beyond is a lying crazy man and the boat hits a rocky out cropping and sinks lol

DrD

This should be Leorio's time to shine. There's a lack of doctors on the boat and he's capable of attacking through walls so he might be able to hit people on different floors.

dabig2

I think the continent is real because there was that page with Netero, Zzig and the cute girl who went there

Yeah, too bad Linnet (the cute girl) aged waaaaaay more than Netero and barely speaks anymore, otherwise she could have been a nice nugget of information for the Hunter association on what to expect beyond "place is huge".

Mael

They're NOT going to the DC just yet.
The V5 is sending them to an island close to the DC but not part of the DC and telling everyone that it's the DC.
It'll backfire and they WILL get to the DC but the boat is not heading to the DC.

woopWOOP

So how many years will we spend on this boat? Will Berserk finally be surpassed for longest boat ride ever?
Depends on the amount of 2-year hiatuses we'll be getting before the end ;)

I wonder if Beyond's team will mingle with the chaos or if they will lay low until arrival at the DC, 2 months later. I imagine their specific skills, selected by Beyond for the journey, will be better equipped to deal with the calamities than the Zodiacs, but that won't help much if they croak during the trip...

Also, I guess we've already had a bit of a timeskip as of now. It's been 11 months between CA's end and the departure of the ship and it'll be another 2 months until that ship reaches the contintent. If the focus goes back to Gon and Killua after that they'll probably be a bit taller atleast.

Jigolo

Just to be clear Pariston and Ging should already be on the boat right? Since they're with Beyond or was it Beyond.....I forgot

Kyuur

Just to be clear Pariston and Ging should already be on the boat right? Since they're with Beyond or was it Beyond.....I forgot

Yes, they should be on the ship.

So how many years will we spend on this boat? Will Berserk finally be surpassed for longest boat ride ever?

There will be two different boat arcs, so it depends if you'll combine that time or not. Who knows, we could spend a significant amount of time on the Virtual Continent too.

if we go with my time skip theory then maybe kite, gon and killua end up going to the dark continent together. this time around they all go as equals and we find out what happened to all the hunters. i don't see togashi sending killua or gon back to the dark continent if he shows it all off with ging and the others. the fun part about the dark continent will be finding all these horrors for the first time and seeing how people handle them.

Shit, Kite never even came into my mind for this arc. He would definitely be a valuable asset with superhuman durability. Palm too.

That casual "rumor has it a criminal ring slipped onto the ship"

I desperately want there to be a boring ass chapter with Kurapika just walking around the boat checking things out and then right at the end he turns the corner and he's face to face with Chrollo.

How fuckin hype would that be.

That would amazing.

Kazerei

Banned
I get the feeling Kurapica will need Chrollo's help to smuggle the baby prince to the lower decks or something like that. At the very least, I don't think either will want to fight in this situation. Or maybe Togashi is just fucking with us.

HStallion

Just how many people are going on this trip? It seems like they're taking huge swaths of random civilians as well as the Princes and everyone else. Are they planning on trying to colonize the Dark Continent right off the bat even with its history?

I get the feeling Kurapica will need Chrollo's help to smuggle the baby prince to the lower decks or something like that. At the very least, I don't think either will want to fight in this situation. Or maybe Togashi is just fucking with us.

Until they find out the baby IS the Prize that Chrollo wants to steal, duh duh DUH!

vypek

Just how many people are going on this trip? It seems like they're taking huge swaths of random civilians as well as the Princes and everyone else. Are they planning on trying to colonize the Dark Continent right off the bat even with its history?

Thats what I think. Maybe some people are just in it for the expedition. I didn't realize how many normal people would be going.

Hyun Sai

Guys, the boat is NOT going to the Dark Continent, it is going on some random islands to fool the normal people who can't understand they wouldn't survive the real deal.

Kyuur

Guys, the boat is NOT going to the Dark Continent, it is going on some random islands to fool the normal people who can't understand they wouldn't survive the real deal.

csnDc7q.png

smurfx

get some go again
This is such a troll by Kakin and the V5, especially with the epic introduction at the beginning of the last chapter lol

Btw are both Kakin and V5 on the Black Whale?
yeah everybody is there. once they reach the fake continent everybody will likely get on the ship on top of the whale and go meet the people that will be guiding everybody to the dark continent.

Philippo

yeah everybody is there. once they reach the fake continent everybody will likely get on the ship on top of the whale and go meet the people that will be guiding everybody to the dark continent.

Did they talk about why are both the factions on the same boat?
I remember something like Kakin letting V5 tag along because it's the latter that is giving permission to the kingdom to departure over the non intervention agreement, but i'm not sure it's right.

Kieli

This. Fucking. Manga.

The ship details, the mini-society that's being built in, the power games between the princes, Kurapika being a smart paranoid guy as always, the Nen beasts about to come out etc.

And on top of that Togashi is bringing his A-game in terms of drawings.

This is simply insane.

We're probably in for the best ride in shonen mangas history.

T-minus 3 more chapters before 5 year hiatus.

Spinx

This. Fucking. Manga.

The ship details, the mini-society that's being built in, the power games between the princes, Kurapika being a smart paranoid guy as always, the Nen beasts about to come out etc.

And on top of that Togashi is bringing his A-game in terms of drawings.

This is simply insane.

We're probably in for the best ride in shonen mangas history.

Assistants.

HStallion

Assistants.

I thought Togashi does as much of the manga as he can by himself with the occasional rumor of his wife helping him now and again? I heard he was like Miura and took insane pride in doing everything himself.

Erigu

I thought Togashi does as much of the manga as he can by himself with the occasional rumor of his wife helping him now and again? I heard he was like Miura and took insane pride in doing everything himself.
Togashi and Miura both have assistants.

HStallion

Togashi and Miura both have assistants.

Miura's don't do all that much and he often goes over their work afterwards to make corrections and adjustments as he see's fit. They tend to do minor detail work like adding faces on crowds of hundreds of people.

Daingurse

Apparently when he's really stressed out, he feels the need to do everything himself. I gotta imagine his wife or someone is helping him out with the latest chapters.

dabig2

Damn straight.

Like I wish him good health and all and I hope continuing the series isn't causing him adverse issues, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was completely selfish in wanting this run to go on as long as possible. I'm just happy that he's accepted help and is churning out supreme quality again. *knocks on wood*

Daingurse

Like I wish him good health and all and I hope continuing the series isn't causing him adverse issues, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was completely selfish in wanting this run to go on as long as possible. I'm just happy that he's accepted help and is churning out supreme quality again. *knocks on wood*

I wish Togashi all the best, but this has been a really good run these past few months hahaha. Still, the last thing I want is for him to be killing himself doing this series, no matter how good it is. But shit, I'm not even invoking the "H" word. Knock on all the wood, Togashi has just been dynamite.

remz

I feel like Togashi's updates are dark humour fuck yous to everyone implying he was doing nothing but playing RPGs/that he was being lazy in his absence

Kieli

I honestly and truly would rather have him go bi-weekly or monthly if it even means any measure of consistency. Much better to get 12 chapters a year than no chapters for 2 years.

Edit: That being said, I'm very curious as to the capabilities of Prince's nen guards. I hope they aren't scrubs and can put up a fight against the Spiders and Hisoka.

Top Bottom