• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Daingurse

That was a great chapter, there's so much damn intrigue already. This arc is going to be incredible. And man, Kurapika with the gat lol. My boy really is mafia, he is not fucking around.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn I love how no one seems to know about the Succession War except for Kurapika and the royal family themselves and some of their bodyguards.

HStallion

You never know with Hunter x Hunter, its sometimes the small things that really come back to bite people in the ass and something as simple as making sure other people actually knew about the Succession War would be something that Togashi would do hah. I think the best thing is that we're all assuming its part of the succession war but for all we know it could be something else entirely, there are still so many unknowns. Keep them coming Togashi.

Daingurse

Man, Botobai Gigante was laying down the law lol.

botobaitheoriginaloguuqdj.png

Seeing Botobai fight is something I really want to see. Right up there with Maha Zoldyck. He really has hype behind him, being described as the closest to Netero in terms of ability. I want to see what the "Terrorist Hunter" is really about.

Lulubop

Yea Batobai is said to be the closet of the zodiacs to Netero, so he's probably beastly. Maybe he'll take on Beyond at some point

HStallion

I hope we get to see Leorio fucking some dudes up. We barely know what his Nen ability can do aside from long distance punches.

kirblar

chapter 340 picks up directly after the anime ends so start there. you shouldn't wait for an anime since there likely won't be one again.
If the arc finishes, they'll probably animate it given the high sales of the recent volume. But that's not going to be for years.

Guys the chapter was called Departure! I can smile again knowing that Hunter x Hunter is still running full force. I know drawing this manga is painful for Togashi but I just hope that when he feels like he stopping he finds the strength he needs to try again.

smurfx

get some go again
If the arc finishes, they'll probably animate it given the high sales of the recent volume. But that's not going to be for years.
no guarantee the animators or even the voice actors will be around to do another season in the future either.

SoulUnison

Banned
I guess I tend to forget the "setting" and "time" of Hunter x Hunter.

For some reason it hit me really weirdly when Kurapika simultaneously activates Nen and...pulls a handgun.

remz

I guess I tend to forget the "setting" and "time" of Hunter x Hunter.

For some reason it hit me really weirdly when Kurapika simultaneously activates Nen and...pulls a handgun.

LOL Kurapika slinging that gat around. That's how I feel whenever someone uses a smartphone in HxH or for example, when they were checking the socials of the princes a few chapters ago. I actually really like the weird blend of fantasy and over the top reality.

Kyuur

If they go at the same pace as the 2011 anime, we would actually have enough chapters for a new cour in a month or two at this rate. If Togashi can keep it up, I'd love for them to do what they're doing with Haikyuu and MHA with HxH.

Seeing Botobai fight is something I really want to see. Right up there with Maha Zoldyck. He really has hype behind him, being described as the closest to Netero in terms of ability. I want to see what the "Terrorist Hunter" is really about.
I too want to see him fight but manga stream mistranslated the part about him being close in ability to netero. The viz translation just says he was close to netero in terms of a relationship.

Daingurse

I too want to see him fight but manga stream mistranslated the part about him being close in ability to netero. The viz translation just says he was close to netero in terms of a relationship.

I think I do recall that, now that you mention it. I have the Viz volumes, and finished re-reading the Election arc a few months ago, so that's ringing some bells. I still think he will be a force lol.

So, could togashi kill Kurapika in this arc? Would he go that far?

I don't know much about Chrollo but, would he be one with a lust for revenge?

ampere

It's plausible that Kurapika could die fighting the Spiders. I think it'd be really surprising if both him and Hisoka kill off the rest without serious injury (beyond Hiso's current injuries) or at least one of them dying. They know Kurapika's secret about Chain Jail being only usable on Spiders so they might have a counter to it planned, unless Kurapika can get them alone one by one.

That being said, I don't want Kurapika, Hisoka, or the Spiders to be gone. Spiders can have people killed off and reform, it's just such an interesting evil organization and it's cool to see them interact in other arcs like the Chimera Ant arc.

Random bit: I miss Gon and Killua

This just cracks me up and sums up the differences between the two characters so well.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone watching the English dub? I'm really enjoying the cast and I think they're doing a fantastic job at dubbing it. I want that Blu-ray release!

vypek

Anyone watching the English dub? I'm really enjoying the cast and I think they're doing a fantastic job at dubbing it. I want that Blu-ray release!

Yep. I read the manga when I heard it was the series was coming back and now I started watching the English dub as it airs week by week. I like it.

It's plausible that Kurapika could die fighting the Spiders. I think it'd be really surprising if both him and Hisoka kill off the rest without serious injury (beyond Hiso's current injuries) or at least one of them dying. They know Kurapika's secret about Chain Jail being only usable on Spiders so they might have a counter to it planned, unless Kurapika can get them alone one by one.

They know he uses a chain. I don't think he ever told any of them that...Maybe Uvo before he was killed

Daingurse

Yeah, I've been keeping up with it. I think it's pretty good. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release too. I need this series.

HStallion

Geez kill off Kurapika? Wait till Gon hears that. He'll get his Nen back just to use it all at once again and have his hair grow like a mile long.

ampere

They know he uses a chain. I don't think he ever told any of them that...Maybe Uvo before he was killed

I just re-read it so my mind is pretty fresh, this should be accurate:

In chapter 108 Kurapika tells Gon, Killua and Leorio the details of his Chain Jail and Judgment Chain (he didn't tell them about the healing one or the other finger), and in chapter 113 Paku reads Gon and Killua's minds. Then in chapter 119 she fires her memory bullets at Franklin, Shalnark, Nobunaga, Machi, Finks and Feitang. So at least the ones out of those 6 who are still alive know about the Chain Jail restriction, and I would assume they told the other Spiders since it's pretty important.

Spinx

I'm already forgetting details. Kurapika is still one of the Zodiacs, right? Why did he sign up for guard duty also?

From the wiki
The fourth of the seven Kakin princes, Tserriednich Hui Guo Rou, has obtained a large and likely the last remaining sets of Scarlet Eyes. Kurapika with help given from Mizaistom Nana (cow zodiac), plans on retrieving them during the voyage to the Dark Continent.

HStallion

Kurapika will gather all the Scarlet Eyes, then eat them/absorb them, and gain the ultimate Sharingan... or at least that's how it would work in Naruto.

Kyuur

I'm already forgetting details. Kurapika is still one of the Zodiacs, right? Why did he sign up for guard duty also?

Besides the above (Mizaistrom used this opportunity to get him to join the Zodiacs in the first place), the Zodiac mission doesn't really have an actual start until they reach the New Continent, at which point the succession war should be over. So there isn't really a conflict in his time table. :p

What you had to remember is that Kurapika didn't want to join the Zodiac, he only joined because in exchange Mizai gave him info about the remaining scarlet eyes. So we had to imagine that they made dael, once the hunt for the eyes started, his job as Zodiac would have lower priority.

Besides the above (Mizaistrom used this opportunity to get him to join the Zodiacs in the first place), the Zodiac mission doesn't really have an actual start until they reach the New Continent, at which point the succession war should be over. So there isn't really a conflict in his time table. :p

Is this succession supposed to be over by the time they reach the Dark Continent?
I thought they weren't going to start the succession fight UNTIL the boat ride ended and they get to the Dark Continent.

I'm curious about the Hunter X Hunter 2011 anime. I haven't watched it, yet I saw that the anime series is rated highly.

How is it good? 5 seasons seems like a lot of episodes than what I'm used to (1-25ish episodes). I like Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Punch Man, Steins;gate, Little Witch Academia, Cowboy Bebop.

-- Repost from Hunter x Hunter Manga thread

I'm curious about the Hunter X Hunter 2011 anime. I haven't watched it, yet I saw the anime series rated highly.

How is it good? 5 seasons seems like a lot of episodes than what I'm used to (1-25ish episodes). I like Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Punch Man, Steins;gate, Little Witch Academia, Cowboy Bebop.

PErsonally, I think you should watch the original Anime up until Greed Island and then switch.

The new one started much more tame in my opinion but they may have been to ease into the violence that does take hold once you get to the ants.

By the time they get to York in the new series, it was much better than it started. I prefer the original York but they did a good job in the new series

HStallion

I'm curious about the Hunter X Hunter 2011 anime. I haven't watched it, yet I saw that the anime series is rated highly.

Are you going off the 5 seasons on Netflix? That's not the entire show by a long shot. The entire show is 154 episodes or about that and I believe Netflix is missing like 40 to 50 of the episodes which covers the second half of the biggest arc of the series and a final smaller arc.

Good to see Togashi has been seeing a professional. Is this the most optimistic his recent comments have been?

Probably. He must have been in terrible shape but it sounds like he spent years just dealing with the pain and not doing anything about it. Did he get surgery? It sounds like he's doing just some basic yoga stretching. In my head I'm picturing him doing broken table right now.

HStallion

Probably. He must have been in terrible shape but it sounds like he spent years just dealing with the pain and not doing anything about it. Did he get surgery? It sounds like he's doing just some basic yoga stretching. In my head I'm picturing him doing broken table right now.

Downward Dog brah.

Top Bottom