• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Daingurse

I honestly and truly would rather have him go bi-weekly or monthly if it even means any measure of consistency. Much better to get 12 chapters a year than no chapters for 2 years.

Edit: That being said, I'm very curious as to the capabilities of Prince's nen guards. I hope they aren't scrubs and can put up a fight against the Spiders and Hisoka.

I hope Benjamin's guards are going to be some pretty bad dudes. Probably just going to use nen guns or projectiles, but I expect them to be deadly proficient and skilled in nen combat. Them being trained military and nen users, would give them a lot of real combat experience. I mean look at this dude, he's ready yesterday lol:

dwadad8xpql.png

I really don't think Benjamin's men are going to be playing any games. I don't know if they'll be able to pressure the Troupe or Hisoka, but I think they at the very least will be a force.

Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff to get through even before they reach DC

There's the whole Game of Thron--Kakin Succession on the boat, Phantom Troupe/Hisoka drama and dropping the regular people onto the "fake dark continent"

Everything since the election arc ended until now [including the above] will probably be treated as its own story arc and then DC itself, its own arc.

Kyuur

I hope Benjamin's guards are going to be some pretty bad dudes. Probably just going to use nen guns or projectiles, but I expect them to be deadly proficient and skilled in nen combat. Them being trained military and nen users, would give them a lot of real combat experience. I mean look at this dude, he's ready yesterday lol:

I really don't think Benjamin's men are going to be playing any games. I don't know if they'll be able to pressure the Troupe or Hisoka, but I think they at the very least will be a force.

I really don't think that's the case. Look at the difference in attitude between their leader and Kurapika, contrasted almost immediately in the chapter:

I guess it could just be that none of them have abilities suited for the situation, but I'm leaning to them not being Nen users at all. Aside from Tserriednich and hired hunters, I don't expect any of the prince's guards to be Nen users and that most of the threat will be from the spirit beasts.

Daingurse

I really don't think that's the case. Look at the difference in attitude between their leader and Kurapika, contrasted almost immediately in the chapter:

I guess it could just be that none of them have abilities suited for the situation, but I'm leaning to them not being Nen users at all. Aside from Tserriednich and hired hunters, I don't expect any of the prince's guards to be Nen users and that most of the threat will be from the spirit beasts.

It's very possible that you're right. The way those two briefings are framed could suggest that those dudes don't have Nen. Most of the Princes will be inadequately prepared, and are going to have guards without Nen. But if any of the Princes have guards with Nen, I think Benjamin would be one of them. Like you said, I think their abilities are not suited for the current stage of the operation. I just have a feeling that Benjamin has hired mercenaries and private security types with Nen combat abilities.

Daingurse

Every
single
person
on
the
fake
islands
is
going
to
die
horribly
somehow.

Yeah, even if it's not the true Dark Continent, I really doubt those islands are safe. They've found the drifted remains of Calamity victims in the "Human World" already. Maybe some nasty stuff has already encroached on that territory?

Yeah, even if it's not the true Dark Continent, I really doubt those islands are safe. They've found the drifted remains of Calamity victims in the "Human World" already. Maybe some nasty stuff has already encroached on that territory?

That's what I think. At some point the danger of the Dark Continent is going to bleed over and we've going to get panel of someone going ?! and then a full page spread of all those tourists getting turned into red mist.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
dark continent humans must be beastly

If they are even "human". For all we know they could be worse than the calamities. If the "ants" from the Dark Continent are as dangerous and deadly as we saw with the Chimera Ants just imagine how bad the humans might be.

Yonafunu

Togashi is so good at setting up interesting situations, I'm actually more excited reading those chapters than the actual fights. The entire Black Whale preparations have been much more intriguing than Hisoka vs Chrollo.

edit: New chapter's up

daveo42

Banned
Reading now. First thing that poped out was good old
upside down Africa. Not sure how bad going back to the phrase 'dark continent' is to describe Africa tho...

Edit: Shit getting real real fucking quick.

woopWOOP

For a moment I thought I was mistaken these past few years and Fugetsu was actually a boy, with the clothes she's wearing during the departure ceremony.
But now I'm not sure what gender Tubeppa's supposed to be anymore, ha

Anyway, cool chapter. Good overview of who does what and where at this point and it looks like the situation is getting nasty pretty quick already.

vypek

Reading now. First thing that poped out was good old
upside down Africa. Not sure how bad going back to the phrase 'dark continent' is to describe Africa tho...

Edit: Shit getting real real fucking quick.

Regarding your spoiler:

I noticed that as well. I was kind of hoping that the continent next to Australia in that map was Africa and dark continent was just super similar.

Regarding the chapter:

This guy can really write an interesting story. :)

Upside down Africa is just the fake dark continent that the public are going to

Just saw that after I went back to the chapter after putting me initial post. It changes shape in pages 4 and 5 lol. I had thought there were multiple islands/continents that were going to be for a fake out

When I saw the bodies, the first thing I thought of was 'glove mummy' from the Spiders, who's name I never remember.

I don't believe there is anything going on Pariston doesn't know about, especially the succession games.

Also, they jumped ahead without saying what happened with Woble at the end of the previous chapter : (
I hope Woble's nen beast is killing these people.

Kyuur

Will be cool to see Morel again in a while. I hope Knuckle, Shoot and Palm (maybe even Ikalgo and Meleoron!) will be along for the ride too. Also interested to see how the discussion with Mizaistrom about the bodyguard situation goes. He obviously won't be in favor since Saiyu would get an opportunity to release Beyond, but he can't exactly tell them that.

Bruh. Boat is barely out the docks and people already kicking the bucket. Shit got real so fast.

I actually think its been about a week since they departed; the princes have gathered again for a banquet, which only happens every Sunday. I supposed it's also possible they departed on Saturday or some other day and the one we saw last chapter was just a special festivity, but none-the-less I believe some time has passed.

I think we'll see frequent timeskips inbetween major events and the banquets will be the main way to know that time has passed.

When I saw the bodies, the first thing I thought of was 'glove mummy' from the Spiders, who's name I never remember.

Yeah this was my thought as well, but those holes were body modifications by his tribe and not something he inflicted. The blood draining definitely makes me think Shizuku but I don't know why she would target bodyguards.

The fake island is small and on the outskirts of the map, it's not upside down tiny Africa.

I think the islands they showed previously were just examples and this larger landmass was selected from them. It makes more sense this way; people would eventually think something was up if the 'continent' they were on was so tiny.

Just saw that after I went back to the chapter after putting me initial post. It changes shape in pages 4 and 5 lol. I had thought there were multiple islands/continents that were going to be for a fake out

Yes, that picture was a mistake. They already have the equivalent of Africa in the known world. It is right next to South america and I believe that is where the Zoldicks live. Togashi made a mistake or was lazy and recycled the same exact shape in that page.

The first think I thought of was Shizuku. Because she killed the chimera ant by sucking out his blood like that too. But if that were her this time, I would believe the corpses would be naked because how are you going to suck out the blood without vacuuming their clothes as well?

smurfx

get some go again
kurapika is going to be busy trying to solve this murder mystery while the spiders start up their operation to steal all the treasure. thing is i wonder if chrollo is planning on going to the dark continent. i remember a scene where one of the spiders mentions that chrollo likes reading ancient texts so he might know about the dark continent and is interested in going. its possible he read about some treasure he wants to obtain. hisoka would likely just follow him there and the final battle would happen there.

vypek

Yes, that picture was a mistake. They already have the equivalent of Africa in the known world. It is right next to South america and I believe that is where the Zoldicks live. Togashi made a mistake or was lazy and recycled the same exact shape in that page.

Thanks. That makes sense. I guess someone would have pointed out already if one of our own continents wasn't in the jumbled version that Togashi uses so it is probably a mistake that he used it here.

HStallion

What a time to be alive. New Hunter x Hunter and Berserk chapters in the same month! Next thing you're going to tell me is Shinichiro Watanabe is going to make a new Cowboy Bebop anime.

Edit: We are getting a new FLCL from Adult Swim so that's close enough I suppose.

HStallion

Wow who did this? Makes me really want more HxH anime episodes but I know it will be years before they have enough material to make a worthwhile go at it. Who know's maybe Togashi will keep this pace up for more than a few months and we'll get a couple volumes worth of material from him.

woopWOOP

No fucking way, is this by the same guy who did the fanmade Kite vs Neferpitou and Gon vs Neferpitou scenes? I was really hoping he'd make more gifs with the return. I hope he does some scenes from the Chrollo fight.
Seems like it!
Man, that brings me back. Seeing the CA animated seemed like such a faraway dream back then, I was so damn hyped when the 2011 anime started getting to that point.

Kyuur

Is anyone else surprised that we spent some time on the V6 guy this chapter as well? I wonder what sort of significance he'll have in the times to come.

ampere

It's exciting to see Kurapika getting serious. I've been re-reading the series from the start and reminded me of how much I missed him being involved.

Also neat in general to see foreshadowing for later events that I forgot about, like the Illumi mind control of Killua is foreshadowed better than I remembered.

Top Bottom