• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Whom they put to watch Beyond, along with Horse and Tiger.

Only Mizai and Kurapkia know. They also decided not to make a move against him since they don't have concrete evidence, only Kurapika's lie detector, which was used on a video of the Zodiacs revealing their powers to each other. Mizai didn't want to reveal that what was presented as a trust-building exercise was actually the opposite and feared the other Zodiacs would take this as a betrayal. Though it seems like the proposal to watch Beyond in shifts is about to blow that plan apart.

Kyuur

Is this succession supposed to be over by the time they reach the Dark Continent?
I thought they weren't going to start the succession fight UNTIL the boat ride ended and they get to the Dark Continent.

I don't have the panels right now, but I believe they said something to the effect of 'the person left standing at the end of the voyage is King'. The Kakin royal family is only going to the fake DC like the rest of the civilians. This is why Oito is confused about the whole situation with the guards, since it leaves no room (for regular people) to kill eachother:

gU24HnP.png

Fandangox

Whom they put to watch Beyond, along with Horse and Tiger.

When I heard them complain about 3 people not being necessary to watch over Beyond I presumed Mizai made it like that so when it is the Monkey's turn he is always with someone else.

Even if the monkey is not the traitor, whoever is will always have 2 other people there at all times.

Guys, do you think that Togashi's new health regimen will allow him to do mini hiatuses? Like maybe instead of being gone for about a year he'll be gone like a month then come back and continue again? Short intense bursts of manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yep. 11 chapters then break. Just like the Chimera Ant arc days.

Hopefully these breaks are shorter since the author comments make it sound like he's doing a lot better now. Maybe someday he'll have an Oda style schedule of 3-4 chapters then a one week break.

ampere

*about to see Kurapika fight a non-spider*

*hiatus*

lol. I just re-read the whole series recently too. Was the first time I had read the volumes and most of the redrawn art, so that was cool. Definitely had forgotten a ton of stuff about Kite and how the Chimera arc ended

Gvitor

Last time we got 9 chapters (0 volumes) with 3 or 4 breaks during publication. This time we got 11 chapters (2 volumes), fucking Chrollo vs Hisoka, and the only break during publication was golden week.

All in all, this was a good run.

vypek

What a great chapter. Very interesting. Togashi's mind seems to be full of well thought out ideas. Nothing in the manga seems to scream out that it doesn't make sense. Although, it would have been easier to handle a hiatus if he didn't end it on such a great chapter. lol

Kyuur

I guess it makes sense that Nen beasts can phase through walls, since Nen itself is immaterial. Pretty hax though. I don't understand why Kurapika went 'yo I'll take care of this' though. The other guy was also a hunter, no? Or do temp hunters not necessarily know Nen?

Hopefully only a couple weeks break but I'm not holding my breath. :( Will be sad to not have this to read next week.

Daingurse

Stuff is really starting to get interesting as of this latest chapter. The introduction of the Parasitic Nen Type is very intriguing. And are as expected, these Nen Beasts completely autonomous. Which is scary as hell, there's no safe place on this ship.

Man this is a brutal time for a hiatus. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it always hurts haha. Togashi is too good.

Last time we got 9 chapters (0 volumes) with 3 or 4 breaks during publication. This time we got 11 chapters (2 volumes), fucking Chrollo vs Hisoka, and the only break during publication was golden week.

All in all, this was a good run.

Yeah, I was really hoping we would be fit for the long haul but he's not going to totally quit with this arc in progress so I'm ok with it.

Top Bottom