• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Guys, do you think that Togashi's new health regimen will allow him to do mini hiatuses? Like maybe instead of being gone for about a year he'll be gone like a month then come back and continue again? Short intense bursts of manga.
I imagine he's working whenever he can, and when a big enough batch of chapters is ready, out they go.

Jigolo

So that old pot from an earlier chapter gives people nen abilities, ay?

Kurapika's gonna take that scrub out. I'm glad the war is starting so quickly and excited to see what happens with the supporting cast like Bisky, Zodiacs, and co

vypek

I guess it makes sense that Nen beasts can phase through walls, since Nen itself is immaterial. Pretty hax though. I don't understand why Kurapika went 'yo I'll take care of this' though. The other guy was also a hunter, no? Or do temp hunters not necessarily know Nen?

Hopefully only a couple weeks break but I'm not holding my breath. :( Will be sad to not have this to read next week.

I thought Kurapika wanted to fight so he could catch the beast, no?

Jigolo

I could've sworn the 3 dudes standing up including the guy who was speaking with Kurapika in the room weren't hunters and are even more out of loop than the two that got tied up.

woopWOOP

Despite indefinite hiatus, this chapter was pretty great. I figured the princes would get a bunch of Stands fitting to their personas, not an army of giant parasites floating throughout the ship to unknowingly murder the shit out of each other. Looks like things will be getting even crazier even faster.

Or you know, however fast it'll be for the next chapter to pop up!

Hope Togashi's getting better atleast :(

Mael

It's an even worse situation than expected.
No one saw the parasite nen coming.
On top of that the teddy bear looking like clearly is a manipulation type...now did anyone catch which monster belongs to which prince?

Add the Beyond situation, the spiders and Hisoka and you have an explosive situation that is going to turn to shit like nothing before.
I mean you'll have the spiders coming up trying to steal the treasure with hisoka basically killing anyone in his path to Kuroro.
The body guards are beyond fucked.

Philippo

Oh man this chapter, the possibilities of how things are going down are endless.
And those beasts? Siiiiiiiiick.

Kurapika must be like "fuck me this job is turning out real ugly" now lol

A hiatus, now? For real Togashi? Praying it comes back as soon as possible.

daveo42

Banned
Hope Togashi is doing okay. Some of his comments on the shape of his body is disheartening and there is definitely alot of physical strain on the body being a manga writer/artist.

For the chapter, things are just flying into the deep end. Crazy parasite nen beasts of all shapes and sizes. That weird nen bear thing asking for a little free time. The succession war bit possibly being fought out straight up by nen. Death everywhere and it's only been a short time since departure. The whole thing is sideways already and there are still two months til they drop off the regular folk. I'd be surprised if even 25% make it that far. Kurapika is a gonna have a hell of a time staying alive himself.

ampere

1 volume per year. That's all we'll get, AT BEST.

I'm a tad bit more optimistic, but honestly I'd take that as long as he doesn't bail completely.

I somewhat expect that we might never see a conclusion to HxH, but the journey has been fun and there's a lot of good stuff to go back to.

GG-Duo

Yep. 11 chapters then break. Just like the Chimera Ant arc days.

Hopefully these breaks are shorter since the author comments make it sound like he's doing a lot better now. Maybe someday he'll have an Oda style schedule of 3-4 chapters then a one week break.

What author comments?

yami4ct

What author comments?

Every week WSJ posts comments from the writers. Togashi's have always been about his medical situation. Talking about how bad it got (having to literally crawl out of bed and get taken to the hospital) or about his recovery process. He's lost a lot of weight, is doing physical therapy, etc.

There is a section in Jump where the mangakas will have their musings and Togashi's are usually about his health. There is at least one scan team that translates and posts them

Viz's WSJ also features a translated selection of those comments. Togashi's are always in there.

1 volume per year. That's all we'll get, AT BEST.

If we got a consistent 1 volume per year, I'd actually be happy with that.

KarasuEXE

What author comments?

9A3THaJ.jpg

9KdTiq8.jpg

Dsr99mk.jpg

2EAoHgJ.jpg

And so forth.

Posted in another thread.

ElFly

Uncontrollable parasite Nen beasts are some shit.

What happens if they attack the beasts...are they like stands where they can kill the owner?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Honest question: how is Togashi not so loaded he can afford the very best in medical care? If commonly cited sales figures are true and he made even 50 yen per volume he'd be fabulously wealthy

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Honest question: how is Togashi not so loaded he can afford the very best in medical care? If commonly cited sales figures are true and he made even 50 yen per volume he'd be fabulously wealthy

All the money in the world doesn't matter if you don't take care of yourself and for a long time it sounds like Togashi didn't and its caught up with him now that he's not a young guy anymore.

Daingurse

I would be perfectly fine if Togashi works for a month and then takes a month break (or any variant of this).

I would not mind such a schedule either. Togashi just needs to do whatever works best for him, and if that means taking a few months off regularly after releasing a string of chapters, then so be it. Having any kind of consistency in regards to getting content would be awesome.

Kyuur

Would be nice but not getting my hopes up so they aren't crushed.

It's too late for me, they're already sky high.

I will be giddy if it comes back within the year. Maybe he's taking notes from Miura (he's also doing shorter breaks as opposed to long ones now right?).

HStallion

It's too late for me, they're already sky high.

I will be giddy if it comes back within the year. Maybe he's taking notes from Miura (he's also doing shorter breaks as opposed to long ones now right?).

Miura might be able to keep up a better pace now that he's made the switch to a digital medium. Hopefully it allows him to work faster and more efficiently. Togashi's issue seems to be that his physical health was really rough for a very long time.

Einhander

Yay. I would be content with bi-weekly chapters at this point.

Dark Continent arc spoiler

Damn, after that
savage slaughter by Hisoka during the aftermath of his fight with Chrollo, I hope we get to see more of that from his personality. I want to see him becoming even more sadistic in murder, because he appears to be pissed off now. That is Hisoka at his best.

Damn, after that
savage slaughter by Hisoka during the aftermath of his fight with Chrollo, I hope we get to see more of that from his personality. I want to see him becoming even more sadistic in murder, because he appears to be pissed off now. That is Hisoka at his best.

I want to see that too, bonus points if Chrollo actually gets pissed off about what he's been doing, i want to see him angry.

HStallion

The biggest reason I'm upset with hiatuses: Once we get to the DC, there is totally a Giant Robot arc in the cards.

I admit Togashi keeps impressing me with the stuff he keeps adding to spice things up. The idea of parasitic Nen is pretty damn interesting. I'm curious what the DC brings to the table, I'm almost expecting the next level power up to be there that shonen's seem to like when they reveal a wider world but with his normal twist.

balgajo

Damn, after that

That's the only thing I care in the moment. I need more Hisoka.

Top Bottom