• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Kyuur

Found this theory through a youtube video linked on the HxH reddit. My mind was blown. I didn't even notice the numerous eyes before due to the overall grotesqueness of the beasts.

qyJdv9O.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Kurapika will confirm everything if he ever sees that god damn thing. He'll probably rage explode the eyes out of his skull though.

He's going to straight up murder the guy if it is, regardless of who is in the room and Melody won't be there to get him to chill.

He's going to straight up murder the guy if it is, regardless of who is in the room and Melody won't be there to get him to chill.
Even if Melody did a Jethro Tull solo it wouldn't be enough to calm Kurapika down in that situation. Either her lungs would give out or she'd leap off the boat to escape Kurapika's murder Nen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even if Melody did a Jethro Tull solo it wouldn't be enough to calm Kurapika down in that situation. Either her lungs would give out or she'd leap off the boat to escape Kurapika's murder Nen.

I think she'd at least be able to convince him to use a plan and not murder him where he stands.

I think she'd at least be able to convince him to use a plan and not murder him where he stands.
Like...maybe. Then again Kurapika ain't driving so at least this time he can't rage drive them off a cliff like with Uvo. Would be funny as fuck if she didn't even try to put in the effort to calm him. "Do what you want." *walks off to the side and smokes a cigarette*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like...maybe. Then again Kurapika ain't driving so at least this time he can't rage drive them off a cliff like with Uvo. Would be funny as fuck if she didn't even try to put in the effort to calm him. "Do what you want." *walks off to the side and smokes a cigarette*

I mean, from what we've seen of their time together she does seem to care about him--to what extent I have no idea--so I don't think she'd let him get into a situation that would result in his certain death.

I mean, from what we've seen of their time together she does seem to care about him--to what extent I have no idea--so I don't think she'd let him get into a situation that would result in his certain death.
True. I always found it funny how in the anime Melody just keeps glancing at Kurapika when he gets into his edgelord mode. She's like, "Dude what's your problem?" I don't think she wants to see her friend die chasing a goal. She almost died chasing after sheet music so I think she knows how a person can be warped by their obsession.

Certain death how? Well, I suppose he can't use emperor time against the bodyguards, but he should be able to against the prince...And he would be able crush him and his nen beast.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Certain death how? Well, I suppose he can't use emperor time against the bodyguards, but he should be able to against the prince...And he would be able crush him and his nen beast.

If he kills the prince in full view of everyone else do you really think he's not going to be captured and put to death? Kurapika is strong, but against numerous Nen powered guards, and with no place to escape to, he'd be in trouble.

If he kills the prince in full view of everyone else do you really think he's not going to be captured and put to death? Kurapika is strong, but against numerous Nen powered guards, and with no place to escape to, he'd be in trouble.

Hmmm, numerous nen powered guards? There don't seem be many at all. Furthermore, unless they are strong, they won't have much of a chance against Kurapika just with his chain. But yeah, it isn't going to go down like that anyway. In the scheme of things, I don't think these princes, even with their nen beasts, are particularly strong. They are just a side show for the Hunters (aside for Kurapika) on the way to the Dark Continent, which is likely to a whole other kettle of fish.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmmm, numerous nen powered guards? There don't seem be many at all. Furthermore, unless they are strong, they won't have much of a chance against Kurapika just with his chain. But yeah, it isn't going to go down like that anyway. In the scheme of things, I don't think these princes, even with their nen beasts, are particularly strong. They are just a side show for the Hunters (aside for Kurapika) on the way to the Dark Continent, which is likely to a whole other kettle of fish.

He's still got nowhere to run and would have an entire army chasing him around the boat. They'd get him at some point. If he were to do it, his best bet would to be just after landfall and to hide the body.

He's still got nowhere to run and would have an entire army chasing him around the boat. They'd get him at some point. If he were to do it, his best bet would to be just after landfall and to hide the body.
He could join his best bros the Phantom Troupe...

So, while I was waiting for the new chapter I checked out the Pariston = Sheila stuff people were discussing earlier in the week. It's a compelling theory, but I'm not at all convinced that Pariston actually took part in the massacre, even if he led the Troupe there.

From a narrative standpoint, it just doesn't make sense to me that Togashi would give Kurapika yet another nemesis by revealing that Pariston slaughtered his clan. Kurapika already has the Troupe and Tserriednich to deal with, and his nen ability is too restrictive to have him fight too many other powerful opponents.

More importantly, Pariston is Ging's nemesis. While we haven't actually seen him do anything evil, it's clear that Togashi wants us to see him as a major threat. The fact that Ging, one of the most powerful hunters in the series and one of the most plot significant characters period, has basically been single-mindedly trumpeting "Pariston is up to something really bad" since he first appeared feels very significant. This a a guy who barely gives a shit about anything, seemingly devoting all of his time and effort towards exposing a colleague he thinks is shady. No way Ging gets the narrative rug pulled out from under him by Kurapika.

What I would totally believe is that Pariston/Sheila revealed the location of the Kurta clan to the Troupe on the condition that they capture a few members alive for him. Ging suspects that Pariston is kidnapping Hunters and stole the remaining Chimera Ant eggs, so why not throw a few Kurta in as well?

Perhaps he's gathering all different types of people for Gyro's empire.

Mael

Did we forget that Pariston has custody of 5000 nen beast the Ant King was about to use for world conquest?
That's about as significant as it gets.

Syntsui

Did we forget that Pariston has custody of 5000 nen beast the Ant King was about to use for world conquest?
That's about as significant as it gets.

Wha chapter did this infor come from? My memory can only go so far with all these yearly breaks >.>

Euphony

Banned
Wha chapter did this infor come from? My memory can only go so far with all these yearly breaks >.>

After the events at East Gorteau happened the governments of the world with the help of the Hunter Association went to work on covering up what actually happened. East Gorteau and NGL, now in ruins, came under the jurisdiction of an international security agency. The agency then designated NGL as a nature preserve and handed it over to the Hunter Association. There was also a panel that showed several Hunter Association blimps converging down onto the collapsed palace where Meruem and Co. were making the 5000 hybrids. This is all in chapters 315 and 317. Later on in chapter 342 when Ging approaches Beyond's group, he taunts Pariston by saying why not unleash the 5000 chimera hybrids he's been hiding.

Mael

After the events at East Gorteau happened the governments of the world with the help of the Hunter Association went to work on covering up what actually happened. East Gorteau and NGL, now in ruins, came under the jurisdiction of an international security agency. The agency then designated NGL as a nature preserve and handed it over to the Hunter Association. There was also a panel that showed several Hunter Association blimps converging down onto the collapsed palace where Meruem and Co. were making the 5000 hybrids. This is all in chapters 315 and 317. Later on in chapter 342 when Ging approaches Beyond's group, he taunts Pariston by saying why not unleash the 5000 chimera hybrids he's been hiding.

Yep,
Remember "X day".
Nu Palm is the baseline for what they were trying to do with the Ant soldiers so don't expect the association to be able to do anything against them.
There currently less than 700 hunters after all.
And most of them were labelled as trash by Hisoka too.

Yep,
Remember "X day".
Nu Palm is the baseline for what they were trying to do with the Ant soldiers so don't expect the association to be able to do anything against them.
There currently less than 700 hunters after all.
And most of them were labelled as trash by Hisoka too.
So the badass Hunter Association is pretty much 10 Jack Bauer's with the rest of them being mooks?

Mael

So the badass Hunter Association is pretty much 10 Jack Bauer's with the rest of them being mooks?

From what we've seen, it's a core of maybe 50 people that are between absurdly good to really good and the rest are pointless fodder.
Hisoka and Illumi decimated a good portion of the association like they were nothing.
They're going to get fucked HARD in the DC.

Considering that even top ranking hunters with stars (Teradein and Bushidora) were wrecked by Hisoka and Illumi, I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Speaking of those two, whatever happened to their other co-conspirator, Loupe? Did he get offed by Hisoka too, or abducted by Pariston? He seems to have totally vanished.

There are a wide variety of very strong Nen users, most of them just aren't hunters.
Wait So Zeno and Silva never took the exam? Also...yeah...PT aren't in the Hunter Association. Maybe people don't want to pay the union dues?
Considering that even top ranking hunters with stars (Teradein and Bushidora) were wrecked by Hisoka and Illumi, I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Speaking of those two, whatever happened to their other co-conspirator, Loupe? Did he get offed by Hisoka too, or abducted by Pariston? He seems to have totally vanished.
Lol, fucking christ. Makes me wonder if Shoot and Knuckle were the best they had. I kind of assumed they had back up, but I guess they didn't.
From what we've seen, it's a core of maybe 50 people that are between absurdly good to really good and the rest are pointless fodder.
Hisoka and Illumi decimated a good portion of the association like they were nothing.
I wonder how many Hunters are going to get eaten by kaiju...

smurfx

get some go again
a lot of hunters hatsus might be very specialized stuff that isn't very suitable for fighting. just because a very strong fighter took them out doesn't mean they can't survive. with that said many will die but you might see some unsuspecting people flourish there.

Slaythe

So, while I was waiting for the new chapter I checked out the Pariston = Sheila stuff people were discussing earlier in the week. It's a compelling theory, but I'm not at all convinced that Pariston actually took part in the massacre, even if he led the Troupe there.

From a narrative standpoint, it just doesn't make sense to me that Togashi would give Kurapika yet another nemesis by revealing that Pariston slaughtered his clan. Kurapika already has the Troupe and Tserriednich to deal with, and his nen ability is too restrictive to have him fight too many other powerful opponents.

More importantly, Pariston is Ging's nemesis. While we haven't actually seen him do anything evil, it's clear that Togashi wants us to see him as a major threat. The fact that Ging, one of the most powerful hunters in the series and one of the most plot significant characters period, has basically been single-mindedly trumpeting "Pariston is up to something really bad" since he first appeared feels very significant. This a a guy who barely gives a shit about anything, seemingly devoting all of his time and effort towards exposing a colleague he thinks is shady. No way Ging gets the narrative rug pulled out from under him by Kurapika.

What I would totally believe is that Pariston/Sheila revealed the location of the Kurta clan to the Troupe on the condition that they capture a few members alive for him. Ging suspects that Pariston is kidnapping Hunters and stole the remaining Chimera Ant eggs, so why not throw a few Kurta in as well?

Perhaps he's gathering all different types of people for Gyro's empire.

The problem is that Chrollo and Hisoka are now mortal enemies.

I think they want to move away from Kurapika's vendetta towards Chrollo specifically. He might overlook it if he learns there was more to the story.

a lot of hunters hatsus might be very specialized stuff that isn't very suitable for fighting. just because a very strong fighter took them out doesn't mean they can't survive. with that said many will die but you might see some unsuspecting people flourish there.
Squala lived...just long enough to be the last one to be beheaded. There's also Ponzu. Sometimes you just randomly walk into a kill box.

Lulubop

The problem is that Chrollo and Hisoka are now mortal enemies.

I think they want to move away from Kurapika's vendetta towards Chrollo specifically. He might overlook it if he learns there was more to the story.

The Spiders will still seek vengeance for Uvo, it's just par for the course

smurfx

get some go again
The Spiders will still seek vengeance for Uvo, it's just par for the course
silva killed one of the spiders and yet they aren't actively going after him. though they will go after kurapika because he's still a threat to them. although they must have noticed that kurapika isn't actively going after them anymore.

Top Bottom