• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Husband travels 160 miles to kill man having an affair with his Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said they all behaved terribly, while assuming that readers are rational enough to understand that murder is worse than cheating (thus not worth mentioning the obvious).

Really? Because "It's well known and documented that people react terribly to infidelity, just another reason not to cheat" seems like some world class victim blaming.

It's not a good reason, but it's a reason.

Ok then.

Damn, did not mean to spark outrage.

Fact, the women was cheating on her husband and he killed the guy.

Did the husband murder the guy over a game of pool? Did he lose a game of basketball and killed him over it?

Are you implying that killing someone over cheating is more ok than killing them over basketball?

Buzzman

Banned
Shooting someone is way too extreme, but you have to feel for people who got cheated on for no good reason. If it wasn't an abusive relationship or something along those lines cheating is pretty shitty.
bound his wife with duct tape and put her in handcuffs in their Corpus Christi home before forcing her to reveal the name of the man she was seeing.
Yeah, that's totally a normal relationship.

Husband is a monster and totally responsable for taking a life. Now I'm not going to judge the wife as we don't know the circumstances surrounding her marriage. For all we know the husband thought he owned her and made it quite difficult for her to leave him.

FODEA

Banned
Oh stop.

You know full well that in this specific instance, GAF has a large amount of people muddying right and wrong with "Well (and its generally she) She shouldn't have cheated." Instead of responding to the act of killing someone. None of what you're saying, has anything to do with original human beings either.

You're totally right, we should all be one dimensional on every issue. It's so simple.

Goliath

I don't understand how people will get mad at the person that their SO cheated with. If my SO cheated on me, I would be pissed at her and not at the guy that she slept with.

That's easy. Because at the end of the day you WANT to believe that your loved one wouldn't knowingly want to hurt. You want to believe they were led a stray by some charismatic manipulative person. And having them crying and begging for your forgiveness helps you sympothize with them.

Now the other person means nothing to you, they only exist in your world as the person who caused you such pain. Much harder to sympothize with in the heat of passion.

Yes it's some mental gymnastics but when your all emotional, sometimes these things makes sense.

Love makes you stupid.

There can be multiple reasons for incidents. Obviously the shooting is the major one, but that doesn't absolve the wife for doing something terrible herself.

Threads like these really only elicit conversations of shifting the blame. What else is there to discuss? Yeah, it sucks, but it should just be left at that instead of trying to diminish or even justify the act of murder. To say the wife is the root of the cause is incredibly inappropriate.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So he shot a total stranger who owed him nothing but the wife whose loyalty he could reasonably expect, and who betrayed him, is unharmed?

The logic of that always escaped me.

Well, it would make the woman suffer more because she would suffer from extreme guilt. Physically unharmed, but you bet she's been hurt.

I am sorry, but trivializing cheating when compared to murder is sorta the sane thing to do. Cheating is wrong, sure, but murder is fucking murder. Everyone always wants to jump on board and blame the woman in these threads, like cheating--->murder is the 'rational' response and she should have expected it, like she jumped in front of train or something. It's disgusting to me.

I don't think anyone actually believes that cheating is the same as murder or worse, thats just the hyperbole. The husband is a scum bag for killing and should be in prison and the wife is a scum bag for cheating. Different levels of scumminess but both still scum. I would be surprised that anyone actually believes in what you posted, but hey this is the internet.

I am sorry, but trivializing cheating when compared to murder is sorta the sane thing to do. Cheating is wrong, sure, but murder is fucking murder. Everyone always wants to jump on board and blame the woman in these threads, like cheating--->murder is the 'rational' response and she should have expected it, like she jumped in front of train or something. It's disgusting to me.

Aside from Ekdrm2d1's ridiculous post, I haven't seen anyone saying that. Obviously the murder is the major deal here, but I think it's important to see how a situation like this escalated. I would assume most on here understand the levity of murdering someone vs cheating on someone, but there can be multiple guilty parties whose actions eventually lead to a tragedy.

Goliath

I don't think anyone knows how they would react until they were in that situation(unless you were in it). What he did was way worse than cheating (cheating is still terrible, if your willing to cheat get out of your relationship). But don't assume he was a terrible husband and caused the cheating. Everybody has a switch that can be flipped and nobody knows how much it would take to cause it to go.

Exactly. What if the example was him walking in on them in his hourse. Would we be surprised if he jumped on top of him and started punching him? Nope. Even a punch to the head in the right place could cause death.

Lautaro

Damn women, forcing men to kill...

Come on, people. If your wife cheats on you, you get a divorce, there's no grey morality here.

Well, I guess that if meat eaters are equivalent to pedophiles, then murder is no worse than adultery :p.

commedieu

Banned
You're totally right, we should all be one dimensional on every issue. It's so simple.

Again, this is a specific issue. With people specifically commenting about cheating leading to someone being shot, so she shouldn't have cheated. But its not as if the sentiment that im responding to is an alien concept. Im being genuine in my responses, if you wanna keep continuing to take a piss, have at it. I'm not saying to be one dimensional about every issue, and how simple it is.

Absolutely. Was she wrong to cheat? Yes, but to not forsee the eventual murder isn't the fault of the wifes. To say that her infidelity led to the death of a man, while true, shouldn't in any way take precedence over the actual murder itself. She did a shit thing, but the murder was unjustifiable and she can't be held accountable for such a terrible outcome.

+1, but thats how the feeling generally is.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Took only one post to get actual victim blaming though.
You are not absolved of Doing something bad/stupid/irresponsible if something worse happens to you.

She's a cheater, she fucked up.
her paramour may have fucked up, depending on if he knew she was married.
her husbands a murderer, he fucked up.

lots of people fucked up in this story, it's not a contest where all the blame goes on the person who fucked up the worst.

Threads like these really only elicit conversations of shifting the blame. What else is there to discuss? Yeah, it sucks, but it should just be left at that instead of trying to diminish or even justify the act of murder. To say the wife is the root of the cause is incredibly inappropriate.

I am not trying to shift any blame, but there are layers to the story. What's intriguing is it is a crime of passion, so I think myself and others want to break down and understand the thought process of the individuals that lead them to something like this. Aside from one user, I haven't seen anyone saying the wife is the root of the cause.

Disgusting that she cheated and disgusting that he killed a guy over it.

He should have divorced her or done something other than kill the damn guy though. Talk about an overreaction.

Exr

Aside from Ekdrm2d1's ridiculous post, I haven't seen anyone saying that. Obviously the murder is the major deal here, but I think it's important to see how a situation like this escalated. I would assume most on here understand the levity of murdering someone vs cheating on someone, but there can be multiple guilty parties whose actions eventually lead to a tragedy.

Absolutely. Was she wrong to cheat? Yes, but to not forsee the eventual murder isn't the fault of the wifes. To say that her infidelity led to the death of a man, while true, shouldn't in any way take precedence over the actual murder itself. She did a shit thing, but the murder was unjustifiable and she can't be held accountable for such a terrible outcome.

No one is saying she isn't guilty of cheating, but she isn't guilty in someone being dead. Those are two very different things.

You are not absolved of Doing something bad/stupid/irresponsible if something worse happens to you.

She's a cheater, she fucked up.
her paramour may have fucked up, depending on if he knew she was married.
her husbands a murderer, he fucked up.

lots of people fucked up in this story, it's not a contest where all the blame goes on the person who fucked up the worst.
Of course it is, there's no story if someone doesn't get murdered.

FODEA

Banned

Is anyone saying she should be held to account or that the guy shouldn't be charged with murder?

Show me something like that before generating fake outrage over your (not you specifically) interpretation of someone else's post.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
whoa guys. cheating is wrong but it doesnt even nearly equate to murder.

No one is saying that. But by cheating she set the wheels in motion, it's not her fault her husband went Rambo on this guy, but she's certainly not guiltless.

Just stop. Murdering someone and cheating on them aren't even in the same sport, let alone the same ballpark. Just because someone makes someone sad is no reason to kill someone and it isn't at all comparable.

PulpFictionJulesWinnfield.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weird focus on the distance he drove when he was intending to commit murder.

I never understood the whole "get mad at the guy she's cheating with thing". I'd be more mad at my spouse, therefore it would make more sense to kill my spouse than some random dude she decided to fuck. Why don't murders use logic.

Oh yeah... because then they probably wouldn't be murderers.

The distance is evidence of pre-meditation as during such a long drive a person who was in a state of mental distress would have had plenty of time to ruminate and calm down. It could greatly change the outcome of a trial.

Lautaro

No one is saying that. But by cheating she set the wheels in motion, it's not her fault her husband went Rambo on this guy, but she's certainly not guiltless.

By that logic the dead guy is also guilty. If he didn't fucked a married woman he wouldn't be dead.

My mom's cousin saw his neighbor coming out of his house after he dropped his daughter off at school. I guess his wife was cheating on him and he ended up choking her out and she died but was brought back. He went to prison for like 8 years and got out a few years ago.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Of course it is, there's no story if someone doesn't get murdered.
People get murdered all the time with no 'story'. We heard about this particular 'story' because someone thought they could sell the circumstances surrounding it.

oddly enough it seems to have been the Border Patrol part that made it news.

I never understood the whole "get mad at the guy she's cheating with thing". I'd be more mad at my spouse, therefore it would make more sense to kill my spouse than some random dude she decided to fuck. Why don't murders use logic.

Oh yeah... because then they probably wouldn't be murderers.

They still "love" the spouse. Easier to take it out on someone where there is no attachment and only hate.

Doran902

It illustrates that it wasn't an in the moment crime of passion, like he walked in on them and beat him with a golf club. It was planned and carried out. He had time to take other action and calm down but chose to plan and carry out a murder.

People get murdered all the time with no 'story'. We heard about this particular 'story' because someone thought they could sell the circumstances surrounding it.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse.

By that logic the dead guy is also guilty. If he didn't fucked a married woman he wouldn't be dead.

And really, if her parents hadn't ever had her, she couldn't have cheated and the husband wouldn't have murdered someone, so really, it's the fault of her parents if anyone.

No one is saying she isn't guilty of cheating, but she isn't guilty in someone being dead. Those are two very different things.

I don't believe one person has said that she is guilty of someone being dead though. Nobody has said that. If we aren't allowed to break down and try to understand the mental steps that the husband took to lead himself to murder someone (and this includes acknowledging what the wife did), then there really is no point in posting the story, because there is no conversation to be had aside from "Wow how terrible of the man".

Edit: Well I take back the "I don't believe one person has said that she is guilty of someone being dead though." since someone did after I posted this...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Well as another poster pointed out, it was a crime of passion and during those hours driving he had time to rethink his actions.

i'd be more pissed at the wife than the guy to be honest.

Hopefully "yell at her and get divorced" pissed, not "murder her in cold blood" pissed :|

I don't believe one person has said that she is guilty of someone being dead though. Nobody has said that. If we aren't allowed to break down and try to understand the mental steps that the husband took to lead himself to murder someone (and this includes acknowledging what the wife did), then there really is no point in posting the story, because there is no conversation to be had aside from "Wow how terrible of the man".

Literally the first reply blamed her for what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom