• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Husband travels 160 miles to kill man having an affair with his Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exr

Is anyone saying she should be held to account or that the guy shouldn't be charged with murder?

Show me something like that before generating fake outrage over your (not you specifically) interpretation of someone else's post.

Reading some of the earlier responses that say "she shouldn't have cheated" or "her need for dick ruined 3 lives" and nothing else has wording that to me puts some blame on the wife. But yeah, nobody is saying the guy is totally innocent or she should go to jail. Just wanted to establish that it's fucked up to put any blame on the murder on the wife.

I am not trying to shift any blame, but there are layers to the story. What's intriguing is it is a crime of passion, so I think myself and others want to break down and understand the thought process of the individuals that lead them to something like this. Aside from one user, I haven't seen anyone saying the wife is the root of the cause.

It really isn't a crime of passion, though. This wasn't an impulsive decision. Also, look at the current discussion going on here. It's not at all about discussing the thought process of the murderer. Not even close, and it rarely ever is.

Why do we stop at the wife cheating and not go further and ask why she felt the need to cheat in the first place?

Because this

he allegedly bound his wife with duct tape and put her in handcuffs
and murder are apparently nothing to bat an eyelash at because another individual cheated. It couldn't possibly be that her husband is a violent psycho she couldn't get away from and this is the end result.

Dude is a simp & deserves to fry.

I had a close call back in '04. I left the house minutes before the husband came home. Not knowing that friends had alerted him that I was there.He beat the shit out of his wife & put her in the ER.

She called me a blamed me cuz it was my Idea to come over. Said some choice words & hung up on her.

It really isn't a crime of passion, though. This wasn't an impulsive decision. Also, look at the current discussion going on here. It's not at all about discussing the thought process of the murderer. Not even close, and it rarely ever is.

Well I thought (hoping) the thread was going to head that way, but I guess I was wrong.

Literally the first reply blamed her for what happened.

This is just going to be a back and forth and no actual discussion is going to happen so I am out. Bad story all around.

Well I thought the thread was going to head that way, but I guess I was wrong.

This is just going to be a back and forth and no actual discussion is going to happen so I am out. Bad story all around.

That was exactly my original point. Now you see.

Didn't see your edit in response to me. Yeah, it would have been nice to discuss things in a different manner but the story has little substance. This happens so often with generic "wife cheated, husband murdered man" stories and the likes.

Dude is a simp & deserves to fry.

I had a close call back in '04. I left the house minutes before the husband came home. Not knowing that friends had alerted him that I was there.He beat the shit out of his wife & put her in the ER.

She called me a blamed me cuz it was my Idea to come over. Said some choice words & hung up on her.

Hmm sleeping with a married person resulted in something bad. Who'd a thunk it.

The guy deserves whatever he's got coming to him, but people in this thread acting like cheating ain't no big deal are fools. It's like going into gang territory and flashing signs. Who the fuck knows how this hurt person will act.

FODEA

Banned
Because this

and murder are apparently nothing to bat an eyelash at because another individual cheated. It couldn't possibly be that her husband is a violent psycho she couldn't get away from and this is the end result.

The guy who tried to kill himself and couldn't possibly have a mental health condition?

Since we're into theories based on nothing - how about she gave up the guy to save her own skin?

wildfire

Banned
Oh stop.

You know full well that in this specific instance, GAF has a large amount of people muddying right and wrong with "Well (and its generally she) She shouldn't have cheated." Instead of responding to the act of killing someone. None of what you're saying, has anything to do with original human beings either.

Well it's generally she because we don't hear as much about women killing people in general. Men are more prone to violence crime as crime stats all over the world show.

I bet you could post an outdated news report about a woman killing in a crime of passion and since too many people only read the thread title and even the remaining few only read the OP you could make a quick manipulative test to see if gender matters in victim blaming.

Buzzman

Banned
Because this

I know someone in who was in a similar situation. She moved in with a guy who turned abusive. She told him she didn't love him, hated him and wanted to move out.
The guy became angry and threatened to kill her if she ever moved. Even though she told him multiple times she didn't want to be together he ignored it and continued to believe they were in a relationship.
If she had "cheated" and gotten killed, would she also be blamed because cheating is apparently the worst thing possible?

The guy deserves whatever he's got coming to him, but people in this thread acting like cheating ain't no big deal are fools. It's like going into gang territory and flashing signs. Who the fuck knows how this hurt person will act.

Moral of the story: never hurt a person because anything they do as a reaction is kinda your fault.

The guy who tried to kill himself and couldn't possibly have a mental health condition?

Since we're into theories based on nothing - how about she gave up the guy to save her own skin?

If your reaction to being cheated on is to falsely imprison your SO then threaten them to reveal the name of the person they are cheating, then drive 160 miles to murder that person, you are a fucking psycho.

Um, you know even specially trained people are easily broken during any sort of violent interrogation right?

Carnby

Exactly. Awful behavior from both husband and wife.

It's well known and documented that people react terribly to infidelity, just another reason not to cheat. And this guy must've been absolutely fuming to have bound his wife and forced her to give him the name of the guy, drive 160 miles, and then shoot him while relatives are home. What the hell, the anger must've fried his brains.

Poor guy. I'm sure he was a wonderful husband.

The Adder

Banned
and people wouldn't be raped if they didn't drink and wear certain outfits.

Just saw this. This equivocation actually bugs me. Rape victims, molested children, victims of serial killers, these are innocent victims. They have done nothing. If someone did something far less extreme to them that person would still be in the wrong. If this guy had just left his wife and slept with the guy he killed's girlfriend instead of assaulting someone and murdering someone else then we'd all be on his side.

His wife and the other guy were the victims of grossly disproportionate retribution for which there is NO justification, but do not equate them to actually innocent people. "A rape victim is no different from a wife who cheats" is not an association the people of the world need to be making.

Exr

What is your angle on this, I'm not getting it.

dan2026

Even if she cheated on him a thousand times, its no excuse for murder.

There is never an excuse for murder.
How can there possibly be an argument?

Just saw this. This equivocation actually bugs me. Rape victims, molested children, victims of serial killers, these are innocent victims. They have done nothing. If someone did something far less extreme to them that person would still be in the wrong. If this guy had just left his wife and slept with the guy he killed's girlfriend instead of assaulting someone and murdering someone else then we'd all be on his side.

His wife and the other guy were the victims of grossly disproportionate retribution for which there is NO justification, but do not equate them to actually innocent people. "A rape victim is no different from a wife who cheats" is not an association the people of the world need to be making.

Who said any of that?

WARCOCK

Banned
Lols at the responses on the first pages that are thinly veiled "DON'T START NO SHIT THEY WON'T GON BE NO SHIT", so many morally questionable gaffers :(

Because it wasn't a spur of the moment decision. Dood drove 2+ hours with the intent to kill.

Because it predetermines that it wasn't a crime of passion.

Thats still a 2-3 hour drive in TX. Plenty of time to calm down and think about your actions.

Ah ok, I can see that. In my mind it didn't seem like a long distance since it's not like he flew across country to kill someone. Plus anyone who kills in a situation like this is crazy so to me distance really doesn't matter much. You're crazy if you go around killing people like this.

What's the legal timeframe for "crime of passion"?

On the flip side, it's also a lot of time to think about some dudes dick in his wife.

At what time do we expect rational thought here? 5 min? An hour?

I'm not sure, but crime of passion in the US I think is defined as temporary insanity, so it relies on the situation and mental wellbeing of the murderer.

commedieu

Banned

I think we have to get on the same page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but choosing not to victim blame is not the same as saying cheating isn't a big deal. Its saying that her actions mean little if anything, they aren't paramount or even worthy of discussing, compared to getting bound/her boyfriend getting shot to death. Dude is unstable and he killed someone.

Why he killed them, is only important if its self defense or if this can really be considered a crime of passion, with the 160 mile drive/the bounding. Im sure legal gaf can chime in on that.

The punishment for cheating in a civil society is divorce. Not murder. I think if we can all discuss what positions people are actually making, it would make for a good thread to share opinions.

FODEA

Banned
Um, you know even specially trained people are easily broken during any sort of violent interrogation right?

The article itself states she had minor injuries due to being tied up for 2 hours.

I don't know what happened I was just making a baseless claim like Devolution.

If your reaction to being cheated on is to falsely imprison your SO then threaten them to reveal the name of the person they are cheating, then drive 160 miles to murder that person, you are a fucking psycho.

Thanks but I'll take the opinions of the various doctors, psychiatrists and maybe psychologists who will actually examine him and his mental state.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The most surprising thing in this whole story is that they subdued a murderer who had them on the run and resisted arrest with just a stun gun. More police need that kind of skill I guess.

The article itself states she had minor injuries due to being tied up for 2 hours.

I don't know what happened I was just making a baseless claim like Devolution.

Thanks but I'll take the opinions of the various doctors, psychiatrists and maybe psychologists who will actually examine him and his mental state.

Baseless claim? Because people who do these things never have a history of any sort of violence. Sure. lol. Keep living in that bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom