• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Vylash

Yep, I think I found a hit series, it is rare for me to sit three hours straight without getting distracted.

Combat system and the self-aware jokes are amazing. Being an anime fan the art style is also awesome!

bCwD57o.jpg

HGH

Banned
Well, there is a Konami-based character in there! Would be great to see some jokes like that slip in there.
Yeah, that was why. It's funny, when I first heard of the game I figured Bamco girl would be the biggest jerk, but since the game's announcement Bamco has been pretty cool and Konami has just...ugh.
Amusingly, I feel like CH managed to predict Konami's meltdown before it actually happened in the real game industry.
And something I never expected is for a game to make me like Capcom again because she has the friendliest, most likable personality around.

Also Dengeki's website is teasing the first DLC character:
4h2GWqq.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amusingly, I feel like CH managed to predict Konami's meltdown before it actually happened in the real game industry.
And something I never expected is for a game to make me like Capcom again because she has the friendliest, most likable personality around.

Sure looking forward to it getting localized :) (Still need to beat V...) I hope IF does a fancier LE for VII, being a non-port console title.

SerTapTap

I love the pair quotes in Neptunia U. Blanc and Vert argue if you pair them up
Sigh...

Pre-ordered: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011576&page=top

I hate Amiami... Why did you have to put this up?!?!?! My wallet... It saddens me so. Or do I sadden it?

It does look really, really nice, though. Well, it is an Alter, after all. The very first Neptunia Alter figure, too.

Fucking FINALLY we get a Neptunia figure that isn't limited, discounted and scalped six ways till sunday and/or fucking awful. Bought immediately.

I mean, Konami HAS been shit for years...actually ALL the new makers in VII are basically "fallen from grace" to put it lightly. Though since the start of this generation Capcom, Squeenix and Bamco have gotten better while Konami got even worse to an amazing degree.

Where's the scene were K-Sha drowns Peashy

Rizzi

That's Re;birth 1 completed.
Now, do I play Re;birth 2 on the Vita, wait for it to hit Steam, or play Hyperdevotion Noire.
Decisions, decisions.

SerTapTap

I kinda wish more JRPGs were around 20 hours. I still need to get through Noire (absolutely use a guide if you want all the trophies in that one, and it also has some excessively grindy trophies os I don't recommend 100%). Either one is fine next. I started with Mk2, it's a good one other than focusing on the CPU candidates (half of which I don't like, sorry Rom and Ram). Noire is something different at least, though IMO the writing isn't as good and I tend to prefer the main game's combat system (post Victory) anyway.

There're Dengeki scans out showing art of the 1st DLC character (who I think's now confirmed as Million Arthur), but it's a full body version of the concept sketch that HGH posted above rather than her finalised character art. Not usually a fan of knight styled characters, but she actually looks pretty decent.

Gradon

I ordered Noire anyway, as I wanna play the spin-offs in order of release (and it was £5 cheaper than Neptunia U). Will probably get U sometime next month. When do you guys think V-2 will be announced for localization?

HGH

Banned
Either before or right after E3. The original VII announcement for PS4 was at the end of June last year, and IF are way too small to even be featured there. So they'll mention it at the end of May before all the big news comes out, or a week after E3 while everyone's calming down from the news.

I'm worried about the timeframe of its release though. Everything from October to February is way too dangerous to release a new PS4 JRPG when you've got shit like Disgaea 5, Persona 5 and FF15 coming out.
I know OQ had a quick turnaround because they had FOUR translators working on it at the same time but VII is a pretty massive game compared to any of the other titles in the series. Late November is what I feel would be the earliest they'd release it.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's Re;birth 1 completed.
Now, do I play Re;birth 2 on the Vita, wait for it to hit Steam, or play Hyperdevotion Noire.
Decisions, decisions.

Isn't R2 on Steam like less than a week away? Or am I misremembering

SerTapTap

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2/collabo/

Concept sketch of Million now up on the VII website.

Outfit's not bad, not amazing, love the crown though

I've never had an issue with Amiami's packaging. Probably the best place to import figures from.

Yeah AmiAmi is great, I wouldn't worry much.

Either before or right after E3. The original VII announcement for PS4 was at the end of June last year, and IF are way too small to even be featured there. So they'll mention it at the end of May before all the big news comes out, or a week after E3 while everyone's calming down from the news.

I'm worried about the timeframe of its release though. Everything from October to February is way too dangerous to release a new PS4 JRPG when you've got shit like Disgaea 5, Persona 5 and FF15 coming out.
I know OQ had a quick turnaround because they had FOUR translators working on it at the same time but VII is a pretty massive game compared to any of the other titles in the series. Late November is what I feel would be the earliest they'd release it.

Hope they pick a good time. I'm pretty meh on timeframe concerns in general, I'll buy stuff anyway but I know it matters a lot business-wise.

I stumbled into Rebirth 2's metacritic a while ago, it's funny to see review scores not actually picking up on dramatic improvements in the series, lol. I'm pretty sure there's a wide swath of people who would never accept the series regardless of quality.

jonno394

I see all 3 Neptunia LE's have now sold out on the Iffy Europe store. Happy for !f and just means i'll be ordering my LEs as soon as they're up in future!

SerTapTap

I see all 3 Neptunia LE's have now sold out on the Iffy Europe store. Happy for !f and just means i'll be ordering my LEs as soon as they're up in future!

Reb 2 was the only slow sell-out I think, hoping they have plenty of rebirth 3 too, but I'll definitely be buying immediately as always.

HGH

Banned
I stumbled into Rebirth 2's metacritic a while ago, it's funny to see review scores not actually picking up on dramatic improvements in the series, lol. I'm pretty sure there's a wide swath of people who would never accept the series regardless of quality.
Well get this: according to IGN, HDN1 and RB1 are of the same general quality.
Not that most reviews should be taken seriously but that's a pretty ridiculous comparison. Although what bugs me is when sites review one game but don't do the sequel. Back when Digital Devil Saga came out there was way less follow-up on DDS2 and that bugged me to no end.
Also it would seem that U has the highest score in the series now. I'm guessing easy button mashers make for easy reviews.

SerTapTap

I pretty much ignore reviews for niche games, especially from mainstream sites. One of my hopes when making my site was being able to review niche stuff from a mindset of someone who does enjoy that sort of game. To me it's pretty useless to get, say, a bullet hell review from someone who doesn't like the genre. Their score will be low, their complaints won't map to what fans of the genre think, what use is that garbage to me?

And scores are the worst, it really does feel like they "need" to give lower scores to smaller games and compare them to XTreme Cool McAAA and so on.

Crayten

Banned
I pretty much ignore reviews for niche games, especially from mainstream sites. One of my hopes when making my site was being able to review niche stuff from a mindset of someone who does enjoy that sort of game. To me it's pretty useless to get, say, a bullet hell review from someone who doesn't like the genre. Their score will be low, their complaints won't map to what fans of the genre think, what use is that garbage to me?

And scores are the worst, it really does feel like they "need" to give lower scores to smaller games and compare them to XTreme Cool McAAA and so on.

Same for me i ignore 99% of every avaible review except for 1-2 sites like rpgfan. The mainstream media is pretty biased in terms of niche title so not even worth reading.

Shizuka

During class, I showed my boyfriend a screenshot from Neptunia U. He asked me why was one of the girls half-naked, I answered because she can.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Same for me i ignore 99% of every avaible review except for 1-2 sites like rpgfan. The mainstream media is pretty biased in terms of niche title so not even worth reading.

I sometimes look at scores, but more for curiosity. I know niche stuff get garbage scores all the time. I like looking at RPGamer, and mostly for the length of a game. That's something, especially for an rpg, that is essential to see in a review. Sometimes I just want a quicky, than another super long game.

Most mainstream reviews talk about how disgusting/fanservicey the game is and focus on that. Then there are the CH haters...

SerTapTap

I just realized Nep U would have been the perfect game to finally have Neptune's cute undershirt thing in a game (it's not shown)

Also, Ram was a mistake.
CFA3qlfUsAMHfut.png:large

Most mainstream reviews talk about how disgusting/fanservicey the game is and focus on that. Then there are the CH haters...

Now we get both! Speaking of reviews, still not sure if I should do video or text for nep u, leaning video and I'll just leave out story stuff (but I'll talk about it, more review than let's play)

Was wondering why we hadn't heard much about it until now. I like these deep discounts right off the bat though, makes it that much easier to not be on the fence about whether or not to get it on release.

N° 2048

I love that the PC has higher res but after I finish Rebirth 1 on PC I am getting 2 and 3 on Vita. Thinking physical.

SirChop

Neo Member
RB1 didn't include all of it at launch

also plug plug, shameless review plug

RB1 did not include all of the DLC in the package at launch, but the 50% off launch special did apply to all of the DLC at launch.

Speaking of which, when they launched the DLC, there was a mistake and not all of the DLC went on sale immediately. If the same happens with RB2, it'll be worth waiting a day or so and seeing how things shake out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nup Nup and Vort?

Waiting for my U LE to ship. Usually IF ships them out a few days before. Probably end up shipping tomorrow.

pariah164

Well, with Project Mirai more than likely delayed, I may just buy Neptunia U, but I gotta know: is the combat as fun as it is in Shinovi Versus? I saw some gameplay, and it looked kind of boring to me.

SerTapTap

Who's got two feet and had his microphone record far too loud yet again? This spikeball. Ruined my first shot at a video for this, will try and get one up tonight. But spoilers, I really enjoyed it, best of the Nep side games so far, very good humor though there's less dialog than normal. Combat is different enough from Shinovi Versus IMO, though if you don't like that sort of gameplay you probably won't like this either. Character play style variety is pretty good, though the unique attacks per character is limited just like in SK. Has a good amount of postgame content but postgame content isn't really well balanced to level. The game probably should have capped at level 50 and made all postgame content playable but difficult at 50 IMO.

Well, with Project Mirai more than likely delayed, I may just buy Neptunia U, but I gotta know: is the combat as fun as it is in Shinovi Versus? I saw some gameplay, and it looked kind of boring to me.

It's a bit different, I enjoyed it about as much, but it's more about beating up hordes of mobs than the 1v1 boss battles.

Does it include all the DLC at launch like RB1 did?

You mean "will it have all DLC available to buy"? Nep 1 only had a single ($1) DLC for free, the first level cap one I think. This one also only has $6 total worth of DLC

I love that the PC has higher res but after I finish Rebirth 1 on PC I am getting 2 and 3 on Vita. Thinking physical.

I just buy everything at this point, though I don't really play the PC ones...I figure I can replay them years later with something to give me all the costumes, all the characters but still start at level 1.

N° 2048

Any tips for the R4i-SDHC + Killachine bosses in Avenir Storage 3 (Rebirth; 1) ?

Killachine hands my ass to me. Around level 17 for each character.

SerTapTap

I have no idea what levels are good for what, but in general make sure you take a run through each optional dungeon, use the +HP (life ring) items for gear, and if you have EXE gauge, spamming Rush and EXE attacks can be really OP. Plutia is also quite OP if you have her. Ditch Compa if you haven't already and have...literally anyone else. Use items to heal.

Speaking of back to back boss fights, I was super pleased Omega Quintet doesn't do those at all, but I thought I heard VII has at least one? I really hate that design, punishes you for going all out against a boss like any reasonable person should be doing.

Top Bottom