• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

SerTapTap

I'll definitely be up for playing the Blanc game online. ...though like every game I say that for I'll probably never get around to arranging actual play sessions, but still.

Peashy is PC

PC Engine, very different. That's why she's bee themed.

Come to think of it, it's weird VII reverted to the pre-Victory clothes since none of the CPUs look anything like their consoles/brands beyond color. All the new stuff in Victory (and VII) looks way more hardware-inspired. They didn't even keep the better, more relevant HDD forms (hoping the Victory models are in as options? I haven't gotten any alt processor units so far).

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
What is the relationship with the bee suit?
latest

The TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment SuperSystem, originally known in Japan as the PC Engine (PCエンジン Pī Shī Enjin?), is a home video game console joint-developed by Hudson Soft and NEC

HGH

Banned
Man, the Neptunia U music is really damn good. Who was the composer for that again? Did they borrow someone from Tamsoft?
Yeah I think Rebirth 2 was their attempt at showcasing more new characters, while I really like Nepgear and Uni I don't think it went the best (decent game but the characters feel a bit limited). VII seems to have the right idea in keeping the full main cast and the candidates, and some new people, but
goddamn it they focus on Planeptune too much yet again. Played all weekend and still have not gotten control of a non-planeptune character.
I'm not gonna spoil anything but I'm just gonna say based on this and that AskFM question that you've barely scratched the surface of the game. Like, you've almost reached a quarter maybe. You'll know where very soon. Don't forget this is 3 games stapled together!
Also I must say I'm kinda glad you game over'd. If there's anything I'd request during localization it's a harder mode or a switch for tougher enemies.

EDIT: Some mildly amusing info on the Blanc game from preorder info.
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44911892.html
Pre order: Soundtrack CD(21 tracks)
Limited edition: Drama CD

●ブラン(阿澄佳奈)
監督&脚本。
Blanc
Director and script

●ネプテューヌ(田中理恵)
映画研究会部長。
Neptune
Film club head

●ノワール(今井麻美)
生徒会副会長。
Noire
Student council vice president

●ベール(佐藤利奈)
生徒会長。
Vert
Student council president
Film Club head eh? I wonder why they went with the movie aesthetic. Are there even that many zombie movies these days?

SerTapTap

Man, the Neptunia U music is really damn good. Who was the composer for that again? Did they borrow someone from Tamsoft?

I'm not gonna spoil anything but I'm just gonna say based on this and that AskFM question that you've barely scratched the surface of the game. Like, you've almost reached a quarter maybe. You'll know where very soon. Don't forget this is 3 games stapled together!
Also I must say I'm kinda glad you game over'd. If there's anything I'd request during localization it's a harder mode or a switch for tougher enemies.

Composers (I think) are listed in the music menu for each song. And yeah the new music is good. Between that and Nep VII they've stepped up music in general, though I've always liked it.

Yeah, I just got to G Dimension, I knew something like this was coming. Still, a bit annoyed to start off spending so much time with more Nep. Kinda hoped they'd start just throwing the 4 main CPUs at you to start with at the least. I do like the
story select
aspect of G dimension though.

Yeah it hasn't been super hard yet but I'm also just starting and there's not much to DO so higher difficulty at this point would be more like more damage/health which is eh. Though I do like the idea the first game had for difficulty--both you and enemies die faster.

(hudson bee)

RIP Hudson. Why did K-Sha have to kill you.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think people are going to be confused with the papercraft figure. It's not made out of paper (almost like a metal?) and it's pretty tiny, at least the ones I've seen before, unless this one is bigger.

MUnited83

For you.
I've been trying to get it to start for like 30 minutes with no luck, this doesn't bode well

Mine started without issues.

Seems to be locked at 1080p like the previous game.
Performance in-game is pretty smooth, didn't notice any framedrops.
Slightly choppy cutscenes but I think that's just a issue with my PC.

Crayten

Banned
So what i like to ask before i start Rebirth 2 on Friday. How good/bad is the translation compared to the first one ?

SerTapTap

So what i like to ask before i start Rebirth 2 on Friday. How good/bad is the translation compared to the first one ?

The first Rebirth is pretty much the only one I recall with notable translation issues and they were still pretty minor. The others are pretty much on the level of "there might be an extra space after an apostrophe s (this is an oddly common mistake) or a slightly awkward line every few hours".

Aside from "loli-cute" what was so bad about rebirth 1 anyway? I don't recall nearly enough issues to justify the complaints about it.

Crayten

Banned
The first Rebirth is pretty much the only one I recall with notable translation issues and they were still pretty minor. The others are pretty much on the level of "there might be an extra space after an apostrophe s (this is an oddly common mistake) or a slightly awkward line every few hours".

Aside from "loli-cute" what was so bad about rebirth 1 anyway? I don't recall nearly enough issues to justify the complaints about it.

Nothing at all i was just wondering because of this thread here in steam forums. http://steamcommunity.com/app/351710/discussions/0/618463106370345217/

Risette

A Good Citizen
lol at people complaining about that when that kind of language is perfect for neptune, these nerds need to sit down
nah, it's pretty lame. re;birth's localization is funny. it doesn't need to be super literal or even accurate (i doubt neptune made zelda references or said revengeance in the original rebirth script) but that sort of rewriting in those post-re;birth 1 shots is just unfunny. reads like they modeled the characters after people like this

is this nisa guy the same genius who changed a character name to esty dee in atelier because HAHA STD SO FUNNY?

Lucentto

Banned
Well, after playing the Neptunia VII demo for about twenty minutes. I may have to rethink my plans of not buying the game when it gets localized, not bad.

Gradon

My download of the demo is taking forever and its 4am.
Gonna rest mode my PS4. Thanks very much for the heads up by the way.
I'm super excited for V-II it's unreal how much I need this game, I love everything that they've shown and the jump in quality from the original Neptunia release in 2010 is great.

SerTapTap

So no good English guides for Neptunia VII yet? I just found that
scouts,Disc Creation and quests all return
so a guide would be increasingly useful.

Hope people enjoy the demo, I won't bother since I have the game, but Im' really happy with the performance (outside of one map so far) and yes even the graphics, aside from some low-poly issues in the clothes and some slightly funky rigging/clipping in character animations I noticed when freeze framing screenshots.

Praise the lord, one of the few good figs, and it was way too pricy to get otherwise. Now re-release the Nepgear/Uni ones with proper skin tone, eyes and face and get us Vert/Blanc. I really hope that between this and the Alter Black Heart they're finally taking this more seriously.

My download of the demo is taking forever and its 4am.
Gonna rest mode my PS4. Thanks very much for the heads up by the way.
I'm super excited for V-II it's unreal how much I need this game, I love everything that they've shown and the jump in quality from the original Neptunia release in 2010 is great.

It's depressing how much this is ignored. The series has made amazing strides in a period where most series stagnated or faltered. But lots of people don't care about the reality they just want to say "lol compile heart"

Nothing at all i was just wondering because of this thread here in steam forums. http://steamcommunity.com/app/351710/discussions/0/618463106370345217/

Oh no the literal translation only weebs have descended upon steam. Oh well, I don't think IFI gives a fuck about these morons. (they're basically actively mocked in Neptunia U's postgame)

SerTapTap

that was THE BEST

NOWARU~~~

Was super timely too, the same people were complaining that IFI didn't keep Takt's mispronounced name in Omega Quintet. There is zero reason to ever maintain a Japanese re-pronunciation of a foreign word like that. It'd be like giving everyone heavy American accents when localizing an American game into Japanese.

Edit: DOGOO PLUSH. Frick, where can I get one? I collect plushes and this is adorable. Their mild creepiness doesn't come through in plush form fortunately.

SerTapTap

yo i downloaded the vii demo and levelling up no longer refills your health what the fuck

Yeah pretty sure the main game doesn't do that either. You're supposed to return to "base" to heal up. Health up on level up was always a bit awkward anyway, it results in extremely erratic and unplanned difficulty anti-spikes. Super glad Nep U doesn't do that, for instance, unlike SK.

The game has a few other obvious balance tweaks like a per item carry limit, it's 30 for most healing items instead of 99, and EXE is now a valuable resource you build up within the battle instead of an instant-win button you can grind before a boss fight.

Gradon

I noticed the lack of level up heal, felt very odd. The dungeons are beautful, and the frame rate is drool worthy. IFI need to announce this ASAP! Also what are the requirements for formation skills? I couldn't get Nep, Gear and Uzumes to work?

I've got a 14 hour flight tomorrow and need to decide between getting Hyperdevotion and Neppu U. Which do you guys think would be better for such an extended play session? lol

N° 2048

Man, I ended up dropping Rebirth; 1 after 10 hours because I only have it on PC and can't find time to play anymore :(

Starting Rebirth; 2 on the Vita since the Vita is always with me.

Top Bottom