• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Volcynika

I continue my quest through the game, finally entered Chapter 4!

Random excerpts I enjoyed:

BK2mZJH.jpg

fcnwZu0.jpg

qPynDsJ.jpg

Also some videos since some sequences were longer than a screen (ARGH I REQUIRE MORE ENGLISH VA NISA D:):

Why was Iris Heart nice?
Kids say the darndest things
Vert's full reveal

I haven't messed much with the blank discs and such at this point, so not sure what to put on them yet.

Also the game crashed sorta before the (end of Ch3)
Mr. Badd fight
. It didn't freeze, but it just kinda stopped being able to progress in the dialogue. It was weird. I could do all the turn skip/auto/pause/etc on, but it wouldn't proceed.

Volcynika

You might want to be careful since
at this point if you're going for the good/true endings you'll need to grab 2 items in chapter 5. And 3 in chapter 6.

Are the two items in Ch.5 items from IF and Compa? I got those I think.

Think I may go for the true end first, just so I can get it out of the way since I'm trying to balance multiple games at once.

Are the two items in Ch.5 items from IF and Compa? I got those I think.

Think I may go for the true end first, just so I can get it out of the way since I'm trying to balance multiple games at once.

Yes, those
are the correct ones. They should be in your key items list. The other 3 are obtained in Chapter 6. To avoid spoilers, simply make sure you view any events in Planeptune as they pop up and you should get all 3 of them.

I think I managed that fight by having Neptune tank and working on the break gauge. Sometimes other party members will get attacked which might be problematic depending on whether they get one shotted or not.

Regardless, it's recommended you go in with maxed out EXE gauge and work on that break gauge so your EXE drives will do the most damage possible.

Volcynika

I think I managed that fight by having Neptune tank and working on the break gauge. Sometimes other party members will get attacked which might be problematic depending on whether they get one shotted or not.

Regardless, it's recommended you go in with maxed out EXE gauge and work on that break gauge so your EXE drives will do the most damage possible.

Any recommended EXE drives to use for the highest damage? I also just recently remembered I could change my CPU parts and upped some people's stats with it.

My levels are closer to 45-50, with Noire being my lowest at 45 I think. I did some damage but the glorious mechanic of bosses regenerating health put it right back up at the top ;_;

Hopefully I can get through it later today. I also got
Nep's pudding
which I thought wasn't until the next chapter. Also is the next chapter when I
get Yellow Heart?

Any recommended EXE drives to use for the highest damage? I also just recently remembered I could change my CPU parts and upped some people's stats with it.

My levels are closer to 45-50, with Noire being my lowest at 45 I think. I did some damage but the glorious mechanic of bosses regenerating health put it right back up at the top ;_;

Hopefully I can get through it later today. I also got
Nep's pudding
which I thought wasn't until the next chapter. Also is the next chapter when I
get Yellow Heart?

Noire's Infinite Slash and Plutia's T. Blade Kick are pretty good for the fight if I remember correctly. If
Arfoire
is weak to magic then Plutia's will deal more damage especially during break status. Dealing with the regen can be difficult at times. I've sometimes had to let the enemy regenerate a bit so I could heal up then knock them back down with EXE's during guard break status.

You don't get
Yellow Heart until Chapter 9 if I remember correctly. And that's only if you're going for the Good/True endings.

The 3 items you can get in Chapter 5 are
Compa's Syringe, IF's Book, Nep's Pudding.

The other two are gained in events at the beginning of Chapter 6.

Volcynika

Noire's Infinite Slash and Plutia's T. Blade Kick are pretty good for the fight if I remember correctly. If
Arfoire
is weak to magic then Plutia's will deal more damage especially during break status. Dealing with the regen can be difficult at times. I've sometimes had to let the enemy regenerate a bit so I could heal up then knock them back down with EXE's during guard break status.

You don't get
Yellow Heart until Chapter 9 if I remember correctly. And that's only if you're going for the Good/True endings.

The 3 items you can get in Chapter 5 are
Compa's Syringe, IF's Book, Nep's Pudding.

The other two are gained in events at the beginning of Chapter 6.

Oh ok. I thought the
items you needed you could only get 2 in Ch5, and then the other 3 in Ch6. But fine that I only need two more

Yeah, Plutia's T. Blade Kick seems to be my most used EXE for the most part, it just does the most damage when I was fighting the other bosses in the chapter. And boo-urns to
no Yellow Heart till Ch9

I'm going to try the fight again later today, I was trying to do some quests but I have zero clue about where I could find the enemies/items it is requesting of me.

I also noticed some of the outfits I made by using Invisible Cloth and one of the cheaper outfits can sell for a LOT of money. May have to abuse that a bit!

Oh ok. I thought the
items you needed you could only get 2 in Ch5, and then the other 3 in Ch6. But fine that I only need two more

Yeah, Plutia's T. Blade Kick seems to be my most used EXE for the most part, it just does the most damage when I was fighting the other bosses in the chapter. And boo-urns to
no Yellow Heart till Ch9

I'm going to try the fight again later today, I was trying to do some quests but I have zero clue about where I could find the enemies/items it is requesting of me.

I also noticed some of the outfits I made by using Invisible Cloth and one of the cheaper outfits can sell for a LOT of money. May have to abuse that a bit!

The items you can make with Invisible Cloth do sell for a ton of cash. I would recommend selling a few just so you don't have to worry about cash and can upgrade your weapons/armor as needed.

Also, for quests there is MasterLL's Quest Guide.

You should be able to find everything you need with that.

Just wondering, is it possible to jump into the series with this game? Or should I play the first and second beforehand?

I started the series with this game. There are references to previous games from what I've seen but it's mostly a self-contained story so there shouldn't be any issues if you decide to start with this one.

You can also use youtube if you want to see the story scenes for the previous games.

I think I might end up picking up Neptunia Mk2 if I can find a copy somewhere.

Volcynika

Hooray, partway through Ch6, and I got the
rest of the items. Have the syringe, the book, pudding, plush, and drawing.

Also there's some dimension stage with an event in Lastation, but I can't even find out where it is, I just kinda get to a point where I can't progress.

Hooray, partway through Ch6, and I got the
rest of the items. Have the syringe, the book, pudding, plush, and drawing.

Also there's some dimension stage with an event in Lastation, but I can't even find out where it is, I just kinda get to a point where I can't progress.

Synthesize the jumping star item. Should have gotten the recipe at some point in Chapter 5.

Magic Stone from the R4i-SDHC in the Kurzarat Facility 1 in Lastation.

Phantom Bird Wing from the Roc at Suaho Mountain Range.

AG System from Main Character Ricky in the Wanderer's Cave. Make sure the flag is up then send in your scouts till you get an enemy change notification, accept it to change the strong enemy there to Main Character Ricky.

After you synthesize it, you should be able to jump over the ledge that leads to where the event is. I believe it's for
Noire's Legendary Creator Weapon/skills.

Volcynika

Made it to Ch8, and now I'm just kinda cleaning up on quests before I make some forward progress. I'd be pretty annoyed if that guide didn't exist.

Volcynika

Yeah, unfortunately for me I found out about it after I beat the game. Would have been helpful for getting those Nepstation scores for each chapter.

Yeah I just need the perfect score thing once at least. The enemies I'm killing will give me a 10 there, I'm doing a ton of scouting, just need to do enough quests and I'm assuming the shares score is relative to Neptune's shares only?

Yeah I just need the perfect score thing once at least. The enemies I'm killing will give me a 10 there, I'm doing a ton of scouting, just need to do enough quests and I'm assuming the shares score is relative to Neptune's shares only?

You need 50% Planeptune shares or more for a perfect 10 in that category.

Ahh. Good to know! I have some quests where I can just accept and turn in to get more Planeptune shares. Is there any sort of quest amount required, or is it based on amount + a factor of what quest rank it is?

The answer on that seems a bit unclear. It looks like doing all quests that become available in that chapter should theoretically give you a 10. For shares it doesn't matter how you get them, just as long as you end with 50% or more.

Scouts and battles were the easiest for me since I just spammed scouts every chance I got and mostly fought everything that got in my way.

Volcynika

The answer on that seems a bit unclear. It looks like doing all quests that become available in that chapter should theoretically give you a 10. For shares it doesn't matter how you get them, just as long as you end with 50% or more.

Scouts and battles were the easiest for me since I just spammed scouts every chance I got and mostly fought everything that got in my way.

Well I guess I know what I'm doing after work, the quest guide will be my friend.

I have about 27 million credits so I get to spam scouts a good amount, and can easily refill my money supply when needed. BUY ALL THE THINGS.

How long did people end up taking hour-wise on their first run? I'm already at 32-33 hours I think. Trying to hard to finish before Soul Hackers.

Mine was around 50. I didn't do every quest so it definitely would have been longer if I decided to do them.

I'm planning on picking it up again and finishing them all with the quest guide though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I only played the first chapter since I'm waiting for character DLC. I'm in no rush to play it since I already beat it last year before the DLC was released in Japan.

Sorian

Banned
So I was perusing this thread and I may have totally missed this but this game looks right up my alley since I love myself moe and quarky battle systems. My question, would it be in my interest to play other games in this series? It looks like this is the third one?

Edit: Actually I was looking around again and now I see that the recommendation is to skip the first one but play Mk2 which I assume is the second?

Volcynika

So I was perusing this thread and I may have totally missed this but this game looks right up my alley since I love myself moe and quarky battle systems. My question, would it be in my interest to play other games in this series? It looks like this is the third one?

Edit: Actually I was looking around again and now I see that the recommendation is to skip the first one but play Mk2 which I assume is the second?

Yeah, mk2 is the second.

Also is "4th Dimension" (from the bonus CD) a boss track? I looooooooove it.

I started with Victory and loved it. Of course if you want to play MK2 first I don't see any issue with that. I'm probably going to get it myself once I take a look around the local shops.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So what exactly is the DLC schedule for this game?

Was going to get into it today but I noticed that most of the DLC isnt out yet. Any idea when the characters and the like will be availble? =\

Sad thing is, I bought the US version over the PAL version partially because I thought the US DLC release schedule would be better (especially after the Mk2 Skill Pack issues).

RyoonZ

Banned
I just started this game after platinum'd mk2. I've played the original Neptunia too. Each game in this series improved a lot. I'm happy they bring back the 2D Character Art in the event scene. The graphic improves too, did they use cel-shading in this one? It looks great. Also the music, is all the new song composed by Nobuo Uematsu and his team? It feels more elaborate, If I'm not wrong the main screen and the world map theme are by Uematsu.

I hope NISA localize all of the announced Vita Neptunia games and the anime. Especially the Idol one, we don't have English Idol management game right?

Volcynika

I have made zero progress in over a week in this game. After 33 hours overtime last week, and work still being busy, I can't wait till this project is done so I can relax a day or two. D: But when I get back, it's more quest cleaning up!

Lockon

Just got platinum trophy woohoo clocking in at 65 hours. Took more time than I thought. Guess it was probably getting 5-6 ultimate weapons and accessories that took some time.

My opinion on the game:
Game improved from mk2 by a bit. More stable framerate, better graphic, combat could be improve a bit or more balance since couple skills are useless.

Story and characters are great for this kind of game, made me laugh too much even my sister laughed hard. I like Vert the most in this game for some reason but I like Neptune the most in the first game, and Noire/Uni in Mk2.

Endings: thank god for no yandere ending like mk2 even though I enjoyed it the first time because it was random and doesn't fit in this kind of game. Couldn't ask for more.

Now I hope (just like everyone else) NISA bring over all the Neptunia games that announced for vita. Also, compile heart should consider doing a game like the ending credit I would be all over it.

Volcynika

I just go to Chapter 9, then ended up going for an optional fight where I lost. D: I can try again later, just wasn't sure what was going to happen with that situation.

Good to see that people are still enjoying the game.

I'm planning on returning soon but first I have to get through Dragons' Dogma: Dark Arisen and Atelier Ayesha.

After that I should be rejuvenated enough for some more Nep Victory.

Volcynika

I was going to go for the perfect score stuff but I can easily get that on my NG+ run anyways. I want to see the true ending pronto! (While I have free time. Hopefully can do all the required events in Ch 9 tonight to get that).

Also probably two of my favorite lines when I was playing last night.

Top Bottom