• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Stuart444

So I'm curious, what do people here recommend? Do true ending first playthrough (after using a separate save for the normal/good end) or do that on the second playthrough overpowered?

So I'm curious, what do people here recommend? Do true ending first playthrough (after using a separate save for the normal/good end) or do that on the second playthrough overpowered?

I did the good ending first on separate saves. Then I loaded before the chapter
bossfight and did the requirements for the true ending before continuing on.

You'll know if you're on the good ending because
only Neptune and Plutia will port over

For true ending
everyone will port over and you can go back and forth between the two dimensions.

Volcynika

It's a little thing, but I like how all the trophies' descriptions have something from Neptune talking about it. Person in charge of that must have had some fun.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got done with the Z medal boss and I had to use 50 revive items; went in without any EXE so I guess it went better than expected!

Lusankya

Well, more than enough new Neptunia games are announced so I guess we will see one for the PS4 sooner or later.

I never thought I would like such a game, but currently I am just a few hours away to platin Mk2 and will then get me Victory. The game play is only okayish, but I really like all the characters and the humor of the game.

Volcynika

Almost done with Chapter 2 I think. Want to finish a few quests before heading to what I think is the boss. Amusing dialogue I capped from my stream:

a5qZHnb.jpg

IxAvWvW.jpg

JLgkfNj.jpg

jCl8bVN.jpg

Stuart444

So I just lost to the boss on Chapter 5 (
Anonydeath
) -_- thanks to those things with him. Took one out but the boss hit hard enough to keep Neptune 3 or so times in a row so I kept having to waste a turn to revive her and before long, 3 people of my 4 party members got taken out in one turn.

Meh, I'll take a break and try again later.

So I just lost to the boss on Chapter 5 (
Anonydeath
) -_- thanks to those things with him. Took one out but the boss hit hard enough to keep Neptune 3 or so times in a row so I kept having to waste a turn to revive her and before long, 3 people of my 4 party members got taken out in one turn.

Meh, I'll take a break and try again later.

If you don't want multiple members to get taken out keep them spaced out away from each other.

On that fight I managed to take out the
skill and item disablers
in 2 turns. Just focus fire them and take them out as quickly as possible. If your characters are getting one shotted don't bother healing them after reviving and use any AGI down/up abilties so you can dodge tank.

Also, if you haven't already get Life Rings for all of your characters.

Worst thing though is when a boss gets 2-3 turns in a row.

Stuart444

If you don't want multiple members to get taken out keep them spaced out away from each other.

On that fight I managed to take out the
skill and item disablers
in 2 turns. Just focus fire them and take them out as quickly as possible. If your characters are getting one shotted don't bother healing them after reviving and use any AGI down/up abilties so you can dodge tank.

Also, if you haven't already get Life Rings for all of your characters.

Worst thing though is when a boss gets 2-3 turns in a row.

I bought Life Rings since Chapter 2 every time I got a new party member :p

My characters are level 39 - 41 (highest being Nepgear), too low? Any recommendations on where I can grind if so?

I bought Life Rings since Chapter 2 every time I got a new party member :p

My characters are level 39 - 41 (highest being Nepgear), too low? Any recommendations on where I can grind if so?

I think I was around that level as well. It's recommended to go in with maxed out EXE gauge if you're not doing so already.

My standard rotation for most characters is Attack/Break/Power/Power/EX.

I'd recommend giving everyone an elemental ability on one of their Break/Power slots.

That way if the enemy you're fighting has an elemental weakness you have equipped you can use that, otherwise you can just choose the other move that is physical (magical for some like Plutia).

You should be maneuvering your characters so that you can hit both
skill/item disablers
at once. You'll notice one of them is weaker to magic while the other is stronger against physical if I remember correctly. If you're not able to do that, I would go for the
skill disabler
first if your characters can take a hit and be left standing. Otherwise the
item disabler
first so you can revive.

Anonydeath
doesn't have that much hp so after you deal with the first two taking it down should be pretty easy.

Make sure to spread out your characters in a rectangular formation with the enemy in the center so they can't be hit by AOE attacks.

In my experience the enemies (especially bosses) usually target Neptune first so I use her as a tank. Have her go in first to smack the enemy for a bit and position everyone else to the sides/behind of the enemy.

HawthorneKitty

So I finally chose Japanese for a complete runthrough of the game, but
Plutia: Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpaa

Just kill me now.

Esura

Banned
I think I just accidentally got all the key items for the good end.

Nep's Pudding
Compa's Syringe
IF's Notebook
Stuffed Animal
Peashy's Picture

Are those the items?

I thought three of them were exclusive to Chapter 5 but I ended up getting them all in Chapter 6 thinking they are regular events.

I think I just accidentally got all the key items for the good end.

Nep's Pudding
Compa's Syringe
IF's Notebook
Stuffed Animal
Peashy's Picture

Are those the items?

I thought three of them were exclusive to Chapter 5 but I ended up getting them all in Chapter 6 thinking they are regular events.

Yeah, you're on the good ending route now.

Stuart444

Thanks for the tips, I just beat him. Neptune kept getting attacked and I had to revive her multiple times after both of those jammers were killed. (she kept getting 6000 - 8000 damage given to her including getting killed in the first turn before my turn even popped up)

On my second (and final) try today, I was lucky that both the jammers lined up in a row allowing me to finish them off in a few turns (the other times, they always kept separated since the bosses had their turns first before my group)

After that and a few revive sessions with Neptune, I had neptune in her CPU form guard over and over while the rest weakened him and once his guard was broken, EXE drive twice and he was dead.

Now I need to go buy some healing items :/

Oh, fuck. Well at this point I might as well just pursue the True Ending. I'm 40+ hours in on Chapter 6 just grinding and trying to get trophies. Was going to get every ending but since I'm buying myself a Vita for my B day I might stop.

I just ended up doing the good and true endings. I'm almost disappointed there isn't a
Conquerer/Domination
ending, it would have made getting the true ending more sweet.

Thanks for the tips, I just beat him. Neptune kept getting attacked and I had to revive her multiple times after both of those jammers were killed. (she kept getting 6000 - 8000 damage given to her including getting killed in the first turn before my turn even popped up)

On my second (and final) try today, I was lucky that both the jammers lined up in a row allowing me to finish them off in a few turns (the other times, they always kept separated since the bosses had their turns first before my group)

After that and a few revive sessions with Neptune, I had neptune in her CPU form guard over and over while the rest weakened him and once his guard was broken, EXE drive twice and he was dead.

Now I need to go buy some healing items :/

Good to hear that you finally won. You can get shafted on turns at the start sometimes but with some careful positioning/strategy you can usually overcome that.

I'm sad that the game's over though.

I found it really charming like Solatorobo. Localization was excellent in the way that the character personalities and humour come through. It's just a really quirky/charming game.

I'll definitely be getting the one for PS4 assuming it comes out over here.

Stuart444

I'll be sad when the games over (though I wish the difficulty was less), the characters make the game and it makes me a little sad that I haven't completed (or even gotten half way through) Nep Nep 1 but the gameplay is just so terrible in the first game :/.

Still, looking forward to the anime and any other Neptunia games they bring out. :D

HawthorneKitty

Finally platinumed just shy of 100 hours; I idled a ton for that lame challenge whenever I could though.
Going to wait for a completed guide on materials since I can't be bothered to methodically chart out all enemies and drops.

So I finally chose Japanese for a complete runthrough of the game, but
Plutia: Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpaa

Just kill me now.

カンガルーのように
カンガルーのように
カンガルーのように
カンガルーのように
カンガルーのように

I'm not even going to try the JP dub option.

I have a strong feeling I will dislike it over the English version.

This is coming from someone who watches most anime in JP dub and plays a lot of JP only games.

Stuart444

Need some quick help:

I just defeated the 4
fake black hearts
. If I leave the dungeon now, could I still see all the events and get the true ending (aka make this spot my split save) now before fighting
Rei
, I don't like the idea of having to fight those 4 again but not sure if I've already passed the Point of no Return for the good ending.

Clov

I think they couldn't find Ram in time and had to replace her with a yukkuri.

I really liked Ben-to, so I'm sure they'll make the anime adaptation entertaining. I do hope it's an original story, though.

Need some quick help:

I just defeated the 4
fake black hearts
. If I leave the dungeon now, could I still see all the events and get the true ending (aka make this spot my split save) now before fighting
Rei
, I don't like the idea of having to fight those 4 again but not sure if I've already passed the Point of no Return for the good ending.

You have time to get the
6 past Rei scenes.

Once you fight Rei that will lock you onto either Good or True depending on if you got the past events.

Basically, proceed now to get the Good Ending.

Exit the dungeon and get the 6 events showing Rei's past then re-enter the dungeon and just fight Rei at the end.

You'll know if you did it right because;

Good = Neptune and Plutia warp over.

True = Everyone warps over.

Stuart444

I have one more question for anyone who has completed the true end.

What level should you be roughly to finish it? I see people say level 80 - 90 which seems insane considering I was under level 70 when I completed the last chapter and it seems like leveling to 80 is going to take a while.

My main party consists of Blanc, Noire (lvl 69 each), Plutia (Level 71) and Neptune (level 70)

I have one more question for anyone who has completed the true end.

What level should you be roughly to finish it? I see people say level 80 - 90 which seems insane considering I was under level 70 when I completed the last chapter and it seems like leveling to 80 is going to take a while.

My main party consists of Blanc, Noire (lvl 69 each), Plutia (Level 71) and Neptune (level 70)

I think I was around that level as well. You just have to watch out if your characters are getting one-shotted.

I found in that case healing wasn't really worth it (revives are good enough) and I put some AGI down moves on and used AGI UP buffs while focusing on guard breaking then using EXE moves for maximum damage.

Recommended that you go in with full EXE gauge.

Don't waste it all on the first fight.

Stuart444

So I completed Neptunia Victory with the true end now, that's all ends done.

I ended up making discs recommended over on gfaqs (by MasterLL) which was 3 "final fantasy" god discs for charging my EXE gauge fast and one harem/break damage limit disc. I then proceeded to get the best weapon for Noire.

I had in my party: Blanc, Noire, Neptune and Plutia.

We went to the planetune alley place and I grinded to level 99 in about 1 - 2 hours from level 75ish. After that, I went in, destroyed the final boss and enjoyed the ending. I never got attached to the first HDN Universe but I really loved the Mk2 Universe that we've had since... Mk2. Wouldn't mind another game set in this universe.

I also felt really sorry for Gear ;_; she got treated so badly. I loved her (and the other CPU candicates) in Mk2 so that made me a little sad :(.

I also wish we got to see the portraits of the other characters (ie Uni, Rom, Ram,
Future White/Green Heart during the fake Iris Heart bit near the end
, etc). Besides that, I also wish we had more voice acting (English that is) but I have gotten used to these partial dubs so can't do much about that.

Great game all around though, I've really enjoyed it.

Rarutos

I think they couldn't find Ram in time and had to replace her with a yukkuri.

I really liked Ben-to, so I'm sure they'll make the anime adaptation entertaining. I do hope it's an original story, though.

I think it might be... It's clearly not a Victory adaption, the CPU Candidates being there invalidates it being an adaption of the original... And I think since Neptune is clearly the main character in this, it can't be mk2 either... So it should be original unless they just pull bits and pieces from all three or something, but that'd be weird.

So I completed Neptunia Victory with the true end now, that's all ends done.

I ended up making discs recommended over on gfaqs (by MasterLL) which was 3 "final fantasy" god discs for charging my EXE gauge fast and one harem/break damage limit disc. I then proceeded to get the best weapon for Noire.

I had in my party: Blanc, Noire, Neptune and Plutia.

We went to the planetune alley place and I grinded to level 99 in about 1 - 2 hours from level 75ish. After that, I went in, destroyed the final boss and enjoyed the ending. I never got attached to the first HDN Universe but I really loved the Mk2 Universe that we've had since... Mk2. Wouldn't mind another game set in this universe.

I also felt really sorry for Gear ;_; she got treated so badly. I loved her (and the other CPU candicates) in Mk2 so that made me a little sad :(.

I also wish we got to see the portraits of the other characters (ie Uni, Rom, Ram,
Future White/Green Heart during the fake Iris Heart bit near the end
, etc). Besides that, I also wish we had more voice acting (English that is) but I have gotten used to these partial dubs so can't do much about that.

Great game all around though, I've really enjoyed it.

Good to hear you beat it. I had a Final Fantasy disco on Neptune. I probably would have had an easier time winning if I made more for everyone else.

I've only seen youtube videos of the second game but Victory was enough to make me a believer in the series. It really reminds me of Solatorobo if anyone has played that. Just a really charming atmosphere with funny/fitting characters.

My number one want for the next game in the series would be fully voiced scenes. I might be wishing for too much though. :p

I remember reading that Idea Factory/Compile Heart are working on a new game for PS4 so I'm personally hoping that it's a new Neptunia game.

Someone recommend me hot tips for the first Chapter 3 boss. D:

Which one was that again?

Blanc, but I beat her through a war of attrition!

Though,
when she joined my party at 28, and my levels were 22/23, I feel a teensy biiiiiiiiit underleveld. D:

I remember that now. Pretty sure I was around 26/27 when I attempted that and didn't have any issues. You might want to fight a few more enemies than usual on the way so you can catch up. You get your first EXE gauge moves at level 25.

Stuart444

I'm currently working on getting enough points for the quest advancement to S rank. It's such a grind, especially with the invisible points system they use.

On the bright side, once it's done, I'll just burn a few more discs with harem on it and go through that Jet Set Range area to quickly raise everyones Lily rank and that will be that :)

I'm currently working on getting enough points for the quest advancement to S rank. It's such a grind, especially with the invisible points system they use.

On the bright side, once it's done, I'll just burn a few more discs with harem on it and go through that Jet Set Range area to quickly raise everyones Lily rank and that will be that :)

I think the highest quest score I got was 5.

Doesn't help that you basically need a guide to find out where a lot of the items are.

For the next game they should add an item search feature or something for quests.

Stuart444

I think the highest quest score I got was 5.

Doesn't help that you basically need a guide to find out where a lot of the items are.

For the next game they should add an item search feature or something for quests.

I don't mean the reviews section, I mean for unlocking the next advancement quests.

Gfaqs forums/walkthrough/PS3 trophies.org said:
You need a certain amount of quest points to open up the advancement.

from A->S is 500 points. Each time you complete a quest you get quest points.

E gives 1, D gives 3, C gives 5, B gives 6, and A gives 8.

Complete quest points list:
E -> D - 10 pts
D -> C - 50 pts
C -> B - 100 pts
B -> A - 200 pts
A -> S - 500 pts

This is to get the quest advancement trophy (advance quest rank to S)

But I have it now along with the trophy for it. Now I'm just working on my lily rank trophies (Noire almost has hers with Neptune close to it as well)

Ahh, that's what I get for reading a post then replying to it later without reading it again haha.

I think I left off at C rank.

Is the Colosseum rank tied to quest ranking as well or is that something different?

Stuart444

Ahh, that's what I get for reading a post then replying to it later without reading it again haha.

I think I left off at C rank.

Is the Colosseum rank tied to quest ranking as well or is that something different?

The Colosseum doesn't contribute to your quest rank as far as I know. If it was, I would have just grinded on that instead.

Stuart444

Trophy Get! :D Fantastic game and it's my 4th plat overall (after FFXIII, Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha).

My final trophy was the develop 100 items which I totally forgot about until I realize it was the only trophy (besides the plat) which I had not unlocked yet.

Still, great game!

You know what, I might actually try and get the trophies for this game. I've never cared for them before but it gives me more reasons to play the game I guess.

And I don't really feel like leaving it so soon.

HawthorneKitty

Trophy Get! :D Fantastic game and it's my 4th plat overall (after FFXIII, Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha).

My final trophy was the develop 100 items which I totally forgot about until I realize it was the only trophy (besides the plat) which I had not unlocked yet.

Still, great game!
Hey, it was my 4th Platinum too though mine was Neptunia, Mk2 and FF XIII-2

I believe my last trophies were the Lily Ranks for Rom/Ram simultaneously.

Top Bottom