• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Volcynika

Arrrrrrgh. On a fight in chapter 9
Dual Black Hearts, and getting hit with Tornado Chain decimates my party D:

EDIT: In my mid 60's on levels right now. Might need to level up a bit.

Volcynika

I beat the boss I was stuck at, I think I broke the fight or I had some equipment that was helping. (End of Ch 9 spoilers)
I was at the last of the 4 Black Hearts, and she basically kept wiping all my party out except for Neptune. She kept dealing zero damage, so a looooooooooong time later, I stored up 4 EXE drives and then took her out

Also I love Neptune's dialogue on the last chapter so far. I made it to
the fake Iris Heart fight
. Almost won but I couldn't beat the regen at the time (was just trying to see what I had to do next).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Meh I give up.

Gonna start playing this tonight. Have come to the conclusion that the DLC characters are never coming over and at this point NISA don't deserve my money anyway.

Rarutos

The character DLC didn't come out for months until after the initial Japanese release though. It kind of makes sense they're not coming out yet. Heck, Tekken came out after Victory's release here. Hopefully NISA was able to localize them all. :O

Volcynika

Ah mah gah, last boss is pretty rough. Couldn't keep up with that damage and HP regen. Only level 70-75 though. D:

Also why isn't the boss music that 4th Dimension track and it's only used in one small scene that advances itself WHY.

Danj

Now that mk2 has been reprinted in Europe and is available at sensible prices (and I got paid on Friday) I've jumped in and ordered all 3 games, they should get here in the next week or so.

RyoonZ

Banned
Finally got all the platz for this series. Hopefully NISA will localize the Vita games. :D

jx7fbCeNuCpX3.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
So I just started playing this...

SO MUCH TALKING. I'm barely past the Prologue and I'm already just holding down square.

Volcynika

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Compa Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Histoire – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: If Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Iris Heart Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Nepgear Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Neptune Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Peashy Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Plutia Avatar – $0.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Purple Sister Avatar – $0.49

Danj

So I just started playing this...

SO MUCH TALKING. I'm barely past the Prologue and I'm already just holding down square.

I just started playing the first one and had this issue too. The way the characters' chests rise and fall with their breathing is kind of mesmerising though :p

Whoever cropped the Iris Heart avatar for PSN is bad and should feel bad.

I remember reading about how this happened for some Senran Kagura avatars and how Marvelous AQL apologized and took them down to fix them up or something like that after people complained.

It might be a good idea to check avatars on the internet before you buy them on PSN so you don't get swindled.

AutumnAve

Now that the dlc characters are up, i can finally dig into this game proper like. I beat Chapter 1 but that famitsu scoring they give you between chapters really took the wind out up my sails. I got really beat up over my side questing so I reloaded chapter one and have been floundering around with side quests ( -_-)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ended up buying a PSN card and used it on Falcom and Marvelous. Falcom is so cute <3

AutumnAve

I Just ended up getting some costume dlc. I'll wait on some impressions before I lock in on a few. I'm leaning towards Mages or Tekken.

antibolo

Banned
Just got this game last week (after two months of waiting for Amazon to get more copies).

I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having. I previously bought the first game of the series but found it horrible (still don't understand that battle system), but then I read how they got better with the sequels so I ordered the latest game on impulse. So far I have no regrets.

My only disappointment is that Neptune no longer carries a handgun?? Does she get one later? I thought the whole DMC-esque sword plus handgun fighting style looked pretty badass in the original, now with sword only it seems not nearly as cool.

Ultimadrago

Okay, I picked up this game on a whim and have been playing it for a bit now (on Chapter 5). I have major, major gripes with it, but the characters are decent fun.

It's a shame to get a game with such a theme and nice visual novel sprites/CG involving a varied cast simultaneously offering typical rink-a-dink quests, poor framerate, criminal environments (in quality and quantity) and an unengaging combat system.

Leaves me torn. I wish a game made with "the obvious services" in mind would take the trouble to be, you know, a good game rather than "a serviceable visual novel with essential aspects as poorly executed afterthoughts." I'm still waiting for a game to fit that criteria. I'll finish the game, but I mostly experience the disappointment of lost potential while playing it.

Edit: As for DLC characters, I purchased Broccoli. It was love at first sight. I was this close to choosing CC2 at first, but I know I made the right choice. Her blunt yet hug-worthy personality is a godsend. My only complaint is that she sucks in battle and doesn't really have a role. Nonetheless, I'm using her (as well as my other top characters: Plutia, Blanc and Peashy) to the end.
nyu~

I platinumed the game this morning. I didn't buy it for 2 years but finally got around to getting it and started playing 10 days ago. Very very fun and well made game for me.

Going from Neptune 1 without patch to Neptune 1 with patch was earth-shattering because it made an unplayable game into a playable one, was quite fun after the change but still loads of problems. No platinum trophy for me.

Neptune mk.2 was a vast improvement from 1 but still, took a bit of time to get warmed up to it...still a lot of unwanted things that made the game a bit of a chore to fully complete. No platinum trophy for me.

Neptune Victory now, got even better that mk.2, the dungeons were fluid at last, the combat was very fun and it was finally easy to get to whatever ending you want, plus you couldn't miss an event unless you really wanted to. Got the platinum.

Played all 3 in their Japanese form (didn't see a benefit to get the English version for Victory since I got the first two in Japanese), and I'm now really looking forward to playing Victory II on PS4 (well I'll get the game first if I still don't have the console at its release)

Uthred

Grabbed this in the current PSN sale, theres an intimidating amount of DLC, any of it required/recommended or is it just whatever you feel like?

Vylash

Grabbed this in the current PSN sale, theres an intimidating amount of DLC, any of it required/recommended or is it just whatever you feel like?

just grab the additional characters, and the weapons/armor if you want absolutely no challenge

Top Bottom