• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Was it that Dolphin? Cause I hate that thing. :(

Nope it was a phoenix. This game is definitely a lot harder than the previous games. I was going through a dungeon and beating the enemies without much trouble, and then I ran into a metal dogoo.

It proceeded to OHKO my whole party. :( Needless to say I won't be going back there anytime soon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I only played the first game with the dub on and beat it once. Turned on the Japanese voices second play through and heard Asami Imai. I fell in love with Noire more. Still can't believe I almost played a game without realizing she was in.
but but but... Melissa Fahn
Okay, I admit that I've never played a Neptunia game with Japanese voices

HawthorneKitty

Chapter 4
"Even though reviewers and players
alike said I was boring and
wished there was more Neptune..."

ohohoho, I love the script.

Stuart444

I maintain my stance on the difficulty of this game, went into that area before Lastation again to grind (first time playing since my last post in here).... took most enemies at the start out until one changed into a viral monster and took me out straight away. :/

cjkeats

My EB is showing in stock this morning, which means my pre-order is there, and I have my last midterm today.
A week late to the party, but I'm pretty excited to start this.

For anyone who's in/past Chapter 4 does picking up all the
Legendary Creator Skills
do anything. I remember Noire mentioning something about "negative light" but I can't remember what she said exactly. Also, it gives you a choice as to whether you want to pick them up or not so I'm thinking there must be some benefit I'm unaware of if you choose not to, otherwise what's the point of giving you a choice?

I maintain my stance on the difficulty of this game, went into that area before Lastation again to grind (first time playing since my last post in here).... took most enemies at the start out until one changed into a viral monster and took me out straight away. :/

Life ring is your friend.

Some of the areas you discover higher level so watch out.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Some of the bosses on the true end route are kinda hard, especially because of their high hp regen per turn. Also not giving you a save point in the dungeon before you fight the boss is pretty stupid since you will have to regrind all that EXE gauge bar if you die, so annoying!

Got him to about 20% on first try though, but wasn't prepared as i wasn't expecting that "event" to actually be a boss fight since there was no save around.

edit: i won! Note: remember to switch back to magical attacks instead of physical. Just beat it just spamming magical power attacks to counter it's high HP regen and when it's guard eventually broke, used some magical skills to finish him off.

There is this mini-guide from MasterLL (taken from this gamefaqs thread) which may prove helpful?

Thanks, this should be useful.

I'm having a really good time with this, partial dub aside. O: The difficulty spikes and grinding are a bit irritating at times, though...

Yeah, there are a lot of times where I was really wishing the scene I was watching was voiced. It's really a shame they couldn't dub the same amount of lines as the JP dub.

If they released a paid DLC for complete dub I would buy it for sure.

Volcynika

I beat that difficulty spike in Chapter 2 or whatever. Thanks for the tip about buying the HP boosting item D:

Also loved this face

XFaORHh.jpg

And amused this joke still got in

And the full cutscene from the game where we first see Iris Heart. Craziness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecnksXcuE2o (Processing currently)

Esura

Banned
Nope it was a phoenix. This game is definitely a lot harder than the previous games. I was going through a dungeon and beating the enemies without much trouble, and then I ran into a metal dogoo.

It proceeded to OHKO my whole party. :( Needless to say I won't be going back there anytime soon.

lol the attack of the metal dogoo threw me the hell off too. My strategy was pretty much to go HDD on them and spam skills until I gained a few levels where their hits don't take me out in one go.

I beat that difficulty spike in Chapter 2 or whatever. Thanks for the tip about buying the HP boosting item D:

Also loved this face

And amused this joke still got in

And the full cutscene from the game where we first see Iris Heart. Craziness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecnksXcuE2o (Processing currently)

I love Iris Heart. She makes the difference between Neptune and Purple Heart look minor in comparison to her and Plutia.

In my experience I haven't had to grind yet to get past a boss in the story.

Life Rings + Healing + EXE moves + keeping everyone spread out so they don't all get hit at once usually does the job.

The times where I lost I adjusted my strategy on the next try and ended up winning.

The Life Rings helps a lot.

Stuart444

So after a quick level up to 10 while doing the quest (the easiest one for money, sunflowers) to get the life ring. I got the rings on Neptune/Plutia and went and beat the Chapter 2 boss I had trouble with (the one on the way to Lastation).

Afterwards, I went and took my revenge on all the enemies behind me except the ancient dragon. Many killed me when trying to level up before I got the life ring so this was just some sweet justice.

After saving it again, I decided what the hell and went and took on the Ancient Dragon (still at level 10), the result?

I was quite pleased :D

shin_velcro

Neo Member
Guess there has been no more word on if this will get a release on us psn is there? Would just be nice to grab it with funds from there is all.

Yeah, there are a lot of times where I was really wishing the scene I was watching was voiced. It's really a shame they couldn't dub the same amount of lines as the JP dub.

If they released a paid DLC for complete dub I would buy it for sure.
I know with a small budget and all, but it really is disappointing going off a small scene that's voiced and then being hit with just a whole bunch of text...

It'd never happen, but I would pay as well! :p

Yeah, she's great. Only seen her twice so far, but looking forward to her great dialogue in future scenes.
I'm about where you are or a little bit behind you, but yeah, Iris Heart is fantastic so far and I hope she gets better.

Volcynika

Guess there has been no more word on if this will get a release on us psn is there? Would just be nice to grab it with funds from there is all.

Unfortunately no. I'd expect it eventually, since I think mk2 is on PSN, isn't it? I'll make sure to keep an eye out, seen nothing from NISA about it.

I know with a small budget and all, but it really is disappointing going off a small scene that's voiced and then being hit with just a whole bunch of text...

It'd never happen, but I would pay as well! :p

I'm about where you are or a little bit behind you, but yeah, Iris Heart is fantastic so far and I hope she gets better.

Yeah I'd love a more complete dub for English. Hearing Neptune's crazy phrases and mannerisms is entertaining, and Plutia is just really well done. And I think 100% of Iris Heart's lines need to be voiced.

Got my LE in the UK. I had a flick through the artbook and my jaw dropped at
HDD (?) Rei
, for more reasons than one.

I'm still waiting on the character DLC before I start, so I'll just leave it on the shelf and admire it for the time being.

Mudo

Just popping in to say that having never played a game in this series, I downloaded mk2 on the PSN the other day and will be buying this afterwards. I hope I like them!!!

Volcynika

New DLC on the PSN store (NA only so far)

Loveless Eye ($0.99) – Possessing this item allows you to see the location of hidden treasures on the mini-map.
Sneaking Scope ($0.99) – Possessing this item allows you to see monsters’ fields of vision on the mini-map.

Stuart444

Finally got to Chapter 3.

Burst out laughing at
Noire: I WILL GO TO LOWEE! I WILL SAY MY COMPLAINTS DIRECTLY TO HER, etc

Also nice Blazblue/Guilty Gear Reference, "The wheel of fate is turning, heaven or hell"

LATE CHAPTER SPOILERS

Wow, Peashy hits like a truck. She's at level 64 right now and she has like 2.2k strength. No one else is even approaching that in the strength department right now.

Also, I'm going for the good ending, then I'm going to reload my chapter 9 and go for the true ending. It should be pretty interesting. Hopefully I'll have the good ending done by tonight so I can do the true ending tomorrow.

kiryogi

Banned
Finally got to Chapter 3.

Burst out laughing at
Noire: I WILL GO TO LOWEE! I WILL SAY MY COMPLAINTS DIRECTLY TO HER, etc

Also nice Blazblue/Guilty Gear Reference, "The wheel of fate is turning, heaven or hell"

I want to be dominated by Iris.

Esura

Banned
Do Normal Ending unlocks automatically when you get a good or true ending? Seems like its going to be a pain in my prostate to play for the normal ending....

Are any of the dev-based characters in the game? Still waiting for my copy in the mail. The Nisa character is easily my favorite in the series.

HawthorneKitty

T-t-theres even a Beetleborgs reference in the game!
Edit: and soon after, a mention of Of Mice and Men

Are any of the dev-based characters in the game? Still waiting for my copy in the mail. The Nisa character is easily my favorite in the series.
O:! Mine too!

But no, there's not any in the base game unless you count(spoilers?)
child/teenager Iffy and Compa
, and even then they might be DLC.

But there are a bunch of dev-based characters coming via DLC, which you can find here. Marvelous, CC2, Broccoli, Tekken, Falcom, and Mages.

Esura

Banned
Is it weird that I'm finding Rush attacks absolutely useless for anything not involving raising the EXE gauge? My gauge already is full for most boss fights and I seem to rely on Crush and Break a lot more. I removed all my crush attacks for the girls and gave them more powerful crush and Break attacks.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Is it weird that I'm finding Rush attacks absolutely useless for anything not involving raising the EXE gauge? My gauge already is full for most boss fights and I seem to rely on Crush and Break a lot more. I removed all my crush attacks for the girls and gave them more powerful crush and Break attacks.

No, i removed all rush combos to free some CP for other combos, never really used them and i'm at the true ending dungeon. Like you said, it's nice to increase exe gauge, even more with the chip discs that improves exe gauge generation. But by the time you get to the dungeon's boss, the bar is already maxed in most cases.

Also, i never had to refill the exe gauge bar midboss until the true end boss and even that is probably because i'm too underleveled if i go by what LVL people are recommending for the true final boss. Need more DPS!

Esura

Banned
No, i removed all rush combos to free come CP for other combos, never really used them and i'm at the true ending dungeon. Like you said, it's nice to increase exe gauge, even more with the chip discs that improves exe gauge generation. But by the time you get to the dungeon's boss, the bar is already maxed in most cases.

Also, i never had to refill the exe gauge bar midboss until the true end boss and even that is probably because i'm too underleveled if go by what LVL people are recommending for the true final boss. Need more DPS!

Ah, cool.

Did you go straight for true ending or are you trying to get the other endings too?

chrono01

Zuh? I got my Limited Edition today. That has to be a record, considering I live in Canada.

Either way, I'm not complaining! I won't be starting this one for a bit, but it's a relief to have it at least.

Rush combo's tend to have more hits and they have the shortest delay for your next turn.

Delay from highest to lowest.

Power > Break > Rush

If you have a power move that does five hits and a rush move that does five hits, better to use the power move since it will be stronger, although your turn will come later than if you used rush.

For EXE gauge generation, number of hits is what matters.

HawthorneKitty

Got normal and good endings down; 2 true playthroughs and platinuming left to do.
Normally I would want to fully achieve everything but the challenges... yeesh.

Say could anyone tell me spoiler-free if there is a way to keep a party-member permanently in your party and if keeping Planeptune's share high has a special effect? I assume it affects the ending, I ask because a friend is playing right now and we couldn't find answers to these questions :/ I myself pretty much decided to play all games simultaneously and jump between Mk 2 and Victory.

Top Bottom