• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Volcynika

I'm pretty sure the game also doesn't have an ending like the
Sacrifice
ending in mk2. I remember seeing an interview with one of the higher ups in the dev team or something, and he said everyone haaaaaaaaaaaaaated it after they put it in.

More of a random thing, but that stood out.

Saroyan

So I own the first game and MK2, and I have the collector's edition of this one pre-ordered as well. I also have a huge backlog, is the first one worth playing?
I won't be playing this one until I at least play MK2, just wondering if the first is as bad as some people say and should be skipped? I don't mind janky games, but I have less and less time to play as I get older.

Esura

Banned
How is that funny! it was ;_;

Because he is an extreme pervert, so extreme that even his own partners find him disturbing. CFW Trick is like the combination of every typical trope of a pervert from various anime and manga.

Eh, maybe my sense of humor is out of whack.

I'm pretty sure the game also doesn't have an ending like the
Sacrifice
ending in mk2. I remember seeing an interview with one of the higher ups in the dev team or something, and he said everyone haaaaaaaaaaaaaated it after they put it in.

More of a random thing, but that stood out.

I refuse to watch that ending after being told what happens in it.

Volcynika

So I own the first game and MK2, and I have the collector's edition of this one pre-ordered as well. I also have a huge backlog, is the first one worth playing?
I won't be playing this one until I at least play MK2, just wondering if the first is as bad as some people say and should be skipped? I don't mind janky games, but I have less and less time to play as I get older.

I skipped the first one after playing a bit, honestly. I didn't like it.

Need to learn to love and be more protective of them, Esu.

What happens in the ending?

Nepgear kills/sacrifices ALL THE CPUs/CPU candidates. After fighting them and then having a sad moment before she kills them and adds to the sword's power.

The first one is quite a drag. Really easy, but everything just gets tiring to go through. Repeated dungeons, same looking enemies, battles become a chore since there's no real challenge once you learn Neptune Break. The dialogue wasn't bad though. I feel like I was going through sheer force of will while getting the plantium in the middle parts of the game.

Sora_N

I want this but still haven't really played the first game, and didn't buy the second yet. :( Too LTTP for me.

Volcynika

Do I need to have played mk2 to 'get' the story and stuff or can I jump into the series with this one?

It's kind of an alternate dimension of sorts. I think you should be fine (though I haven't played it, but I've heard new people can start here).

Do I need to have played mk2 to 'get' the story and stuff or can I jump into the series with this one?

Heroine get into new dimension , many thing have changed ..

You'll be fine ..heroine will have to relearn the what and who in new dimension and so will you if you play.

Coxy

Not a reviewer, but I don't get it... :/

Barely anyone will review this game.

Worse still, they review it without even playing it
or only playing the first 30 minutes, one reviewer hilariously went on a tirade about the 8 bit music in the tutorial dungeon, assuming the entire game was like that, another claimed mk2 had exactly the same battle system as the first game

Stark

Banned
Worse still, they review it without even playing it
or only playing the first 30 minutes, one reviewer hilariously went on a tirade about the 8 bit music in the tutorial dungeon, assuming the entire game was like that, another claimed mk2 had exactly the same battle system as the first game

I remember one review just complaining about how "creepily sexualized"
its awesome
the games were.

What was more creepy was how much focus was on that! Nothing on gameplay/story and ended with a 4.

Could it be that the EU version has some things like a art-book or something included? There isn't anything mentioned on the Amazon page though they shipped my copy just now and I'm able to track the delivery process o.o Normally when I order a PS3 game I can't track it as the packages are quite small so they send it classified as a letter if I can however now track it it either means Amazon changed some things since last week or the package is indeed bigger than the regular PS3 games :eek:

Volcynika

Could it be that the EU version has some things like a art-book or something included? There isn't anything mentioned on the Amazon page though they shipped my copy just now and I'm able to track the delivery process o.o Normally when I order a PS3 game I can't track it as the packages are quite small so they send it classified as a letter if I can however now track it it either means Amazon changed some things since last week or the package is indeed bigger than the regular PS3 games :eek:

You get it the week before I get it. YOU GET NOTHING :mad:

(I'm not sure)

I WANT MY LUNCHBOX NISA.

You get it the week before I get it. YOU GET NOTHING :mad:

(I'm not sure)

I WANT MY LUNCHBOX NISA.

But but I would like for everyone to get it tomorrow too, release delays between regions are a terrible terrible thing :( Well I wanted to make a custom-cover for everyone like I did for Mk 1 and Mk 2 though there isn't any great cover-usable art of Victory on Zerochan, Konachan or Safebooru... But I might make a Iris Heart themed cover atleast!

Durante

Solid frame rate? That would be nice. The first one at least had the excuse of pretty good IQ, but the second had terrible IQ and dropped frames left and right.

Anyway, I'll buy this because I had fun with the first two -- and, well, I buy every JRPG that has dual audio anyway. Is there a PSN release, and if so, what's the price?

Edit: Wait, Peashy? Is that what I think?

Lusankya

Question about HDN Mk2: Is there any point in immediately defeating weak enemies with a symbol attack? I realized you don't get any XP that way and they probably don't count for Quests.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
It's nice how they squeezed all the different age ratings for the "PAL" region on the disc. :D

It's like that for most PAL games. Some of them have all the ratings, PEGI, USK, BBFC, and the Australian one!

Also i didn't know there was an install option available ( 4410mb ). I don't remember the first two games having it.

Bought MK, MK2 is on PSN and I have this pre-ordered.

Problem is, I haven't played any of them yet. Soon.

(I hate MOE and all that jazz but love jRPG games... the vicious starvation of this generation continues.)

Volcynika

I found this in my mailbox when i got home! Best way to start the week end.

Meanwhile, in America

tumblr_lxew8uSuSf1qiyjmto1_500.gif

I found this in my mailbox when i got home! Best way to start the week end.

*high-fives* My copy arrived too :D Now I just have to finish Mk I and Mk II before it makes any sense to insert the disk though :( Oh and it was indeed just a regular package, no idea why I suddenly can track these on Amazon o.o

Volcynika

Not sure when NISA will get me my copy, but hopefully even during the craziness I have going on at work, I'll be awake enough to stream it next week. Maybe can push some people on the fence!

Question about HDN Mk2: Is there any point in immediately defeating weak enemies with a symbol attack? I realized you don't get any XP that way and they probably don't count for Quests.

Not really much point other than getting out of the need to fight them.
No XP, no items, no quest triggers. They just vanish.

Anyways, recvently completed mk2, so this is the next title in line. Can't wait.

chrono01

I think I was charged for the Limited Edition.

I checked my credit card information and it appears as though the charge has already been authorized for it, although it's still listed as "Pending Fulfillment" on the website.

Here's hoping.

Top Bottom