• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Man those cuckoos can be as dangerous as Lu bu if you're not careful

j5NgGLa.jpg

But they're not the same thing. The Wii U Pro Controller is what will be supported by the majority of games whereas you're lucky when a new game has legacy support for another optional last-gen controller such as the CC. Besides, it's soo so so so so so much better than the CCPro. You could sell all your CCPros and GCN controllers basically and retain the exact same functionality unless you're still playing Wii/GCN games with those, of course.

You're really underselling the CCPro support (and I do get a lot of use from them since it's the only choice in Wii mode, but that's an aside).

A significant number of nintendo published games support the CCpro
Smash bros supports it, mario kart supports it, 3D world. Bayonetta 2. Wonderful 101.
Vs
DK, NSMBU/NSLU, Nintendo land and Pikmin 3 didn't. Of those, Nintendo land and pikmin 3 really needed/were better with wiimotes anyway, the NSMB games are good enough with just wiimotes and DK I can't comment on, having not played it.

Essentially, I think saying "it won't support CCPROs!" is a big assumption that just isn't true beyond hyrule warriors, as any nintendo published games where it is likely useful, it will probably be included.(And if it's not nintendo published, there's honestly a good chance I'm playing it somewhere other than wii u)

And when it comes to dropping £30+ on a controller I don't even like the stick positioning on for a single game that may well be patched for support... I can wait.

(As another aside, if it's not multiplayer, I don't care because I'll be using the gamepad)

I just finished the Legend Mode and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any point in doing it again in Hero difficulty? So far the only change I've noticed is that enemies have far more health than before.

2. The condition for getting the second Skulltula on the first level is using the Knight's Sword, there's an icon of a Knight Sword; must I use a Knight Sword or does it refer to type of weapon, i.e. can I use a White Sword instead?

Ooo, coming out this week! :D

1. Is there any point in doing it again in Hero difficulty? So far the only change I've noticed is that enemies have far more health than before.

2. The condition for getting the second Skulltula on the first level is using the Knight's Sword, there's an icon of a Knight Sword; must I use a Knight Sword or does it refer to type of weapon, i.e. can I use a White Sword instead?

How long was the game? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Reknoc

you can use any sword, think i used the master sword for the first skulltula but you can go with any tier of the knights sword.

doing hero, as it says, gets you better weapons/mats.

you can use any sword, think i used the master sword for the first skulltula but you can go with any tier of the knights sword.

As far as my experience goes, this is incorrect. The weapon has to be the one in the icon for the Skulltulla to spawn.

Ooo, coming out this week! :D

How long was the game? Hope you don't mind me asking.

My Wii U log says 26:07, I'd say 20 hours for Legend Mode on hard (I died just three times) and 6 hours spent on Adventure Mode. There's still a lot to do if you're a completionist or if you're still enjoying the game, which I am. I can see myself putting 50+ hours on this game.

Thanks, I really hate how underpowered the Knight Swords themselves are. White Swords aren't all that bad in comparison to those.

Yes, there aren't any special requirements for the first one. Is the trigger for the second Skulltula getting 1,000 deaths still?

As far as my experience goes, this is incorrect. The weapon has to be the one in the icon for the Skulltulla to spawn.

Well, that sucks.

Just beat legend mode. You know what, I think the story is charming/epic and the ending battle was awesome. The music, the fight, the
ganon destroy with ALL your items
Had a smile on my face druing the whole fight.
And the legend mode is longer than I thought (each battle was between 30 and 50 minutes).

BTW I reccomend playing on hard. Felt awesome (and I dont usually like to play games on hard). The AI is a little bit stupid sometime (and will make you loose if you are not careful) but when things flow right is awesome.

Oh so that's maybe where I got mine!

Thats better than mine :mad:

Mr-Joker

Banned
You're really underselling the CCPro support (and I do get a lot of use from them since it's the only choice in Wii mode, but that's an aside).

A significant number of nintendo published games support the CCpro
Smash bros supports it, mario kart supports it, 3D world. Bayonetta 2. Wonderful 101.
Vs
DK, NSMBU/NSLU, Nintendo land and Pikmin 3 didn't. Of those, Nintendo land and pikmin 3 really needed/were better with wiimotes anyway, the NSMB games are good enough with just wiimotes and DK I can't comment on, having not played it.

Essentially, I think saying "it won't support CCPROs!" is a big assumption that just isn't true beyond hyrule warriors, as any nintendo published games where it is likely useful, it will probably be included.(And if it's not nintendo published, there's honestly a good chance I'm playing it somewhere other than wii u)

And when it comes to dropping £30+ on a controller I don't even like the stick positioning on for a single game that may well be patched for support... I can wait.

(As another aside, if it's not multiplayer, I don't care because I'll be using the gamepad)

This pretty much, it isn't hard to add support for the classic controller Pro just that Koei Tecmo chose not to either due to laziness or incompetence.

There is no reason why a person should be forced to buy the pro controller if the Wii U is capable of supporting the classic controller pro.

In fact there are some areas that Koei Tecmo could fix with a patch.

Phased

How's the coop?

I'm grabbing this game day 1, but a big draw will be the couch coop. Does it play ok? Don't care too much about the quality downgrade (as long as it isn't like watching a stop motion film all the time)

Apologies if it's been answered before. Huge Warriors fan so I imagine I'll love it no matter what, but I'm really hoping the coop is decent.

Reknoc

nope, i was wrong about the master sword, but you can do any tier of the weapon. Just found one using the white sword, also did one earlier that required impas sword and I knew I wouldn't have done it with a lower weapon than her biggoron knife

How's the coop?

I'm grabbing this game day 1, but a big draw will be the couch coop. Does it play ok? Don't care too much about the quality downgrade (as long as it isn't like watching a stop motion film all the time)

Apologies if it's been answered before. Huge Warriors fan so I imagine I'll love it no matter what, but I'm really hoping the coop is decent.

Honestly I find it falls short visually of other warriors/musou games I've played in co-op, it's still playable but the difference between single and multiplayer comes off a lot more noticeably on this occasion regarding performance.
Oh and it doesn't split the screen, one person uses the gamepad and plays on the screen, the other will need either a Wii Remote and Nunchuck or Pro controller and uses the tv screen.
Wii remote controls are a bit iffy seeing as light attack is attached to the waggle motion.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm still trying to figure out what type of game this is - is there loot? I love trashing mobs and leveling up - from what I understand this game has levelling etc, does it have loot drops and new weapons? I'm hesitant to watch too many videos to figure this out so I'm reading reviews and they seem a bit vague.

Mr-Joker

Banned
How's the coop?

The Co-op is actually pretty good, though the visual on the game pad took a bit of a nose dive, but it isn't too bad and is still playable.

Kouriozan

nope, i was wrong about the master sword, but you can do any tier of the weapon. Just found one using the white sword, also did one earlier that required impas sword and I knew I wouldn't have done it with a lower weapon than her biggoron knife
This is true as I got the first hard mode skulltula with the White Sword too.

Well, in that case I'm happy to be wrong! It's never worked for me though. :(

So I thought that using the weapong that had a slot with some chains and a number meant I had to kill with it the number it said for me to unlock the slot.
Ive tried and doesnt seem to work. It's cumulative I suppose no?

BTW Adventure mode is friggin awesome.

Reknoc

Links outro with the Gauntlets is amazing, that little smirk at the end.

So I thought that using the weapong that had a slot with some chains and a number meant I had to kill with it the number it said for me to unlock the slot.
Ive tried and doesnt seem to work. It's cumulative I suppose no?

BTW Adventure mode is friggin awesome.

Only if the number is red. You can check what you need to do by pressing the button to check what each skill does.

LaNaranja

The solid reviews along with positive impressions in this thread made me go ahead an preorder it at Best Buy so I could get those snazzy looking Skyward Sword costumes. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since back when I first got my PS2.

I'm still trying to figure out what type of game this is - is there loot? I love trashing mobs and leveling up - from what I understand this game has levelling etc, does it have loot drops and new weapons? I'm hesitant to watch too many videos to figure this out so I'm reading reviews and they seem a bit vague.

It has new weapons in the form of crafting, I think...I'd like a clear answer too.

Having fun so far, but there's three things I'm not entirely sure on:

- Is it possible to 'guard' against attacks like boss enemies sometimes do, or can I only evade?
- What's the significance of the number each weapon I find has? I get how fusing works, but that only seems to effect what its 'effect' slot is, and playing through levels never seems to change that weapon's number either.
- Are the Cucco's just there as a Zelda-themed gag, or am I meant to actually do something with them?

NateDrake

Having fun so far, but there's three things I'm not entirely sure on:

- Is it possible to 'guard' against attacks like boss enemies sometimes do, or can I only evade?
- What's the significance of the number each weapon I find has? I get how fusing works, but that only seems to effect what its 'effect' slot is, and playing through levels never seems to change that weapon's number either.
- Are the Cucco's just there as a Zelda-themed gag, or am I meant to actually do something with them?
1. I believe LZ is guard.
2. Weapon number is the power/strength indicator for that weapon - I believe you mean the figures like 88, 96, 200+, etc...
3. Cucco's, if attacked, will attack in a large group that will harm foes. There will also be a "boss" Cucco that rewards you with a weapon or item of some sort (at least they have in my experience).

Tried to cancel my pre-order last minute but Amazon sent me it anyway. Surprisingly decent though, put in a good amount of hours this weekend on it but only played Legends Mode so far. I think I enjoy Link & Impa the most in terms of play style.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man, Hyrule warriors kinda comes out on a perfect day, I get paid tuesday but HW wont come out until friday, I will complain that im not playing it sooner but atleast I will have a ton of time to play it when I do get it.

wsippel

Banned
Am I crazy or is this the first Wii U game with audio delay compensation? Usually, due to TV lag, audio from the TV and GamePad are always slightly out of sync - not so in Hyrule Warriors as far as I can tell. Or maybe it's just a really clever audio mix, but I remember Nintendo patenting a way to automatically handle compensation using the GamePad's built-in microphone.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I've been playing without music on... to help me find the skutullas.

Let's just say, the victory celebrations are creepy without music.

Hah!

Hyuuuhhh

Hiiihhaaaa

Haaaa

MLH

So I've been playing without music on... to help me find the skutullas.

Let's just say, the victory celebrations are creepy without music.

Hah!

Hyuuuhhh

Hiiihhaaaa

Haaaa

There's no need to, when you get close to the Skutullas the music automatically turns down so you can hear it.

Nohar

The number of different maps is very low, to the point they need to re-use some in the Legend mode. I like the game, but that is a huge problem for me, and as a result the game lacks some diversity. The Master Quest DLC better add some new maps, otherwise I won't even consider buying it or the following ones.

Yrael

The number of different maps is very low, to the point they need to re-use some in the Legend mode. I like the game, but that is a huge problem for me, and as a result the game lacks some diversity. The Master Quest DLC better add some new maps, otherwise I won't even consider buying it or the following ones.

Upcoming DLC:

Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) – Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
Master Quest Pack (October 16) – New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
Twilight Princess Pack (November) – New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
Majora’s Mask Pack (January) – Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
Boss Pack (February) – Two new games modes

jonno394

Aren't there around 13 unique maps? I was happy with that number.

There's a new "scenario" coming in Master Quest, but I imagine that will just recycle the stages already used but with a different overall plot.

Nohar

I'm aware of the upcoming DLC. I specifically mentioned that my issue was the number of different maps. New weapons and characters are fun, but if it is to battle again the same enemies in the same maps with the exact same layout, I'm not really interested.

@jonno394 : 13 is an incredibly low number, especially compared to the number of different maps present in other Musou games. Granted, HW maps are definitly prettier. Doesn't change the fact that HW maps get old pretty fast. I was quite disappointed by the last missions of Legend Mode because of that.

Yrael

I'm aware of the upcoming DLC. I specifically mentioned that my issue was the number of different maps. New weapons and characters are fun, but if it is to battle again the same enemies in the same maps with the exact same layout, I'm not really interested.

The Master Quest, Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask packs each mention a new adventure map.

Golnei

The Master Quest, Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask packs each mention a new adventure map.

'Adventure map' probably refers to another 8-bit map with multiple challenges, as with the other adventure map currently in the game. Nowhere have they explicitly stated that a new stage will be included.

Nohar

... I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not talking about the Adventure maps, I'm talking about the battleground maps (battle stages if you prefer).

jonno394

@jonno394 : 13 is an incredibly low number, especially compared to the number of different maps present in other Musou games. Granted, HW maps are definitly prettier. Doesn't change the fact that HW maps get old pretty fast. I was quite disappointed by the last missions of Legend Mode because of that.

Looking at Pirate Warriors 1 it too had 13 (edit - actually could be less....yup 10). I think it only fair to compare it to something like that.

Top Bottom