• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

one_kill

I am so bad at finding Skulltulas
I was bad too, but I've gotten better. Just run around the area superimposed by the spider's web. Focus on the sound of the skulltula; the bgm is practically gone when you're near. Sometimes they'll be in rocks.

just started playing as Sheik, I love the speed
Sheik's really fun to play as because of her elemental variety. Also helps that she's the only character I have so far that has access to weapon finding skills.

This game has voice acting right? Will the NA version keep the JPN voices as an option?
I'm pretty sure it's only the narrator that says words.

Nohar

This game has voice acting right? Will the NA version keep the JPN voices as an option?

Nope. The only english voice acting is the narrator, which narrates the story between two stages in Legend mode. No character actually talks in the game (aside from some grunts).

Haven't even played the game yet but yeah, definitely hoping for more levels too. There has to be. Would be weird with Majora's Mask characters & costumes but no MM levels.

Jackano

I am so bad at finding Skulltulas

My complain about skulltulas are:
There is no "tin, din din din diiiin" sound when you get them (should be a greater version of the get material/weapon sound).
Also what the point to somewhat hide the "kill 1000 enemies" requirement when it is always the same!

... I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not talking about the Adventure maps, I'm talking about the battleground maps (battle stages if you prefer).

That's my N°1 complain about the game, a little more maps and more variety of maps will be perfect. Still a little hope for the DLC on that.

Farmboy

How's the coop?

Having only played co-op, as well as being the one who plays on the GamePad, I can say it's very playable. After all the comments on the dive the graphics take, I'm a bit hesitant to try single player lest I be spoiled by the superior visuals, but it's still a fine looking game and although the frame rate dips on occasion, it never becomes 'stop motion' or anything close.

Also, co-op is insanely fun, so I have no real reason to check out single player. More games should offer this option!

Dizzy

Banned
Having only played co-op, as well as being the one who plays on the GamePad, I can say it's very playable. After all the comments on the dive the graphics take, I'm a bit hesitant to try single player lest I be spoiled by the superior visuals, but it's still a fine looking game and although the frame rate dips on occasion, it never becomes 'stop motion' or anything close.

Also, co-op is insanely fun, so I have no real reason to check out single player. More games should offer this option!
Its worth checking out single player for the sheer number of enemies on screen.

I like both sp and co-op but they seem to be different beats.

Levels are easier in co-op since you can be in two placed at once. However capturing keeps is far quicker in sp. You might get 100 enemies in a keep where one special move wiped the whole place out. In co-op at times I get enemies spawning in groups of 5 or so in a keep at times if the other player has a lot going on.

Duo014

Co-op just crashed here. We were fighting against a boss
Manhandla or something
. Screen began tearing and wiiu was making a beeeep sound. Luckily not some damage on first view.

Xane

Co-op just crashed here. We were fighting against a boss
Manhandla or something
. Screen began tearing and wiiu was making a beeeep sound. Luckily not some damage on first view.

Seems like you two got
manhandled

Yrael

'Adventure map' probably refers to another 8-bit map with multiple challenges, as with the other adventure map currently in the game. Nowhere have they explicitly stated that a new stage will be included.

... I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not talking about the Adventure maps, I'm talking about the battleground maps (battle stages if you prefer).

Aha, I gotcha. Given that each square of the adventure maps is a stage (and they do also state that there'll be a new scenario in each DLC pack), I'd hope that this also means a couple of new battleground stages too, as opposed to recycling the other stages with a new storyline (particularly since there isn't currently a Majora's Mask stage). But we'll see.

Golnei

Aha, I gotcha. Given that each square of the adventure maps is a stage (and they do also state that there'll be a new scenario in each DLC pack), I'd hope that this also means a couple of new battleground stages too, as opposed to recycling the other stages with a new storyline (particularly since there isn't currently a Majora's Mask stage). But we'll see.

I really hope we get some new stages, but I kind of think they'd have advertised a new stage, especially since they went out of their way to point out the new costumes and adventure maps.

Emouse

I'm loving it so far, only put in around 25 hours since Thursday and still unlocking a bunch of new stuff

Anyone unlocked the master swords locked skill yet?

I was playing adventure mode, having to use Fi for one battle

Got to the 3rd keep and there's the imprisoned, with 2 little imprisoned's running around, shit is tough considering Fi isn't all that.

Xane

I was playing adventure mode, having to use Fi for one battle

Got to the 3rd keep and there's the imprisoned, with 2 little imprisoned's running around, shit is tough considering Fi isn't all that.

Easier to skip Adventure until you played through the main storyline. Upgrading Fi's boss gauge really makes a difference in this particular challenge.

TheMoon

Am I crazy or is this the first Wii U game with audio delay compensation? Usually, due to TV lag, audio from the TV and GamePad are always slightly out of sync - not so in Hyrule Warriors as far as I can tell. Or maybe it's just a really clever audio mix, but I remember Nintendo patenting a way to automatically handle compensation using the GamePad's built-in microphone.

I've never had audio delay issues between my stereo outputting game sound and the gamepad outputting sound.

Jackano

Am I crazy or is this the first Wii U game with audio delay compensation? Usually, due to TV lag, audio from the TV and GamePad are always slightly out of sync - not so in Hyrule Warriors as far as I can tell. Or maybe it's just a really clever audio mix, but I remember Nintendo patenting a way to automatically handle compensation using the GamePad's built-in microphone.

I've always experienced audio delays on Wii U. Happy to see someone talking about it bc I didn't see much feedback on this! I will gladly see the patent you're talking about, do you have a link please ?

In HW I think that's still a little there but yeah the situation seems to be improved.
Could be because I've shit ears and due to the TV/gamepad speakers orientations or distance.

Emouse

Just did the stage with Darunia
It was pretty annoying

Edit: Is there any point in completing scenarios in other difficulties?

After finishing all the scenarios you unlock a second Skulltula for each one which you can only get on hard or higher, not sure if XP and resource gain is higher on harder difficulties but I imagine it is?

JoeM86

Tried to do an Adventure Mode mission as Fi. Fi is the worst character. Came close to winning but died. No way I'd get A Rank, let alone B...lucky if I get C rank.

Fi is the worst character.

Jackano

Don't know if Fi is the worst but she definitely needs grinding and skills to work well.
True there quickly is one particular mission you came across in adventure mode that is hard without leveling and mastering the character.

Only thing I can think of which is truly annoying is when she starts to slip around after a couple moves without being able to attack any more.

jonno394

Tried to do an Adventure Mode mission as Fi. Fi is the worst character. Came close to winning but died. No way I'd get A Rank, let alone B...lucky if I get C rank.

Fi is the worst character.

I had my first experience of Fi in one of the "three trials" type missions where you have to defeat the right enemies. Had to beat Ghirahim, a fat Moblin and then Fi herself.

I wasn't too keen on her attacks tbh but still got an A.

After finishing all the scenarios you unlock a second Skulltula for each one which you can only get on hard or higher, not sure if XP and resource gain is higher on harder difficulties but I imagine it is?

I've been replaying the scenarios on Hard, get 1.5x rupees at the end so i assume EXP is the same.

McNum

Ah, you can get the Heart Pieces and Containers in Free Mode. Just ran the first mission with Link and found both.

To find both, you have to
wait until the King Dodongo boss appears, then run through the hole in the wall it opens, go west and conquer that keep for one, then go north from there and bomb a rock for the other. Meanwhile, King Dodongo advances on Hyrule Castle, so hurry! Killed it on the drawbridge, a little too close for comfort.

So if that's how it's going to be, there's a few maps I'm already dreading due to how time constrained some of the parts were, and I bet I have to look for the pieces during those. I'm pretty sure I know where one of Lana's is now, and I don't look forward to going for it...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Will say this, there were Hyrule Warrior commercials on toonami on saturday, 2 other nintendo games have gotten advertising in that slot that werent expected to sale well, fire emblem: awakening, and bravely default. Which as you all know have sold over a million.

SoldnerKei

question... regarding co-op mode, I know one player uses the gamepad, so I want to know if I can just grab one of my wiimotes+nunchuk or will have to buy a controller pro? thanks in advance :'D

still waiting for this game till friday :c

Vlade

This is great news. I only planned on playing co op; sets me at ease to know we are provided for.

Effect

Will say this, there were Hyrule Warrior commercials on toonami on saturday, 2 other nintendo games have gotten advertising in that slot that werent expected to sale well, fire emblem: awakening, and bravely default. Which as you all know have sold over a million.

Excellent. Still that's very late. So late that I can no longer be bothered to stay up and watch Toonami. At least there is a audience there that might be interested in the game. Would still like to see ads earlier. I remember seeing Fire Emblem ads closer to prime time. Nintendo was really serious about that game.

TheMoon

question... regarding co-op mode, I know one player uses the gamepad, so I want to know if I can just grab one of my wiimotes+nunchuk or will have to buy a controller pro? thanks in advance :'D

->

Wii U game OTs should have a feature section by default with supported controllers!

(sorry for criticizing the OT so much^^)

Controllers supported:
Wii U GamePad (single player & co-op)
Wii U Pro Controller (single player & co-op)
Wii Remote & Nunchuk (co-op only? not sure? someone pls confirm if it also works in singleplayer)

System features supported:
Off-TV Play
Two-Screen Co-Op (One player on the GamePad, the other on the TV)
Hell naw. The OT got enough shit already.
except for this very useful bit of information^^

it's just text!
I guess, but everyone knows those things, except for the Wii CCP not being supported, though I didn't know any Wii U game supported it to be honest.

*cough* :D

You can use Wii Remote + Nunchuck but previous posters have said that it's not a very good option.

My copy just arrived about 40 minutes ago. Looking forward to playing it for a while tonight.

Here's hoping I'll enjoy it more than Dynasty Warriors.

So ive been thinking how strange it is that OoT and TP got two characters, but SS only got one. Like all the cutscenes where the group is there, Fi is all alone in the shots (as they usually go in pairs). Its even worse seeing the TP one is agitha (it just seems like what the heck is she even doing there lol) I sincerely hope it was because groose was in but it didnt make it in time and appears in the DLC.

Only if the number is red. You can check what you need to do by pressing the button to check what each skill does.

Thanks. So what does it mean the purple 25000 one in the master sword?

Kinsei

Banned
So ive been thinking how strange it is that OoT and TP got two characters, but SS only got one. Like all the cutscenes where the group is there, Fi is all alone in the shots (as they usually go in pairs). Its even worse seeing the TP one is agitha (it just seems like what the heck is she even doing there lol) I sincerely hope it was because groose was in but it didnt make it in time and appears in the DLC.

Thanks. So what does it mean the purple 25000 one in the master sword?

SS got two characters. Fi and Ghirahim. TP is the odd one out by having three playable characters when OoT and SS only get two.

I'm guessing that the devs are big TP fans.

didn't know the DLC retailer exclusive outfits will release later, i was about to pre order from 3 different stores to get the outfits then resell the extra copies of the game for like $50

i will just buy the version from gamestop, ocarina of time link B^)

good thing i read the OP

Top Bottom