• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Woooow, that Darunia battle to get his level 2 weapons was hard and you need A rank!
Thankfully I got it.

That damn main ally keep die too fast!
"Hurry, go help it" ... 8 sec later, game over. And of course you are at the opposite of the map everytime, haha.

this is a feature of all warriors games XD

Dizzy

Banned
So these network links....is lv99 their level? Or the recommended level to be to attempt the mission?

Link at level 41 with the master sword is the best I have right now and each Dinolfos is a 5 minute job. Gonna have to level up before doing that middion I think.

Kouriozan

Yosh, got the summoning gates, that map just before was kill 3 bosses, including the imprisoned, in a tiny map.
And you need A rank as well, fun fun!

She sings and dances with it :D

TheMoon

I've said so in the OP. I'll make it bigger though. Gimme a sec.
XdvKXsw.png

Fantastic. :)

Now people just need to start reading OPs and everyone's happy! :D

The only thing I'd change is maybe add a "later" and/or "separately" to make it clearer. And maybe add one of these left and right.

:D

HOHOHO, just unlocked ganodorf, unlocked most of his attacks from the skill tree and did his stage.

The man is a fucking beast. The 5Y+X combo is just fucking nuts, wipes everything from the zone of radius and even kills pesky enemy commanders with two of those.
And I started the stage with him in level 1.
Then there's the purple bar for the ultra.
One simple sword attack kills the normal mobs (most characters are 2 or 3).

Worst character I have played without a doubt is Darunia. Maybe I have to level him more, but for a man that eats rocks and has a megaton hammer he is fucking wimp, defense and attacks.

Kouriozan

Ganondorf is too good indeed.

There is a map "kill 700 ennemies in 10 mins" that give Ghirahim an heart pieces at A rank in the bottom left corner, but damn it's impossible to reach it >.<
Link with his sword special attack (hold X) is a beast in those missions.

butman

I can't get the fun of these type of games. It's just like the OT.

Aren't all mousou games be like that? Don't get how people enjoy killng a bunch of lifeless enemies that look all the same and TVE only thing they do is run straight to you.

In concept Adventure Mode is a pretty great idea, the progress dictated by how well you play and the gradual progression across the map in numerous directions with worthwhile rewards makes it pretty addictive and there's a nice variety of mission types in there.
But hiding such a high number of various unlocks behind the strange search system is a bit off, the items you need are in pretty short supply without replaying already beaten stages and only a select few squares on the map have notably obvious item uses points while others will present you with like 15 trees to possibly burn in which case you'll also have to stock up on many a compass to narrow down the search, it really deters me from wanting to use the items on just any old mission and introduces this extra level of unnecessary grind.

Just unlocked Ghirahim so now only Zant remains now for my character unlocks. Yet I do think I should nose around elsewhere first and try and get stronger weapons for the characters outside the main characters who are still dicking around with piddly level 1 weapons. It makes bringing them into tougher missions a real drag unfortunately while those who got got decent weapon progression through Legend mode become that much more tempting to keep using instead. Originally for the mission to unlock Ghirahim I was using Ruto and the damage output was so pitiful on even mere icy Poes that I wonder why I even trucked on as long as I did before an empowered Ghirhaim basically one shot me with an cluster of knives.
The mission to even head down into this area of the map was a real chipping game playing with Fi against the Imprisoned in a small room, it's like they knew just how much I hated that toothy blob and made things even worse.

Kouriozan

Alright, to unlock the stage to get Link final weapon, I need to A rank one with Zelda, she will need some serious training as the stage is a bit hard.
But I'll stop for now, played 4h42min in one go (24 hours total at the moment), talk about an addictive game *-*

I can't get the fun of these type of games. It's just like the OT.

Aren't all mousou games be like that? Don't get how people enjoy killng a bunch of lifeless enemies that look all the same and TVE only thing they do is run straight to you.

TVE_-_Promos_Informativos_A18.jpg

?
joking of course

This is my first musou and playing in hard im having tons of fun.
Now I want to play more warrior games.

XdvKXsw.png

Fantastic. :)

Now people just need to start reading OPs and everyone's happy! :D

The only thing I'd change is maybe add a "later" and/or "separately" to make it clearer. And maybe add one of these left and right.

:D

Updated version:

wVZfjBc.png

I should have made a triforce of the triforce of warning signs, but this'll do.

Hm I'm stuck on the map in adventure mode:
there is a square with a ladder icon on it (2 square under the xanth icon) and I need to explore if I want to unlock the mission. I've just got the victory reward but I can do nothing with my items on the water(and we can see some sparkles on this water).
Anyone can help?

Just beat chapter

Ganondorf's
arc is satisfying for a change, but sucks a bit they are starting to repeat the localizations that much:
Chapter 15 is already the third time we go to Valley of Seers

But despite that, I still love the game <3

Sify64

I can't believe how much fun this game turned out to be. Just reached the 20 hour mark on playtime and still haven't tried out the other modes yet. Hyrule Warriors is quite addicting to play for hours on end. I'll definitely preorder the DLC bundle pack.

Kinsei

Banned
Woooow, that Darunia battle to get his level 2 weapons was hard and you need A rank!
Thankfully I got it.

That damn main ally keep die too fast!
"Hurry, go help it" ... 8 sec later, game over. And of course you are at the opposite of the map everytime, haha.

I take it there's no mounts? :( I was hoping to ride a dodongo.

Kouriozan

Hm I'm stuck on the map in adventure mode:
there is a square with a ladder icon on it (2 square under the xanth icon) and I need to explore if I want to unlock the mission. I've just got the victory reward but I can do nothing with my items on the water(and we can see some sparkles on this water).
Anyone can help?
Is that some kind of rock, if so, use a water bomb (looks like a blue chomp chomp)

Speaking of pre-order costumes, I've never pre-ordered anything with DLC at Best Buy before. Do they just print a code on the receipt when you go pick it up?

I wish you could have the stage map on the gamepad, sometimes it's a bit eye straining for me to pinpoint which Hyrulian (or is it Hylian?) captain is screaming for his life within the sea of red and blue in that small space in the top corner of the tv screen while the gamepad takes up most of its real estate with messages which could be condensed into a scrolling list.
Maps and second screens are a match made in video game heaven after all.

Molemitts

I'm a huge Zelda fan and end up playing pretty much every Zelda game I can, but I'm just not interested in this game, at all. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, and the combat really doesn't look like the kind of thing I'd like. Dark Souls has spoilt me in that regard, now I just hate anything that is even remotely button mashing. I might get it for cheap down the road, but I just don't really care. All the preorder and DLC garbage hasn't helped to give me a positive attitude, either.

Kinsei

Banned
Speaking of pre-order costumes, I've never pre-ordered anything with DLC at Best Buy before. Do they just print a code on the receipt when you go pick it up?

Every time I've pre-ordered something with DLC, the codes have come on cards. I think that's just a Canadian thing though, since I've always heard Americans talk about having the codes on their receipts.

Kouriozan

Someone else has already told me this, but when I try to use a item, it has the same effect as an empty box (like there is nothing on it), it's really weird.
Edit : nevermind, for the green dirt with an X you need to use the mitten thing to dig
I can't see the whole map as I didn't unlock it, but if there is butterfly then you need to use the harp.

Either way, I'm going to do it in about an hour to help you if your still stuck.

Came for the fan service, but I've been really surprised at just how much I've been enjoying it. I don't really enjoy brawlers but the brain dead enemies actually help in this regard - it's satisfying to mow them down but at the same time you're allowed to concentrate on the main enemies on the field. Pretty addictive stuff.

After being told the story doesn't take place in the Zelda universe I've been happy to see just how much it does actually take them into consideration. I've just got to the first split in the story and although I don't have any warm feelings towards skyward sword it's pretty awesome revisiting bits of Ocarina and Twilight Princess.

Daouzin

It bugs me we couldn't use the Wii Pro Controller with the game and had to resort to waggle for 2p (still need to get a Wii U Pro Controller, so this is probably a sign haha). Aside from that, the gf and I have been having a blast with this game so far.

No Wii U Pro? This might be a deal breaker for me. I only have Wii U Pro's, Wii-motes and the Gamepad. No one will play Co-op with me if they can't use the Gamepad and I definitely don't want to use just a wii-mote.

What other controllers are compatible?

I'm a huge Zelda fan and end up playing pretty much every Zelda game I can, but I'm just not interested in this game, at all. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, and the combat really doesn't look like the kind of thing I'd like. Dark Souls has spoilt me in that regard, now I just hate anything that is even remotely button mashing. I might get it for cheap down the road, but I just don't really care. All the preorder and DLC garbage hasn't helped to give me a positive attitude, either.

Yeah, it just might not be for you though.

However, I think a lot of reviewers weren't DW fans and have been pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoy it, maybe you will be too?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Played it today. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but I have to say I'm enjoying it. I'm sure the fanservice helps a great deal, with all those familiar sights and sounds. The main characters are all quite pretty~ <3 Princess Zelda

No Wii U Pro? This might be a deal breaker for me. I only have Wii U Pro's, Wii-motes and the Gamepad. No one will play Co-op with me if they can't use the Gamepad and I definitely don't want to use just a wii-mote.

He said that you can't use Classic Controller Pro (the Wii-controller). Of course you can use Wii U Pro controller.

TheMoon

Read again. He clearly said "Wii" and then said he'd have to get a "Wii U Pro Controller." Obviously Wii U Pro Controller is supported since that's how they played it during the Treehouse stream.

This is why it bothers me when people call the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) the Wii Pro Controller. It creates scenarios like this.

Daouzin

He said that you can't use Classic Controller Pro (the Wii-controller). Of course you can use Wii U Pro controller.

Ah, thank god, I had no idea people called the Classic Pro the Wii Pro Controller, that's confusing. I just assume Wii Pro is short for Wii U Pro.

Read again. He clearly said "Wii" and then said he'd have to get a "Wii U Pro Controller." Obviously Wii U Pro Controller is supported since that's how they played it during the Treehouse stream.

This is why it bothers me when people call the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) the Wii Pro Controller. It creates scenarios like this.

I see I feel a little less retarded now. Thank god though! Looks like I'll be getting it on Day 1. Co-op games are too fun.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Just unlocked Lana and I can't wait to try her out.

Too bad the stupid narrator voice is ruining my enjoyment of the game and I really hope that they patch in an option to give the player the option to turn it off.

It's really stupid how they did it because to switch from Pad to Pro you need to do it in the controller setting option rather than it being instant.

Nohar

@Mockingbird: we don't know. They are not available yet on the eShop.

Can someone please explain to me how to spawn "Links" on the Adventure mode map? Can only friends spawn them? Do you need both online and Miiverse activated for it to work?

Raven77

Okay, i need to know if I should get this game or not.

1. I am not a "moussou" or whatever it is fanatic. I've played a few dynast warriors games back in the day and found them fun but mostly generic.

2. I AM a huge Zelda universe fan.

I'm kind of torn...also, it was my b-day 2 days ago so I need (yes, need) to treat myself to a new game :)

Top Bottom