• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Oh, 6 was definitely a black sheep. 7 did in strides to make it better, and 8 is well, the best DW game of last generation. Hyrule Warriors is, well, a fresh start, so I'm not surprised at the amount of playable characters, but with adventure mode, free mode, and the story mode, there's alot of content to be enjoyed.

Heck yeah, along with the DLC and adding 3 more adventure maps. The question is, what maps are these going to be taken from? What Zelda game?

Golnei

Oh yeah, music has been pretty great. They put a lot of effort into the soundtrack. Could have gone for more remixes though, considering it's a fan service game.

Seeing as I enjoyed both the Zelda arrangements and some of the original tracks, I would have rather they used more remixes in place of some of the blander pieces (Guilty Feeling, Under Siege etc.).

Though as for the musical direction as a whole, while I liked what they ended up going with, I wonder if perhaps an approach reminiscent of the 1999 MOKA Ocarina of Time album might have been more distinctive; retaining the sense of energy and pace required for the soundtrack of a Musou game, offset with sweeping solo strings and brass. Though it's no less a cliche than Hyrule Warriors' soundtrack, this particular kind of cheese may have been a better fit for the Zelda series.

Nohar

I'm kinda wary of the DLC. I'm waiting for more information before deciding if buying them is worth it. I'd love to know if the Master Quest one adds new maps and musics for example (instead of just reusing existing ones).

As for the adventure maps, I hope we will get full maps with new challenges, like the one already in-game, and not a mini-version (like the Bonus one which is unlocked when you complete Illustrations with Skulltulas).

zruben

Banned
PSA for MexiGAF:

Liverpool is selling the game since yesterday
jmjp09KsJVTak.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm kinda wary of the DLC. I'm waiting for more information before deciding if buying them is worth it. I'd love to know if the Master Quest one adds new maps and musics for example (instead of just reusing existing ones).

As for the adventure maps, I hope we will get full maps with new challenges, like the one already in-game, and not a mini-version (like the Bonus one which is unlocked when you complete Illustrations with Skulltulas).

Well they likely have new adventure maps to consider challenges to unlock higher weapon tiers for the Koei Originals and the upcoming new weapon movesets and new characters.

I had to review Hyrule, and I'm....also...Bay...ehm...
two different genres, so it's up to people taste to differentiate and appreciate them, but:

Bayonetta2 is way more polished, animations are way superior, and BS is way deeper for being just a single characters. Thev ariety of situations is way bigger too. Technically is way better too, and it has online play mode.

Hyrule Warriors is way more replayable to me, especially because of the various modes, even with local coop, and costand DLC missions/characters incoming (they will support the game at least until next february)

Thanks! Looks like Bayonetta 2 is the technically superior game that requires concentration while Hyrule Warriors is the one I will play more for mindless fun.

jonno394

Not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the Medal list aka in game achievements under the gallery.

Ingame achievements SPOILERS PEOPLE (no story spoilers but still most would like to find these themselves so SPOILERS again)

Destructive Force - Defeat 1000 or more enemies in one battles
A Hundred Years Ahead - Defeated 100 or more enemies with one special attack
Magical Warrior - Defeat 500 enemies during one spirit focus
Hyrule Warrior - Defeat 100k or more enemies
Millionaire - Acquire 1,000,000 rupees
Weapons Master - Acquire a total of 1000 or more weapons
Treasure Hunter - Acquired a total of 100 or more super rare materials
Lawn Mower - Cut a total of 1000 or more clumps of grass
Everyone's Hero - Save an ally 500 or more times
Marathon Man - Dash a total of 42.195km or more
Hero in the Green Tunic - Complete Legend Mode
The Real Deal - Complete Legend mode in Hero Mode difficulty
Serious Adventurer - Attained A Rank in Adventure Mode
Connected Worlds - Complete Adventure Mode
Ruler of the World - Attained A Rank in all battles in Adventure mode
A secret to Everybody - Found all secret elements in Adventure Mode
Bug Catcher - Defeated 50 Gold Skulltullas
Know it all - Complete Five illustrations
Big Bro - Complete 10 rescue battles in Adventure Mode
Badge Collector - Collect every kind of badge
Grannys Boy - Created Every kind of mixture
Craftsman - Completed a battle using only items
True Master Sword - Awoke the true power of the master sword
Cucco's Revenge - Get defeated by a Cuccoo
Superstar - Activated all Focus SPirit bonuses

Ingame achievements SPOILERS PEOPLE (no story spoilers but still most would like to find these themselves so SPOILERS again)

Destructive Force - Defeat 1000 or more enemies in one battles
Hyrule Warrior - Defeat 100k or more enemies
Millionaire - Acquire 1,000,000 rupees
Weapons Master - Acquire a total of 1000 or more weapons
Treasure Hunter - Acquired a total of 100 or more super rare materials
Lawn Mower - Cut a total of 1000 or more clumps of grass
Everyone's Hero - Save an ally 500 or more times
Marathon Man - Dash a total of 42.195km or more
Hero in the Green Tunic - Complete Legend Mode
The Real Deal - Complete Legend mode in Hero Mode difficulty
Serious Adventurer - Attained A Rank in Adventure Mode
Connected Worlds - Complete Adventure Mode
Ruler of the World - Attained A Rank in all battles in Adventure mode
A secret to Everybody - Found all secret elements in Adventure Mode
Bug Catcher - Defeated 50 Gold Skulltullas
Know it all - Complete Five illustrations
Big Bro - Complete 10 rescue battles in Adventure Mode
Badge Collector - Collect every kind of badge
Grannys Boy - Created Every kind of mixture
Craftsman - Completed a battle using only items
True Master Sword - Awoke the true power of the master sword
Cucco's Revenge - Get defeated by a Cuccoo
Superstar - Activated all Focus SPirit bonuses

Thank you so much dude. :D

This two, that are skilled based, seem pretty hard.
The best i could do is 86 for the special attack
and 269 for spirit focus.

The problem is that I never find enough mobs to accomplish them.

zruben

Banned
Yup, I posted that on the last page :)

yeah, fucking gameplanet, I follow them on twitter and facebook and just saw your post. I swear I never saw the announcement in any social media before.

btw, the photo I posted is not mine; but now I'm kinda tempted to preorder to get the scarf. It would be an awesome holiday gift for my GF.

So in adventure mode theres some collectables (hearts, weapons...) that have a black shape with a question mark.

I dont mean the shapes where you know clearly which character is (and you can see faintly the sprite coloring of them), I mean one that looks like a diamond shape (doesnt look like any of the characters, not even zant that has a similar diamond shape) and its COMPLETELY black.
ANd its still a question mark on it even discovering the secret of that place.

Someone knows how to get the collectable in those? I hope is not using characters randomly until you discover the one that is or something.

NZerker12

I have to say if you know how to use him properly Ghirahim can completely destroy everything in his way. His C5 destroys mobs while combining his C1 with either C3 and the first half of C4 can easily defeat most officers.

Plus it is very satisfying beating down an officers weakness gauge to then finish them while Ghirahim laughs in their faces.

Weetrick

I preordered on Amazon with guaranteed release day delivery but it hasn't prepared shipping yet. I trust Amazon but it's a little worrisome. Anyone else have their's shipped yet?

I preordered on Amazon with guaranteed release day delivery but it hasn't prepared shipping yet. I trust Amazon but it's a little worrisome. Anyone else have their's shipped yet?

I'm a Prime member and I didn't see any mention of release day delivery - only that it would ship on release day. So I did the unthinkable and pre-ordered at GameStop for the OOT pack and release-day in-store pickup.

Let us know if you get it tomorrow - I'm curious how Amazon handles it.

Mesoian

I'm a Prime member and I didn't see any mention of release day delivery - only that it would ship on release day. So I did the unthinkable and pre-ordered at GameStop for the OOT pack and release-day in-store pickup.

Let me us know if you get it tomorrow - I'm curious how Amazon handles it.

I got a shipping confirmation from amazon last night. So...you should check the website.

I've not used any if the network features yet. I only activated them yesterday. If people want to add me my Nintendo id is andymatronic.

Weetrick

Let me us know if you get it tomorrow - I'm curious how Amazon handles it.

I'm a Prime member as well. My order says "Guaranteed Delivery by Friday September 26" but the status is still "Order Received".

I wanted the OOT pack but I hate GameStop so I went with Amazon like always.

NeonZ

Heck yeah, along with the DLC and adding 3 more adventure maps. The question is, what maps are these going to be taken from? What Zelda game?

Master Quest Pack (October 16) - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
Twilight Princess Pack (November) - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
Majora's Mask Pack (January) - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
Boss Pack (February) - Two new games modes

Considering how new adventure maps appear in the themed packs too, I guess Master Quest could be just the Master Quest map of the original NES game, while Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask would have versions of their own maps somehow.

Sadist

By the way, final chapter Legend mode;

How do you seriously damage Ganon? I see his tail becoming all blue, but can't hit it in time with the bow. Help please :(

Last time I bought something from eShop at midnight was Animal Crossing and it came out at 9pm Pacific time, will Hyrule Warriors follow the same release schedule?

StAidan

Mine's shipped and will definitely be here tomorrow based on the tracking. I preordered about 2 weeks ago.

fred

Going to have to work out how to drink potions at some point, tried killing the
chicken thingummybob inside the Deku Tree, can't remember what they're called now lol

He's a right tough mofo, takes a shitload of damage and keeps on calling reinforcements like nobody's business lmfao. I was one hit away from killing the fucker too before all my life was drained and I went down like a sack of potatoes lololol

Has to be worth doing though, if he's that hard to kill he must drop something whopperdongler once life is extinct...either that or you get a hard to win Achievement.

RiggyRob

Going to have to work out how to drink potions at some point, tried killing the
chicken thingummybob inside the Deku Tree, can't remember what they're called now lol

He's a right tough mofo, takes a shitload of damage and keeps on calling reinforcements like nobody's business lmfao. I was one hit away from killing the fucker too before all my life was drained and I went down like a sack of potatoes lololol

Has to be worth doing though, if he's that hard to kill he must drop something whopperdongler once life is extinct...either that or you get a hard to win Achievement.

If you check your medal list, you might have one already...

FaintDeftone

I just threw in a last minute preorder at Gamestop so I can get those OoT costumes.

I hope they make all of them available eventually. I want the other two packs too.

Very excited for this game. I've been wanting to get into a newer Dynasty Warriors game and I am a massive Zelda fanatic, so this works out great for me!

Did a search, but unfortunately couldn't find any info about this:

There's still one unknown material (i.e. ???????) for every gold badge. How do I find/unlock those?

jonno394

Don't like lanas deku stick. Only got a level one with attack about 100 feels weedy as fuck especially in adventure mode. Need better equipment

They usually don't this those out till later in the night. In my experience. You should be good.

In other news...I cancelled my order last week yet now I am thinking of taking some stuff in to trade for this.

I beat a lvl 99 Network Link map today, it was hellish. I got this weapon as a reward:

t1XMeBO.jpg

which isn't all that bad. Going through Legend Mode maps on Hard is a breeze now, I might amp it up to Hero and check how it goes.

Quick question, do you get just one Network Link per Wii U friend, or do they refresh after 24 hours? My map is empty now.

Thanks to all who accepted my friend request by the way :)

Is there an option to have the achievements pushed to Miiverse?

There is, the game should ask you during the intial setup. If it isn't posting anything and you are in NA, maybe the Miiverse group for HW hasn't been activated yet.

Chairhome

I told myself I was going to wait on this game, but I have a friend that owns a small game store and he's selling the game tonight. I'm trading a bunch of old games in so maybe I'll be playing this tonight...

AGoodODST

Probably been answered, but how many KOs do you need for an A rank? Assumed it would be 1000 but no dice (an Impa map early on in Adventure Mode).

Am I being stupid and it tells you the requirments somewhere?

Top Bottom