• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

TheMoon

By default, the game log is displayed on the Gamepad - informing you about what happened when and where. But I rarely look at my gamepad unless I'm playing on it without a TV.

Speaking of which...

It's awesome! It's 1080p downscaled to 720, so it has natural AA. Runs smoothly, looks crisp and plays well.
I'm actually almost exclusively playing it from my nest and I love it.

720p downscaled to 480p is what you wanted to say.

What are the online modes in this game?
NNID: Brawl96

There are no online modes.

you only have this:

Hayashi said:
"The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.”

Sify64

So how is playing this with just the Off TV play?
I might need to use that for awhile before I can play on my TV.
It plays fine with off-tv but I tend not to use it because the gamepad screen felt crowded for me with the hundreds of enemies appearing on-screen.

Oh cool! i just saw andymatronic appear on my screen as a network link. That was pretty quick.

Jawmuncher

By default, the game log is displayed on the Gamepad - informing you about what happened when and where. But I rarely look at my gamepad unless I'm playing on it without a TV.

Speaking of which...

It's awesome! It's 1080p downscaled to 720, so it has natural AA. Runs smoothly, looks crisp and plays well.
I'm actually almost exclusively playing it from my nest and I love it.

It plays fine with off-tv but I tend not to use it because the gamepad screen felt crowded for me with the hundreds of enemies appearing on-screen.

Oh cool! i just saw andymatronic appear on my screen as a network link. That was pretty quick.

Cool sounds like it won't be an issue then.
Thanks for the input everyone!

bobohoro

Got the game today and played a bit of Legend as well as Adventure Mode. Been suprised by just how good it plays, reminds me a lot of the Pirate Warriors game in terms of speed and movesets which is definitely a plus, since PW2 might just be my favourite musou. Shame though that they didn't even try with the story or action cutscenes, since they look rather good and would have some potential for epicness, but well. The total lack of voices is understandable, but still distracting, since I rarely can be bothered to read while slicing up thousands of enemies. But that's just nitpicky stuff, had a blast for several hours and can see myself investing lots of time to max characters and stuff. DLC is probably a lock as well by now.

Oh and NIND: bobohoro. Just mention neogaf when adding, I will be around HW for quite some time I guess.

RiggyRob

How bad is the co-op downgrade? Like going from 1080p/720p to 480p and 30 FPS to 20?

720p to 480p and tearing on the Gamepad but I don't actually think the framerate is affected that much aside from a bit of slowdown when things get intensive, and both the tearing and slowdown are occasional but infrequent. It's nothing that would mean you can't enjoy it.

How do I unlock the adventure mode characters? Like what specific items do I need to get them?

You need to search the area, and the reward depends on what you see when you search e.g. if there's a single boulder in a stretch of water, then you'll need to use a water bomb to unlock the character as a reward for that battle. I don't remember the specific items you need for each one, if in doubt use a compass.

fred

How can I tell what achievements/medals I've got so far..? Can't find them anywhere. Probably one of those daft things that's right in front of my face and I can't see it lol

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Minor spoiler question about playable characters in Legend mode:

Are Zant and Ghirahim playable in a story stage? Or only Ganondorf?

How many different weapons are there for each weapon type? Like with Lana's Spear I have Deku Spear, Kokiri Spear and Faron Spear. Are there any more?

Mmm, yeah, Zant is not really good against major bosses.
He hasnt got any attack that takes away sufficient damage to the weakpoint shield. Not even his A button specials.
The Zant heart for A rank in hard level and then fight against the Impressioned is going to be hard as hell. Ive just got B rank after 3 tries. Also fuck the golden cucco.

Was on instagram and there are people already camping out for the Nintendo world store limited edition hyrule warriors

Wish I were there, I'd camp out too :p

Are most people playing this with Dynasty Warriors controls or Zelda controls?

I chose Zelda controls and found it quite intuitive:

- A: dash
- B: light attack
- Y: strong attack
- X: special attack
- L: Z-targetting
- R: focus time
- ZL: shield
- ZR: equipped object

I also believe the 4 DLC packs total up to 1.6 GB also. So be sure to have more drive space if you plan on getting the DLC for it.

That's far more than I expected. The 32GB won't last me this year it seems...

Mrbob

Game is up on the eshop in roughly two hours?

Are most people playing this with Dynasty Warriors controls or Zelda controls?

I'll be going full Dynasty Warriors controls. Played too many musou games it will be tough for me to play this game othewise.

zroid

Banned
My copy shipped so unless something goes horribly wrong I should get it tomorrow around lunchtime. Never thought I'd be this excited for a musou game, hahaha.

Just hope Best Buy emails me the code for those Skyward Sword costumes soon.

Effect

That line is crazy. They really should just do a head count of people, give them tickets of some kind and let them go home since they aren't doing anything at midnight as far as I understood. They're in line for the store to open tomorrow morning.

Richie

Bought this a couple hours ago, have beaten the first two levels of Legend Mode, and done some Adventure mode challenges...This game is freakin' fun.

Say, is there any differences in stats' growth/performance if instead of leveling up my characters manually, I choose to do so by paying rupees in the Bazaar? I'm old school and prefer to train by hand, but would like to know if it makes any difference to do so.

I wonder how many resellers are in the line

But yeah, should definitely say how many copies are available , if I waited all night and missed out I'd be so mad

Also I bet there will be line cutters/"I was holding a spot for my friend" , not in my line , remember someone tried that for the Wii launch, lol everyone said gtfo to the back

Top Bottom