• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

kiryogi

Banned
Hmm I got a text from my Bestbuy saying its ready for pick up...

Called and confirmed. IT IS! . . . But I'm so busy with Ar nosurge D:

RPGCrazied

Should get game early tomorrow. Amazon shipped my game yesterday. Still no code though. My NNID is the same as my GAF name if anyone wants to add me.

JoeM86

Starting to struggle now, in Adventure Mode. Really need to get more rupees

I want to unlock the bottom left square, which I am told gives Link's final weapon, but I just can't get A Rank as Zelda on its neighbour. It's too hard.

Though I finished Legend Mode earlier today, great fun. I just fear there's now a very large grind ahead of me.

Jackano

Still havn't seen a clue of those Network Link things.
Anyway, will farm NNID in this case :) Zelda is serious business!
Add me: Jackano.

Edit: Reading the thread, be carefull and check the network parameter is On.

Kinsei

Banned
I have a quick question for people that have used Sheik.

When you use a combo finisher (Let's just use light > light > Heavy, and say it
ends in a fire attack for this example), does your standard heavy attack change element? I rewatched the Sheik trailer and it looked like the element of her standard heavy attack changed to the element of her most recent combo finisher.

LaNaranja

What is the difficulty like? Does it scale when playing coop? Should I crank up the difficulty for my first playthrough or leave it at the default setting?

Dizzy

Banned
What is the difficulty like? Does it scale when playing coop? Should I crank up the difficulty for my first playthrough or leave it at the default setting?
The game is very easy so you will be tempted to crank it up since on normal you might only lose a heart or two the whole battle.

On hard its still easy mostly however if you're a low level wih weak weapons you might end up laying into bosses for a good 5 minutes before they die.

I'd just go with normal and save hard for later as you will need to go through again anyway for hearts and skulltullas.

Adventure mode seems to be a mix. Some levels easy, some require higher level characters and weapons. Again the game isnt much harder imo its just that the enemies require a hell of a beating.

For co-op I've never noticed the difficulty change.

RetroMG

Found a bunch of PS4 games that I didn't even realize I still owned, so I traded them in to Gamestop, and now I am picking this up tomorrow!

El Odio

Banned
I have to admit, I was only really interested in this game because it was the only thing coming out till Smash 3DS but the impressions in this thread have really hyped me up for this over the past few weeks. Can't wait till I get out of class tomorrow and go get a copy somewhere.

Added a bunch of people from here who posted nnids. Not sure how it works but Adventure is super hard (read: frustrating) at times so if adding people helps I'm all for it

jonno394

I have a quick question for people that have used Sheik.

When you use a combo finisher (Let's just use light > light > Heavy, and say it
ends in a fire attack for this example), does your standard heavy attack change element? I rewatched the Sheik trailer and it looked like the element of her standard heavy attack changed to the element of her most recent combo finisher.

Yes that's how it works. Each shiek combo ends in a different element and it then changes what happens when you press heavy attack on its own.

(Eg light>heavy is a water attack. Press heavy after this combo and you're surrounded in a water shield

Light light light >heavy is an electric attack. Press heavy after this combo and for a few seconds everything in your vicinity as you move gets electric damage)

Damn, I forgot this game was coming this soon, now I have no money for it, goddammnit. And next month I already have Bayo 1+2, Smash 3DS and Minecraft Vita... Sigh.

Well, at least I'll be able to see GAF's reception of the game. The only thing that I will miss are the Ganondorf costumes from CN, I guess they will not end up as DLC, will they?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
people are ading eachother via nnids for what? Is there a online mode I wasent aware of? Not that im against adding my wiiU friends

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
people are ading eachother via nnids for what? Is there a online mode I wasent aware of? Not that im against adding my wiiU friends

The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.

Yes!!! I've gotten the last weapon of link in adventure mode after have succeeded an A rank Mission:
"the great fairy"
Is cleary the most powerful "character" in this game, she got the super armor and every human boss are derided in front of her; and her attacks are so funny(a combo bring a tennis match with link and her ala ganondorf in ocarina of time).
Man this game, this love for every character, I'm really having a blast!

LaNaranja

The game is very easy so you will be tempted to crank it up since on normal you might only lose a heart or two the whole battle.

On hard its still easy mostly however if you're a low level wih weak weapons you might end up laying into bosses for a good 5 minutes before they die.

I'd just go with normal and save hard for later as you will need to go through again anyway for hearts and skulltullas.

Adventure mode seems to be a mix. Some levels easy, some require higher level characters and weapons. Again the game isnt much harder imo its just that the enemies require a hell of a beating.

For co-op I've never noticed the difficulty change.

Thanks for the reply! Is there a difficulty above hard? I was thinking of doing one play through on hard and a potential subsequent one on a difficulty above it if available.

Sify64

Stage 1 is a struggle on hero mode. Even the minions and captains have become bullet sponges which deal a lot more damage. Think i will be running back down to Hard mode afterwards.

jimi_dini

Thanks for the reply! Is there a difficulty above hard?

Yes

I was thinking of doing one play through on hard and a potential subsequent one on a difficulty above it if available.

Eh, well... Good luck. You will need it (for Hero difficulty). Hard is definitely the proper setting for the first playthrough.

I guess you would have it way easier to play through story mode on hard difficulty, then fully beating adventure mode and unlocking all sorts of cool stuff and then maybe just maybe try hero mode.

kiryogi

Banned
:hums zelda theme ala Lana:

idMAk5KPGSzAf.jpg

Only catch is no Skyward Sword DLC code yet ;-;

Nohar

The alternate costumes are rather "meh", honestly (Ocarina of Time Ganondorf is ugly). The only one I find really beautiful is Skyward Sword Zelda.

Xane

Any videos of what displays on the Gamepad during gameplay?

By default, the game log is displayed on the Gamepad - informing you about what happened when and where. But I rarely look at my gamepad unless I'm playing on it without a TV.

Speaking of which...

So how is playing this with just the Off TV play?
I might need to use that for awhile before I can play on my TV.

It's awesome! It's 1080p downscaled to 720, so it has natural AA. Runs smoothly, looks crisp and plays well.
I'm actually almost exclusively playing it from my nest and I love it.

Top Bottom