• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Sadist

I'm starting to get Fi now. With her continuous dance-like attack she freaking rips everything to shreds. Her fightingstyle makes it hard for the camera to follow her though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mother of God

LonelyGreyWolf, I just wanted to jump into this thread and say NICE JOB on the OT!

Dizzy-4U

It finally finished downloading this morning. I don't know what the hell was going on with the Nintendo servers but it took me 3 days to download 7.2gb. My internet was running great outside of the WiiU.

Anyways, I will be playing this non-stop. If it's anything like Basara, I will love it.

If anyone wants to add me:

Dizzy4U

Is there a list to add people?

=/

I'm just asking for an official source, not criticizing your OP for not including it. It's clearly a commonly asked question if there has to be a notice about it in the OP, and though it's been asked many times I've yet to find any official mention of it. That's why I question it, and I'm just asking anyone for an official source if it really does exist, not just for myself but for anyone else in doubt. No need to get upset...

I'd just like to know, you know? And while it adds very little to the experience, I'd still like to have all of the content available for the game if I can. If these costumes really are going to be sold on the eShop in the future, then I can just wait until then. But if that isn't the case, then I would like to try to find a way to buy the codes I need before it's too late. That's why I'm asking. But I don't want to go tracking down the codes on eBay or wherever and spending the money on them now if I don't have to. That's why I'd like to see official confirmation of this claim.

It's in Nintendo Direct. Don't know at what time-stamp and honestly don't even remember if it was said in Hyrule Warriors Direct or a later one, sorry. I never thought much of it as I don't really care too much about it. I hope you can find some proper source eventually!

kiryogi

Banned
at which level did you get the A rank? I was around 30ish and it was like impossible to get 1,200 KO within 15 minutes, fighting these bosses took way too much of the time :(

I think I was 35 or 38? I also progressively kept getting better LV2 Deku spears each time I cleared it without A ranks. I was using one that had a base attack of 225 for the clear. When I did get the A rank clear, she was annihilating the mini-bosses. It also gave me enough time to capture all the northern keeps so I could corner the mandala stalks. With my luck, all 3 of them spawned in the Fairy Fountain, so that really saved me time to spend on Midna.

Mesoian

I tried Fi and ended up only spamming Y to have her dancing around lol. Still not understand what is the good point of her Xs

Increased power and speed. But the fact that you have to recharge it and can't not recharge it through combos (like Zelda can) means she still sucks.

Fi still sucks.

SoldnerKei

what is the point of adding people who have this game? there is no co-op online right? I read it's something regarding adventure mode but I don't really know what it does

kiryogi

Banned
what is the point of adding people who have this game? there is no co-op online right? I read it's something regarding adventure mode but I don't really know what it does

Give you the chance to run into them in adventure mode. When you assist them, you can get really good weapon drops.

shaowebb

Anyone know how to unlock the Windwaker yet? I've found Zant, Ghirahim, Agitha, Ruto, and the Gauntlets but not any of the other weapons.

Dreavus

Give you the chance to run into them in adventure mode. When you assist them, you can get really good weapon drops.

Any idea if random people show up for assistance in adventure mode? I don't have very many people on my list, and my network stuff defaulted to off and I just turned it on.

edit: I don't know if people are serious about groose... I mean, why? lol

Because he was the best new character in SS.

It's completely stupid that he isn't in the game. Every time period has two heroes and a villain represented EXCEPT for SS: OoT has Darunia/Ruto/Volga and TP has Midna/Agitha/Zant, but SS only has Fi/Ghirahim. I mean FFS,
they even included Groose cannons in the Imprisoned level
! It really stands out that he isn't playable when every aspect of the game points towards him being there. Here's hoping for some DLC/patch love.

Kinsei

Banned

It's completely stupid that he isn't in the game. Every time period has two heroes and a villain represented EXCEPT for SS: OoT has Darunia/Ruto/Volga and TP has Midna/Agitha/Zant, but SS only has Fi/Ghirahim. I mean FFS,
! It really stands out that he isn't playable when every aspect of the game points towards him being there. Here's hoping for some DLC/patch love.

Wut?

massoluk

Banned
Since when did Musou game has autosave? Thanks god, that Ganondorf
stage where you have to beat Zelda and Link at the same time. I manual saved right before Zelda revived and 15 seconds on the clock, would have to start the entire stage if it's not for auto checkpoint.

kiryogi

Banned
Any idea if random people show up for assistance in adventure mode? I don't have very many people on my list, and my network stuff defaulted to off and I just turned it on.

Yeah, randoms show up too, provided you have network on of course. But friendlists folks will give you better drops.

Add me too if you haven't! NNID: kiryogi

Actually Impa is from skyward sword as far as the game is concerned. How do I know? Because the 'VS Skyward' skill which gives increased damage against Skyward Sword characters apparently gives increased damage against Impa :p

Actually Impa is from skyward sword as far as the game is concerned. How do I know? Because the 'VS Skyward' skill which gives increased damage against Skyward Sword characters apparently gives increased damage against Impa :p

Oh really? Maybe she was intended to be a SS-character at first. Her design does look a lot like Impa from SS.

The roster is robust enough already, who else would you want?

Sahasrahla (LttP)
Ganon (LttP)
Saria (OoT)
Nabooru (OoT)
Kafei (MM)
Tingle (MM)
Medli (TWW)
Vaati (TMC)
True Form Midna (TP)
Linebeck (PH)
Groose (SS)

Certainly not ALL of these, but at least 3-4 extra shoutouts would have been nice.

Nope, in Hyrule Warrior's story she's a part of the same world as Link/Zelda/Lana/Cia. There is no second hero character from Skyloft in the game, only Fi.

Tyeforce

It's in Nintendo Direct. Don't know at what time-stamp and honestly don't even remember if it was said in Hyrule Warriors Direct or a later one, sorry. I never thought much of it as I don't really care too much about it. I hope you can find some proper source eventually!
Okay, well thank you.

If ANYONE else can provide an official source for the claim that the preorder costumes will indeed be sold on the eShop in the future, I would greatly appreciate it! I just fear that people may be confusing the preorder costumes with the new costumes that are included with the Hero of Hyrule season pass and assuming that the season pass also includes the preorder costumes. I've been searching and searching and I haven't been able to find any official confirmation, just claims that don't cite a source, and I find that really, really odd. I don't usually have this much trouble finding an official source for something like this.

emb

Sahasrahla (LttP)
Ganon (LttP)
Saria (OoT)
Nabooru (OoT)
Kafei (MM)
Tingle (MM)
Medli (TWW)
Vaati (TMC)
True Form Midna (TP)
Linebeck (PH)
Groose (SS)

Certainly not ALL of these, but at least 3-4 extra shoutouts would have been nice.
Basically, there are plenty more characters that can be added. Realistically, they'll never get all the characters from Zelda that would be a good fit.

I'm disappointed to see that Dark Link is gonna cost even though the model's already in the story. And I'm disappointed to see Volga, Cia, Wizzro, not playable from the start. But the latter is an issue of time constraints rather than exploitation.

Hopefully we'll see a sequel eventually with all the characters (+ DLC) from this game, and more (I'd love to see one that covered LttP, LA, and the Oracles, or one covering MM, WW, Zelda Wii U).

Nope, in Hyrule Warrior's story she's a part of the same world as Link/Zelda/Lana/Cia. There is no second hero character from Skyloft in the game, only Fi.

So if Midna, THE twilight princess, had already been in that world according to the story rather than brought in via the time portal, you wouldn't have considered her a Twilight Princess rep? Even if the VS Twlight did extra damage to her (and Zant and Agitha) and her design was pretty blatantly inspired by her twilight model? :p

JoeM86

Just unlocked
the Rewards Map in Adventure Mode and got the Zora Tunic.

It made me realise what they mean by Adventure Maps for DLC, and now I am very excited about the amount of content coming.

This game is going to take forever to 100%, and I love it.

emb

Okay, well thank you.

If ANYONE else can provide an official source for the claim that the preorder costumes will indeed be sold on the eShop in the future, I would greatly appreciate it! I just fear that people may be confusing the preorder costumes with the new costumes that are included with the Hero of Hyrule season pass and assuming that the season pass also includes the preorder costumes. I've been searching and searching and I haven't been able to find any official confirmation, just claims that don't cite a source, and I find that really, really odd. I don't usually have this much trouble finding an official source for something like this.
Found it:
Nintendo press release August 29 said:
Hyrule Warriors DLC: This mashup of Dynasty Warriors and The Legend of Zelda already includes a large amount of content. Nintendo plans to support the game for the long run with more content to help players expand their adventures even farther. That program kicks off when the game launches on Sept. 26. People who buy the game will receive access to a free download that adds a new mode, a new weapon and the option to select music to add to the Hyrule Warriors experience. As detailed in a recent Nintendo Direct, consumers who pre-order the game at select retailers will receive a free download code for a set of alternate in-game costumes for Link and Zelda. Additionally, anyone who registers the game with Club Nintendo will receive a free download code for a set of alternate costumes for Ganondorf. All of these additional costumes will become available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop in the near future. Further details on timing and pricing will be announced at a later time.
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41953

Basically, there are plenty more characters that can be added. Realistically, they'll never get all the characters from Zelda that would be a good fit.

I'm disappointed to see that Dark Link is gonna cost even though the model's already in the story. And I'm disappointed to see Volga, Cia, Wizzro, not playable from the start. But the latter is an issue of time constraints rather than exploitation.

Hopefully we'll see a sequel eventually with all the characters (+ DLC) from this game, and more (I'd love to see one that covered LttP, LA, and the Oracles, or one covering MM, WW, Zelda Wii U).
I think the best bet for a sequel (keeping the 3 game structure) would be story based on ALBW / ALttP, Wind Waker Universe and Majora's Mask crossover with bonus non-story stuff from handheld games (LA, Oracles, MC/FS Universe) and expanded character roster (Nanbooru, Twinrova, Groose, etc...). ALBW / ALttP seems more likely than Zelda U. Especially since Zelda U will probably be too new, unless we don't get a sequel for a long time.

So if Midna, THE twilight princess, had already been in that world according to the story rather than brought in via the time portal, you wouldn't have considered her a Twilight Princess rep? Even if the VS Twlight did extra damage to her (and Zant and Agitha) and her design was pretty blatantly inspired by her twilight model? :p

Exactly. The game is very specific about who reps what time period. Impa is a new version for Hyrule Warriors, created by TK and based on her most Warriors-like incarnation (SS). She appears in some form in all the time periods, hence her inclusion with the other characters that do so (Zelda/Link/Ganondorf). The other characters only appear in the game/time period they originated in. Fi is the only hero character that fits from SS, meaning that there is a spot for another SS exclusive character.

Case in point:

Near the end of the game Lana summons the heroes from the alternate time periods to help her. FI comes out alone, since Impa is already a part of that time period.

emb

I think the best bet for a sequel (keeping the 3 game structure) would be story based on ALBW / ALttP, Wind Waker Universe and Majora's Mask crossover with bonus non-story stuff from handheld games (LA, Oracles, MC/FS Universe) and expanded character roster (Nanbooru, Twinrova, Groose, etc...). I just think there's a lot more they can get from MM than just a DLC pack. Also, Zelda U will probably be too new, unless we don't get a sequel for a long time.
There's so much they can do, it'd be a shame if we never get a sequel. Plenty to work with.
THANK YOU!! That settles it then.
No problem! The Gaf thread on it didn't link to a source, just said it was in a press release. Sure enough, there was a press release from that same day. :)

Ack! Quoted right before I could edit my post, :p.

I realized MM was already on your list and changed the post accordingly to reflect my ZU replacement.

Either way, there certainly is a wealth of content they can pick from. ^__^

Exactly. The game is very specific about who reps what time period. Impa is a new version for Hyrule Warriors, created by TK and based on her most Warriors-like incarnation (SS). She appears in some form in all the time periods, hence her inclusion with the other characters that do so (Zelda/Link/Ganondorf). The other characters only appear in the game/time period they originated in. Fi is the only hero character that fits from SS, meaning that there is a spot for another SS exclusive character.

Case in point:

Near the end of the game Lana summons the heroes from the alternate time periods to help her. FI comes out alone, since Impa is already a part of that time period.

Well, I might not entirely agree with your stance (I'm less concerned with what the story says and more interested in where the designers think she's from) but it makes sense and I doubt I could dissuade you of it regardless :3

Maybe we'll get more DLC packs after the initial hero pack (I'm assuming/hoping they named it because they had more in mind) and Groose might make an appearance then?

I'm kind of secretly hoping somewhere down the line we'll end up with such madness as Cremia/Malon with a lobbed milk bottle grenade-style weapon, cow summons and UFO abduction attacks XD

So far we only know that three more characters will arrive to the game, of which one is from TP and two is from MM. We've already had plenty of discussions regarding who these three are though. More characters after that would be cool too but I kind of doubt it, thinking they'll save it for a sequel.

Top Bottom