• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kinsei

Banned
That Death Mountain chapter broke my heart.
I didn't want to beat up all of those Gorons! They're my favorite Zelda race. :(

Sheik is such a beast, though. I haven't quite gotten the harp down, but I love how
it references the OOT ocarina songs for each elemental mode.

Moving on to the Skyward Sword part shortly :/. Can't exactly say I'm excited since I know it is waiting for me.

Who is it? Fi, Ghirahim, or the Imprisoned?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
One thing that would've helped would be individualized NPCs...One Piece Musou was great because a ton of non-playable characters appeared as NPCs, fleshing out the 'verse. Here...well, they sort of dropped the ball. You've just got the generic enemy troops, and ONE generic Hyrule Soldier. Imagine if Skyloft had its own SS-style soldiers assisting you.

Likewise, I would've accepted some more Zelda characters as NPCs. Yeah, it might cause a bit disappointment as to why they couldn't be playable, and people would be speculating DLC, but if they weren't planned to be playable, I still would've loved to see Groose as an NPC, as well as dudes like the Twilight Brigade from TP, the Carpenters from OoT (imagine them being the dudes who build that bridge in that one mission), honestly TK dropped the ball there.

Kinsei

Banned
One thing that would've helped would be individualized NPCs...One Piece Musou was great because a ton of non-playable characters appeared as NPCs, fleshing out the 'verse. Here...well, they sort of dropped the ball. You've just got the generic enemy troops, and ONE generic Hyrule Soldier. Imagine if Skyloft had its own SS-style soldiers assisting you.

Likewise, I would've accepted some more Zelda characters as NPCs. Yeah, it might cause a bit disappointment as to why they couldn't be playable, and people would be speculating DLC, but if they weren't planned to be playable, I still would've loved to see Groose as an NPC, as well as dudes like the Twilight Brigade from TP, the Carpenters from OoT (imagine them being the dudes who build that bridge in that one mission), honestly TK dropped the ball there.

When it comes to NPC's I wish there were Zora soldiers that fought alongside you in Lake Hylia, and Twili in the Palace of Twilight.

Shadow Beasts as enemies in the Palace of Twilight would have been cool too.

Lulubop

His charges are shit. On these advanture mode stages where you have to keep damage at a minimum and officers everywhere, they're useless.

Watch Da Birdie

So, are we not getting any new stages for DLC? I thought that's what Adventure Map meant at first...

I mean, a Termina Map for the MM DLC with Clock Town in the middle, and the four areas surrounding it, makes SO much sense.

jmizzal

This first Skyloft mission is BS, either Fi dies or the Allied base is captured before I beat Volger, some of these mission is too designed for co-op i'm playing in hard mode

Anybody got some tips

I never have trouble getting killed its always somebody else

Anteo

This first Skyloft mission is BS, either Fi dies or the Allied base is captured before I beat Volger, some of these mission is too designed for co-op i'm playing in hard mode

Anybody got some tips

I never have trouble getting killed its always somebody else

Uh, when I played it I never had 2 objectives going on at the same time.. You should try to leave Volga for the end, take care of everything else first as quick as posible. Fi should be able to hold for a while even if she is asking for help

jmizzal

Uh, when I played it I never had 2 objectives going on at the same time.. You should try to leave Volga for the end, take care of everything else first as quick as posible. Fi should be able to hold for a while even if she is asking for help

The problem is Volga is fighting Fi so I cant go help the base or he is gonna kill her, this is right after the Great Fairy weakens him

Anteo

The problem is Volga is fighting Fi so I cant go help the base or he is gonna kill her, this is right after the Great Fairy weakens him

Just wait until you she is low enough so you can heal her with a rescue and go back to defend the base. When you are done with the base she should be in danger again. You could also get some levels in the training thing to make it a bit easier

Been playing the game and im having a pretty good time. I beat the OoT and SS sections. Now im onto the TP section, Lana and Agitha's scenes grated on me.

Does anybody know if there's any Hyrule Warriors merch at Nintendo World (besides the sold out Collectors Edition of course...)

Like a shirt or something I guess is what I'm after.

StAidan

Whew, finally beat mission 5 (Death Mountain) in a hard-won victory. Having to fight Darunia 4 times really made it a challenge. I'm having such an awesome time with this game. I'm not even close to done, and I already feel like I've gotten $60 worth of enjoyment out of it, lol.

Watch Da Birdie

Hmm...I sort of don't like Darunia because, he's so tall, the camera has a weird angle, especially for some of his specials. I remember DW8 had a problem with this with that Lu Xhu (the Wu dude with the swallow swords), where his moves would freak out the camera to the point I hated using him.

Otherwise he's really fun to use. The Water Temple mission was actually fairly difficult, since if you spent time searching for the Heart Piece/Skulluta, Ruto won't survive the segment when she's locked up.

Watch Da Birdie

What item do I need to use on the Adventure Mode spot with Ruto?

It looks like a green...thing, I thought I needed to burn it, but I guess not. The Power Bracelet?

I'm using Fi now to try and make my way through the Adventure mode Map so I can unlock Ghirahim. Holy shit, some of you weren't kidding when you said Fi was amazing. I am wrecking Zelda's shit.

Seik

Banned
So I pretty much played all night and holy shit I'm liking this game way more than I expected!

The music is awesome, the cutscenes are great, the graphics are better than I expected.

For a moment I played with a friend, it is true that the framerate and resolution are taking quite a hit while playing co-op, but we had fun so we didn't care, it wasn't unplayable and it was awesome to have two separate screens to play. :p

Playing on hard difficulty was a wise choice, though I'm having a hard time not dying too, hah.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Apparently the update went live in Japan and I guess they put the Oct. 16th stuff up there too.

Apparently it contains:

The Cia trio along with Story scenario's for them.

A new adventure mode map that is just as big as the first.

It has Heart pieces and new Skulltula's along with Lvl2 and Lvl3 weapons for the villains.

New Lvl4 weapons possibly for every character.

Also a new icon that looks like a T-shirt so possibly new costumes for characters.

And of course the Epona Weapon for Link.

And the original adventure mode map was 128 stages or so. I'm impressed.

Apparently the update went live in Japan and I guess they put the Oct. 16th stuff up there too.

Apparently it contains:

It has Heart pieces and new Skulltula's along with Lvl2 and Lvl3 weapons for the villains.

Also a new icon that looks like a T-shirt so possibly new costumes for characters.

Holy shit that's a lot, I think they miss update Epona, though. lol

Edit:I think they update the master quest by accident.

Seik

Banned

Apparently it contains:

Damn! O_O

Apparently it contains:

god damn

Watch Da Birdie

A new adventure mode map that is just as big as the first

S-shit...

Anyway, can't wait to see what all this contains. I might end up playing this more than Smash, lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Edit:I think they update the master quest by accident.

Possible. But maybe the Cia trio's Lvl2 and Lvl3 weapons were only obtainable via the new adventure map and figured they didn't want to screw JP players and make them wait.

Gonna be searching for video's but this update seems pretty sizable and practically doubles the game in content. It's nuts.

Watch Da Birdie

Man, Hyrule Warriors seems like it's the better game compared to Smash 3DS...I was planning to hold off on it for the latter, but Smash 3DS seems disappointing, while Hyrule Warriors is surprisingly great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man, Hyrule Warriors seems like it's the better game compared to Smash 3DS...I was planning to hold off on it for the latter, but Smash 3DS seems disappointing, while Hyrule Warriors is surprisingly great.

What is so disappointing about the 3DS version of Smash? I haven't followed it to much, but I was going to pick it up to play around with for the 6 weeks between it and the Wii U version.

Watch Da Birdie

What is so disappointing about the 3DS version of Smash? I haven't followed it to much, but I was going to pick it up to play around with for the 6 weeks between it and the Wii U version.

Lacking in a lot of ways, content wise. No Event, no Special Matches, no Break the Targets, etc. And I like SP Smash.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
The new adventure mode map makes sense for unlocking the new weapons, but there aren't as many weapons in this update as in the original game, which makes it being equal in size to the original map kinda weird. I hope they have something to pad out the new huge map.

Alternate theory: Depending on how far you advanced in legend mode, certain sections of the adventure mode map were locked. Might all DLC upgrades be contained in the same overall adventure mode map which gets unlocked further as more DLC gets released?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Lacking in a lot of ways, content wise. No Event, no Special Matches, no Break the Targets, etc. And I like SP Smash.

Something tells me Smash 3DS is more pick up and play while the Wii U version will likely be SP oriented.

That said I'll probably have way more fun with HW.

Apparently it contains:

Impressive if true, but I'll wait until I see sources before I believe it. If every character gets new costumes and the adventure map really is as big as the first one then that in particular is way better than I would have expected.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm guessing we're gonna have OoT Impa and Sheik, since it's the MQ Set, as Alt Costumes.

Watch Da Birdie

So is the new adventure mode map still just the original LoZ, or is it something different?

It's the Master Quest set...so, I'd hazard a guess and say it might be based on the Second Quest from Zelda...

Although, did that have a different map layout? I know the secrets were re-arranged, atleast.

emb

It's the Master Quest set...so, I'd hazard a guess and say it might be based on the Second Quest from Zelda...

Although, did that have a different map layout? I know the secrets were re-arranged, atleast.
Yeah, it was the same map, just with the secrets and dungeons re arranged.

Top Bottom