• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

I'm on the Adventure Mode. It's fun until I reached a Fi stage
KuGsj.gif

As for Agitha I dont like her playstyle and IMO there could have been better characters taking that spot. I know more DLC will come and they are probably saving more if they make a sequel later on. Afterall once they have one game they already have half of the cast set and double it for the next game (Look at the One Piece game)

As for the DLC Im not entirely sure if Im buying the season pass yet but we'll see.

Is ironic that the developers wanted so much to add her, and that would be mean that she had a lot of possibilities to basically be a broken character (ultra powerful with best attacks of all) butiInstead her moveset is completly atrocious saving one attack that seems more like you are cheating because you can spam it in a strange way.
She also has the worst dodge in the whole game.

Because he was the best new character in SS.

It's completely stupid that he isn't in the game. Every time period has two heroes and a villain represented EXCEPT for SS: OoT has Darunia/Ruto/Volga and TP has Midna/Agitha/Zant, but SS only has Fi/Ghirahim. I mean FFS,
they even included Groose cannons in the Imprisoned level
! It really stands out that he isn't playable when every aspect of the game points towards him being there. Here's hoping for some DLC/patch love.

The cutscenes where the good guys appear from protals in groups based on their game really stands out becuase Fii is alone.

Its really strange.

Groose was a no brainer.

ohlawd

just to make sure, stronger weapons need to be unlocked like Deku Stick lvl 2, right? Afterwards, I'm able to get them as a drop from monsters or do I have to farm them from that stage only?

just to make sure, stronger weapons need to be unlocked like Deku Stick lvl 2, right? Afterwards, I'm able to get them as a drop from monsters or do I have to farm them from that stage only?

Once unlocked you can find them randomly anywhere, though some people think they're more likely to turn up on the stage you unlocked them on (I don't know if there's any truth to that though.) It seems like you tend to be a little bit more likely to get weapons for whoever you're currently playing as at least based on my own experience :3

Is ironic that the developers wanted so much to add her, and that would be mean that she had a lot of possibilities to basically be a broken character (ultra powerful with best attacks of all) butiInstead her moveset is completly atrocious saving one attack that seems more like you are cheating because you can spam it in a strange way.
She also has the worst dodge in the whole game.
Her playstyle is growing on me and while her moveset isn't the best I'm still glad she made it in as she and Midna were always my favourite characters.
That said, the interviews back during the development of Twilight Princess already showed that the Zelda devs themselves were pretty fond of her design so I wasn't as mind-sploded as a lot of people when she turned up; just more pleasantly surprised :3

massoluk

Banned
I felt like I'm playing Midna wrong or something. She's incredible for clearing swarm of enemies, but she's getting butchered by the bosses most of the time.

I dont know if its known, but completing a whole image with the skulltulas thing opens up
a big new map for adventure mode
Just got it, does the game never end? lol

Once unlocked you can find them randomly anywhere, though some people think they're more likely to turn up on the stage you unlocked them on (I don't know if there's any truth to that though.) It seems like you tend to be a little bit more likely to get weapons for whoever you're currently playing as at least based on my own experience :3

Her playstyle is growing on me and while her moveset isn't the best I'm still glad she made it in as she and Midna were always my favourite characters.
That said, the interviews back during the development of Twilight Princess already showed that the Zelda devs themselves were pretty fond of her design so I wasn't as mind-sploded as a lot of people when she turned up; just more pleasantly surprised :3

Nah, i have her leveled up with the majority of the skill tree. She is pretty crappy with only one redeeming quality.
YYX-B
Is not even that useful on some ocassions (the adventure mode map of killing 700 charcater while 3 gohmas, a volga and multiple fat moblins want to troll you come to mind).

The rest of the attacks do nothing. Not even the wind one does much damage to groups, and thats is supposedly her group control move. She is also horrible with the dodge move (really aparent when you fight against volga).
The less we talk about the giant butterfly the better.

I felt like I'm playing Midna wrong or something. She's incredible for clearing swarm of enemies, but she's getting butchered by the bosses most of the time.

The YYXXX combo is the best to harm enemies (groups and single, like bosses and commanders), its really fast and powerfull. The YYYXX is for really large groups.

Nohar

So, Link's water weapon (ie. the
Great Fairy
) looks awesome... Sadly, the game doesn't like it at all, and the FPS drop like crazy. Not to mention it is a little difficult to attack some enemies with it, the camera is going all over the place during some attacks, and Link's "running speed" is incredibly slow with it (unless I'm mistaken? It is hard to analyze the speed of the character with a weapon this size, if you know what I mean... and now that I wrote that sentence, I realize it sounds very very wrong). It could have been a fun weapon, but as it is, the gameplay is just not good... Which is sad really, because the idea is fantastic.

The same could be said about Lana's last weapon. Very fun in theory, but is very difficult to wield. I was looking forward playing with this weapon, and now I'm kinda disappointed :-/

@Kinsei: When Gohma pops, drop its HP to 1/2, and keep your main base over 1/2 health (when the Mojo tree is on fire, rush the fairy fountain in order to be sure its HP doesn't drop too much, and if possible drop Gohma's HP below 1/2 BEFORE it jumps to the Mojo tree, otherwise your chances of fulfilling the conditions are pretty much toasted). Make sure you play on Hard or Heroic difficulty.

Mesoian

So, Link's water weapon (ie. the
Great Fairy
) looks awesome... Sadly, the game doesn't like it at all, and the FPS drop like crazy. Not to mention it is a little difficult to attack some enemies with it, the camera is going all over the place during some attacks, and Link's "running speed" is incredibly slow with it (unless I'm mistaken? It is hard to analyze the speed of the character with a weapon this size, if you know what I mean... and now that I wrote that sentence, I realize it sounds very very wrong). It could have been a fun weapon, but as it is, the gameplay is just not good... Which is sad really, because the idea is fantastic.

The same could be said about Lana's last weapon. Very fun in theory, but is very difficult to wield. I was looking forward playing with this weapon, and now I'm kinda disappointed :-/

The camera in this game has a ton of problems in general.

Dreavus

I am loving the attention to detail in this game.

The
King Dogongo
you fight at Lake Hylia looks just like it's OoT incarnation, rather than the slightly redesigned version you fight first.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Since when did Musou game has autosave? Thanks god, that Ganondorf
stage where you have to beat Zelda and Link at the same time. I manual saved right before Zelda revived and 15 seconds on the clock, would have to start the entire stage if it's not for auto checkpoint.

I think this is the first game I have played in the franchise that autosaves checkpoints. Pretty nice, though you can always manual save in other games as in this one. Also nice that if you do choose to quit or restart the map, all your levels and xp remains from the previous failed attempt. Some past games have flip-flopped on allowing that.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is kind of atrocious in comparison as it only autosaves after completing a mission entirely. Failure leads to an automatic boot to the title screen and if you didn't manually save during battle or even did a lot of managment surrounding weapon upgrades, skill swapping, xp distribution, etc... before starting a map, you return to the state the game was at after the previous victory, forcing you to redo all of that stuff. Orochi 1/2 were cool in that even after failed battles or death, it asked to save and will maintain any progress on your heroes.

Also playing on Hard, that map you discussed in spoil tags had me manually saving constantly at that point. Brutal section for my lvl 20 Ganon and I died a good half-dozen times before I succeeded with many save reloads during that part.

kiryogi

Banned
Oh man, my Lana is beasting now after all that work last night. Found a 5 star Faron Spear with base attack at 420 from an online assist <3

Marvie_3

Banned
On one of the Adventure mode stages, it says the A rank prize is a heart container. The icon has a picture of Sheik on it. So I used Sheik, got an A rank, but didn't get the prize. Did I do something wrong?

So im about 13 hours into the game, going back n forth between Legends and Adventure mode.

My instant first impressions when i started playing, "this game is crap". After playing more, "this game rocks".

The game really gives mixed impressions. It definitely feels like a DW game, but then theres brief moments where you feel like you're playing an action focused Zelda game.

Becuase its action focused, Boss battles, for the most part, feel nothing like you've played in a Zelda game. Almost feeling like a monster hunter/zelda game for a brief moment, for the big enemies.

+ presentation
+ character design/visuals
+ combo variety/animations/respect to individual characters
+ cut scenes
+ the music ROCKS
+ amount of content

- bland environments(though it is a DW game, and they're good enough)
- janky right stick camera control(though, you get use to it)
- some performance issues(nothing unplayable, and for the most part its fine, only when theres TONS of units on screen)
- can get repetitive(new weapons/items, characters, combos, enemies, environments does help refresh this)

Overall id give it a solid 7.5. Nothing special, but definitely a solid and good Zelda + DW game that rocks.

This song stood out as the most unique ive heard so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2y0R-Ipkws

parski

Me and a friend are playing this co-op. We just started the mission
where you fight GORONS. I'm an OOT junkie and I can't bring myself to slaughter my brethren. I put down my controller. I've had enough. Nice music shit game.

So I just unlocked
Ruto
in adventure mode. I don't know if I did the mission correctly. Before getting to the boss room, I had gotten a fairy and used it in a different room, but then there wasn't another fairy to use in the boss room. So I ended up beating the boss inside the keep even though the keep had an ice field and I kept taking damage from it, and the boss wouldn't follow me outside the keep. Something tells me that wasn't supposed to happen, but oh well, I get to play my most anticipated character now!

So can someone explain me how to kill The Imprissioned fast with Zant in the level to get his heart container with rank A?
Level 50 here, I try every attack, he does shit damage to his weakpoint shield.
There has to be some kind of trick for this to be possible
(or be level 99)

Me and a friend are playing this co-op. We just started the mission
where you fight GORONS. I'm an OOT junkie and I can't bring myself to slaughter my brethren. I put down my controller. I've had enough. Nice music shit game.

I really hope this is a joke, but in the internet, you never know.

jimi_dini

What the hell, I'm only getting extremely high level network links.

Just managed to get through a Level 77 network link stage. With my level 48 Impa. Well, she was level 48. I got leveled up 4 times during that stage lol. Had to rescue Link + Midna + captains around 10 times. The whole fricking level spawned enraged high level Lizalfos, Darknuts and other shit including saboteurs non stop and after dying one time, I managed to beat the damn thing.

Midna even got killed right in front my eyes. And my base was down to the last percent. I wooped 4 Lizalfos and 2 Darknut's ass right before it came down. What a nightmare.

shaowebb

Go for the hand slaps. Essentially mash Y until you see her slap the ground then start pounding X. I believe that ends in hand slaps and clothesline if you've got her full combo. Mad damage on that string. If you dont get hand slaps from that then I'm mixing it up with the grab and swing combo input. Either way...hand slaps beast. Also her wolf shooter combo which I think might be YYX (mash) is really good for bosses surprisingly. It buys you space and hits really well.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished legend mode and when the credits started rolling, the only thought I could manage to muster up was
"FUCKING AWESOME!"

Dare I say that this game is now in my top 5 favorite Legend of Zelda games? And it's not even a proper Legend of Zelda game, haha

My favorite parts were
The Tomb of Souls and the fight with Ganon
. Holy shit those two stages were so
good!
I can't believe this game was as
good
as it is and I can't believe the gaming press
gave it such a mediocre reception

Mesoian

That adventure map with the imprisoned and the 3 mini's is brutal, plus you can only use Fi on it, ahhhhh.

Go in with mutliple musou meters and full magic, get directly under him, use musou attack which destroys all toes, hit magic meter, yyyyx, 75% damage, if you're lucky, the little ones get hit to, if not, use them to build musou and repeat.

Took me a couple tries, but I got it. Felt easy on the run that I actually did it.

This game made me want a Wii U right now. Pretty weird, but it looks really fun (I'm not into musou games either).

It is, without a doubt, the best introductory musou game on the market.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I just unlocked
Ruto
in adventure mode. I don't know if I did the mission correctly. Before getting to the boss room, I had gotten a fairy and used it in a different room, but then there wasn't another fairy to use in the boss room. So I ended up beating the boss inside the keep even though the keep had an ice field and I kept taking damage from it, and the boss wouldn't follow me outside the keep. Something tells me that wasn't supposed to happen, but oh well, I get to play my most anticipated character now!

Did that mission yesterday myself and had the same issue. There are two magic field keeps and only 1 fairy bottle, so it's kind of a beginners trap to use the fairy on the wrong 'nearby' keep, because who wouldn't do that on a first play! Ended up just luring the boss outside the magic keep and killing it easily without taking tick damage though, had to keep pressing the attack to make sure it didn't run back inside.

What the hell, I'm only getting extremely high level network links.

Just managed to get through a Level 77 network link stage. With my level 48 Impa. Well, she was level 48. I got leveled up 4 times during that stage lol. Had to rescue Link + Midna + captains around 10 times. The whole fricking level spawned enraged high level Lizalfos, Darknuts and other shit including saboteurs non stop and after dying one time, I managed to beat the damn thing.

Midna even got killed right in front my eyes. And my base was down to the last percent. I wooped 4 Lizalfos and 2 Darknut's ass right before it came down. What a nightmare.

This stages are just horrible.
Other ones that are just nuts are the multiple golden aura poes and aeroalfos in groups of 8. Going inside one of those groups can be a total masaccre if you ar enot careful. I hate when all the poes decide to start throwing those slow as shit multiple purple balls that take one heart each.
Sometimes the game even likes to throw in some goldens cuccos just to laught at you a little more.

That adventure map with the imprisoned and the 3 mini's is brutal, plus you can only use Fi on it, ahhhhh.

Fi is one of the best characters against the imprisioned actually.

Meeps

Ugh, I haven't been this addicted to a game in a while! Lost most of the weekend to Legend Mode and am barely scratching the surface of Adventure. I could use some Wii U friends if people still have room. If anyone adds me, please PM me your ID and I'll add you tomorrow. Thanks! :D

NNID: Meepasaurus

Sadist

Man, what does a guy need to do to get some decent weapons here? I've only got Link's default Mastersword, Sheik's typhoon at 265 and a one of Impa's weapons at 285. Everything else is slightly above 100 or 90. I just can't find a spear above 96 attack points for Lana! It sucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but hey...

And those Network links... oof. I received a lvl 99 one on my map. My strongest character is at 48. Nope, nope, nope.

I'm liking this a lot more than anticipated. Then again I never knew that dynasty warriors had so much in common with Earth Defense Force and I love those games.

They should do a metroid themed earth defense force game next. That would be BAD ASS

meppi

Musou fans..how close is this to the regular dynasty warriors formula? (gameplay wise as in combo inputs missions structure etc)

Quite close but it has it's own unique quirks like every series has.
Reminds me quite a bit of the One Piece Pirate Warriors setup actually.
It's systems are a bit simplified compared to other series, especially when it comes to upgrading stuff. But it's nothing that ruins the game in any way.

If you like Hyrule Warriors, there's a very good chance that you will like one or more musou series as well.
My recommendations would be Sengoku Basara (4 if possible, import only), Warriors Orochi and especially Samurai Warriors 4.

I'm liking this a lot more than anticipated. Then again I never knew that dynasty warriors had so much in common with Earth Defense Force and I love those games.
Haha, that's great. EDF is one of my favourite game series, as is the Musou genre in general! :D
If you have a modded Wii, make sure to track down a copy of Zangeki no Reginleiv. One of my favourite Wii games ever! Love it so much I imported a second Japanese copy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe3nyCbsjMU

Anybody bothered by the lack of being able to add slots to your weapons ala Samurai Warriors? It's probably the only flaw in the game systems that I actually mind.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anybody bothered by the lack of being able to add slots to your weapons ala Samurai Warriors? It's probably the only flaw in the game systems that I actually mind.

Yup I find that annoying, that and not being able to overwrite old things. But since the game doesnt have a 150 characters or whatever it's not that big of a deal to me as it's the same time I would have spent maxing out every character anyways.

Man, what does a guy need to do to get some decent weapons here? I've only got Link's default Mastersword, Sheik's typhoon at 265 and a one of Impa's weapons at 285. Everything else is slightly above 100 or 90. I just can't find a spear above 96 attack points for Lana! It sucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but hey...

And those Network links... oof. I received a lvl 99 one on my map. My strongest character is at 48. Nope, nope, nope.
I'd like to know this too since a lot of my weapons are level 1 and probably why I'm finding a lot of the adventure stages that swarm bosses on you such a hassle

Quite close but it has it's own unique quirks like every series has.
Reminds me quite a bit of the One Piece Pirate Warriors setup actually.
It's systems are a bit simplified compared to other series, especially when it comes to upgrading stuff. But it's nothing that ruins the game in any way.

If you like Hyrule Warriors, there's a very good chance that you will like one or more musou series as well.
My recommendations would be Sengoku Basara (4 if possible, import only), Warriors Orochi and especially Samurai Warriors 4.

Haha, that's great. EDF is one of my favourite game series, as is the Musou genre in general! :D
If you have a modded Wii, make sure to track down a copy of Zangeki no Reginleiv. One of my favourite Wii games ever! Love it so much I imported a second Japanese copy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe3nyCbsjMU

I have heard of reginlev but man is it expensive. Maybe someday

Fandangox

Yeah its quite annoying it makes it really hard to get weapons with 6 slots and essentially makes weapons you are not using dead weight until you have to sell them automatically.

jackdoe

Haha. This game's story is hilarious. Especially with regards to Cia. When the game did the
mini flashback talking about her obsession with Link, I raised my eyebrow. Then when I got to the Temple of Souls, I was speechless. She became a straight up stalker.

That Death Mountain chapter broke my heart.
I didn't want to beat up all of those Gorons! They're my favorite Zelda race. :(

Sheik is such a beast, though. I haven't quite gotten the harp down, but I love how
it references the OOT ocarina songs for each elemental mode.

Moving on to the Skyward Sword part shortly :/. Can't exactly say I'm excited since I know it is waiting for me.

Top Bottom