• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I don't know why I bother.. new PA

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Drinky Crow said:
Go all GTO on 'em. And be sure to teach 'em how to pimp strut. A good modern Western education isn't complete without a solid background in pimp strutting.

Well you know I do have a MA in pimpology

xsarien

daedsiluap
TekunoRobby said:
It's the same for everybody, since the internet is an anonymous form of social gathering one is less restricted to be courteous and respectful since he/she doesn't suffer from any actual repurcussions except for static emotionless text. Even age differences, cultural background, and education are complete mysteries so there is always a constant clash in even day to day conversations since everybody operates on a different level of politeness. Unfortunately that information is unavailable to other users due to the faceless/emotionless methods of input (ignoring the use of emoticons and text manipulation). Even the biggest asshole on any forum might end up being a generally nice guy in public since social preassure is both implied and applied.

Sorry for the mundane common knowledge but I wanted to put up a link to the study of the Internet Anonyminity Theory, but I cannot find it.

Well, yeah. After about two years of taking CMC courses in college, this basically sums up the theories presented. But given the nature of the often tedious psychology behind such things, I often refer to a much more succinct model:

20040319l.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Yay for Washington! And MAF, what the hell did you do to your avatar now? It looks like a woman!

Edit: whoops forgot to mention. Seen the PA folk at Sakuracon before, they're actually okay IRL. But it's sort of funny to see them there at the same time .(Not to mention the PA vs Megatokyo panel with them throwing insults at each other)

Top Bottom