• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Have Seen the Light - SF3 Third Strike

toohectic

You guys need to see the Q tutorial video. I think the name of the video is called "Q-Clawstrophobic.wmv" and was made by the guys at www.karathrow.com . I don't think it's online at any major sites, but you can probably find it in #gamecombos on efnet. Or maybe someone else around here has a link to it.

Shouta

That match-up chart is a bit wonk but it's fairly true for American play. Japanese play it's all over the place. I saw a couple of really good Elenas whomp all over the top 3 (Chun-slut, Yun, and Ken) but get whomped on by Urien. The guys playing the Top 3 were damn good too. Wish I had had a camera to tape those fights because they were absolutely sick @_@.

I've seen some really good Qs and they're absolutely sick.

It just comes down to dedication. Someone who 'knows' a weak character better than the person using the strong character can win easily. Those flow charts are bleh because there are so many factors that come into play.

Plus Q looks like an autistic badass stalker killer fighter man

Asbel

The best I can say is that from the Japan tourny final vids I've seen, the top 5 tier characters get played the most (same tier as from the chart). Being a tourny final, it's the best vs the best, whereas, at a random arcade, there's more likely a large gap in skills between the two players. Also, the chart only says it accounts for two competitors of 'high' skill, not for say, two competitors of 'very high' skill. I say this because Makoto dominated the last tourny final I saw.

Top Bottom