• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to your update. Please post back and tell us if your PSU could handle the new card.

Got my card in today! It came in a day early, just a bit before noon.

ib2i5QblWbmkAn.JPG

Been messing around with it for a few hours. It's working fine on my 300 watt power supply. It's made a huge difference. Games that were practically unplayable at low settings are now perfectly playable at max settings at 1440x900 (my monitor's native resolution). It's fantastic. Totally worth the upgrade. Now I can really sink my teeth into PC gaming.

Now, if only I had more hard drive space...hah.

kharma45

There's a Microcenter about 45 minutes away in Tustin, CA (I'm in Santa Monica). Emulation is not important to me at all. I still have all of my old systems if I want to dig them out.

Good to know that sound cards are not important these days. Things sure have changed in the last 15 years.

Thanks for the help!

I'll get you a rough build sorted in a bit.

WolvenOne

I have a quick question, for anybody whom has experience with NewEgg returns.

Recently I picked up a Haswell i5 + Motherboard combo, but I had to RMA the motherboard because the 16X PCIE slot wouldn't work.

Well, upon taking the thing apart to send it back, I noticed a couple pins in the motherboards PGA socket were bent, not the CPU but the motherboard. Now, I didn't really look very closely at the PGA socket on the motherboard before installing everything, so I don't know if I'm responsible for that, or if they just sent me a less than pristine motherboard.

What I'm wondering, is how likely it is that'll prompt NewEgg not to replace or refund that motherboard. I've used them for years, but I've never really had to return anything before, and I don't know what their general attitude is when it comes to this sort of thing.

Should I expect them to repair or replace the motherboard, or should I prepare for the worst, and start setting money aside for a new board?

Probably not the best time to ask, but...

So a GTX 660 and a 7850 HD cost the same. I will be playing at 1600x900. Replacing a 4850. Which will give me the best bang for buck?

mkenyon

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good desk / chair setup for a 6'4" guy? I'm looking to totally renovate my 'gaming space' and want to make a comfy area for myself. I'm also tinkering with the idea of getting a tri-monitor setup, but that's a secondary concern.

Is this a good thread to post a question like this in? Or should I make a new one.
Lots of people swear by the Ikea Galant.

I personally prefer a really large heavy ass wood desk with industrial wire shelving for sorting out the PC parts and allowing for clean wire organization.

My old setup:

Piano

Banned
So UPS killed my computer and is sending me just under $1000 to build another one.

Here's what I came up with:

FJDoJHn.png

Any suggestions on what should be switched out? It overshoots my budget by about $250 but I could swallow that for the SSD.

Still if there are any easy switches for better bang for the buck it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jburton

Banned
In relation to my earlier post I am going to post some results from LatencyMon.

Ignore the reported CPU speed as its a fault with LatencyMon, I noticed a very large amount of hard pagefaults ........... any ideas?

Mouse is almost unusable, even just on desktop.

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1404.109091
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 310.90 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.302636
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.498077

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1355527
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 41
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 2
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: explorer.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 432
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 180
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 335409.741818
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.234425
Number of processes hit: 8

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 267.062727
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.080234
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.115961

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 182656
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 1
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

Total runtime on this report was only 4 minutes.

No Love

Banned
So UPS killed my computer and is sending me just under $1000 to build another one.

FJDoJHn.png

Any suggestions on what should be switched out? It overshoots my budget by about $250 but I could swallow that for the SSD.

Still if there are any easy switches for better bang for the buck it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

Some of those prices look high.

Swap the 840 Pro out for a regular 840 SSD. You'll never notice a difference in real world usage and they'll both last you decades in terms of lifespan potential. Take the $50-70 saved and put it towards a better GPU or buy another GTX 760.

Buy this RAM instead, lower voltage, higher quality.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKZK84/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(Wow, just noticed RAM prices have gone up like 30-40%. That sucks. I used to be able to buy that set of RAM for $50-60...)

kharma45

FJDoJHn.png

Thanks!

Swap your PSU to http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00918MEZG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

760 to this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DHW4HS4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Drop the DVD drive

Change your SSD to the regular 840 http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...facture=Samsung Memory & Storage&promoid=1195

Change your RAM to this stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Probably not the best time to ask, but...

So a GTX 660 and a 7850 HD cost the same. I will be playing at 1600x900. Replacing a 4850. Which will give me the best bang for buck?

660 is generally better, although a good overclocking 7850 will beat it if you can get it up to the 1.1GHz levels and beyond.

There's a Microcenter about 45 minutes away in Tustin, CA (I'm in Santa Monica). Emulation is not important to me at all. I still have all of my old systems if I want to dig them out.

Good to know that sound cards are not important these days. Things sure have changed in the last 15 years.

Thanks for the help!

If you're happy to drive the 45 mins this will come in at almost bang on $800 (PCP is listing the wrong GPU price)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.80 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($153.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: LG IPS224V-PN 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Other: i5-3570K + ASUS P8Z77-V LK Socket LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Bundle ($302.38)
Total: $804.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-20 19:35 EDT-0400)

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
If you're happy to drive the 45 mins this will come in at almost bang on $800 (PCP is listing the wrong GPU price)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.80 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($153.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: LG IPS224V-PN 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Other: i5-3570K + ASUS P8Z77-V LK Socket LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Bundle ($302.38)
Total: $804.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-20 19:35 EDT-0400)

Perfect. Thanks again for being such a huge help. I'll drive down to Micro Center this weekend.

One last question. If I'd like to avoid getting a DVD drive, what's the best way to install Windows 8 (or 7. no big preference). I see that Amazon sells the System Builder OEM DVD for $89. Do I just need to transfer that to a USB drive? Thanks again!

kharma45

Perfect. Thanks again for being such a huge help. I'll drive down to Micro Center this weekend.

One last question. If I'd like to avoid getting a DVD drive, what's the best way to install Windows 8 (or 7. no big preference). I see that Amazon sells the System Builder OEM DVD for $89. Do I just need to transfer that to a USB drive? Thanks again!

Just download the ISO from Microsoft with your key and then use their tool to make that USB drive bootable.

Do you know anyone at uni or anything like that? They might be able to get you a free key.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Just download the ISO from Microsoft with your key and then use their tool to make that USB drive bootable.

Do you know anyone at uni or anything like that? They might be able to get you a free key.

Dumb question. My only computer right now is a Mac Book with OSX. Can I still download the ISO?

kharma45

Dumb question. My only computer right now is a Mac Book with OSX. Can I still download the ISO?

You need Windows to use the tool. What you could do is install W7 into a VM (no product key, don't activate) and use the W7 USB/DVD download tool to make the USB stick for you that way.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got my card in today! It came in a day early, just a bit before noon.

Been messing around with it for a few hours. It's working fine on my 300 watt power supply. It's made a huge difference. Games that were practically unplayable at low settings are now perfectly playable at max settings at 1440x900 (my monitor's native resolution). It's fantastic. Totally worth the upgrade. Now I can really sink my teeth into PC gaming.

Now, if only I had more hard drive space...hah.
Glad to hear. Sometimes it's so easy what we take for granted. The $130 cards are stupidly fast and their little brothers are solid as well.
I went with an EVGA 660 superclocked in the end.
Both were good choices, enjoy :)
Hope you got a model with dual fans (The eVGA Carbon GTX660 is real nice)

Xisiqomelir

Haswell's emulation is indeed pretty beastly. Games which choked my old setup on PCSX2 (SotC, Odin Sphere, FF X-2) run just fine on Haswell with only the HD 4600.

I haven't installed Dolphin yet, but I own a ton of Wii games. I can test FPS for anyone thinking about buying a 4670k.

Azulsky

Thoughts on new build

Haswell temps get out of hand pretty quickly. Sad pandas!

Oh well with 8 quiet edition fans it still keeps temps reasonable during gamingthons and its easy on the ears. No more leafblower.

780 Classifieds are big ass cards

Piano

Banned
Okay, switched a few things around:
tSPZbv6.png

Had to add a mouse because the middle click on mine is dying. Stuck with the MSI video card since they price and performance seem similar and I've had years and years of great experiences with MSI video cards.

Does that look good, or are there any other no brainer switches?

Bento

Sup GAF, buying a new GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 OC 4GB and wanted to check if I'll be having any problem using it along with this pretty old Intel Core&#8482; i7 Quad Processor i7-950?

Also, read that this card should have good cooling but do you generally need to buy extra fans for todays graphics cards besides the ones on the card + built into the chassi (1 behind, 2 on the top and 1 on the side)?

They are great, I have one and it's very portable - I just got back from an anime con with it. When transporting it do be careful though, you can scratch the paint if you're not.

You're more of a man than me man, I'm terrified to move mine, but I think that's more to do with it being my first pc. Another +1 for the Node though, I love it.

Gruso

Has anyone had experience gaming with Intel HD5000 graphics yet? Don't worry, I'm not having crazy thoughts of building a real gaming rig around one, but I've been watching with interest since the HD4000 launched.

All the reviews I've found online are based on the Macbook Air. They suggest that despite Intel's claim of "twice the power" (of what, I wonder) there seems to be a real world gain of around 15% over the HD4000, and you're still in the ballpark of medium settings @ 768p to attain playable framerates. So not setting the earth on fire just yet.

Anyway, the new range of Intel NUC models is coming, and one of them is packing a HD5000 (in the i5-4250U). They also add multiple USB3 ports and a SATA port, so they're actually starting to look useful as a HTPC + light gaming box. Despite the fact that it's not particularly cost effective compared to a budget build that you can upgrade later, part of me really wants a baby Steam box to hang off the back of a TV. Thoughts?

Seanspeed

Banned
Where in the UK do you live? Aren't there any enthusiast shops local?

If you live near London, just off Tottenham Court Road is YOYOtech. Lots of different panels, and they'll happily plug a particular keyboard/mouse into a specific computer/monitor to find the combination you're most comfortable with.

Also, I once overheard the sales assistant downsell a gamer who was new to PC's from a i7 to a i5, telling her she didn't need the i7 benefits. I'll pretty much endorse them for life after that.
So Yoyotech are apparently out of business(or at least the store is).

Any other good enthusiast shops around the area? I'd like to look at some monitors still.

Also, read that this card should have good cooling but do you generally need to buy extra fans for todays graphics cards besides the ones on the card + built into the chassi (1 behind, 2 on the top and 1 on the side)?
Nah, you should be good.

kharma45

Okay, switched a few things around:
tSPZbv6.png

Had to add a mouse because the middle click on mine is dying. Stuck with the MSI video card since they price and performance seem similar and I've had years and years of great experiences with MSI video cards.

Does that look good, or are there any other no brainer switches?

Is that RAM the low profile stuff or the RAM with the stupid tall heatsinks?

Sup GAF, buying a new GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 OC 4GB and wanted to check if I'll be having any problem using it along with this pretty old Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950?

Is your i7 overclocked? If not then do that first.

The cooler on that GPU is more than adequate.

Zaph

So Yoyotech are apparently out of business(or at least the store is).

Any other good enthusiast shops around the area? I'd like to look at some monitors still.
Fuck, seriously? I used to drop by that place all the time.

Anyway, I'd still head to TCR. There are literally dozens to computer stores up and down it - it's kinda famous for it. Make a note of the monitors in the OP you're interested in, and go scout around. Make sure you don't miss this tucked away line of shops.

But please, if you find one you like, haggle! You may not get money off (often the prices are the same as online), but they'll usually throw in an accessory or something.

News Bot

Banned
Since I only bought my 7970 a few months ago, and the 9970 is releasing in a few months time... would I be able to get a full refund on the 7970 at all if it's still under warranty or whathaveyou? Just a thought, I likely don't have a clue.

kharma45

Since I only bought my 7970 a few months ago, and the 9970 is releasing in a few months time... would I be able to get a full refund on the 7970 at all if it's still under warranty or whathaveyou? Just a thought, I likely don't have a clue.

You wouldn't, no. Keep in mind too that when the 9970 launches it's gonna be at RRP levels for a while so it'll be north of at least £450 if not £500 if it's gonna be rivalling the Titan/780.

News Bot

Banned
You wouldn't, no. Keep in mind too that when the 9970 launches it's gonna be at RRP levels for a while so it'll be north of at least £450 if not £500 if it's gonna be rivalling the Titan/780.

Haha, thought as much. I have the money set aside for an upgrade already and selling my 7970 would cover it quite a bit since I don't intend on getting a PS4 for a while. Can't wait for the new series. It will pretty much cover the whole of next-gen will it not?

Addnan

Haha, thought as much. I have the money set aside for an upgrade already and selling my 7970 would cover it quite a bit since I don't intend on getting a PS4 for a while. Can't wait for the new series. It will pretty much cover the whole of next-gen will it not?

Well if you want the best eye candy probably not. 8800GTX will run most console ports, but it will look like how it does on console, sub hd etc. ;)

Azulsky

Okay so one of my friends lacks a PC. I was going to prop him up with some parts from my old rig + a few new bits to get him gaming again. Myself and a few other guys who went to school together are pitching in.

What will be donated.

i5-750
H50 Cooler
P7P55D-E PRO
8GB Ram

So I figure he can pretty much get rolling for ~$500. I specced out the video card as he will be on a 1080p monitor. I just wanted thoughts on other parts. He has a windows license from school.

GTX 760 - $260 (Cheapest EVGA SKU with ACX cooler)
Case - $90 (Corsair Carbide 300R)
PSU - $80 (SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM)
HDD- $90 (WD1002FAEX)
Disk Drive - $20 (Whatever that cheap Asus one is)

Thats about $550 + 15 shipping.

What do you think GAF?

ClairvoyanceGAF, let's talk...

current specs:

ASUS Z87 PRO
Intel Core i5 4670K (stock, cooled by NH-D14)
2x4GB DDR3@1600MHz
XFX Radeon 7850 2GB Black Edition (975MHz)
Corsair HX520
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
Dell U2412M, 1920x1200

as I'm seeing it right now, the GPU is my weakest link.
Don't get me wrong, so far, it's been great and I am confident it will allow me to play Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs on 1200@60fps on as highest settings as possible.

But looking into 2014 heavy hitters, I want to be able to play The Division, Titanfall, The Witcher 3, DA:I, MGS:V (fingers crossed) and other games without problems (1920x1200@60fps, stutter free at close to max settings) and I don't think 7850 will cut it.

I should probably look into upgrading next year with GeForce 9xx or AMD 9xxx, right?

I'm talking 600-800USD upgrade, right?

Seanspeed

Banned
Fuck, seriously? I used to drop by that place all the time.

Anyway, I'd still head to TCR. There are literally dozens to computer stores up and down it - it's kinda famous for it. Make a note of the monitors in the OP you're interested in, and go scout around. Make sure you don't miss this tucked away line of shops.

But please, if you find one you like, haggle! You may not get money off (often the prices are the same as online), but they'll usually throw in an accessory or something.
Looks good, thanks!

Honestly, if I find one I like, I'll probably have to be that asshole who goes home and orders it online still. Rather do that than lug around a big monitor home. We'll see, though.

Addnan

Okay so one of my friends lacks a PC. I was going to prop him up with some parts from my old rig + a few new bits to get him gaming again. Myself and a few other guys who went to school together are pitching in.

What will be donated.

i5-750
H50 Cooler
P7P55D-E PRO
8GB Ram

So I figure he can pretty much get rolling for ~$500. I specced out the video card as he will be on a 1080p monitor. I just wanted thoughts on other parts. He has a windows license from school.

GTX 760 - $260 (Cheapest EVGA SKU with ACX cooler)
Case - $90 (Corsair Carbide 300R)
PSU - $80 (SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM)
HDD- $90 (WD1002FAEX)
Disk Drive - $20 (Whatever that cheap Asus one is)

Thats about $550 + 15 shipping.

What do you think GAF?
Looks good. I would personally change the case to the Define R4 or the Arc Midi 2, but it would cost about $10 more, but I would sacrifice the DVD drive for it. The 300R will do though.

current specs:

ASUS Z87 PRO
2x4GB DDR3@1600MHz
Corsair HX520
Dell U2412M, 1920x1200

Don't get me wrong, so far, it's been great and I am confident it will allow me to play Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs on 1200@60fps on as highest settings as possible.

But looking into 2014 heavy hitters, I want to be able to play The Division, Titanfall, The Witcher 3, DA:I, MGS:V (fingers crossed) and other games without problems (1920x1200@60fps, stutter free at close to max settings) and I don't think 7850 will cut it.

I should probably look into upgrading next year with GeForce 9xx or AMD 9xxx, right?

Or $400. The 7970/770 range will beat your 7850 with ease. There is no way you will get 60fps at 1200p in Batman or Watch Dogs with ultra setting with a 7850. Unless they do some voodoo, which I will guess no going by the track record of Batman and Ubisoft.

Best to wait for the new cards though.

Azulsky

current specs:

ASUS Z87 PRO
2x4GB DDR3@1600MHz
Corsair HX520
Dell U2412M, 1920x1200

Yeah probably 1 top end card for 1200p. Just be aware that some of those settings(especially some of the AA options) are pretty much designed to eat GPU memory and they dont look any better.

Azulsky

Looks good. I would personally change the case to the Define R4 or the Arc Midi 2, but it would cost about $10 more, but I would sacrifice the DVD drive for it. The 300R will do though.

I will have to do some more case research. I just need a 120mm to put the AIO cooler on, and then I have a few(3) 140mm fans that I could add to any case I got him(if needed).

I think he needs the DVD drive for school(He is finishing up his phd soon), but if those cases are better then $10 isnt a problem.

Or $400. The 7970/770 range will beat your 7850 with ease.
I'm planning to buy a GPU in about a year from now (right before 2014 Holiday releases), so I'll be eyeing a GeForce 9xx or Radeon 9xxx, whatever is the best card for money then.
There is no way you will get 60fps at 1200p in Batman or Watch Dogs with ultra setting with a 7850. Unless they do some voodoo, which I will guess no going by the track record of Batman and Ubisoft.
I know. I'm not looking at 16x AA or TressFX-type of thing. But I think I'll be able to run these games pretty good on my rig , especially Batman since it's a UE3 game and those ran flawlessly even on my old rig (C2D E6600).

Yeah probably 1 top end card for 1200p. Just be aware that some of those settings(especially some of the AA options) are pretty much designed to eat GPU memory and they dont look any better.
I know, like I said, I won't chase crazy AA , Phsyx or some other...esoteric tech. Just "normal" HIGH settings.

We'll talk in a year in 2014 OT5 PC thread. ;)

Zaph

Any general rules for screwing in the mobo? Tight/careful?
Just common sense. Check to make sure there's good clearance (don't want shorts) and you don't need additioanl stand-offs. Place the screws in and then tighten diagonal corners. Don't over tighten. Afterwards make sure the board isn't bowing/flexing for any reason.

Modern computer components are almost completely foolproof. Don't overthink it.

edit: the only think which might be unnerving at first, is the pressure needed to unclamp/clamp the CPU socket.

Jeb

Guys, I'm putting my rig together and my motherboard does not properly line up with the screw slot things in my rig, its close but slightly out of alignment so I don't think I can screw it in, haven't tried though since I'm scared I'll brake it,.
I'll post pictures in a moment.

Zaph

Weekend project for my 4770k, am I forgetting anything?

Wondering if I should re-glue the IHS afterwards? Some people glue, others just place it on top then reattach the heatsink. If I don't, could the tiny vibrations from the H60's block pump cause an issue?

Also, is lapping worth the time? Or should I just clean off the glue residue and leave it at that? Apparently it's like a 1-2c difference at best?

Jeb

I'm using the cooler master Haf XM case with a MSI G45 gaming motherboard

2ho8q6e.jpg

2j4efpu.jpg

67jq0l.jpg

25t9l7d.jpg

Reason I posted the last pic is because they are not going all the way through and I thought it maybe the source of the problem, I tried to push them in but it stick and all the sockets never fully align..

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm using the cooler master Haf XM case with a MSI G45 gaming motherboard

2ho8q6e.jpg

2j4efpu.jpg

67jq0l.jpg

25t9l7d.jpg

Reason I posted the last pic is because they are not going all the way through and I thought it maybe the source of the problem, I tried to push them in but it stick and all the sockets never fully align..

upload them to imgur.

kennah

What the fuck is with the IO plate? It has prongs sticking out from the interior side that just push against the mobo connections. Do I clip these off or what?

Bend them out of the way

Anyone have recommendations for a HTPC case that will fit a normal size ATX mobo?

Nothing awesome or good looking. I'll take a quick look around and get back to you. What country are you in?

Guys, I'm putting my rig together and my motherboard does not properly line up with the screw slot things in my rig, its close but slightly out of alignment so I don't think I can screw it in, haven't tried though since I'm scared I'll brake it,.
I'll post pictures in a moment.

The case will flex. Don't be scared to bend the CASE (not the motherboard) Also only loosely put in the screws until they are all in. If you tighten one, then go to put in another one, you pretty much will guarantee that it won't fit (there is a 2mm of wiggle room built into the motherboard holes)

Lombax

Banned
Nothing awesome or good looking. I'll take a quick look around and get back to you. What country are you in?

I am in the US. Not too worried about aesthetics just looking for something that will be quiet, and can fit all my old parts. ATX mobo, and a HD5770.

Jeb

NVM, its fixed, that metal thing wasn't properly pushed till now.
I hope I didn't damage anything trying to align it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom