• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2016 Plus Ultra! HBM2, VR, 144Hz, and 4K for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Ars Technica write up: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/samsung-ssd-960-pro-evo-price-specs-release-date/

"...the 960 Pro offers a blistering peak read speed of 3.5GB/s and a peak write speed of 2.1GB/s, while the Evo offers 3.2GB/s and 1.9GB/s respectively. The 950 topped out at a mere 2.5GB/s and 1.5GB/s. The 960 Pro and the 960 Evo are due for release in October. The Pro starts at $329 for 512GB of storage, rising up to a cool $1,299 for a 2TB version. The Evo is a little lighter on the wallet, starting at $129 for a 250GB version, rising to $479 for a 1TB version."

950 Evo: Read - 3.2GB/s Write - 1.9GB/s 250gb $129, 500gb $249, 1tb $479
960 Pro: Read - 3.5GB/s Write - 2.1GB/s [[No 250gb]], 512gb $329, 1tb $629, 2tb $1299

Thanks, this is a good write-up. I'll probably go with the 1tb Evo. The $150 markup for the Pro is hard to justify when the Evo speeds are already a big upgrade over the 950 Pro.

Really dodged a bullet not getting the 950 Pro!

vector824

While I'm not overly worried about price with my build, no way could I justify the price difference betweeen the Evo and Pro based off those speed differences. Would that even be noticable in real world perforamnce?

Probably not unless you're doing large file transfers for video/3D work. It might shave a few seconds. I'd honestly go EVO for these m.2 cards.

matt05891

Shipping my pc cross country in a few days. Would love to bring it myself but my Thor case is way too big to check on a plane. Removing my cooler and gpu and packing it in the original boxes and having fed ex pack them + my pc, kbm, and my Astros which are in the org box and finally insuring it.

Still super fucking nervous over it. Spent like 1700 on it last year not counting perhipals. Anything you guys would recommend I do other then the above? I would remove my mobo as well I just feel it should be fine ( I lost the original box on a previous move so seems like the best option is remove the cooler/gpu and check ram on arrival).

Galava

Shipping my pc cross country in a few days. Would love to bring it myself but my Thor case is way too big to check on a plane. Removing my cooler and gpu and packing it in the original boxes and having fed ex pack them + my pc, kbm, and my Astros which are in the org box and finally insuring it.

Still super fucking nervous over it. Spent like 1700 on it last year not counting perhipals. Anything you guys would recommend I do other then the above? I would remove my mobo as well I just feel it should be fine ( I lost the original box on a previous move so seems like the best option is remove the cooler/gpu and check ram on arrival).

Tell me about it... I moved to another country (university studies for 18 months) last month and this week my family is shipping the PC by mail to me. I find myself checking the tracking every now and then, so nervous about it being lost or something (my baby...)

i5-6600k
16GB DDR4
GTX 970
AsRock Pro4S
And the rest is just standard stuff...

I shipped mine from Texas to Seoul. As long as it's packed well it should be OK.

Hey guys my friend is building a new pc, his budget is £1200 tbh I haven't kept up to date much, especially with skylake and all that jazz.

So hows this build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/CjxGJV

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£210.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: LEPA AquaChanger 240 103.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£73.42 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£126.44 @ More Computers)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£67.91 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.48 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (£409.97 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£88.00 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£76.99 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive (£8.75 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1163.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-22 22:04 BST+0100

Anything wrong? Anything you'd change?

Thanks.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Should I be waiting for Kabylake or get a 6700k now?

Im delaying for Kabylake just because it will cause a Skylake price drop. Plus it buys a little more time for a 1080ti release.

I make the choice on purchase time based on what major release is coming out that requires the power of a new PC. For me it was Deus Ex MK, but it ran fine on my 770 at 1080p, so I delayed some. Next big release is Civ 6, a netbook could run that so Im good on time. I imagine the next big game after that will be either the next Elder Scrolls, next Deus Ex or next new IP, all of which could be more than a year off.

I wonder what specs Cyberpunk will run at given it can be designed for PS4pro and the next Xbox. Betting its ultra settings will be hard for a 1080.

Ah cool, didn't realized they released pricing yet. $629 is a little more than I was willing to spend... might go for the EVO instead. If performance of the EVO is equal or better than the current 950 Pro I'll be happy since I was soooo close to picking one up last week.

That's what I'm wondering as well. I'm curious if I would notice any difference at all.

Pro offers longer warranty and MLC though, which is a good thing at least.

BTMash

Looks solid, wait on the M.2 (if you want the speed) because Samsung JUST announced the new 960 Pro/Evo M.2 cards to release next month.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might for the the 950 Evo since its not too big of a stretch (and order some of the other parts in the meantime)

vector824

Thanks for the suggestion. I might for the the 950 Evo since its not too big of a stretch (and order some of the other parts in the meantime)

Welcome!

Hey guys my friend is building a new pc, his budget is £1200 tbh I haven't kept up to date much, especially with skylake and all that jazz.

So hows this build:

CPU Cooler: LEPA AquaChanger 240 103.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£73.42 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£126.44 @ More Computers)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£67.91 @ More Computers)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.48 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (£409.97 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£76.99 @ Novatech)

Thanks.

He doesn't need that cooler, air is fine for a 6600k. Bumped the RAM to 3000mhz and added two more case fans for all the flow.

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 51.4 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£33.31 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£89.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case Fan: NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan (£14.46 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan (£14.46 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1174.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-22 23:07 BST+0100

LilJoka

So hows this build:

Thanks.

I beleive the ultra star is old tech - maybe.
ATX isn't needed.
I doubt he will ever sli, and therefore you may even consider ITX.
Optical drive for?
Overpriced ram
Avoid gigabyte 1070, loudest and not a good cooler (only 2 heat pipes vs others with 5).

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 51.4 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£33.31 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus Z170M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£107.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£78.17 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£44.28 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card (£397.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£97.29 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£81.32 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1110.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 00:12 BST+0100

BosSin

Phanteks are shipping a replacement audio port that will hopefully solve my issues. Only 2-3 excruciating weeks to wait. I really want this to be the solution, otherwise I'll have to start thinking about contacting gigabyte about the mobo.

Ah I'm not crazy this thread does exist! I couldn't even find it until someone linked it in another thread lol

Well after seven years it's time to retire the old Phenom II X4 and Radeon HD 5770 and upgrade to a modern medium-budget 1080p/60fps rig

Wanna play Resident Evil 7 in January and maybe have it last long enough to play VR games when that becomes more affordable in like ten years. And actually being able to watch YouTube in 60fps would be nice instead of the choppy windowed whateverthefuck I'm stuck with

Also could use the upgrade to make Unreal development work better, would be good if I can display my models and make a real-time show-reel that doesn't chug along

Will likely be going with a i7-6700k, feels like overkill but at least it won't be a bottleneck

I thought I had my mind made up going with a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, but after some research and vids maybe it would be good to go with the Radeon RX 480 8GB, due to AMD cards performing better with DX12/Vulcan despite slightly weaker current performance

Not sure if I'll be doing much overclocking but I'm open to it when it becomes a necessity, so I'll probably get a good mobo and cooling system when that time comes. Otherwise, I'll stick to stock stuff. This is something I'll need to do a lot more learning on so I don't burn my house down with me in it

Will be reusing case, fans, RAM and onboard soundcard

Any clarification on the 1060/480 with DX12/Vulcan? Watched lots of Digital Foundry vids on the subject but still on the fence!

Thanks! Still zooming thru the thread for ideas
You probably need to buy new ram too

Aw ok :(

Honestly don't even remember what kind of RAM I have lol, think it's DDR3

kuYuri

Ah I'm not crazy this thread does exist! I couldn't even find it until someone linked it in another thread lol

Well after seven years it's time to retire the old Phenom II X4 and Radeon HD 5770 and upgrade to a modern medium-budget 1080p/60fps rig

Wanna play Resident Evil 7 in January and maybe have it last long enough to play VR games when that becomes more affordable in like ten years. And actually being able to watch YouTube in 60fps would be nice instead of the choppy windowed whateverthefuck I'm stuck with

Also could use the upgrade to make Unreal development work better, would be good if I can display my models and make a real-time show-reel that doesn't chug along

Will likely be going with a i7-6700k, feels like overkill but at least it won't be a bottleneck

I thought I had my mind made up going with a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, but after some research and vids maybe it would be good to go with the Radeon RX 480 8GB, due to AMD cards performing better with DX12/Vulcan despite slightly weaker current performance

Not sure if I'll be doing much overclocking but I'm open to it when it becomes a necessity, so I'll probably get a good mobo and cooling system when that time comes. Otherwise, I'll stick to stock stuff. This is something I'll need to do a lot more learning on so I don't burn my house down with me in it

Will be reusing case, fans, RAM and onboard soundcard

Any clarification on the 1060/480 with DX12/Vulcan? Watched lots of Digital Foundry vids on the subject but still on the fence!

Thanks! Still zooming thru the thread for ideas

Aw ok :(

Honestly don't even remember what kind of RAM I have lol, think it's DDR3

What's your budget exactly? You say medium to play RE7 at 1080p/60, but then mention an i7 6700k for work in Unreal, which is quite up there for budgeting a build.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Could get a DDR3 board, but with a 6700k, why? IMO if you are getting a 6700K just go ahead and get a Z170 board and DDR4 RAM. Upgrading the motherboard and RAM later will just be more expensive in the long run and a bigger pain in the ass since it means entirely rebuilding.

You probably need to buy new ram too

Yep looks like I got 20GB DDR3. Soooo now I'm considering it lol

What's your budget exactly? You say medium to play RE7 at 1080p/60, but then mention an i7 6700k for work in Unreal, which is quite up there for budgeting a build.

However much I need to spend to not have to spend any more for several years, I guess. Not really about RE7 sinceit's gonna be pretty lax on hardware, but yeah running UE4 actually well will help out a lot, and some other stuff like Blender and Substance Designer (which have been managing pretty well on my old hardware anyway)

Mostly went with the 6700k since it seems pretty popular but if I can get a cheaper i5 I'm for it

Could get a DDR3 board, but with a 6700k, why? IMO if you are getting a 6700K just go ahead and get a Z170 board and DDR4 RAM. Upgrading the motherboard and RAM later will just be more expensive in the long run and a bigger pain in the ass since it means entirely rebuilding.

thanks for the mobo suggestion honestly the amount of them is overwhelming so it's good to get a name

And yeah will be upgrading the RAM then

Anyone want these four sticks I got

Also you guys are fast lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

However much I need to spend to not have to spend any more for several years, I guess. Not really about RE7 sinceit's gonna be pretty lax on hardware, but yeah running UE4 actually well will help out a lot, and some other stuff like Blender and Substance Designer (which have been managing pretty well on my old hardware anyway)

Mostly went with the 6700k since it seems pretty popular but if I can get a cheaper i5 I'm for it

thanks for the mobo suggestion honestly the amount of them is overwhelming so it's good to get a name

Z170 is a chipset and not a board, but that does narrow it down a lot. It's the only one that allows for multiplier-based overclocking (read: easy overclocking). If you know for sure you don't want to OC, you could save money with a B150 or H170 board, and a non-K CPU like the 6500.

6600K is $100 cheaper than a 6700K and really only sacrifices hyperthreading. For your use you could probably live without it.

"Great" build in the OP would be a good starting point. Reusing the case will save some money. PSU can too, but I'd consider replacing it if it's out of warranty. If you got a good one with the Phenom II build it's probably still fine though.

480 vs 1060 is basically a toss up. 1060 is the better card right now, so buying a 480 is kind of buying based on potential. Signs point to it possibly being better in DX12/Vulkan due to better async compute and recent history has AMD cards remaining competitive. Still hotter and more power hungry though, and who knows if the 480 will hold on as well as previous GCN cards.

Z170 is a chipset and not a board, but that does narrow it down a lot. It's the only one that allows for multiplier-based overclocking (read: easy overclocking). If you know for sure you don't want to OC, you could save money with a B150 or H170 board, and a non-K CPU like the 6500.

6600K is $100 cheaper than a 6700K and really only sacrifices hyperthreading. For your use you could probably live without it.

"Great" build in the OP would be a good starting point. Reusing the case will save some money. PSU can too, but I'd consider replacing it if it's out of warranty. If you got a good one with the Phenom II build it's probably still fine though.

480 vs 1060 is basically a toss up. 1060 is the better card right now, so buying a 480 is kind of buying based on potential. Signs point to it possibly being better in DX12/Vulkan due to better async compute and recent history has AMD cards remaining competitive. Still hotter and more power hungry though, and who knows if the 480 will hold on as well as previous GCN cards.

Hmm, looks like Newegg has a bundle with the 480 and a 6600k, saving $16...will keep that in mind

The PSU (550w) is acutally a replacement for my initial one that crapped out, thanks for the warranty tip. Otherwise it looks like it'd be ok (I need to see when I got this thing now)

Edit, limited warranty lasts 3 more years so cool

aahhh my head

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A smaller form factor though. Who wants a bulky ugly rig anymore? The smaller, the sleeker, the better.

ATX has the advantage of expandability. You can slot in all kinds of cards for more functionality or drives or whatever. The smaller your build the more you sacrifice on that front. That said, I'm on board the small form factor train, the volume of my new build is going to be less than half of my current one.

Speaking of which, anybody have any experience with the MSI Z170M Mortar?

That's the board I'm leaning towards if I get a Z170 since it's the cheapest one that checks all my boxes and would look good with the colors I'll end up with. Weak point seems like it will be power delivery, but I'm not sure I'm hardcore enough into OCing that it will be a problem. I'm content sticking with stock voltage and bumping up the multiplier as high as it's stable.

inner-G

Banned
A smaller form factor though. Who wants a bulky ugly rig anymore? The smaller, the sleeker, the better.
If you're not worried about space, a bigger board/case lets you expand more, fit full-length GPUs without worries, dual-GPU later if you want, have bigger/more fans, better cooling/airflow... aside from aesthetics, there's really no advantages to micro ATX.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($132.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ Video Card ($265.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case w/700W Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full 32/64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $742.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 01:30 EDT-0400

Aight, looking good...I hope??

My old case apparently doesn't support USB 3.0 for the front ports but eehhhhhhhh I don't think I ever had them plugged in right anyway

Mystified by water coolers ATM and fan noise doesn't bother me since I'm gonna be blasting gunshots through my headphones anyway

Edit, oh geez no wonder I could never find this thread I was searching Gaming Community ffs

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good. If you are buying very soon/now you can save some money on the CPU by buying from Monoprice. They have the 6600K for $210 on their site and their ebay store.

You could step down the motherboard a bit but ultimately it's about getting the features you want. From ports to board layout to power delivery to looks. It also has a couple USB2 headers just below the heatsink with the MSI logo on it, so you could still connect your front USB ports.

Looks good. If you are buying very soon/now you can save some money on the CPU by buying from Monoprice. They have the 6600K for $210 on their site and their ebay store.

You could step down the motherboard a bit but ultimately it's about getting the features you want. From ports to board layout to power delivery to looks. It also has a couple USB2 headers just below the heatsink with the MSI logo on it, so you could still connect your front USB ports.

oh hoooooo~ thank you will be getting it from there then

Edit. Aaaand purchased. Oh god is this happening

I'll take a look at a few more mobos

If you're not worried about space, a bigger board/case lets you expand more, fit full-length GPUs without worries, dual-GPU later if you want, have bigger/more fans, better cooling/airflow... aside from aesthetics, there's really no advantages to micro ATX.

Every point you made is covered by mATX.

LilJoka

Basically, that was all true about 6 years ago.
All of these points show lack of experience.

coughlanio

If you can afford the 6700k now, the spend the little extra IMO.

Grinchy

Banned
Mspsc1il.jpg

My god....I don't think I could bare to cover that up.

RS4-

Currently have a 2600k and 970.

Which should I upgrade? I'm guessing the GPU? As for the proc, what's a good worthwhile one to step to? Mind you, I've got no problems buying second hand either.

Current specs (built 2010):

Sapphire HD 5830 1GB GDDR5 DUAL DVI-I HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card
Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
ASUS P7P55D iP55 Socket LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
Antec TruePower New 650W Modular PSU - 80plus Bronze and SLI Certified 3x SATA
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Only upgrade I did since it was built was putting in an SSD. Would like another build that will last a good few years without having to do anything to it (my flatmate is building it for me). I won't be reusing any parts - old pc is staying where it is. Don't need a monitor just now (have this one) but I'll upgrade it in due course. Budget is £800-1000 (UK). Main reason for upgrade is to play Civ VI; don't do a huge amount of other pc gaming at the moment as I have a PS4 but this will probably change. Don't do any 3D work or video editing, just general use. Possibility of getting a VR headset in future. I have no clue about overclocking. Also need a new mouse and keyboard.

Currently have a 2600k and 970.

Which should I upgrade? I'm guessing the GPU? As for the proc, what's a good worthwhile one to step to? Mind you, I've got no problems buying second hand either.

why are you upgrading? sure they aren't the latest generation of cpu/gpus but they will still do just fine. a 970 is a bit slower than a 1060 but it will do just fine at 1080p 60fps in most games.

the 2600K is just as good as a 6700K when gaming. the only improvement a 6700K would give you is if you play on integrated graphics or do non gaming tasks.

if you were to upgrade one part i'd say the GPU but i wouldn't bother upgrading just yet unless you want to play at 1440p 60fps. in that case i'd get a GTX 1070.

2600K vs 6700K: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/287?vs=1543

970 vs 1060: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1771?vs=1743

970 vs 1070: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1731?vs=1743

guys, which of these GTX 1070 custom gpus is the best?

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

I'm also considering a cheap one, MSI GTX 1070 Armor for example, in case the price difference is not worth it.

Jezbollah

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
ASUS GTX 1070 Strix

I'm also considering a cheap one, MSI GTX 1070 Armor for example, in case the price difference is not worth it.

I think you can't go wrong with either the Strix or EVGA IMO.

fantomena

Question about overclocking GPU:

I have the Strix 1080 OC Edition which comes with the GPU Tweak 2 with pre-installed OC-profiles (OC Boost and gaming boost), but you can also make your own profiles. However, the boost only seems to be enabled if I have the software up and running. What do I do to permanently boost my GPU?

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
ASUS GTX 1070 Strix

i have the msi one and have no issues with it. really happy with it. i've overclocked it to 2Ghz core and 4.4Ghz memory.. so far. at 1440p in time spy/heaven benchmarks it doesn't go over 50% fan speed or 70C with stock fan profile. the fans are really quiet up until about 70%.

i'm not sure about the asus but i have read that the EVGA ones run hottest. however i don't think it's a huge deal what make or model you get. get whatever one you can find cheapest.

Question about overclocking GPU:

I have the Strix 1080 OC Edition which comes with the GPU Tweak 2 with pre-installed OC-profiles (OC Boost and gaming boost), but you can also make your own profiles. However, the boost only seems to be enabled if I have the software up and running. What do I do to permanently boost my GPU?

use MSI afterburner and do your overclocking with that. you don't need an MSI card it works with any GPU make. don't use the software that comes with your GPU. they really aren't needed and you will need to open it each time to enable/disable it. with MSI afterburner the overclock you put in is saved and loaded at every boot up of your PC.

fantomena

use MSI afterburner and do your overclocking with that. you don't need an MSI card it works with any GPU make. don't use the software that comes with your GPU. they really aren't needed and you will need to open it each time to enable/disable it. with MSI afterburner the overclock you put in is saved and loaded at every boot up of your PC.

Thanks.

Also, will it work if I use the same settings e.g. the OC boost uses in GPU Tweak 2 in Afterburner? Almost just copying the numbers/settings over?

Thanks.

Also, will it work if I use the same settings e.g. the OC boost uses in GPU Tweak 2 in Afterburner? Almost just copying the numbers/settings over?

if your card can do for example...2025 core / 4400 memory using the OC boost in gpu tweak then yeah you can set afterburner to do that. however with nvidia you don't input the exact clockspeeds. you enter how much you want to add. so for example say the GPU's base clock speeds at 1970/4100 you'd need to put in +55/+300 to get 2025/4400.

overclock presets with your GPU are usually just basic ones. with afterburner you'll be able to push the card as far as it can go. make sure to give the card the full power limit. you can even play about with voltages if you download the beta version.

fantomena

if your card can do for example...2025 core / 4400 memory using the OC boost in gpu tweak then yeah you can set afterburner to do that. however with nvidia you don't input the exact clockspeeds. you enter how much you want to add. so for example say the GPU's base clock speeds at 1970/4100 you'd need to put in +55/+300 to get 2025/4400.

overclock presets with your GPU are usually just basic ones. with afterburner you'll be able to push the card as far as it can go. make sure to give the card the full power limit. you can even play about with voltages if you download the beta version.

Ah ok. So the abse clock is 1759 and the OC boost in GPU Tweak is 1943 MHz, I need to add what's between 1759 and 1943?

Ah ok. So the abse clock is 1759 and the OC boost in GPU Tweak is 1943 MHz, I need to add what's between 1759 and 1943?

+184. hmm that actually seems a bit high. is your GPU going to 1943 automatically or are you manually having to set it? my 1070 can only go to +100

i think maybe to be on the safe side you should just start with +5 for your core and then test it. if it doesn't crash then keep adding +5 until it becomes unstable. for your memory add +50 each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom