• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2016 Plus Ultra! HBM2, VR, 144Hz, and 4K for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you go to the processes tab, sort by ram and screenshot that?

ram1p1sco.png

ram209sk9.png

this is an hour or two after my last screenshot, I had a restart.

When I restart it's only at 10 %.

The Chef

Well, looks like I'll be finally making an order next week.

Purpose: Gaming & Work
For work I use a lot of After Effects and video stuff.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($337.02 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($37.26 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($159.43 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.61 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($460.35 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($100.39 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($91.88 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell U3415W 34.0" 60Hz Monitor ($713.55 @ Amazon)
Total: $1958.49

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I basically priced out what I saw in the OP but since it was last updated a few months ago I just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything.

kuYuri

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($37.26 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.61 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($91.88 @ Amazon)

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I basically priced out what I saw in the OP but since it was last updated a few months ago I just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything.

Since you're spending that much on a build, I would add a nicer air cooler like the Cryorig H7 and get DDR4-3000mhz RAM as it should only cost an extra $5 or so. It's totally fine though!

vector824

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looks straight to me. Someone on here will tell you to get a different cooler though. haha! You're going to love that case. Pick up the NZXT Hue+ light kit. It looks amazing.

Rufus

Well, that's less than helpful now. Make a screenshot of the same tab when your RAM is filled, not when it's freshly booted.

Until then: Did you have to reboot, or did you choose to?

The Chef

Since you're spending that much on a build, I would add a nicer air cooler like the Cryorig H7 and get DDR4-3000mhz RAM as it should only cost an extra $5 or so. It's totally fine though!

Rockin, swapped out the cooler and changed the ram to 3000mhz.

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($43.53 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($86.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2051.75

Looks straight to me. Someone on here will tell you to get a different cooler though. haha! You're going to love that case. Pick up the NZXT Hue+ light kit. It looks amazing.
Awesome. I'll totally get the light :)

Thanks for the input!

I've got the MSI version of this and just wanted to say it runs great. I haven't messed around with overclocking yet, but under load it hasn't gone above 50C, 25C idle.

It's so cool to have all these new AIO cooler options for video cards now. Setup is as easy as can be and it really doesn't cost much more than the standard air cooled card.

You've given me hope that my VR rig can sustain those overclocked figures now with those kinds of temps you mentioned. It's kinda selfish of me to ask the VR rig to run this stressed with games in 4K, but it's in the living room, and the it's connected to the 4K in addition to the Vive, so it has to do it no matter what. :p

SUUUURE you don't wanna just wait for Kaby Lake? Just 3 more months or so.
I'm sure I'll be fine with the current Skylake, the reason why I got the motherboard for that low was because it was $40 off if purchased with a processor.
Then proceed to kick myself in a few years if that doesn't pan out in the long run
Get a nice air cooler instead of the H60. Same price, better performance. And if you can afford a little bit more, get a better power supply. It's the one component all the other ones rely on. EVGA makes some decent units, but not at that price range.
Kind of too late to mention that since the shipment with the H60 and 1060 is already on the way, and I can't cancel the order for the PSU for some reason.
Kaby Lake should fit in the LGA 1151 socket. Same as Skylake.
Indeed it does.

vector824

I'm sure I'll be fine with the current Skylake, the reason why I got the motherboard for that low was because it was $40 off if purchased with a processor.
Then proceed to kick myself in a few years if that doesn't pan out in the long run

Kaby Lake should fit in the LGA 1151 socket. Same as Skylake.

Nailed it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Get a better cooler. The Cryorig H7 is the same price, performs better, and looks better.

Another quick question. i seem to have got unlucky in the "silicon lottery". i think if i were to try get 4.6Ghz I'd need to put about 1.37/1.38V in and 1.43/1.44V for 4.7Ghz (voltages are just a rough guess). is it worth it? i know intel says 1.5v is the max but a lot of people say don't go over 1.4V. i just use my PC for games and don't use it for anything heavy for a lot of time. would running at those voltages ruin my cpu? should i just stay at what i have? 100mhz isn't a big difference but might be worth it getting another 200mhz. as for temps i haven't gone over 73C in stress tests.

1.4V is fine, as is 1.45V. Most games and applications take advantage of clock speed. If your temps are good, do it.

Ugh. You might have a memory leak somewhere... Some sort of driver issue possibly. Can be a bit of a pain to sort out. If it just shows up under "System" or something non-descriptive like that in task manager, you may need to get poolmon or some other tool going:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ntdebugging/2012/08/30/troubleshooting-pool-leaks-part-2-poolmon/

The Chef

So on PC Part Picker it was telling me that if I were to buy everything from Amazon it would be quite a bit more expensive (over $120 more)

So I just did an exhaustive comparison of seeing what would be better. Purchasing each item invidiually (for the most part) from the cheapest retailers from PCPartPicker vs Buying everything on Amazon.

Adding up totals & shipping from all the other retailers its comes to: $1386
Buying everything on Amazon Prime: $1377.

Pro tip! Use Amazon Prime

enewtabie

Question: I have a 2009 Dell with Windows 10.. It has a 2tb drive. Could I put it in my mini itx build and still keep windows? I'm doing something like an i5 and a 480. Or is it tied to the original machine?

Question: I have a 2009 Dell with Windows 10.. It has a 2tb drive. Could I put it in my mini itx build and still keep windows? I'm doing something like an i5 and a 480. Or is it tied to the original machine?

In theory its meant to depend on what type of OS it is, but in all practicality it should be fine, though you might have to reactivate it by putting the license key in again.

Ugh. You might have a memory leak somewhere... Some sort of driver issue possibly. Can be a bit of a pain to sort out. If it just shows up under "System" or something non-descriptive like that in task manager, you may need to get poolmon or some other tool going:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ntdebugging/2012/08/30/troubleshooting-pool-leaks-part-2-poolmon/

Hm thanks.

What does RAM on Standby mean? Right now, my PC is using 3,6GB of RAM, 1,6GB is in Standby.

J_Viper

This is maybe a dumb question, but does installing Norton impact performance in any way?

I feel uncomfortable rolling only with Windows Defender.

Also, if anyone is using a PS Gold headset on with your PC, are you using it via Bluetooth, or wired?

mrtoaster

Neo Member
What do you think of this?

CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6500 LGA1151, 3,2 GHz, 6MB, Boxed
HDD: Samsung 250GB 750 EVO SSD
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 SC 6GB, GDDR5
MEM: Kingston 8GB(2x4GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz, CL14
MB: MSI B150M Mortar, LGA1151, Intel B150, DDR4, mATX
PWR: Silverstone 500W, Strider Essential-230, ATX 2.3, 80 Plus
WLAN: TP-Link TL-WN881ND N300
CASE: Fractal Design Core 2300

867,70 €

Aight, everything just arrived today, got the day off so I know what ill be doing!!

...but since I'm reusing my old case and taking the old parts out this really needs to be dusted bad :/

Also just realized if I had taken the back panel out installing the drives would have been a lot easier than trying to squeeze the cables in from the front lol

Therion

So I just built pretty much the enthusiast build from the OP (actually I had NCIX build it for me). It worked fine for a couple days, then started powering down at random. I fiddled with the BIOS settings a bit to try to improve stability and then ran some stress tests and it seemed to be working fine. Hardware monitors showed no problems. But later it shut down again and now it won't even boot to BIOS. I've tried disconnecting/reseating everything (except the CPU which I don't have any extra paste for) to no avail, so I'm guessing either the CPU or motherboard has failed in some way? What do the experts think?

So I just built pretty much the enthusiast build from the OP (actually I had NCIX build it for me). It worked fine for a couple days, then started powering down at random. I fiddled with the BIOS settings a bit to try to improve stability and then ran some stress tests and it seemed to be working fine. Hardware monitors showed no problems. But later it shut down again and now it won't even boot to BIOS. I've tried disconnecting/reseating everything (except the CPU which I don't have any extra paste for) to no avail, so I'm guessing either the CPU or motherboard has failed in some way? What do the experts think?
I would guess the power supply. If NCIX built it for you I would talk to them about it. I imagine they'll fix things up for you.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Thought I would ask again, what type of card should I get for someone who just browses web and watches youtube on a 4k monitor. No gaming needed. A sub $100 460 OK? Should I go to Buy/Sell for an older card? Don't want to go crazy high end as it would require multiple power supply leads, bigger case...

LilJoka

Thought I would ask again, what type of card should I get for someone who just browses web and watches youtube on a 4k monitor. No gaming needed. A sub $100 460 OK? Should I go to Buy/Sell for an older card? Don't want to go crazy high end as it would require multiple power supply leads, bigger case...

Integrated GPU depending on the CPU.

vlaktron

Neo Member
So i just ordered an RX 470. Do these cards still have the voltage issue where they need to be undervolted to fix the performance issues? Or has amd fixed that?

kuYuri

I would guess the power supply. If NCIX built it for you I would talk to them about it. I imagine they'll fix things up for you.

This. If you had your build done by a builder, you should absolutely contact them. Typically they include troubleshooting and have a year or more of warranty coverage of some sort.

So i just ordered an RX 470. Do these cards still have the voltage issue where they need to be undervolted to fix the performance issues? Or has amd fixed that?

It's been fixed with a driver update.

Therion

This. If you had your build done by a builder, you should absolutely contact them. Typically they include troubleshooting and have a year or more of warranty coverage of some sort.

Thanks. I have contacted them and am waiting for a response, but my experiences with their customer service during the build process haven't left me very optimistic. In the meantime I'll pick up a voltage tester and check the PSU myself. Also getting a speaker for the motherboard to see if that will tell me anything. Any other suggestions are welcome, too.

sn00zer

Ok gaf....Im getting a gaming PC (grumble) largely because the itch to make small game never went away and now I have some money.

Soooo I built 2 PCs, one in 2004 for HL2 and one in 2007 for Crysis....so Ive been out of the game for a long time.

My budget is $1200. I would prefer not to build it (bummed I missed the DELL deal a while back) but will if people are real adamant about it.

I don't have a monitor/keyboard/mouse but that can be an additional cost on top of the $1200.

So where the eff do I start? Cuz last time I built a computer 320MB was a lot for a GFX card.

EDIT: Oh... well this seems right in my budget.... https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/2Ryp99/excellent-gaming-build

DBLEDIT: I will also need Windows 10, not sure what other software I need

TRPLEDIT: Probably only going to use the 3TB harddrive, dont see the need for the SSD unless there is some reason for it.

Ok gaf....Im getting a gaming PC (grumble) largely because the itch to make small game never went away and now I have some money.

Soooo I built 2 PCs, one in 2004 for HL2 and one in 2007 for Crysis....so Ive been out of the game for a long time.

My budget is $1200. I would prefer not to build it (bummed I missed the DELL deal a while back) but will if people are real adamant about it.

I don't have a monitor/keyboard/mouse but that can be an additional cost on top of the $1200.

So where the eff do I start? Cuz last time I built a computer 320MB was a lot for a GFX card.

EDIT: Oh... well this seems right in my budget.... https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/2Ryp99/excellent-gaming-build

TRPLEDIT: Probably only going to use the 3TB harddrive, dont see the need for the SSD unless there is some reason for it.

SSD is immensely nice if you have the OS, and other 'essential' programmes on it, due to the effect on load times.

Start with the OP, it has some suggested builds, guidelines and a survey you should fill out so we can help tailor your build to your needs/preferences.

GUYS! I need some advice!

I have a crap mATX case (Corsair 200R) that leaves a lot to be desired. It's just too damn big and in spite of its size, has really shit options so far as cooling is concerned.

I'm considering chucking the case and going Mini ITX. I'd like to have a PC that's small enough to take to work with me when I have long shifts with nothing to do.

Trouble is, I'd have to chuck the PSU (non modular full size), motherboard, cooler, and anything else too big to fit inside an mITX case. My CPU is a 4790K and it seems as though Z97 Mini ITX motherboards are impossible to find nowadays without paying out the nose.

This means that pretty much all the components that aren't my CPU, RAM, Graphics card, and possibly SSD/HDDS will need to be replaced. At ~$80-130 for a case, $150 for a MOBO, ~$100 for an SFX PSU (if needed), $~50-80 for a CPU cooler. I'm hovering in the mid $400 range which is seriously offputting as this wouldn't be an upgrade but a side-grade. I would treat this as an opportunity to upgrade to Skylake but franky, I don't think Skylake is worth upgrading from a 4790K. Maybe someone could advise me on that.

I'm just not happy with my current build. Maybe Mini ITX isn't even necessary? Maybe there's a Micro ATX case that could do what I want it to do?

It needs to fit an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, a i7-4790K, 1 SSD and two 3.5" HDDs and it has to be able to stay cool enough to not throttle either of those two things.

GUYS! I need some advice!

I have a crap mATX case (Corsair 200R) that leaves a lot to be desired. It's just too damn big and in spite of its size, has really shit options so far as cooling is concerned.

I'm considering chucking the case and going Mini ITX. I'd like to have a PC that's small enough to take to work with me when I have long shifts with nothing to do.

Trouble is, I'd have to chuck the PSU (non modular full size), motherboard, cooler, and anything else too big to fit inside an mITX case. My CPU is a 4790K and it seems as though Z97 Mini ITX motherboards are impossible to find nowadays without paying out the nose.

This means that pretty much all the components that aren't my CPU, RAM, Graphics card, and possibly SSD/HDDS will need to be replaced. At ~$80-130 for a case, $150 for a MOBO, ~$100 for an SFX PSU (if needed), $~50-80 for a CPU cooler. I'm hovering in the mid $400 range which is seriously offputting as this wouldn't be an upgrade but a side-grade. I would treat this as an opportunity to upgrade to Skylake but franky, I don't think Skylake is worth upgrading from a 4790K. Maybe someone could advise me on that.

I'm just not happy with my current build. Maybe Mini ITX isn't even necessary? Maybe there's a Micro ATX case that could do what I want it to do?

It needs to fit an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, a i7-4790K, 1 SSD and two 3.5" HDDs and it has to be able to stay cool enough to not throttle either of those two things.

So you'd be transporting your desktop + monitor/keyboard/mouse to and from work? Sounds like a hassle. Skylake isn't worth upgrading from your 4790k.

I'd look at a handheld or even leaving a console there instead tbh. Or building a tiny PC for easy to run games. Or a laptop.

How often will you need to move your desktop back and forth?

Got my finalized build, can't wait to see how it turns out.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung EVO SSD (Carried over from old desktop, unsure about drive size)
Storage: Some random 2TB HDD left over from my old desktop
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($239.99 @ NewEgg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.61 @ NewEgg)
Total: $760.55

I would just get an air cooler, like a hyper 212 evo, and use the extra money on a better GPU or power supply. Probably the power supply, since a 1070 is an exra $200.

sn00zer

Start with the OP, it has some suggested builds, guidelines and a survey you should fill out so we can help tailor your build to your needs/preferences.
Your Current Specs: nothin'

Budget: ~$1200 USA

Main Use: Gaming, 3D/Model (looking to do some low poly work in Blender), Will eventually get VR device, light game development (Gamemaker/Unity)

Monitor Resolution: Do need a monitor, do not care about 4K, not looking to spend much on monitor

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: Plan is to extensively use VR, Unity, and Blender, will use for general gaming but not looking to go way over 60fps

Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope

When will you build?: next few weeks

Will you be overclocking?: Nope

So you'd be transporting your desktop + monitor/keyboard/mouse to and from work? Sounds like a hassle. Skylake isn't worth upgrading from your 4790k.

I'd look at a handheld or even leaving a console there instead tbh. Or building a tiny PC for easy to run games. Or a laptop.

How often will you need to move your desktop back and forth?

Probably every weekend.

I'd rather not build an entirely new system. I have a 3DS but that doesn't hold my attention. It'd be super cool to be able to take my system with me.

soco

My RAM is nearly full again.

https://abload.de/img/ramioszh.png[IMG]

CPU is also quite high, wsappx (2) takes over 20 %.

What to do with the RAM situation? I don't see anything that takes that much place.[/QUOTE]

Those things may not be real problems. Windows has a tendency to use currently unallocated resources to accomplish background tasks or to boost performance. For example, indexing files will often consume a lot of cpu resources, but once you start doing something, it'll generally get out of the way (runs at a lower priority, and possibly pauses until you're done).

The same is true of ram. Some of the stuff that caches isn't always listed in the cache. Do something to put memory pressure on the system and see if the numbers change.

The one peculiar aspect of the screenshot is that your non-paged pool is very high. I think there used to be a memory leak with network data usage monitor, and you could disable it.

Try grabbing [url=https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx]Process Explorer[/url] and see if you can find what's using up most of your ram. If it's a service you can drill down in and found out which one and possibly disable it.

soco

I wouldn't skip the SSD. it can vastly improve your overall performance and waiting time. You could skip the water cooler though and go for a cheaper fan/tower cooler.

vector824

Your Current Specs: nothin'

Budget: ~$1200 USA

Main Use: Gaming, 3D/Model (looking to do some low poly work in Blender), Will eventually get VR device, light game development (Gamemaker/Unity)

Monitor Resolution: Do need a monitor, do not care about 4K, not looking to spend much on monitor

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: Plan is to extensively use VR, Unity, and Blender, will use for general gaming but not looking to go way over 60fps

Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope

When will you build?: next few weeks

Will you be overclocking?: Nope

First go. i7, 256gb SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($137.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($79.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($121.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.71 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($249.00 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($84.88 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan ($7.99 @ Directron)
Total: $1214.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 21:59 EDT-0400

Bigger SSD, i5 instead of i7.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($137.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($79.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($158.57 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.71 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($249.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1170.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:04 EDT-0400

And my favorite. i7 and wait for the 960 EVO M.2 SSD to drop in October for $129.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($100.66 @ Newegg)
Other: 960 Evo M.2 SSD 256gb ($129.00)
Total: $1184.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:11 EDT-0400

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like some nice cables but I just can't justify those prices. A set of cables would be the third most expensive component in the PC...

My buddy wants to build a PC for foot in the door 800. Is that a possibility?

If he has a monitor, mouse, and keyboard he can make something pretty nice for $800. Otherwise it would require some big sacrifices.

vector824

My buddy wants to build a PC for foot in the door 800. Is that a possibility?

Yep! ATX build. Buy an SSD asap though. Keyboard + Mouse combo can be had for $15... although not a great one. Monitor's are going to run $130-$230.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($16.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($86.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($40.88 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 470 8GB NITRO+ Video Card ($238.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($82.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $761.11
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:26 EDT-0400

Straight plug and play, but he's better off waiting and saving for a i5 6500.

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($40.88 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($82.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor ($110.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Mouse: Logitech B100 Wired Optical Mouse ($6.80 @ NCIX US)
Total: $787.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:29 EDT-0400

Like this:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor ($110.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Mouse: Logitech B100 Wired Optical Mouse ($6.80 @ NCIX US)
Total: $888.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-30 22:31 EDT-0400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom