• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It passed?"

images

that image kills me every time

ryseing

Amazingly we aren't this dumb. Electoral college ensures a Hillary win even if we attempt to screw it up.

And people wonder why the EC still exists.

The Founders had a point. Direct democracy isn't always the way to go. Sometimes the masses need to be protected from themselves.

samn

And people wonder why the EC still exists.

The Founders had a point. Direct democracy isn't always the way to go. Sometimes the masses need to be protected from themselves.

Not sure how the EC is the only or best way to do a representative democracy.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Idiots, of course their vote mattered as that was the whole point of voting and because of their stupidity they may have fucked the country over and could make it harder for people in Europe to get a job in the UK.

I assumed they would regret it in a couple of years, but the day after? LOL. Well it will be a very long process and Britain hasn't started the official process yet so it doesn't have to happen. They have to elect leaders who will stop the process.

jm89

You know what we should do make everyone do some basic test to see if they understand what the fuck they are voting for and based on that allow them to vote.

Obviously not feasible but damn it would reduce the stupidity we are seeing from some people who voted leave.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Is there an actual source for this?

It sounds like one of those Einstein quotes that the internet has concocted.

I looked and is the telegraph a good source?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...always-be-the-last-word-in-political-wit.html
Edit: nvm the 2nd scource was on mobile
That Churchill quote is fake and misattributed to him. It originates from the early early 90s internet, which is why you see so many publications quote it to true (because even reporters google everything).

Of course that just makes the saying even better because people will repeat it to mock uninformed voters, only to out themselves as being uninformed too!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That Churchill quote is fake and misattributed to him. It originates from the early early 90s internet, which is why you see so many publications quote it to true (because even reporters google everything).

Of course that just makes the saying even better because people will repeat it to mock uninformed voters, only to out themselves as being uninformed too!

I get the message. Sorry.

But many voters have since spoken out saying they are shocked at the poll's outcome and did not believe their Leave votes would actually count.

One voter, named only as Adam from Manchester, told the BBC: “I didn’t think that was going to happen.

“My vote – I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain.
O5NyCibf93upy.gif

iceatcs

Look at UK age pyramid. It doesn't look good for future.

Old people won't change the mind, and the age population will be still the same for a while.

Jintor

he did say democracy is the worst form of government (or at least quoted someone else saying it) but yes... this particular quote is near impossible to source

i'm an idiot who doesn't know much about brexit. somebody please explain to me why they voted that way if they immediately regretted it.

PJV3

Secretly act like a twat at the ballot box, then announce how much of a twat you are on television.

So much Twattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom