• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Ice Cream and don't know where to get it. DQ/Baskin/Sonic/Cold Stone/Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Recommend a place.

Fast food sundaes are nice, but also enjoyed Cold Stone a couple of times. There's a new Dairy Queen nearby and a Baskin Robbins, plus a Godiva boutique that is stellar and a Haagen Dazs. I'm actually surrounded by notable ice cream options. Or do you think frozen yogurt is worth a shot?

Tell me where to get the ice cream shop out of my system

25600-Ice-Cream-Gif.gif

Persona7

Banned
sonic has half price milkshakes after 8PM, I think

the cheesecake ones are good but they have a giant selection

cold stone too, idk

DOWN

Banned
sonic has half price milkshakes after 8PM, I think

the cheesecake ones are good but they have a giant selection

cold stone too, idk
Okay while I like the idea, I'll mention that their smallest shakes are like 900 calories

Mimosa97

Sonic if you want that 1500 calories per milkshake goodness.

DQ is overrated.

I didn't know Godiva sold ice cream ? The ones I've been to here in Canada only had chocolate treats.

Of those choices I'd choose Cold Stone or Häagen-Dazs. Otherwise I'd go to the grocery store and get some Ben and Jerry's or Talenti.

Baskin Robbins has some of the worst ice cream I've ever had.

Zoe

Don't look up calorie counts for Coldstone--you'll regret it.

Technically DQ is ice milk. I think a Sonic is the only fast food chain that has actual ice cream.

I prefer frozen custard though--Freddy's or Culvers.

kirby_fox

Banned
If you have a non-chain store or major brand, go with that. Local stuff is most of the time way better tasting than any of those listed.

At least around here it is.

Find myself gravitating more and more towards FroYo than anything else these days, but pretty much everything is great. I'm a die-hard Ben and Jerry's Phish Food fan, or you can get some World Class Chocolate from Basking Robbins...or if you have a Ghiradelli chocolate/ice cream store nearby their sundaes are fantastic.

rykomatsu

If you live in the Bay Area (specifically the South Bay near San Jose / Campbell), Willow Glen Creamery...get the custard...amazing.

Store bought I would say Talenti

DopeToast

Banned
Dairy Queen is great for blizzards or quick and cheap soft serve. I love it.

Cold Stone is good, especially with the customization, but if there is a Ben and Jerry's near you, or if you can find it in the store get that. Great stuff. Häagen-Dazs is good. Graeter's is a Cincinnati brand, but they sell it in stores around a lot of the country. Get that if you can find it.

I don't really like frozen yogurt places. Frozen custard can be good, though.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
where do you live?

the best ice cream here in Portland is local made in small shops.. Cool Moon, Salt & Straw, Pinolo Gelateria, J Gelati, What’s The Scoop?, Ruby Jewel..

I'd do that, support local.

Otherwise, fuck it.. grab a pint of B&J and pig out.

Tansut

Since we have a thread to discuss it... Has anyone had that Jurassic World Blizzard from DQ? It looks pretty tasty and I'm gonna be at DQ later today so I'm thinking of getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom