• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Idle Speculation Rumor) Sony could launch PStwo in late October, claims report

Insertia said:
GREAT plan on Sony's part if true.

If PSTwo actually makes it this year it'll take a lot of steam out of DS.
Also releasing it close to GTA:SA will deflate Xbox/Halo2 at the retail.

I agree with this, but I think it's a sign of the times when Sony needs to do this as a defensive reaction as opposed to doing it at a more "strategic" point of the hardware cycle. However, if true, it will pay off in spades come this holiday season as I agree, this will probably be "THE" system for the holiday, moreso than the DS (which will probably still do very, very well).

I'm very sure that PS2 publishers are VERY behind this move.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Goreomedy said:
I was skeptical about this rumor, but everything is falling into place.

Tuesday...
Same here. The clincher for me was the reference to this SCPH-70000 model in the game manuals for some of the games released this month (Burnout 3, Sly 2). To my knowledge, they've never made a specific reference to a PS2 model number in manuals before, to the extent where they indicate the PS2 diagram shown "may not match all Playstation 2 console types".

teiresias

I agree with this, but I think it's a sign of the times when Sony needs to do this as a defensive reaction as opposed to doing it at a more "strategic" point of the hardware cycle. However, if true, it will pay off in spades come this holiday season as I agree, this will probably be "THE" system for the holiday, moreso than the DS (which will probably still do very, very well).

I'm very sure that PS2 publishers are VERY behind this move.

I'm not sure I'd view this as a defensive reaction if you're going to equate it to the DS as much as an offensive reaction to leverage their huge power in the console sector to try and influence Nintendo's hold on the handheld sector.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"as there any truth to the rumors (or speculation) that GTA:SA will utilize the add on HDD for the PS2?"

it doesn't use the HDD.

Pachinko

I doubt they'd include the HD for somethign that much smaller. But I would think they'd have some way to put the existing one into the system, also the ethernet would be built right into the system instead of needing a seperate adapter.. hell I feel like making a photoshop.
pstwo.jpg

there... it's awful looking but I can see it looking like that.

Top Bottom