• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

It has. Feel free to buy it and read it and think about it.
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

Will do! I know very little about it, except that a lot of people seem to like it, so I'm excited to start reading. Seems like a fairly quick read too, so a good first book to kick off the bookcast.

PS. I feel like the bookcast should get a group going on Goodreads. It would be interesting to see how many people are reading along.

I just finished The Sense of An Ending today. Great Book.

Won't discuss it here of course, there's a time and place for that.

It did remind me of the way [MASS EFFECT GAME SPOILER]
Mass Effect 2 characters are portrayed
in Mass Effect 3.

See what I did there?

BookGameSegBlumGold.

fivefivewizardno@idlethumbs.net if you're against gay wizard marriage.

3ojo96.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
Thanks Amazon one-click. I would have just picked it up from the B&N down the road today, but it was $8 more. You guys just don't learn, do ya?

Looking forward to a bookcast! Printed words all over my face!

Will the bookcast be a monthly thing or how does it work?

And also, where's our secret backers forum?!

Yes, monthly, although we don't know when the first episode will be yet.

And that's a good idea! Weirdly we never thought about a backer forum. We're going to look into that now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The new TMA has a great interview with the Thumbs guys about the Network and the Kickstarter, including their pre-launch meltdown. It's super interesting.

Jintor

Got the feed working, don't know what was wrong, stupid Google Listen

So... I really hope they have either a food podcast, or some kind of D&D podcast in the wings

TTG

Dear Idle Thumbs,

Since you're uploading past episodes to youtube, I feel like you should stealth edit them with some "predictions" or discussions about current topics. You would be true wizards.

eznark

Banned
The new TMA has a great interview with the Thumbs guys about the Network and the Kickstarter, including their pre-launch meltdown. It's super interesting.

I'm looking forward to the dedicated space for TMA. Hopefully you jackasses who like your Goldblum McHorsebag humor will start listening to some adults and participate in the TMA discussions! The TMA gaf thread is a ghost town.

Vannaman is so hilariously earnest when he gets rolling. "I never thought I'd be on this side of the mic" was funny. Chris calling him out was so, so much funnier.

Lijik

Hopefully you jackasses who like your Goldblum McHorsebag humor will start listening to some adults and participate in the TMA discussions! The TMA gaf thread is a ghost town.
Why I can't think of a better way to get people on board! ;P

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to the dedicated space for TMA. Hopefully you jackasses who like your Goldblum McHorsebag humor will start listening to some adults and participate in the TMA discussions! The TMA gaf thread is a ghost town.

Vannaman is so hilariously earnest when he gets rolling. "I never thought I'd be on this side of the mic" was funny. Chris calling him out was so, so much funnier.

I'm neck-deep in an overloaded semester at uni (software engineering), I wish I had the time to invest in actually playing and enjoying strategy games. I've never actually given TMA a real listen, but I'll probably give it a shot in the future.

El Sloth

Banned

Adult discussions are for horsebag enthusiasts.

(I actually just don't have time to invest to strategy games at the moment. I might download a cast or two anyways.)

eznark

Banned
I'm neck-deep in an overloaded semester at uni (software engineering), I wish I had the time to invest in actually playing and enjoying strategy games. I've never actually given TMA a real listen, but I'll probably give it a shot in the future.

Troy put it best when he talked about how they focus on design. The interviews are also (quite literally) some of the best in games journalism. They are not afraid to ask difficult questions and hammer on issues until they get an answer they like. I always point to the Elemental post-mortem with Wardell as seriously excellent games journalism.

Ceebs

Just read that article on the anechoic chamber. That sounds both terrifying and really really cool at the same time.

All I can think about is how awful my body would sound being so out of shape.

Henke

Just read that article on the anechoic chamber. That sounds both terrifying and really really cool at the same time.

All I can think about is how awful my body would sound being so out of shape.

Yeah, that's insane stuff. Fascinating though.

Shaneus

Public Progresscast!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/5/2927823/orfield-laboratories-worlds-quietest-place
Probably shouldn't be providing a link to that MP3 given that it's donator-only. Unless I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not (as I frequently am pretty sure of).

Corto

Troy put it best when he talked about how they focus on design. The interviews are also (quite literally) some of the best in games journalism. They are not afraid to ask difficult questions and hammer on issues until they get an answer they like. I always point to the Elemental post-mortem with Wardell as seriously excellent games journalism.

Both of Victoria II were nice too.

Ceebs

Probably shouldn't be providing a link to that MP3 given that it's donator-only. Unless I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not (as I frequently am pretty sure of).
From the email:

Also, this is a public Progresscast. So go ahead and share it with your friends! They love a cast pod, surely, just as they love a video game.

dekjo

I just finished The Sense of An Ending today. Great Book.

Won't discuss it here of course, there's a time and place for that.

Just read it last night. Really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the discussion. Haven't done as much reading as I should since graduating college and am hoping the bookcast helps me correct that to a small degree.

Top Bottom