• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Game-Biz

IGN said:
Nintendo's got a tough decision to make with Skyward Sword.
Uh, no IGN, they actually don't. I can't think of any rational reason why Nintendo would make Skyward Sword a Cafe launch title. It's a completely different situation that the Wii-GameCube scenario. Apples and oranges.

[Nintex]

Game-Biz said:
Uh, no IGN, they actually don't. I can't think of any rational reason why Nintendo would make Skyward Sword a Cafe launch title. It's a completely different situation that the Wii-GameCube scenario. Apples and oranges.
I think skyward sword will be much like Majora's Mask, released at the end of the console generation. It'll be one of those 'odd' sequels too putting the focus on puzzles and motion control(as seen by the latest trailer). Nintendo will then split the Zelda franchise between EAD and a different developer(Grezzo?) so both Zelda Wii2 and 3DS can be worked on at the same time.

[Nintex]

magash said:
Do you know the reason why Rockstar wont be at E3?
Instead of playing with everyone at E3 they can just arrange their own private event or throw a teaser page up on the web after E3 for maximum coverage.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
magash said:
Do you know the reason why Rockstar wont be at E3?

No reason given, just that they have nothing planned for E3. Much like Valve, Rockstar are quite happy to do their own thing and announce games in their own time. Rockstar in particular have plenty of money to throw around for special, game specific events should they need to.

herzogzwei1989 said:
I thought GTAV was strongly rumored for Cafe in the old, huge-ass locked thread(s) ?

01net said R* was making a Café game then suggested GTAV as a possibility.
SuperAnnutation said that GTA V was gonna be at E3 in some form.

Now IGN is now saying
"Rockstar isn't on the E3 show floor in any official capacity, which means the company -- or any of the games its working on -- probably won't be there at all."

But who's to say that everything they have to show won't just be in Nintendo's space since it's all for Café? It could be revealed during Nintendo's E3 conference and hosted as a headlining 3rd party title in Nintendo's E3 booth.

gotta keep the HYPE alive.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Are we still naming dirty sex techniques? If so I want to say The Hot Carl.

Now that that's out of the way, yeah no more leaks. E3 is close enough already. Everybody needs to put a stopper in it. I'd hate for verbal diarrhea to ruin the party.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The exact Rockstar quote is that they "don’t have any plans for E3". To me that implies they wont be there at all.

Hiltz

Graphics Horse said:
Was Rockstar on the show floor when GTAIV or GTA ChinaTown Wars were announced at their respective E3's? Just interested.

I don't know about GTAV, but ChinaTown Wars was announced by Nintendo's Cammie Dunaway without Rockstar's presence.

THE:MILKMAN

"Rockstar isn't on the E3 show floor in any official capacity"

Key word "official". Rockstar don't have to be at E3 for Nintendo (for example) to show a GTAV video.

Or it could just be IGN hedging their bets.....

NeonZ

Game-Biz said:

Couldn't Skyward Sword happen if the Wii still gets its game this year? For Twilight Princess, they held back on the release of the original game, but they could just release a Skyward Sword for the Wii this year and an improved version for the Cafe next year.

NeonZ said:
Couldn't Skyward Sword happen if the Wii still gets its game this year? For Twilight Princess, they held back on the release of the original game, but they could just release a Skyward Sword for the Wii this year and an improved version for the Cafe next year.

Unless they're going to pack in a Wiimote and Nunchuck with the game/console, it'll take more than a year to rework the entire game for dual analog.

EatChildren

THE:MILKMAN said:
"Rockstar isn't on the E3 show floor in any official capacity"

Key word "official". Rockstar don't have to be at E3 for Nintendo (for example) to show a GTAV video.

Or it could just be IGN hedging their bets.....

That's IGN's select wording though. As said, Rockstar's official statement is that they dont have any plans for E3. Best take it from the horses mouth.

Sianos

With some of the new rumors, I think the hype train has finally accelerated to the point where I'm ignoring the cynic in my mind enough to start to truly get excited about E3.

My body has been ready, but I think my mind is just starting to catch up. :p

NeonZ

AceBandage said:
Unless they're going to pack in a Wiimote and Nunchuck with the game/console, it'll take more than a year to rework the entire game for dual analog.

Accessories packed in with games aren't really a strange concept for Nintendo... although I guess packing in a Wiimote AND Nunchuk would be too much.

Krowley

GDGF said:
Are we still naming dirty sex techniques? If so I want to say The Hot Carl.

Now that that's out of the way, yeah no more leaks. E3 is close enough already. Everybody needs to put a stopper in it. I'd hate for verbal diarrhea to ruin the party.

Speak for yourselves.

I want to know it all, and I see reason to wait. Leaks are better than surprises.

My body is ready NOW!

Azure J

As much as I'm in the "don't spoil everything for E3" state of mind now, one more leak just for this week's sake would be great. This week is too quiet on the Nintendo front.

NeonZ said:

I'd rather Nintendo quickly refocus on a brand new HD Zelda for Cafe rather than spending time & resources on improving SS.

Sianos

AzureJericho said:
As much as I'm in the "don't spoil everything for E3" state of mind now, one more leak just for this week's sake would be great. This week is too quiet on the Nintendo front.
Yeah, I think just one game leaking early would be nice.

AzureJericho said:

Not much else developers can leak, besides their own games (which they won't do).

Krowley

herzogzwei1989 said:
I'd rather Nintendo quickly refocus on a brand new HD Zelda for Cafe rather than spending time & resources on improving SS.

Actually, I'm hoping they're already working on both. I'd hate to think that some permutation of the zelda team (whatever that really is) hasn't started work on the new console yet. They are one of nintendo's very best teams, and they should be working on a next-gen game right now.

From The Dust said:
no, we wait for their own people to do so >:)

Leaking hardware is easy, since it's harder to pin down a specific source.
Software, however, only a handful of people would know about it, so leaking that would make finding (and firing) the source easy. That's why we're less likely to get game leaks.
Though, I did know about the Ubisoft 3DS lineup before E3 last year.

Krowley said:
Actually, I'm hoping they're already working on both. I'd hate to think that some permutation of the zelda team (whatever that really is) hasn't started work on the new console yet. They are one of nintendo's very best teams, and they should be working on a next-gen game right now.

considering SS is in a finishing phase, most of the team should be transitioning. however given the jump to HD, I suspect there is more than just the standard team

AceBandage said:
Leaking hardware is easy, since it's harder to pin down a specific source.
Software, however, only a handful of people would know about it, so leaking that would make finding (and firing) the source easy. That's why we're less likely to get game leaks.
Though, I did know about the Ubisoft 3DS lineup before E3 last year.

I mean someone from the dev team. it can happen

Game-Biz

NeonZ said:
This would make more sense. Like make an "Ultimate Edition" for Cafe with HD and "extra features." It would be a good cash-in and wouldn't take a humongous amount of money to do it. And people wouldn't mistake it as representative of Cafe's horse power knowing it's just and upgraded Wii game, not a from the ground up Cafe title -- something a consumer would buy if they missed it on the Wii.

You know, I was thinking....I know I *want* Cafe to have a GPU like RV770 / Radeon 4870/4850 or at the very least, the RV740, but what if it's only roughly on par with Xbox 360's Xenos and PS3's RSX....And only 512 MB RAM....What would that mean? It would mean Nintendo's games would have to rely more on Nintendo's outstanding art-direction (i.e. Twilight Princess, Galaxy) and less on sheer technical prowess.

Could we live with that?

herzogzwei1989 said:
You know, I was thinking....I know I *want* Cafe to have a GPU like RV770 / Radeon 4870/4850 or at the very least, the RV740, but what if it's only roughly on par with Xbox 360's Xenos and PS3's RSX....And only 512 MB RAM....What would that mean? It would mean Nintendo's games would have to rely more on Nintendo's outstanding art-direction (i.e. Twilight Princess, Galaxy) and less on sheer technical prowess.

Could we live with that?

Could we? Sure.
Will we have to? Nope.

Sianos

herzogzwei1989 said:

Could we live with that?

As long as it means easy multiconsole games with the next Microsoft and Sony offerings and the games look pretty I'm okay with it.

However, I expect more than just "on par with the PS3 and 360"

AceBandage said:
Will we have to? Nope.

by this you surely mean because Sony and Microsoft will scratch that next gen itch with new consoles. I fully expect the difference between the cafe/ps3/360 to be marginal at best.

comedy bomb said:
by this you surely mean because Sony and Microsoft will scratch that next gen itch with new consoles. I fully expect the difference between the cafe/ps3/360 to be marginal at best.

No, I mean that the Cafe won't be "just on par with the 360/PS3".
Nintendo would have to go out of their way to make that happen.

Top Bottom