• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

Hmmm.... (Actually, I just typed that because you can't only have a quote in a post :) )

Jeremy said:
We'll have a shocking (and I do mean surprising) PS2 top story tomorrow -- But um, try and contain your pre-story excitement.

If possible.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sony counters Nintendo and announces PSP at 199 (or even 150).

Watch.

Either that or GT4 launches will online add-on disc! OMFG!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Meh, last time they said that it was The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Almost everytime they say something about a midnight update it is something from EA. It better be SSX 4!

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I don't know where the PSP stuff is coming from. He clearly said PS2 news, not Sony news.

In all seriousness, it might be a GT4 delay in order to add online functionality.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
IGN has a dedicated PSP page, so I doubt it's related to that. GT4 online would be a great headline...

THEY TOOK OUT ONLINE PLAY LAST WEEK, NOW IT'S BACK!!!!!

Probably has something to do with a 2005 software release. And it will probably be underwhelming.

Sony's master plan:
--------------------------------
1) Release a new version of your system that kills future HDD plans, thus alienating arguably your MOST important developer (Square)
2) After hyping GT4 online for a year and a half, drop it completely promising, we'll do it next year.
3) ???

I say it's either, they're going to go to a black and white screen for the PSP or they've denied GTA:SA a release on the PS2, because it's crossed the boundries of acceptable taste and they're worried about a lawsuit. Same day Take-2 declares it will come out for the Xbox on Oct 26th.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Justin Bailey said:
I don't know where the PSP stuff is coming from. He clearly said PS2 news, not Sony news.

In all seriousness, it might be a GT4 delay in order to add online functionality.

Doh. Well, they wouldn't write a story about GT4's delay and make it top. Hrmm...it's probably something lame. VIVENDI ANNOUNCES HOBBIT PART DEUX!

jett

D-Member
I bet it's going to be a worthless, piece of shit newsstory, like all of IGN's "shocking surprises".

Going by their previous surprise stories, I won't hav eany problems containing my excitement. I've learned my lesson about getting excited about IGN hype stores.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
IGN got the hype right for the new Zelda. Different people, but still.

Shocking is a strange word to use though.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Its either

the Electra movie game

or that naked bloodrayne pic panjeev almost posted this morning.

snapty00

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Well it won't be anything PSP, that's a separate site.

I think it's....ah I don't even care.
Pretty much how I feel, since a.) everything videogame sites hype up now is usually really stupid; b.) nothing seems set it stone in the videogame industry anymore, so surprises don't seem such a big deal nowadays; and c.) getting "excited" to any degree over videogame news seems so pointless to me now.

M3wThr33

Banned
Wario64 said:
Chronicles of Riddick goes to PS2
I hope that's it. Vin said he wanted a PS2 version (for his own rea$on$) and I remember talks of the PC version before Xmas. This would be about right.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
sonycowboy said:
1) Release a new version of your system that kills future HDD plans, thus alienating arguably your MOST important developer (Square)

Square ceased being Sony's most important developer a long time ago IMO.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
JC10001 said:
Square Enix = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in japan. In other parts of the world, too. But you can't get off without Square Enix in Japan. No way.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
AlphaSnake said:
Doh. Well, they wouldn't write a story about GT4's delay and make it top. Hrmm...it's probably something lame. VIVENDI ANNOUNCES HOBBIT PART DEUX!
They would if it included the aspect of online functionality. But yeah, it is probably something lame.

JC10001 said:

Huh? Who is it then? Rockstar is multi (although PS2 first), First Party is obviously tied to them already.

IMO, whoever has SquareEnix wins Japan, it's that simple.

Also, looking at IGN's past hypes, I'm not expecting too much. The two I remember from the PS2 side were: Everquest announcement and I think a Return of the King announcement.

quin

sony to remove "dual shock" functionality from ps2 :p thats kinda shocking i think, maybe and there was talk of the lawsuit a few days ago, hmmmm

Top Bottom