• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
MarkRyan-IGN said:
Some of you may not care, and some of you will be quite pleasantly surprised.

Uh oh... teh plot thinkens!

MoccaJava

Banned
Shocking... that's a strong word. I'm very curious.

Oh don't let yourself be such a blantant media tool. Yes, shocking is a strong word. So, they use it to hype things up and to make you curious when you otherwise may not be so.

Consider now: It's the PS2. It's lifespan is getting, not neccesarily close to, but the end of it is definately on the horizon. There is nothing ridiculously huge that could happen to it at this stage that would be so "shocking", even a price drop to $99.

I don't even understand the point of speculating. All it does it raise ones hopes that will, eventually, be shot down.

I agree with the dual shock story.

could also be RE4 on PS2 (that's about as big and as shocking as I can think)

The former gets my vote.

What is with this trend for shitty mags/sites to post OMG.. SHOCKING.. MEGATON news? First EGM and now IGN. Boo

lunlunqq

hmm... the new ps2 will be $149...

but sony is releasing an old ps2 + HDD + FFXI bundle for $149 to keep square happy...

SantaC

Worst piece of news would be if RE4 went PS2, and that gamecube owners had to wait for it to get ready for PS2. Killer7 anyone?

acklame

probably something lame
the previous ign ps2 shock & surprise & amazing story turned out to be yet another lotr sequel/PoP

lunlunqq said:
hmm... the new ps2 will be $149...

but sony is releasing an old ps2 + HDD + FFXI bundle for $149 to keep square happy...

When was the bundle confirmed? I haven't seen or heard news of this anywhere and I work at best buy.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I thought IGN confirmed that the PSTwo would retail for $149.

I imagine the FFXI+HDD+PS2 bundle = speculation.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Yeah, the HDD bundle is speculation. And not very educated speculation, at that.

But... I can see Sony selling multiple PSTwo bundles with the hotest Christmas titles for $149. GTA, MGS3, GT4, Jak3, R&C3, etc. And this could lead into a $99 announcement for PSTwo for next E3.

Goreomedy said:
Yeah, the HDD bundle is speculation. And not very educated speculation, at that.

But... I can see Sony selling multiple PSTwo bundles with the hotest Christmas titles for $149. GTA, MGS3, GT4, Jak3, R&C3, etc. And this could lead into a $99 announcement for PSTwo for next E3.

Even without a game I'll buy the PSTwo for $150, with a game, now that's awesome. DO IT SONY.

Isn't the PSTwo launch supposed to coincide with the release of GTA:SA? Wouldn't it be cool if they bundled a PSTwo with the game? Or how about a GTA pack that includes all three GTA's plus a PSTwo for $200?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Some of us will be surprised, and some of us won't care...

It's nothing big, then.

Just IGN's way of building up hype and getting a few more hits.

It'll be something stupid like new movies of GT4

You just wait.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
MarkRyan-IGN said:
Nah, it's better than that ;) It might make Xbox fans angry.

OMG, the next EA game will be multiplatform. :lol

Ninja Gaiden for the PS2 would cause the forums to explode, I don't expect it to be that big. The closest thing to that might be some spinoff starrring another person from the Dead or Alive games, but I can hardly see that happening.

Hmm Xbox fanboys...eh? That could be anything. I'm hoping to be surprised, but expecting to be disappointed.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
shocking
suprising
xbots mad

Hmm... I sincerely doubt it's Ninja Gaiden since Itagki seems to be pretty tight on Microsoft's leash. I doubt Obsidian worked on a PS2 version of KOTOR2 in addition to PC/XB... you know it's not related to a Microsoft published property... uh... Sony plans to roll out LIVE-esque service but for free?

Can't see what else it would be.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Defensor said:
Starting next year, EA no longer on XBOX Live, persuaded by the Sony money hat.

That would be awesome, just seeing the reactions around here would be classic.

Laurent

I don't think it will have something to do with price cuts. Probably strictly game-related since it will be on IGN PS2, and not on IGN PSP...

Something that hasn't been shown during TGS? Is that even possible? Western-related then? Silicon Knights?

Top Bottom