• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Japan for 5 motnhs, anyone know of game shows?

Hey y'all. I'm studying abroad in Japan for the next 4 months. Does anyone know of any interesting videogame or anime-related stuff that I should do (other stuff is fine too)? Besides, the Fall Tokyo Game Show and AOU Jamma Show and Akihabara (which was awesome), I don't know if there is anything else worthwhile to go to.

For those who are interested the following are the English sites to the TGS and AOU Shows:
http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/index.htm
http://www.jamma.or.jp/english/jour/37/37_1.html

There is also a CESA event for industry experts that costs like a gazillion dollars (ok, more like $200).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Look for the "Japan Meet Up Thread" in the off-topic forum and post there. :) It's probably on the fourth or fifth page now.

MrSingh

I'm not sure if TGS is even worth going to anymore.. for those of us in Tokyo, it gives us an excuse to take a day off, spend a couple of hours at Makuhari and then eat lots of meat at an Outback Steakhouse located in the vicinity of the convention center.

and oh yeah.. Costco.

Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies so quickly (this was my first post in GAF). Thanks for the info guys. BTW, any of you in Tokyo?

Plus anyone know of any videogame industry contacts? I am trying to find an internship for next summer. There is this friend of a friend of a friend who works at Square Enix but that's all I got for now.

I'll be in Tokyo for a whole year starting September 16th and I'll be off to TGS. Just make sure you apply for the Trade Only day on the friday, it gets very busy at the weekend.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on going Friday because I assumed everyone would go on Saturday since most have school or work on Friday. I might just have to skip class or something...

Top Bottom