• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

jesusraz said:
Yes, thanks - the info was passed via that user to me. It's great to see how the game's been chugging along nicely in Spain, Italy...and Holland, if memory serves correct. Having the second game arrive a year later is going to follow the pattern of Layton's one-year gap. However, it makes you wonder if NoE will keep supporting DS until early 2013 for IE3 and its third accompanying release (Ogre?). Unless Christmas 2012 will be the last hurrah for DS, with IE3 arriving then.

Probably, since the vast majority of buyers are kids which will still be the DS userbase in the next few years; anyway, anedoctal evidence: I've seen a lot of children playing with IE on their DSs on the beach; some Mario, and Prof. Layton.

Thanks Nirolak for updating the thread title. I added links to five import sites in the OP. If anyone find any better alternatives, send me a PM.

Hmmm, they're only releasing it in August/September in UK? :/

I was hoping they'd localize Inazuma Eleven 2 in time for christmas (unlikely at this point yeah, but wasn't when the game first shipped-everywhere-but-UK-for-no-good-reason in January)

jesusraz

Good to see the title of the thread updated. Hopefully bring a bit more attention to the game. My review copy came through over a week ago, before Xenoblade Chronicles, in fact. I wonder why more sites haven't stuck up a review yet? Watch this, I bet I've bloody broken some embargo or something, haha ^_^

electroplankton said:
Probably, since the vast majority of buyers are kids which will still be the DS userbase in the next few years; anyway, anedoctal evidence: I've seen a lot of children playing with IE on their DSs on the beach; some Mario, and Prof. Layton.
You watch children on the beach?! >.<

Haha ;)

creid

It comes out in 4 days and I still can't preorder it from game.co.uk? Geez, you guys weren't kidding. Why do they do this?

Docpan

Why is the game so difficult to play? While navigating the characters with the stylus on the field, I find them often just leaving the ball behind. Also, the different field placements make no sense to me and the stats and shit are barely explained.

I heard it was rare so I snagged it from an import shop, but I kind of have no clue what's going on.

It took a while before the controls clicked with me. Make sure you don't accidentally lift the stylus point while you're running with the ball. You can change the starting positions before each match and you don't have worry about the off-side rule when you're playing 4 vs 4. The stats are explained in the OP.

creid

After some Americans got their Xenoblade shipments quickly, I decided to order from ASDA last night. Shipped this morning. I am excite.

creid said:
After some Americans got their Xenoblade shipments quickly, I decided to order from ASDA last night. Shipped this morning. I am excite.

What did shipping cost? Their website only seems to make mention of shipping to EU countries?

shoplifter

platypotamus said:
What did shipping cost? Their website only seems to make mention of shipping to EU countries?

Free shipping. I was a little surprised to get free overseas shipping, but whatever.

omgkitty

shoplifter said:
Free shipping. I was a little surprised to get free overseas shipping, but whatever.

Hmm is ASDA reliable? I am thinking of ordering both Xenoblade and Inazuma from them, but I have noticed their website looks exactly like 4 or 5 different sites from the UK.

shoplifter

omgkitty said:
Hmm is ASDA reliable? I am thinking of ordering both Xenoblade and Inazuma from them, but I have noticed their website looks exactly like 4 or 5 different sites from the UK.

they're owned by WalMart.

\/\/ Point taken, but I guess I'm just saying they're not some Fly By Night - they're a major chain in the UK.

GhaleonQ

platypotamus said:
I will hold you personally responsible if this game doesn't rock my socks, after all the hyping you've done.

(Not really, but I would I ever get a chance to try Moon...)

Man, my whole shtick is talking up games with significant barriers to entry so I never HAVE to get called out. If 2/3/4 or Moon ever come out here, I'LL BE FOUND OUT.

(No, seriously, this game's top-shelf. The most debatable thing is whether you like the equivalent of puzzle-like boss battles in role-playing games. The conditions matches have irked people, but I really like a lot of them throughout the series.)

Enjoy!

Reknoc

I did! £20 at morrisons. Loving the game so far, it's a bit crazy and the dub is kinda bad. Can't beat these occult nob heads though :(

Meier

Hey all, i was planning on getting this and have a GAFfer from Germany who is willing to sell me a used copy. Before I go through with the sale, I remembered that the 3DS is now region-locked. Will regular DS games from other regions still work on it or is that fubar too?

Thanks!

Meier

archnemesis said:
These sites all have the game available for pre-order and accept international buyers.

http://www.dvd.co.uk/
http://www.cdwow.com/
http://www.thehut.com/
http://hmv.com/

Are they all reputable? I have no experience with any of them.
A bit late now but I have imported CDs from CD Wow before and can confirm they're a great service. HMV is probably the biggest electronics retailer in the UK (certainly from a foreigners perspective at least) so you'd be fine there.

Meier said:
Hey all, i was planning on getting this and have a GAFfer from Germany who is willing to sell me a used copy. Before I go through with the sale, I remembered that the 3DS is now region-locked. Will regular DS games from other regions still work on it or is that fubar too?

Thanks!
Yes, regular DS games will work, but the German version wont have an English language option.

olimpia84

Ordered from that ASDA website and didn't get charged for shipping (I live in the US). Hopefully it stays that way.

Meier

slaughterking said:
Yes, regular DS games will work, but the German version wont have an English language option.
Good to know about the game itself still working. It seems like since the Euro and Pound are so close now it almost doesn't make sense to buy it used. I will let the guy who offered know the German version lacks English (he saw it in a Gamestop and offered to pick it up).

Conan-san

Just got this. Two hours in and I think the game has made it's point about how playing with a team with no powers is as about as smart as walking into a Rangers store with a Celtic top on perfectly clear.

Octagon

slaughterking said:

The German Version of Inazuma reminds me of the old days of bad anime dubs.
oh, wait... they haven't really gotten any better these days.

Reknoc

Beat Occult finally, thanks to reading Ridley's posts earlier in the thread. Really want to post some more impressions but I don't get my laptop back from the repair place until tomorrow at some point and typing anything on my iPod touch is a massive pain. Will say all of chapter one had me grinning.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Got my copy yesterday, I've only played a hour or so but I find it really difficult to control my players.

Ushojax said:
Got my copy yesterday, I've only played a hour or so but I find it really difficult to control my players.
You'll get used to it.

At first it's kinda confusing with all the multi tasking and understanding how to pass (and the timings to do so)

but it's a matter of keeping it up.

The most important things you have to internalize and use appropriately are one-two's and playing th ball into someones path. With that you can get a really nice and satisfying flow into your game, and you can outmaneuver the AI quite well.

faridmon

Can't buy it as my DS is in London at the moment and my Uni starts at October. Really pained to say that I can't buy this game until then.

jesusraz

GhaleonQ said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-25-inazuma-eleven-review

The review text makes clear that it's "7, knowing what we know now," not "7, objectively." It's also pretty good at explaning the concept to newbies.

It's taken Nintendo over three years to release Inazuma Eleven in the UK, in which time it's not only been available in Japan, America and the rest of Europe, but has had two DS sequels and a Wii spinoff.
Huh? I'm thinking he's a bit confused there...

Asparagus

Reknoc said:
I did! £20 at morrisons. Loving the game so far, it's a bit crazy and the dub is kinda bad. Can't beat these occult nob heads though :(
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed it from there now.

Was pleasantly surprised to see an ad for this on UK TV last night! (ITV4 during the halftime Supercup final) I imported the Euro version at the start of the year but am really tempted to jump back into it now.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Was pleasantly surprised to see an ad for this on UK TV last night! (ITV4 during the halftime Supercup final) I imported the Euro version at the start of the year but am really tempted to jump back into it now.
I'm tempted to sell mine and buy the UK version (yes, for coherency sake I only like UK boxes and manuals)

Or keep it and buy another copy; since I would have lented it to friends of mine if it weren't for the detail that there's only one save slot. (import->swap cartridges->keep UK boxart sounds nice)

Top Bottom