• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Zafir

I ordered something from GB the other month, before I'd seen any of the complaints on forums regarding them. Probably just going to contact my bank and try and chargeback. Emailed them multiple times with no reply and phoning them seems to be just as pointless. It's staggering how they're still in business, even more staggering that googles review thing gives them a 4.5/5, employees reviewing themselves or something?

creid

Normally I'd be pissed that it's coming to the UK and not the US, but I guess Xenoblade has softened me to having to import. Day 1, I guess.

Oxx

This sudden (if overdue) announcement does make me hope that NOE will cement their position as best-subsidiary and give us a surprise localisation of the second DS Fire Emblem.

Oxx said:
This sudden (if overdue) announcement does make me hope that NOE will cement their position as best-subsidiary and give us a surprise localisation of the second DS Fire Emblem.
I doubt it. :(

The IE announcement was very sudden indeed, but also perfectly coincides with yesterdays start of the anime.
Fire Emblem on the other hand has nothing going for it, sadly.

Fodder76

So, my head is spinning with all these different versions and release dates.

I'm in the US, but I'll be traveling to Italy Aug17 - 25.

Will I be able to find a copy of the game or no? I see its being released in the UK on the 16th, but I'm not sure of the status of the Italian version. I see some people got it earlier this year...

I dunno. Please educate me. Thanks.

The Italian version has been out since January and is still very popular. So you will definitely be able to find and buy the game over there. It has no English language option, though, so you have to consider that.

The UK version is, of course, English and comes out in exactly one month like you said.

Oxx

slaughterking said:
The IE announcement was very sudden indeed, but also perfectly coincides with yesterdays start of the anime.

And it's out a couple of weeks into the new English Premier League season.

All according to keikaku.

Fodder76

Oh darn, no English eh? That is a shame. Ah well, I guess I'm out of luck.

I just hope the Italian version of Xenoblade includes English otherwise my entire trip is failure. :)

Thanks for the info!

Wizpig

I think the DLCs are over :(

The final ones are quite cool: cool moves, a new key, cool outfits... now give us the SECOND GAME, damn it!

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Chesskid1 said:
undub "remastered" patch released. (you need a flash cart)

http://gbatemp.net/t282494-inazuma-eleven-remastered-version?&st=0

Well, hi all. I did (with others too), the Inazuma Eleven: Remastered patch (full undub and original names).

The extras that i did, was because i tried to put Layton and his team in Inazuma Eleven EUR, but is impossible to do (well, not impossible, but current there isn't a way to do it).
If you don't know, IE EUR is based of IE2 JAP, with the maps and configurations of the first game. And because in the second game, Layton isn't at all, they remove it in the EUR version too.

So, if the rumors about Inazuma Eleven 2 to be launched in Europe at the start of 2012, i will try to do the same thing with the first one, i have the tools to do it, and I think that in less time that the first time (took me nearly 2 monts to finish it IE EUR).

The video that I released with Team Kanon, is for showing what extra things i did.
Here is the VS Team Kanon battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaazfcPhkgY

I have another special battle, and i will try to upload another video with that battle soon.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wizpig said:
Wait wait, Layton and his team?!?

yup, cameo characters. No wonder I couldnt find them.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
I'll show you some of my earlier discoveries of Layton & Co:
ic1s90.jpg
2ilf1uu.jpg

They are in the game, but you cannot battle them normally, and they are a bit special (isn't a VS 11 team, and they don't have soccer clothes like other characters).

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Wizpig said:
Damn, i want this... if it's in the European copy of the game hopefully they will unlock it.

Not so fast. I did more than just using them.
Let me explain:
- They "buried" this characters and the team inside of the game. If you check what is normally in the slot of Layton's Team in this translation, is a team with only 1 Handa, lol.
- I used the original team code from IE1 JP and they comeback, so, in the translation, they didn't deleted the models, only deleted the "index" from the team.
- The real problem, is that also, where you find they in IE1 JP (in Flash Training), they don't appear, either that "Handa Team", nothing. So i cannot add them like other characters.
- Also, their characters portrait aren't there (just see the images that i posted above).
- And, if i replace the team with another, they will look a bit weird, because they don't have soccer clothes (have special clothes), and the game just try to put the clothes inside their special ones (check Layton pic).

Wizpig

Those attacks... what the eff, is this a shonen manga now? :lol

"Foul"? more like "bring that fucking kid to jail"!

I want all those crazy DLCs =( that Dragon attack, what the heck... oh well, in other news the DLCs are not over o_O

Llyranor

Amazon.co.uk won't the game ship to Canada (I tried ordering)
Play.com doesn't seem to ship outside Europe.

I *think* Game.co.uk might work, since they have this listed in their help page (but can't seem to be able to preorder yet)
USA & Rest of the World Royal Mail 4 to 6 business days £4.95 per order

omgkitty

Llyranor said:
Amazon.co.uk won't the game ship to Canada (I tried ordering)
Play.com doesn't seem to ship outside Europe.

I *think* Game.co.uk might work, since they have this listed in their help page (but can't seem to be able to preorder yet)

Why does a website not let you preorder a game? Seems really stupid. I don't understand how it's fairly easy to import Asian games (albeit expensively), but you can't import UK games which are in English!

LProtag

I wonder what's going to happen with the sequels and if they'll ever see an English release.

Wasn't there stuff from 2 in this game already?

The IE 2 stuff is due to IE 1 using that engine now (IE 1 had some weird AI control differences or something). I guess it also means if IE 2 does come out in Europe you'll probably be able to play multiplayer with IE 1 no problem. That is assuming the characters for IE 2 have the correct names translated already.

As for places to get it. Retailers are stupid with Nintendo distributed products and don't bother listing them until 2 days before release unless they are Zelda or Mario or sometimes not until after they've come out...

So just use any of the retailers talked about in the Xenoblade thread a bit nearer the time.

But, since its just a DS cartridge National Console Support will probably eventually stock it and probably charge about $50-$55 (but you're getting it in America to start with). I remember they stocked Tingle RPG but can't remember if they bothered with Last Window.

InsertNameHere said:
I wonder what's going to happen with the sequels and if they'll ever see an English release.

Wasn't there stuff from 2 in this game already?
A reliable Italian dude apparently already leaked information about IE2's release in Europe. But there's nothing official yet.

squall23

Starwolf_UK said:
The IE 2 stuff is due to IE 1 using that engine now (IE 1 had some weird AI control differences or something). I guess it also means if IE 2 does come out in Europe you'll probably be able to play multiplayer with IE 1 no problem.
How are you coming up with this conclusion?

IE2 introduces hissatsu upgrades like V#, G#, and Shin. No way it would be fair to play with someone using IE1.

Also, where's Hiroto in that vid?

Nix

Banned
I've been watching the anime lately, after having a Majors craving, and I wanted to know what kind of gameplay it has. Is it like an RPG? Or is it more like a soccer game? I don't really know from youtube video's since, well, I can't really see the controls.

Reknoc

Nix said:
I've been watching the anime lately, after having a Majors craving, and I wanted to know what kind of gameplay it has. Is it like an RPG? Or is it more like a soccer game? I don't really know from youtube video's since, well, I can't really see the controls.

From what I've seen it's like Captain Tsubasa on the NES or, more thread title relevant, Blitzball from FFX. Controls are path drawing with the stylus. Outside of football it has a typical overhead view where you can talk to people.

squall23

Nix said:
It is more like an RPG. Inazuma Eleven Strikers however is more like a soccer game.

jesusraz

Anyone interested in a review of the UK release? Cubed3 8/10: http://www.cubed3.com/review/1025

Back in 2008 Inazuma Eleven was a superb amalgamation of the football world and that of a regular RPG, with the two forces co-existing happily in the same game. Fast-forward to 2011 and the UK is finally getting what is still a brilliant experience, and a masterfully constructed product, but there have been many other examples to reach these shores that have the edge slightly. Be sure to check out Inazuma Eleven and hope that it sells well enough to get the superior sequel also localised.

slaughterking said:
A reliable Italian dude apparently already leaked information about IE2's release in Europe. But there's nothing official yet.
I totally missed this news...is there a link to it somewhere? Great, if true!

jesusraz

slaughterking said:
I don't have a link, sorry. It was in one of the recent PAL charts threads where someone mentioned this, but he didn't provide a link.
Would make sense, since the game's been consistently popping in and out of the Italian and Spanish charts since January. I'm quite intrigued to see how the UK reacts to this given the football season's just started here.

omgkitty

Just saw the Xenolade Chronicles thread and they had Zavvi listed as an online retailer that would ship to the US. Does this mean you could order Inazuma Eleven from them? If so, I may have to go pick up a Wii and get Xenoblade and IE.

jesusraz

Thanks to archnemesis for adding my review to the first post. It's a shame that anticipation for Inazuma Eleven appears to have died down considerably on here. Is that because most US posters have already imported from other European countries?

Inazuma Eleven is a game I would have given 9/10 when it first came out, but it's taken so long to reach these shores that other DS RPGs have far surpassed it, knocking it down a peg. If the rumour/insider info on Inazuma Eleven 2 is correct, I wonder how Nintendo will deal with the UK release - delay it again?!

slaughterking said:
I don't have a link, sorry. It was in one of the recent PAL charts threads where someone mentioned this, but he didn't provide a link.

It was me. In the Italian forum I was used to visit, an insider said that Inazuma Eleven 2 will arrive early next year (January or February); I provided the link to some user in private anyway. This does totally make sense, since Inazuma Eleven is one of the best selling games in Italy for the last months (4th in July, 7th in April), it seems it sold as of June at least 25.000 copies here (probably more, 25k is just the low range).

jesusraz said:
Thanks to archnemesis for adding my review to the first post. It's a shame that anticipation for Inazuma Eleven appears to have died down considerably on here. Is that because most US posters have already imported from other European countries?

Still excited here, but have some financial issues holding me back at the moment. As soon as they are resolved, I'll import, possibly from that Zavvi company, unless there's a far superior option by the time I'm able.

creid

jesusraz said:
I doubt that's why. A lot of people seemed to be waiting for an English release, and English copies were hard to come by.

jesusraz

creid said:
I doubt that's why. A lot of people seemed to be waiting for an English release, and English copies were hard to come by.
Ah right, so perhaps when it gets released in the UK next week this topic may become somewhat revived... :)

electroplankton said:
It was me. In the Italian forum I was used to visit, an insider said that Inazuma Eleven 2 will arrive early next year (January or February); I provided the link to some user in private anyway. This does totally make sense, since Inazuma Eleven is one of the best selling games in Italy for the last months (4th in July, 7th in April), it seems it sold as of June at least 25.000 copies here (probably more, 25k is just the low range).
Yes, thanks - the info was passed via that user to me. It's great to see how the game's been chugging along nicely in Spain, Italy...and Holland, if memory serves correct. Having the second game arrive a year later is going to follow the pattern of Layton's one-year gap. However, it makes you wonder if NoE will keep supporting DS until early 2013 for IE3 and its third accompanying release (Ogre?). Unless Christmas 2012 will be the last hurrah for DS, with IE3 arriving then.

creid

jesusraz said:
Ah right, so perhaps when it gets released in the UK next week this topic may become somewhat revived... :)
I think people just haven't noticed there's a UK release coming up. Maybe there should've been a new thread for new news?

Top Bottom