• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Vamphuntr

crispyben said:
Ha, the price is a bit lower than in shops here but they gouge you on the S&H! You should have asked me to mail you a copy, would have been much cheaper.

Well next time I will know ;) Thank You!

The shipping is really a rip off. They only sent it as a "Lettre Recommandée Internationale". I really don't think that this is worth 20 euros. When I buy DVD from amazon.fr (at least they do ship DVD worldwide) I pay 14,50 euros and I get in 3 days. Moreover the seller sent me the tracking number and the "thank you for ordering message" in a very broken english even though the auction is in french, it's shipped to QC and I have french name. Guess he thought I was an anglophone haha.

hipgnosis

Finally it's here! Luckily I was able to find this locally here in Finland. It's the full English version. So weird hearing that theme song in English. :D

I7mFM.jpg

The cover is really cool and shiny. It looks much cooler in real life than in that picture, basically it's full of that confetti glimmer.

Graphics are nice, reminds me a lot of the DQ remakes. Awesome sound production and great music too. Now to play some more, will post more impressions when I get a bit further.

Disguises

The microsite now has a card battling sort of game
spiel.inazuma-eleven.de (all other languages have one too
Except UK of course :(
). Worth checking out :).

I think it's pretty self-explanatory, so still worth checking out even if it's not in English!

hipgnosis said:
Finally it's here! Luckily I was able to find this locally here in Finland. It's the full English version. So weird hearing that theme song in English. :D

I7mFM.jpg

The cover is really cool and shiny. It looks much cooler in real life than in that picture, basically it's full of that confetti glimmer.

Graphics are nice, reminds me a lot of the DQ remakes. Awesome sound production and great music too. Now to play some more, will post more impressions when I get a bit further.

How is the english dub for the song? im really curious.

Vamphuntr

Anyone tried the WiFi connection? It's supposed to be like DQIX where each week you get new players and items. I hope they don't check IP...

hipgnosis

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Pretty bad to be honest. The male singer sounds a bit bored and the song is less energetic. The japanese one is a lot better.

jdevil99

So, is there anyone here who has easy access to the English version and willing to send one to the US or at the very least direct me to a safe site selling the English version. I don't mind the high shipping cost as long as it's not astronomical.

Vamphuntr said:
Anyone tried the WiFi connection? It's supposed to be like DQIX where each week you get new players and items. I hope they don't check IP...
I tried it and there's apparently already a new player you can unlock and recruit. I'm not sure why you're concerned about your IP, though. You think Nintendo locks you out if you're not in Europe? I highly doubt that. :p

It's interesting how close the story in the Anime follows the game. I've only seen the first eight or nine episodes back when they aired in Japan, but the story progression is pretty much identical.
I just had an intense match against the Occult team and I kinda knew what I was supposed to do since I saw it in the Anime and the game, of course, tells you what to do, but I still messed up. I knew what to to, but not really how. Then the match was over after only 33 minutes and I was greeted by a Game Over screen. I was a bit surprised I actually had to load my last save and didn't just lose half my "coins" -- pretty hardcore stuff. :p

Vinterbird said:
Scandinavian about it, and it could just as well be the standard Europe release version. People should really stop calling it the Scandinavian version, because there's nothing about it that is specific to our region.
To be slightly pedantic the small coloured triangle on the spine could be the Scandinavia colour. I know light green is UK and a slightly different green is all of Europe. IIRC an NoE rep said there are 48 versions of the colours on the spines and from I remember its something NoE does to make games easier for them to distribute. i.e. they can look at the shelves in the warehouses and know where each lot if going to.

Starwolf_UK said:
To be slightly pedantic the small coloured triangle on the spine could be the Scandinavia colour. I know light green is UK and a slightly different green is all of Europe. IIRC an NoE rep said there are 48 versions of the colours on the spines and from I remember its something NoE does to make games easier for them to distribute. i.e. they can look at the shelves in the warehouses and know where each lot if going to.

We have in spain pink and sometimes yellow, but pink most of the time.

jdevil99 said:
So, is there anyone here who has easy access to the English version and willing to send one to the US or at the very least direct me to a safe site selling the English version. I don't mind the high shipping cost as long as it's not astronomical.
Urban Scholar said:
Any Gaffers willing to help me get the Scandinavian version/English version?

Please add me to this list!

schlew

Reluctant-Hero said:
Please add me to this list!

I'd love to be included as well.

I'm having trouble with that second site on the list in making an account, so I'm kind of put off. I'd rather a Gaffer help me out.

stupei

JustAnotherOtaku is still planning to get back to us about whether or not the one site's version is in english, right?

And then of course if that's the case they will immediately sell out when we all rush to make our purchase.

Meier

I probably played 50 hours of Blitzball. I didn't realize it was close to that...makes me want to play it even more.

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Luke from Layton voices the main character, and overall it's okay. They go out of their way to make it all british, which sometimes feels extremely forced. But it's serviceable, and it doesn't make you cringe too bad.

Kurtofan

So I don't really care about football,but there seems to be superpowers and stuff like that.
Is it like pokemon with football players?

Chris R

timetokill said:
Mention of "blitzball" killed any interest I had :(
Total opposite for me. Didn't even know this existed. Is this ever coming usa way or is this another must import? My dusty ds needs some loving!

the-iek

Kurtofan said:
So I don't really care about football,but there seems to be superpowers and stuff like that.
Is it like pokemon with football players?

You should like soccer to fully get the game. Of course there are some elements of Pokémon, but it's still a soccer game nonetheless.

stupei said:
JustAnotherOtaku is still planning to get back to us about whether or not the one site's version is in english, right?

And then of course if that's the case they will immediately sell out when we all rush to make our purchase.

Yup, but still no response. I'm going to send another email. Although looking at the screenshots, they're all German, even if there is a Union Jack beside the game which would usually indicate English language.

Mdk7

10 hours in (i'm sick and i playing with my DS is pretty much the only thing i can do..), i'm truly having a blast with it.
I don't know how long it will be, but the only drawback at this time is that there are lots of other players you can have in your team, yet the original ones are often a lot better than the new ones.
Amazing game though!

Mdk7 said:
the only drawback at this time is that there are lots of other players you can have in your team, yet the original ones are often a lot better than the new ones.
I wonder about that. I'm recruiting lots and lots of players, but it's pretty difficult to tell why I should even use them. There don't seem to be any striking advantages for choosing one player over another.

But yeah, the game really is super amazing. I'm about 7 hours in and I have a hard time putting the game aside so I can learn for my exams. :(

Mdk7 said:
10 hours in (i'm sick and i playing with my DS is pretty much the only thing i can do..), i'm truly having a blast with it.
I don't know how long it will be, but the only drawback at this time is that there are lots of other players you can have in your team, yet the original ones are often a lot better than the new ones.
Amazing game though!

How are you training your team?

Are you using a lot the heal stations around the map? (the blue light). Im scared of use them too much now and the price at the end of the game becomes something stupid like 2000+ passion points or something like that.

Im scared of training my team during chapters because of that. So if someone can help me here.

hipgnosis

SpacePirate Ridley said:
How are you training your team?

Are you using a lot the heal stations around the map? (the blue light). Im scared of use them too much now and the price at the end of the game becomes something stupid like 2000+ passion points or something like that.

Im scared of training my team during chapters because of that. So if someone can help me here.
I'm training a lot of my team. I'm just before the Occult match. I think i read somewhere that the price of the healing caps at 450 pasion so it really shouldn't be a problem. Of course I can't confirm this yet but that seems to make sense.

hipgnosis said:
I'm training a lot of my team. I'm just before the Occult match. I think i read somewhere that the price of the healing caps at 450 pasion so it really shouldn't be a problem. Of course I can't confirm this yet but that seems to make sense.

Thank god, I was looking for that info and didnt find it.
Although its still horribly expensive, at least there is a cap. Now I can train as much as I want and take my time in every chapter.

Mdk7

slaughterking said:
I train my team a lot, but I usually just use an item or switch characters if some of my players get too exhausted.
This.
I train VERY often, and i try to rotate as much as possible the 3 fellows that come around with me.

But seriously, the roster thing is pretty idiotic: why should i change my teammates if they're usually far better than the other 25535 players available?

StylusX

Games Basement (UK) - International shipping.

I can confirm it's English!!!!!!!!!

My copy just came now :)

I would take pics but i'm just about to head to my brothers...i know what i'm going to be doing on the train :)

Mdk7 said:
But seriously, the roster thing is pretty idiotic: why should i change my teammates if they're usually far better than the other 25535 players available?
Maybe those additional players have superior stat growth, which makes them better players on higher levels? :I

hipgnosis

Mdk7 said:
This.
I think that they can learn unique abilities which can be useful against some enemies.

Abd there even it seems there are females for teamates no? Ive seens some screens in the manual were htere was something that looked like a girl, and in the character page you see the male symbol, so it would be idiotic to put it if they were no females to get.

Also, to me it seems more of people liking more a new character design and some good attributes to change your teamates, than having much better players than the old ones, at least it seems that is the system for gaining new players.

Well, that's possible. I mean the game is aimed at children which are more likely to prefer characters just because of their appearance. IE still is a full fledged RPG with lots of stats, though, so it's hard to believe Level 5 created 1000 characters and didn't include some obvious choices for people that are just looking for the strongest team.

slaughterking said:
Well, that's possible. I mean the game is aimed at children which are more likely to prefer characters just because of their appearance. IE still is a full fledged RPG with lots of stats, though, so it's hard to believe Level 5 created 1000 characters and didn't include some obvious choices for people that are just looking for the strongest team.

Yep, thats why is going to be tedious, maybe 20 something great characters in a pile of shit.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
StylusX said:

This is pretty excellent news. I went ahead and fired off an order from them, so hopefully I'll have an English copy of the game in a week or so.

Dagon

StylusX said:

My copy just came now :)

I would take pics but i'm just about to head to my brothers...i know what i'm going to be doing on the train :)

Great news! So it's the Scandinavian version you got?

Even though I'm in the UK and the English version will be coming out here eventually (I assume), I think I may jump on this now. Game looks and sounds like good fun.

I'm in Paris for the weekend if anyone can confirm that the French version has English I can pick up some copies for people in the US and send them on Wednesday when I get back. I just got here so I haven't been to any stores yet.

Other

Well GamesBasement's site sure is a crock of shit. Slow as molasses and wants me to pay in euros, despite my being in Australia which is most deff not a part of the eurozone, and even if we ignore that it doesn't even give me the option to switch to euros to add insult to injury. What worthless tosser set up their store? Don't believe how bad it is, click on the twitter icon at the bottom of the page, it doesn't even work. How hard do you have to try to botch a bloody hyperlink?
In the meantime, has anyone found another store that has the english version and ships internationally?

Oxx

Hmm... I know if you Google the name of any company you're bound to find a ton of unsatisfied customers, but I'm still a little wary of sending Gamebasement my moneys.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Amazon.it sent me another e-mail to warn me of further delays, NOE-IT apparently still hasn't officially released the game.
So full of shit, isn't that enough that I'm willing to suffer through the Italian localization (which I have to admit have been pretty ace besides a few niggles here and there in the past, but I always play my games with Treehouse's localization whenever it's possible)...
Who knows when I'll be able to play this, but I don't want to pay a 20€ english text-tax :(

OH YES! I finally got the hang of the game, and it feels really awesome.

I would like more animated intros though, thought it would be something like one intro during the end of every chapter :(

Dash Kappei said:
Amazon.it sent me another e-mail to warn me of further delays, NOE-IT apparently still hasn't officially released the game.
So full of shit, isn't that enough that I'm willing to suffer through the Italian localization (which I have to admit have been pretty ace besides a few niggles here and there in the past, but I always play my games with Treehouse's localization whenever it's possible)...
Who knows when I'll be able to play this, but I don't want to pay a 20€ english text-tax :(

If I remember correctly there was someone already playing the italian version in this thread, and he said the italian dub was good.

Mdk7

Damiano, the game is definitely OUT in Italy, son don't believe that shit.
It's available at ALL Gamestops (every store got like 4 copies each), at GamesRush and at Saturn.

Anyway, i'm really having a blast with it.
Due to the flu i got (i've had a fever for 2 days) all i did in the last hours was playing it... i'm currently at 15 hours, it's just crazy good.
It's got that sweet, sweet surreal atmosphere à la Captain Tsubasa (or better to say "alla Holly & Benji!) that i had been missing since my childhood, with astonishing over the top tricks and simple, yet enjoyable and distinctive characters.
Oh and the gameplay is just ace as well.
I REALLY REALLY hope it sells well, i wanna play the sequels too.

BTW: how is the Wii game? Does it have the same RPG structure, or is it an arcade soccer sports game?

Mdk7 said:
Damiano, the game is definitely OUT in Italy, son don't believe that shit.
It's available at ALL Gamestops (every store got like 4 copies each), at GamesRush and at Saturn.

Anyway, i'm really having a blast with it.
Due to the flu i got (i've had a fever for 2 days) all i did in the last hours was playing it... i'm currently at 15 hours, it's just crazy good.
It's got that sweet, sweet surreal atmosphere à la Captain Tsubasa (or better to say "alla Holly & Benji!) that i had been missing since my childhood, with astonishing over the top tricks and simple, yet enjoyable and distinctive characters.
Oh and the gameplay is just ace as well.
I REALLY REALLY hope it sells well, i wanna play the sequels too.

BTW: how is the Wii game? Does it have the same RPG structure, or is it an arcade soccer sports game?

In Spain is selling nuts, the store were I bought it that had lots of peorders is out.
The kids here are buying the game in tons.
Thanks kids, you are helping that NoE brings the second game here!

GhaleonQ

So, sorry for not helping out so far. I was studying for tests, as I said. So, right when I was going to go to bed last night (I just slept for 15 hours), I walked out of my room and there was, um, used toilet water flooding the 1st floor. I had to jump over fecal matter to get out and call plumbers.

I go to 1 of the best universities in the world, but apparently someone here was bright enough to flush a ton of paper towels down the toilet, and now everything smells like backed up plumbed water. *dry heaves*

It sounds like you all are mostly okay, now. Ridley, the cap's just like the Pokemon badges to keep you from making the rest of the game a breeze. I'm glad you have controls down.

Mdk7 said:

No one knows, officially, but it looks like it changed to the Mario Strikers' style.

Mdk7 said:
This.
I train VERY often, and i try to rotate as much as possible the 3 fellows that come around with me.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Yep, thats why is going to be tedious, maybe 20 something great characters in a pile of shit.

There is the Pokemon predicament (LEVEL 80 VENUSAUR VERSUS THE ELITE 4, YEAH!), but the 1st definitely suffers the most from it. Do you know The Mighty Ducks' movies? Same thing. In the 1st, you carry your bad team to the top. The 2nd is more mercenary, and the 3rd even more so. Believe me, even if this game, there are plenty of amazing players for people who just want those. That's especially true during the endgame. I want to see if they left a certain player in, especially because of something that someone's already posted in the topic.

Top Bottom