• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones 5 for July 19th, 2019 with Spielberg and Harrison Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

Not like this.
Just recast him now, instead of killing him in 2019 and re-casting him then. I'm all for the power of suspending belief but this is ridiculous. The man is going to be 75 when they start filming for this, and there's no 75 year old I know of that is spry enough to combat whole legions of bad guys.

Tirod

Kind of surprised we are getting another Ford Indy film since Internet discourse loves to talk about casting Indy in a reboot.

I'm cool with this news so long as they learned some lessons from the fourth film.

-griffy-

Banned
I mean, you gotta be at least curious in a post-Lucas Lucasfilm-produced Indiana Jones flick, right? It's a Spielberg directed, Kennedy/Marshall produced Indiana Jones film starring Harrison Ford, after all.

daveo42

Banned
I'm fully prepared for CG Indiana with Ford doing VA this time around. Still, this whole thing sounds like a terrible mistake.

Ydelnae

Ford can't be the main character, but will be really get Shia again? I hope they act like the 4th one was a bad dream, like FFX-2 lol

SeanC

I'm down.

I didn't hate Crystal Skull as much as some. It was over the top and dumb like most Indy movies though it lacked that one element to really define it (a tank sequence or a bridge sequence or "throw me the idol" moment). Overall a mediocre movie, but not a bad one I found and if they're all down to come back, I'm down to see it.

If anything, redemption. Just get a good writer who understands the point of the character.

More senior citizen Indiana Jones seems like a bad idea at this point...but I know I'll see it regardless. I'm guessing this will be set up as a torch passing movie of some sort.

DKHF

Inhumans is scheduled for July 12, 2019... Guessing it will be moved so this doesn't cannibalise its box office. And even if they are different enough movies they would eat into each others' audiences, which Disney won't want.

Griss

We're at the stage now where any action movie greenlit that doesn't involve superheroes gets a cheer from me, no matter how desperate.

So...

yaaaay....

Pluto

I want another Indiana Jones movie but I want the part recast and for the movie to take place in the 1930s. Harrison Ford can cameo as Indy's grandpa at this point, he's that old.

I have no idea why they're so against recasting, ot has worked for James Bond for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom