• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones 5 for July 19th, 2019 with Spielberg and Harrison Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomon

I'll pass. The last one was barely passable and seeing him try to play Han Solo again just convinced me that these characters are long past their due date.

Dragun619

WHAT!?!

Man, was there a hint from either of them that wanted to do another one? Shit, feels like this came out of no where, and there's already a release date? Wtf?

Damn, Man, I hope they have an adventure worth exploring here cause that last one was uh.

And Ford just keeps coming back to his younger acting gigs. Star Wars, Blade Runner, and now Indiana Jones. Quick, what other shit can he do a sequel for. lol

I say that we should all band together now as a united front to stop this. I shouldn't need to remind anyone of what happened the last time we ignored something that seemed like an implausible farce with no chance at success...

User1608

Banned
Oh god I'm so excited!!! Please, I hope Ford is not only in good shape, but remains in good health too!!! Because he's certainly not young!

Toothless

Hopefully it's the oft-floated "Old Indy has an adventure where someone from his past returns, and we see flashbacks with Indy in the 30s with a new actor." That'd be the best way to reboot it, and I think Indy doesn't necessarily have to be Harrison Ford unlike some people.

Bradley Cooper for '30s Indy please.

I can see this working, they just have to make the movie about a lot of flashbacks and Ford is mainly completely CGI and is fighting the Rock as he reprises his role as the scorpion king... it's going to be great, it's going to be great...

Jarmel

Banned
He's not mentioned once in the press release. They make it a point to mention "franchise veterans" Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall returning. I would think if he was involved at all as far as producing or story, as in previous films, he would get a mention.

If the movie is aiming for 2019, I imagine not much work has been done. Plenty of time for Lucas to get on board. We still don't even know what is the status of the script.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Meh. Ready Player One and Indy 5. It's gonna be a good stretch with uninteresting Spielberg movies.

Here's hoping he pulls off The BFG.

Out of nowhere, lol.

Carefully excited, but this could end badly.

Thought of mine, Harrison Ford as old man Indie, telling his students about one of his adventures, with Chris Pratt as young guy Indie.

Either

1. A final that makes up for 4,

or

2. Jones finds Atlantis/Fountain of Youth leading to more Indy movies with a new younger actor(not sure if want)

Disney make a damn Indy Cartoon!

Short Round's son!

Omg they should get the kid now guy who played Short Round back.

Edit: God dammit I was searching for the guy who played Short Round and one of the searches is wondering if Glenn from the walking dead is the same actor as short round.

Guy.brush

Shia has fallen out with Hollywood powers no?
So will they pull another son out of the hat?
Or will it be old eye patch Indy telling young kids some tales involving Ford as a CG double?

liquidtmd

Banned
And Ford just keeps coming back to his younger acting gigs. Star Wars, Blade Runner, and now Indiana Jones. Quick, what other shit can he do a sequel for. lol

Incoming Fugitive 3: Back on the Road, Regarding Henry: With a Vengeance and Firewall 2: Rumours on the Internets

FTLOG, please don't have Ford as the 'action man', he's way too old and it would look absolutely ridiculous.

No more of aliens/dimensional beings either, let's just stay with magical items instead.

Blader

WHAT!?!

Man, was there a hint from either of them that wanted to do another one? Shit, feels like this came out of no where, and there's already a release date? Wtf?

Ford has talked about it for a long time, Spielberg has been saying somewhat recently that he would be doing another Indy with Ford (and he said it pretty matter of factly, not "I hope we do Indy 5 someday"), Kathy Kennedy also mentioned Indy 5 as something they would do a little down the line, and Disney/Lucasfilm was rumored to be looking at Q4 2018 as a potential release window for the movie.

Sephzilla

Ford has talked about it for a long time, Spielberg has been saying somewhat recently that he would be doing another Indy with Ford (and he said it pretty matter of factly, not "I hope we do Indy 5 someday"), Kathy Kennedy also mentioned Indy 5 as something they would do a little down the line, and Disney/Lucasfilm was rumored to be looking at Q4 2018 as a potential release window for the movie.

Plus I remember Ford saying that one of the conditions for him signing up for Episode 7 was that he got to play Indiana Jones again.

Tansut

Maybe it'll be about him and the Grail Knight living in a retirement home.

Knight.jpg

Dalek

The only way I could see this working is with fresh blood like they did with Star Wars. No Lucas is a plus, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom