• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones 5 for July 19th, 2019 with Spielberg and Harrison Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

You know what? Fuck it, I'm excited. No Lucas on board made Star Wars better, maybe Indiana Jones will also benefit from going Lucas-free

Ziffles

I'm with Plinkett/RLM in that I would much prefer a reboot rather than recasting a geriatric Harrison Ford. This is just getting out of hand.

I mean christ, dude was already older than Sean Connery in Last Crusade when he did Crystal Skull.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should cast a black lesbian woman as the new Indiana Jones and make the American's the villains. She can be stealing the Lance of Longinus from Senator McCarthy as he uses its powers to hunt commies and witches.

JSevere

they gonna Force Awakens Indiana Jones?

do a bunch of callbacks to the original trilogy
and kill off Harrison Ford's character

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Crystal Skull was horrible. This everyone can agree.

But here is my controversial opinion: Shia was the best thing in that movie.

Shia wasn't bad but the character Mutt was terrible. It was just so forced and silly. Pretty much every aspect of the film was just bad. I can't imagine how they'll write themselves out of that hole.

Russ T

Banned
Man Ford is one old motherfucker.

Unlike the rest of the internet, I enjoyed Indy 4 quite a bit. More flawed than the originals, but still a good movie. Shia was the best part of it, ironically!

Curious to see what they do with this one.

A monkey with a leather jacket

424758-mutt2.jpg

Oh wow, I totally forgot he was in the last Indy.

Ensoul

Will this take place in the 60s then?

If we go by when year Crystal skull took place in(1957) and add 11 years then we are up to 1968.

Of course I am in the "why even bother camp." because the last movie was awful and ford will be pushing 80 years old when this is being filmed.

Tookay

I feel like the time for a fourth and fifth Indy was back in the 90's.

Watching some geriatric dude hobble around in the 2000's isn't quite as appealing.

Oh fuck yes. Can't wait. I'm almost more excited for this than Star Wars.

And for all the complainers about his age:

This film is clearly (IMO) going to set up for a passing-of-the-torch. He'll have some action-y bits but don't expect him to be running around like he did in the 80s. That will be reserved for some younger castmates. He pulled it off with Han Solo. No reason to believe he can't do it with Indy.

He'll play the Sean Connery role, so to speak. Connery was 69 in The Last Crusade. Harrison will be 77 in this. It works.

Sheroking

I'm with Plinkett/RLM in that I would much prefer a reboot rather than recasting a geriatric Harrison Ford. This is just getting out of hand.

The assumption being that a "geriatric Harrison Ford" is going to be running from boulders and shit. A movie about a near 80 year old Indy isn't inherently bad, it just needs to be written with the understanding that it's a movie about a near 80 year old Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones is not a character I ever want to see another actor play. I would prefer to have him pass the franchise down to a different character than have it be rebooted.

Because they want to bring an enjoyable movie to the many people that will go to the movies to enjoy a bit of harmless escapism?
Then why bring back Harrison Ford?

The assumption being that a "geriatric Harrison Ford" is going to be running from boulders and shit. A movie about a near 80 year old Indy is inherently bad, it just needs to be written with the understanding that it's a movie about a near 80 year old Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones is not a character I ever want to see another actor play. I would prefer to have him pass the franchise down to a different character than have it be rebooted.
If Indiana Jones isn't running away from boulders and shit then it shouldn't be an Indiana Jones movie. That's just boring grandpa man trying to act young. Nobody gives a shit about Indy as a character, he's just cool action man. And you want to take away the cool action part!

-griffy-

Banned
Who said this was Lucas-free?

He's not mentioned once in the press release. They make it a point to mention "franchise veterans" Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall returning. I would think if he was involved at all as far as producing or story, as in previous films, he would get a mention.

Isn't the word on the street the only iconic role Ford actually cares about is Indiana Jones? This shouldn't be any surprise to anyone. Also, wasn't there a rumor he basically said he'd only do Star Wars if Disney would give him a new Indiana Jones film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom